Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:12:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin is gone will the other coin survive?  (Read 1705 times)
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1332

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:55:08 PM

Basing on the market today bitcoin is dumping hard and also the alt coins. I guess without bitcoin the other coins will be gone too. What do you think?

Hopefully it will not die, but if we can imagine such a situation, I will answer you: yes, the other altcoins are independent and they will survive.
No only some coins are independent, most coins are just copies of bitcoin trying to apply the concept of the blockchain to things that do not need it, and the only reason those projects are still alive is because bitcoin is strong and people love to speculate, if bitcoin were to die all those altcoins will die in just a few days or weeks and the only projects left are the ones that have some innovation going on for them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Scavagers

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:36:23 AM

Basing on the market today bitcoin is dumping hard and also the alt coins. I guess without bitcoin the other coins will be gone too. What do you think?
i think bitcoin has nothing to do with other alt coins, I think if bitcoin has gone, there will still be altcoins existing because as far as I know, they have and are using their own platform but some will die also I guess.I think if it bitcoin dies, someone will replace it as a king of cryptocurrency.i think some copycat of bitcoin will also die and others that have their own platform will survive. But I think it will be impossible to bitcoin to die, it is still growing bigger and bigger.I think if bitcoin lost its popularity, any other altcoin will do also because bitcoin is the image of cryptocurrency and when bitcoin dies, cryptocurrency also.
rhayot

Activity: 351
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:54:53 AM

If bitcoin dies, there’s a chance that the other coins will gone also. Because, in the first place bitcoin is the first crypto currency created and it is the dominant cryptocurrency. The value of the altcoins are depending on bitcoin, so if the bitcoin falls down then most probably the other coins will falls down also. But, as we cannot predict what will happen in bitcoin nor altcoins for the upcoming future, we still guarantee that maybe some other coins will be created and it will be the dominant cryptocurrency.
zemb

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:17:00 AM

I think all cryptocurrencies that have the potential to grow are designed to survive. Cryptocurrencies should not be dependent on each other and must function independently.
denulh

Activity: 300
Merit: 10

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:27:36 AM

At this time, there are still many altcoins on the market beside bitcoin, they are born after bitcoin but more advance and have high potential to rise in the future. So if bitcoin die suddenly in the future, then the market will suffer a very strong impact and drop in long time, however the altcoins will not die but take the serious drops and recover in the future.

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
Hendrahendri

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:07:38 PM

If it’s true true teejadi, then ETH will be the coin number one in the world kripto but I think it would be impossible will be lost her btc in the world krypto because btc is the king of all the coin coins,
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:28:53 PM

If bitcoin gone or die just incase only.  I think most of the altcoin will survive becausr not on them are base on the bitcoin price even if the coin is base to bitcoin for sure it will survive. If bitcoin die for sure the next bitcoin will be ethereum so no problem because crypto will not end if bitcoin die for sure you will make a lot of profit because possible the coin that you have will increase more.
Well, it is a big IF. What we should be asking ourselves anyway is that, what would make bitcoin go that would actually not affect the other coins in the market ? Okay, maybe someone may start saying ETH will take over and lead the trend.

Ordinarily, bitcoin is having a dip and the whole market getting dragged down is already a clear indication of what would happen to the market if anything happens to bitcoin. More like what will happen to a country if the head is killed. Most traders know what this would cause and would find ways to move into fiat immediately, hence cause a crypto disaster.
e19293001

Activity: 120
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:42:34 PM

Altcoins are not bitcoin. They are totally different. Bitcoin will stay forever because it is now a respected crypto currency. Problems in bitcoin are being solved while altcoins are providing solutions that bitcoin is not capable of. But when bitcoin is gone, I believe altcoins will remain.
Hypnosis00

Activity: 2352
Merit: 339

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:43:22 PM

I think that they can survive because they are not depending on the market of bitcoin because they have their own type of market and community that can help them in order to make their price goes up. The other coins are created by their own developers and they are getting demand from their own supporters so they can easily survive.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
--DarkSecrets--

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:02:48 PM

it is very difficult to make a decision. because some coins may survive even though Bitcoin dies but I doubt it for any other coin.

Bitcoin has been a basis and standard of cryptocurrencies ever since so I dont think that other crypto coins will be that glad when bitcoin died. Besides, there is one news I' ve read that sime coins depends on bitcoin so i think that it will be hard for other coins when something wrong happens to bitcoin.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-       
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_   
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS.▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██   
  ▐██▌                       
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
Joriecoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:08:52 PM

I think that they can survive because they are not depending on the market of bitcoin because they have their own type of market and community that can help them in order to make their price goes up. The other coins are created by their own developers and they are getting demand from their own supporters so they can easily survive.

But if bitcoin is gone, there will always be a negative effect on the altcoins. We all know that bitcoin is the number one cryptocurrency. If it happens that it will gone, I'm pretty much sure all altcoins price may drastically drop. People may lose their interest or trust to altcoins coz incase that bitcoin may gone, it could possibly happen also to altcoin. I could say that altcoin were also depending to bitcoin. Bitcoin plays an important role to altcoin.
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:11:04 PM

The blockchain technology cannot be erased it's a technology we have to live by, just like the internet, if ever Bitcoin is gone there will be another coin that will surface that will solve all bitcoin problems and besides there are a lot of bitcoin fork and emerging coin like ethereum and waves that will likely to survive in the competition.
DRVX

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:54:25 AM

The other altcoins will naturally stay on the market even when Bitcoin vanishes from it. Although, honestly I cannot imagine that it will ever happen.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:08:26 AM

how many thread like this do we need to answer before it stop?few days ago if im not mistaken same topic i had answered but dont know what section was that so i cant put the links on here.

But again i will post my opinion here.bitcoin is stablish and a great coin no doubt,but altcoins has they're own platform and team so means they can stand on their own even if bitcoins gone,yes many coins has been using bitcoin platform but some coins has the same offer with good service .low fees and faster transaction
Cece

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:43:11 AM

I think the other coin will not survive if the bitcoin was gone. Why? Think about it. The most powerful and decentralize crypto currency is the bitcoin, do you think the remaining crypto currency will survive? of course not. The top most crypto currency will gone, what more if the other crypto currency. People believes in bitcoin since it was created and hoping for the growth but if is gone, the other coin will gone too.
kolitski

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:34:36 AM

I think so, since bitcoin is consider to be the father of all cryptos, their value has greatly affected by current status of bitcoin in the market so if bitcoin will going to die chances that all other alts can drops and lose their value is possible to happen.

That is right if the people are praying that bitcoin will gonna die and all coins will also die, and that is the way that crypto currency is no longer in internet and people here are lossing their job and no more income.

Ryan Tirta Permana

Activity: 136
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:47:11 AM

I think it can still be because to be the next benchmark is ethereum that deserves me menurt, tertuma with many project of ICOs that use smart contrac ethereum, this is just my speculation if the missing bitcoin will surely exist that can not survive because I think the market direction is more to bitcoin.

Malamok101

Activity: 868
Merit: 100

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:36:10 AM

Even though the price of bitcoin drops, the price of the bitcoin can not be reduced to the coinmarketcap. The price goes down the problem, but what is the reason why they are losing?
 Huh

lance04

Activity: 462
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:36:53 PM

No, the existence of other coin in the market will not be affected by the loss of bitcoin to our industry because they are not connected to each other.
jeronimosuykens

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:52:55 PM

Altcoins are not bitcoin. They are totally different. Bitcoin will stay forever because it is now a respected crypto currency. Problems in bitcoin are being solved while altcoins are providing solutions that bitcoin is not capable of. But when bitcoin is gone, I believe altcoins will remain.
Right. Actually, bitcoin and all other altcoins in the crypto market work independently and do not affect too much. People often use the value of bitcoin to standardize the other altcoin, so when the bitcoin fluctuates, it also affects the other altcoin but if the bitcoin disappears then the other altcoin still exist and deal normally.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: