Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:58:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin is gone will the other coin survive?  (Read 1705 times)
Tynovten_

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:38:42 PM

Maybe some altcoin won't disappear but will drop, which already has a platform to survive. And besides that eth will replace the position of btc. Bitcoin is only the basic price for altcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
seizetehday5

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:02:17 PM

Well altcoins only exist to solve problems that Bitcoin can't solve so yeah if Bitcoin was gone there would be no need to fix problems that don't yet exist.

Mahanton

Activity: 2702
Merit: 626

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:07:19 PM

Basing on the market today bitcoin is dumping hard and also the alt coins. I guess without bitcoin the other coins will be gone too. What do you think?
There would really be effects on the market if bitcoin would be gone considering that the king and first crypto is not already existing but as expected there would be a new coin would really took its place. Theres always a possibility since we do know on how this crypto market works. Everything is very unpredictable which anytime there might happen that we least expected.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
gamerfan

Activity: 766
Merit: 501

BUY BITCOIN WITH PAYPAL AND CREDIT CARDS

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:07:30 PM

Basing on the market today bitcoin is dumping hard and also the alt coins. I guess without bitcoin the other coins will be gone too. What do you think?

I think you are really exaggerating, man!
First of all, today Bitcoin and almost any other altcoin out there are in a uptrend.
Second, don't forget the bull stage in last December was very fast, maybe too fast, so a correction was very expected by many analysts. Maybe you are a recent investors, but crypto market is very volatile so it's not a surprise to see such dumps, pumps, and so on...

aveon

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:08:57 PM

Well altcoins only exist to solve problems that Bitcoin can't solve so yeah if Bitcoin was gone there would be no need to fix problems that don't yet exist.
Well, the BTC has the right of the first night let's say, if it will disappear, then only after 80% of altcoins disappear. There are many new techs that allow bitcoin to compete with more advanced cryptocurrencies. That of course lead to forks, either hard of soft of course, but basically, the problems with bitcoin are to be sold
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:15:37 PM

Honestly, I do not believe that eth will ever overcome on Bitcoin and became the king. Anyway, no Bitcoin is not going to lose and if it somehow does lose then other coins are not going to exhaust like this one because there is a lot of money in the market and the only reason which can kill Bitcoin is if all the people take all of the money from the Bitcoin. Just like if you take all of your money from the banks the banks will close down. So if someone takes all of the money and put the money in another currency or virtual currency then there is a chance that Bitcoin can be killed.
kolega

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:14:43 PM

Many coins have their own strong platform and innovative technologies.
Some coins have their own blockchain.
Some coins, such as RIPL for example, have all chances to become a digital payment instrument.
A number of promising and innovative technologies that can function properly without bitcoin.
Ryanpogi

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:42:09 PM

what I'm read, if the bitcoin is lost the coins will definitely be affected. but they will not be lost even though bounty hunters have great losses. do not lose hope. thanks.
DMiracle1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:47:12 PM

I think it will. From a general point of view, Bitcoin and Ethereum differ in purpose. While Bitcoin is created as an alternative to regular money and is thus a medium of payment transaction and store of value, Ethereum is developed as a platform which facilitates peer-to-peer contracts and applications via its own currency vehicle. While Bitcoin and Ether are both digital currencies, the primary purpose of Ether is not to establish itself as a payment alternative (unlike Bitcoin) but to facilitate and monetize the working of Ethereum to enable developers to build and run distributed applications (ĐApps).
Bitcoin and Ethereum are different versions using the blockchain technology, and are set to establish themselves, driven by different intentions.
audrey12

Activity: 210
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:51:31 PM

Maybe yes but I don't think they will going to have a good value same as bitcoin. Since bitcoin is consider to be the most strongest and stable crypto in tge market, losing it will only makes people lose trust to stablity of cryptos in a long run and may not invest to alts the way they invest on bitcoin. I believe crypto currencies will lose their market trust if bitcoin will going to die.
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:18:54 PM

I don’t think Bitcoin will die any time soon. This is just a market crash just like the ones we see in the stock market. However, there are probably a couple of thousand altcoins in existence. Some are very good ones but many are just junk. Many of the bad ones will die off because they are worthless. But there will always be new ones popping up as people try to make money on the newest idea or pump and dump.
dzhan

Activity: 743
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:19:16 PM

In theory there is no link between Bitcoin and altcoins, and even if Bitcoin disappear, altcoins can survive. But in reality, If Bitcoin disappear it will affect badly all the crypto markets. It will spread negativity and panick and it will decrease the prices of all crypto currencies. Its the worst scenario for crypto currencies.
sofi@

Activity: 238
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:28:45 PM

In theory there is no link between Bitcoin and altcoins, and even if Bitcoin disappear, altcoins can survive. But in reality, If Bitcoin disappear it will affect badly all the crypto markets. It will spread negativity and panick and it will decrease the prices of all crypto currencies. Its the worst scenario for crypto currencies.
Yes it's true since the price of alts depend on the current value of bitcoin the moment it will die will surely decrease the market price of all other coins. People will start to get panic and thinks cryptos are not good investment which will surely drops the demand cryptos has. But the way I see it bitcoin will never be gone in the circulation it may drops in value so hard but it will never die.

bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:30:09 PM

I believed that even bitcoin disappear for sure there still some other altcoins that will survive where it will continously stand on its own community in this industry. Because honestly there are many altcoin out there which is good and beeter than bitcoin like Ethereum. This is just my opinion only.
Paul stuart

Activity: 101

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:32:45 PM

If bitcoin falls there will necessarily be a new safe haven, unless governments sanction their use
v0rtecxz

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:10:35 PM

on certain matters such a thing can happen, if at present bitcoin suffers a devastating collapse in the price drop too quickly, and if many countries impose a ban on bitcoin, it is certain that one altcoin will replace its position as the best coin, yet for the moment I think something like that will not happen any time soon, of course there are still many people who still trust bitcoin and they believe bitcoin can recover quickly,
Wyne

Activity: 531
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:22:40 AM

Basically all crypto is based on bitcoin.  That is the reason why if the bitcoin decreases or increases its value, other altcoin follows.  It is just a domino effect.  That is the reason why it is called king of all crypto currency. 

I think the decreasing value of bitcoin we encountered now is normal considering it volatile in nature.  But, even it decreases its value, I do not think it will be gone soon.

But if we will suppose  bitcoin will gone, I think there will be other crypto who will exist to replace its position.  Just think about it, if a kingdom losses its king, the kingdom will fall into the hand of other king who posses much greater power, strength and plays a much better strategy compared to the late one.  Meaning, if bitcoin will gone (which is impossible to happen) there is still other altcoin who will replace it with more improve features and capacity.  In that sense, crypto currency will still survive. 
emmybd

Activity: 1218
Merit: 112

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 02:34:15 AM

If bitcoin is gone, then it would be very difficult for other coins to survive. I believe bitcoin is the pillar of cryptocurrency and it is not going to disappear, it would remain strong in future too.

Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:36:37 AM

Bitcoin will not gone , but let say yes it is but im not saying it will , crytoworld is a broad community , if bitcoin is gone therefore new coin will raise . But it will not happen , miners , traders and investors are always there to help bitcoin as is.
cryptotricks

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:52:44 PM

We will have to wait and watch on that. As of today, if you ask, yes if bitcoin goes all other coins wont survive. But, in future if some other currency is capable of pulling what bitcoin pulled in these last few years, then it depends on the market conditions that time. We will have to wait and watch.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: