Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:21:50 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin is gone will the other coin survive?  (Read 1722 times)
magicmeyk (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 06:51:53 AM

Basing on the market today bitcoin is dumping hard and also the alt coins. I guess without bitcoin the other coins will be gone too. What do you think?
Gabz999

Activity: 266
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:15:18 AM

Basing on the market today bitcoin is dumping hard and also the alt coins. I guess without bitcoin the other coins will be gone too. What do you think?
I guess so. The king of all digital currency is the Bitcoin, so if its gone probably the Altcoins will gone too. Bitcoin is the first ever crypto and the altcoins is based on its concept about blockchai and decentralized.
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 10:14:54 AM

Maybe yes, but maybe no,
If yes, it will proof that cryptos do not really decentralised,
But since some altcoins has their own platform they may be survive, and ETH has huge change to take over BTC position as the King

Andrey123

Activity: 1750
Merit: 305

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:13:50 PM

Bitcoin is not the last resort.
This, on the contrary, will give an incentive to other coins, where transactions are much faster, there are not many problems, and so on.
And most importantly, we know the creators of these coins and can follow the development)

Hello! Voluntary donations that will go towards the development of my coin.
34bwEhH3GMx6swYXt2NBfFbYGkdTcaWtXz....BTC

whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:25:23 PM

I don't think others will survive because bitcoin was considered as the king of crypto,if king falls which means kingdom also will fell.people started to trust cryotocurrency due to the bitcoin price growth one if it fails they will lose hope and fall back from investing on the other cryotocurrency too which literally means others will also fall.
LSt56

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:29:38 PM

it is very difficult to make a decision. because some coins may survive even though Bitcoin dies but I doubt it for any other coin.

Shishir99

Activity: 644
Merit: 379

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 12:48:27 PM

It will be very much difficult for other coin to survive.
But Bitcoin's competitor can rice if bitcoin is gone.
I think Ethereum is one of the strongest competitor of Bitcoin in current market situation.
xwshamim

Activity: 467
Merit: 251

https://t.me/xwshamim

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 12:52:30 PM

i dont think alt coins will stay if bitcoin is dead because its the king off all crypto's everything price up down most o fthe time is based on this so probably all of them will be gone
Bonakid

Activity: 224
Merit: 121

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:14:27 PM

For me altcoins depends on the bitcoin price if it will be gone, all them are gone too.Because bitcoin is the mother of cryptocurrency  and the other altcoins is hard to survive without bitcoin,it will never die it has the stability and it is the strongest coin in crypto.
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:40:16 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2018, 03:05:05 PM by marlboroza

Which one? As I can see market is green and bitcoin went above 9K again.
Look, if bitcoin for some unknown reason die I am sure some other altcoin will replace it.
But the thing is - it won't die, and even if your topic is very short you have too many IF's in it.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:45:04 PM

Basing on the market today bitcoin is dumping hard and also the alt coins.
It's not that bad. If we look at how much growth we have experienced in the last few months, it's safe to say that a correction was bound to happen. It's impossible that the market shoots up endlessly without falling back down again. If you have played it correctly, you are now at a point where you buy back the coins you sold at near peak levels.

I guess without bitcoin the other coins will be gone too. What do you think?
No. Bitcoin as we speak is the front driver of this entire market, and once (for whatever reason) Bitcoin isn't there anymore, the crowd will park its capital in the next best coin. Depending on your own preference, it might be Litecoin or Ethereum to take the front driver position at that point in time. People will easily adapt to the situation and move forward, that's how things go in the crypto market, and that's also what I like about it. Whatever horrible event occurs, people forget about it after a month or two.
BobBct

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:13:21 PM

Me i think yes. each coin in the market is independent some actually wants to get rid of bitcoin. but when btc is gone it will affect the market i'm sure. the market will not be volatile like when btc is still in the market.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:37:11 PM

If people embraced the fact that cryptos are here to stay, even if bitcoin proved to hlbe a failure in the coming years, other coins will still survive. Different countries are already creating their own digital currencies based on the blockchain tech, so I guess it wouldn't be impossible for cryptocoins to stay even if bitcoin disappeared.

Bitcoin as of now, remains to be the only avenue for everyone to get their hands on crypto, but if exchanges allow USD/Crypto exchanges (which I doubt to be possible at the moment), there'd be a surge of users investing fiat to get crypto.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:43:27 PM

why would bitcoin be gone?

answer this important initial question and then you get your answer too. because bitcoin is not just going to vanish one morning after you wake up. there will be a reason and since altcoins are mostly based on bitcoin there is a good chance that same reason will also be applied to them and they also disappear!

also depending on the reason why bitcoin vanished in your theory, the reason may apply to other cryptocurrencies even if they share nothing with bitcoin, the fact that they are in the same category (crypto-currency) can be enough.

There is a FOMO brewing...
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:08:50 PM

It will then be on the basis of how bitcoin went down in the first place because that will go a long way to determine the survival of other coins. If its the enactment of certain laws where other countries goes along with it, then there won't be any exception to whether it's bitcoin or other coins just like the ban on crypto currencies on Facebook that broke some days back. It involved all of cryptos.

On the other hand, they might survive just like when bitcoin was falling and ETH and Ripple were still holding forth it means if it continues, those other could still survive. Another is if there is a discovery of a security flaw just like the one of Electrum few weeks back and it was not arrested or the casualties was more than necessary then other coins might survive but they would feel the heat. Aside that their fate is tied to bitcoin.
ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:26:43 PM

I think so, since bitcoin is consider to be the father of all cryptos, their value has greatly affected by current status of bitcoin in the market so if bitcoin will going to die chances that all other alts can drops and lose their value is possible to happen.
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:40:02 PM

No,will be my answer even though there is no relation between the price of bitcoin and other crypto currency but it is indirectly connected between to the crypto investors,who always choose to invest on other crypto currency when the bitcoin price keeps going and they will cashout when the bitcoin started to fall.so it looks like directly proportional if bitcoin fails then people will lose interest or trust on the other crypto currencies.
But there is no chance for that to happen because bitcoin was grown from ashes now it becomes a big giant even it crashed recently.So people still have trust on bitcoins and holding their bitcoin until there is investors the bitcoin will last long.
Emperor of Man

Activity: 886
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:45:39 PM

Bitcoin will not be gone, but even if it someday happens the market will try and replace it with another option/options.

So, yes, many other coins will survive.
ajochems

Activity: 1305
Merit: 511

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:11:39 PM

Bitcoin is not the last resort.
This, on the contrary, will give an incentive to other coins, where transactions are much faster, there are not many problems, and so on.
And most importantly, we know the creators of these coins and can follow the development)

But bitcoin is the best coin as compared to other cryptocurrency.We know the developer of other coins,other than bitcoin not even a single coin is decentralised. So it value is control by the developer. But in bitcoin, no one can control the price of bitcoin.This is the one of reason,the price of bitcoin is always top of cryptocurrency.Now the price of bitcoin is start to increase,so bitcoin will not die.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:23:40 PM

There are some people who are thinking that in order for them to rise up they have to kill Bitcoin. What they don't understand is that if Bitcoin will be gone there will be less confidence and trust left on the market and it will be harder to get more people to adopt cryptocurrency. What will happen to Bitcoin can happen to any coin...this can be the premise that can make the whole cryptocurrency go down if Bitcoin can soon be dead. I am not an expert in predicting though so take my words with some grain of salt (just a disclaimer).
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: