Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:51:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin is gone will the other coin survive?  (Read 1707 times)
Xetonica

Activity: 706
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:57:13 PM

Basing on the market today bitcoin is dumping hard and also the alt coins. I guess without bitcoin the other coins will be gone too. What do you think?
I guess so. The king of all digital currency is the Bitcoin, so if its gone probably the Altcoins will gone too. Bitcoin is the first ever crypto and the altcoins is based on its concept about blockchai and decentralized.

That is true the bitcoin is the leader of all coins in the coin market if the bitcoin will fall and also the altcoins will fall, if the community is still continuing investing the bitcoin and altcoins probably the crypto currency will not gone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qwertyup23

Activity: 2240
Merit: 787

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:17:20 AM

Basing on the market today bitcoin is dumping hard and also the alt coins. I guess without bitcoin the other coins will be gone too. What do you think?

It really depends on the reason why bitcoin has been banned in the first place. If most of the countries have imposed a ban on cryptocurrencies in general, then expect alternate coins to die as well. But if the reason involves the 'hype' of bitcoin and its volume decreasing, then another competitor might be the reason for that sudden change of heart. Personally, there exists this direct proportional relationship if bitcoin prices to alternate coins as well in terms of market pricing that when bitcoin decreases, they follow as well (highly debatable).

No, the existence of other coin in the market will not be affected by the loss of bitcoin to our industry because they are not connected to each other.

They may not be FULLY connected but they are still categorized as cryptocurrencies in general. If government institutions around the world impose a ban on it, then bitcoin and altcoins would die together. In terms of the price, they may be independent but they still use the blockchain technology as the pathway for transactions.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
kobe24

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:48:47 AM

It's hard to predict because each coin has a different used like eth and ripple but for me it will survive but expect a lower price if bitcoin is gone.

ninche

Activity: 610
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:54:54 AM

if btc dies,all coins will die cause we see they all depend on btc for trading and when btc price falls,all coins falls too so they all rely on btc
chengyinoing01

Activity: 131
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:35:42 AM

If bitcoin is dead, it will be difficult for other COINS to survive.

Because bitcoin is considered the king of encryption.
exchange.blue

Activity: 420
Merit: 40

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:37:22 AM

thats a dumb thing to assume
btcneodev

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:38:36 AM

There is no way alt coins will survive if bitcoin gone. If bitcoin dead then that's mean cryptocurrency dead, so no other cryptocurrency will worth a value.
gedabuz

Activity: 207
Merit: 38

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 01:44:12 AM

I think this is a common thing for bitcoin ... every year bitcoin always gives us a very amazing surprise .... let's see every incident from year to year ... bitcoin prices always go down first before jumping to fly the point is very high ... so no need to worry because this is our moment to buy at a cheap price before the price rises ...: D

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │      T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  1st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
hackzang12

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:56:54 AM

Bitcoin won't die because it is designed to be back up of all currencies and technology relies to bitcoin right now. if you say bitcoin will die then think of stone age? are you willing to go back in the past? Bitcoin will stay longer.
ELEL_ELEL

Activity: 177
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:33:17 AM

I think it will not survive because bitcoin now is going lower and the others coins also is going down. I think the life of coins is under bitcoins situation. So it's hard to have a hope in times like this.
SmokerFace

Activity: 958
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:36:46 AM

I think not because bitcoin is the main coin of all alternative coins that's what we called "Alternative" means alternate to bitcoin currency so if bitcoin is gone it will affects altcoins too because you can't but altcoins without using bitcoins even you buy it using USD it affects the whole market too that's the reason why when bitcoin changes it's value the alts change it's value too.
Seeker#9

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:14:54 AM

Some of the coins will survive, others will eventually die. Many established altcoins can function independently from bitcoin and can make their price continue to rise up even bitcoin is down. Strong and continuing support is needed to make any coin stable and I think the life of every cryptocurrency is not tied up to bitcoin because most are made independently. But if the blockchain technology in which the coins are based failed, then all cryptocurrencies will surely be gone.
ngacengan

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:33:17 AM

it seems that other digital currencies will increasingly try to become or replace bitcoin and it will definitely affect all existing coin prices but hopefully it does not destroy other coin prices.
mware

Activity: 390

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:31:31 AM

If that's the case, all the of cryptocurrencies that're derived from Bitcoin would also fall under the law and become "dead" in the same way. however those who survied would have to take the same uphill route that bitcoin did to mainstream adoption, unfortunetly there would be increased regulation after the crash.
mrproblem

Activity: 392
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:54:22 AM

Before it is gone, one of other coin like ethereum will take over the leadership with increasing of its marketcap more than bitcoin.
than bitcoin may leave without any effect on markets.
But in case of leaving without any leadership ceremony, means a small chaos but not a survival situation happens for coins that have large caps.
lance04

Activity: 462
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:02:23 AM

No, the existence of bitcoin will no affects the life status of the other electronic coin in the cryptocurrrency.
Bitcoin has a separate juridical personality among other coins; therefore they will not be affected what happen to each of them. They are independent to each other.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:17:01 AM

No, the existence of bitcoin will no affects the life status of the other electronic coin in the cryptocurrrency.
Bitcoin has a separate juridical personality among other coins; therefore they will not be affected what happen to each of them. They are independent to each other.

But when BTC price decreases, all the Crypto-Currency market loses value as well. The AltCoins success is interconnected with BTC success. By observing the market, what makes Crypto-Currency world survive at this moment is Bitcoin strength.
Maybe in the future it will change, but for now that is how it works...

I might say Bitcoin is the store of value of Crypto-Currency world, like gold and assets are the store of value of many countries.  Cheesy

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
BitcoinCommodor

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:21:50 AM

BTC is like gold - nobody uses it like money, but it will always be the measure
Gold is something else, you shouldn’t be comparing them with bitcoins. Reason is simple, they are totally different species. Although they both related with aspect of money, but bitcoins are digital and gold is physical. Their mode of investment, their features and everything is totally different. Bitcoins have their own importance in the international market while gold have their own.
abas_ir

Activity: 518
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:53:28 AM

But when BTC price decreases, all the Crypto-Currency market loses value as well. The AltCoins success is interconnected with BTC success. By observing the market, what makes Crypto-Currency world survive at this moment is Bitcoin strength.
Maybe in the future it will change, but for now that is how it works...

I might say Bitcoin is the store of value of Crypto-Currency world, like gold and assets are the store of value of many countries.  Cheesy
bitcoin as a bencmark in crypto markets.when it down it mean no trust in crypto market, so other altcoin loss their trust to from holder.but when it goes up , altcoin do the same.
heninur

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:06:20 PM

It is very difficult to predict this, but I think if bitcoin is lost, then another coin will also be lost. Even today, if the bitcoin price falls then the price of another coin also falls, so chances are if bitcoin is lost then the other coins will also be lost.
However, I hope this will not happen, hopefully the bitcoin and other coins will remain victorious and not lost.

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: