Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:28:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin is gone will the other coin survive?  (Read 1710 times)
bitcoinveda

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:33:25 PM

Basing on the market today bitcoin is dumping hard and also the alt coins. I guess without bitcoin the other coins will be gone too. What do you think?
I guess so. The king of all digital currency is the Bitcoin, so if its gone probably the Altcoins will gone too. Bitcoin is the first ever crypto and the altcoins is based on its concept about blockchai and decentralized.

That is true the bitcoin is the leader of all coins in the coin market if the bitcoin will fall and also the altcoins will fall, if the community is still continuing investing the bitcoin and altcoins probably the crypto currency will not gone.

I agree with you because it is not possible to guess about the market without Bitcoin. Bitcoin is always supergiant for all the cryptocurrency. All other coin will become Zero if there is no Bitcoin, i think people cannot digest this news without Bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nasty23

Activity: 736
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:41:06 PM

BTC is like gold - nobody uses it like money, but it will always be the measure
Gold is something else, you shouldn’t be comparing them with bitcoins. Reason is simple, they are totally different species. Although they both related with aspect of money, but bitcoins are digital and gold is physical. Their mode of investment, their features and everything is totally different. Bitcoins have their own importance in the international market while gold have their own.
Yes they have a different uses but because of that it helps our market increase its demand. Everyone can use it that's why it is very important and bitcoin become a basis of every coin because most of the concept of every coin having a bitcoin there that makes them popular even they have a different purposes.

el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:48:21 AM
Merited by 1Referee (1), haroldtee (1)

Basing on the market today bitcoin is dumping hard and also the alt coins. I guess without bitcoin the other coins will be gone too. What do you think?

During this year, we will find our answer, that bitcoin will be survive or not. Sure bitcoin has hard dump and also altcoins are going to down. I am sure within 2 or 3 months we will see clearly about bitcoin price where it go. Now it is difficult to me to predict about bitcoin and other altcoin. 
What is so difficult there? Sure, no one can predict the price of bitcoin but nothing is making bitcoin go away in the first instance. Now, let us even imagine that this scenario ends up playing out, and looking at the way things are in the market, I am sure it would affect the market a little bit, most investors will even find it hard to trust any other coin if such could have happened to the legacy coin, so that would have a huge blow in the whole market. Don't think it too much though; I do not see this happening.

Bitcoin is like the main center of attraction and usually you will have to convert most cryptocurrencies anyway to bitcoin first to be able to convert to fiat, so that is one reason why the concentration is more on bitcoin. However, regarding regulating bitcoin, in the literal sense, this cannot happen, and the only general thing that can happen here is the government regulating exchanges and activities that has to do with cryptocurrencies.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
mi56374100

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:24:49 AM

Bitcoin is the king of all digital currencies. If bitcoin disappeared, other COINS would disappear.

I think bitcoin is volatile, but it won't go away.
rajsimran

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:36:27 AM

I think no.I saw many times when bitcoin dumping altcoins also dumping.Very few coins who is pumping.In my opinion altcoins depends on bitcoin pumping and dumping.When bitcoins is in stable price that time altcoins pump.But when bitcoins dumps very high altcoins also dump.
KEPLER99

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:21:06 AM

I think that they can survive because they are not depending on the market of bitcoin because they have their own type of market and community that can help them in order to make their price goes up. The other coins are created by their own developers and they are getting demand from their own supporters so they can easily survive.
The chances of alternative coins surviving without bitcoin is zero to negligible. Everyone is well aware of bitcoin and its strength, if such a powerful crypto currency will come to an end, then people won’t trust any other coin or it would be very hard for them to try out digital assets. Bitcoin is the king of digital coins umpire. No state can live for long without its leader. Personally, I think they all will come to an end and it has high probability.
Xetonica

Activity: 706
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:50:09 AM

Perhaps it will also gone because bitcoin is the king of crypto currency, i think most of the altcoins was depending on bitcoin when up and down of bitcoin price. Most of the altcoins is converting into bitcoin and bitcoin into cash.
Bellator

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:58:41 AM

Perhaps it will also gone because bitcoin is the king of crypto currency, i think most of the altcoins was depending on bitcoin when up and down of bitcoin price. Most of the altcoins is converting into bitcoin and bitcoin into cash.
Yes I agree on that because all of the altcoin really use bitcoin in exchange of the altcoin and then convert into fiat maybe if bitcoin gone all altcoin will be going to paralized or maybe they are also perish. I also believe that the bitcoin is really the top or the king of all coin and if it will gone all of the branches may also gone.

KesoNie
Copper Member

Activity: 672
Merit: 270

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:02:21 AM

I think no.I saw many times when bitcoin dumping altcoins also dumping.Very few coins who is pumping.In my opinion altcoins depends on bitcoin pumping and dumping.When bitcoins is in stable price that time altcoins pump.But when bitcoins dumps very high altcoins also dump.
I have also the same outlook on this subject. I have been observed it a 5months later when I figured out  that altcoins price dumped too when bitcoin price are also dumped. Altcoins is depend on what bitcoin status also. So for that we can say that whatever may happen to bitcoin will give a big effect to altcoins too.
alisaadat60

Activity: 87
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:04:08 AM

How knows? some say maybe Eth will replace btc in the future and I think it's not impossible.
mia khalifa

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:15:39 AM

if bitcoin disappears and fails it seems like a lot of coin ayng is competing to be the best and best coin that can replace bitcoin but it's also possible some altcoin also collapsed due to its failing bitcoin system, all possibilities can happen here I hope it does not happen.
lagoon88

Activity: 1523
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:32:15 AM

I think nothing will happen to bitcoin and it would survive in future.
coinscircle

Activity: 202
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:36:10 AM

i think this is just a huge fluctuation of the market. There is no coin will die in the market. it will recover after the Chinese New Year holiday.
I am confident that bitcoin will not disappear at least for another two years, we can see the market is being greatly affected by the ban from China and India. But we can count on bitcoins as the price of bitcoins has been increasing steadily over the past few days and has made the market more active.
nodelover

Activity: 140
Merit: 30

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:37:43 AM

hmm, sad to know that if ever that will happened and I think many cryptocurrencies may be affected in that case.

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS            
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
mx667

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:01:13 AM

I am confident that bitcoin will not disappear at least for another two years, we can see the market is being greatly affected by the ban from China and India. But we can count on bitcoins as the price of bitcoins has been increasing steadily over the past few days and has made the market more active.
As far as I know until now, the price of Altcoin or crypto other than Bitcoin is always influenced by the price of Bitcoin. If the price of Bitcoin falls, then the price of another crypto or Altcoin will decrease as well. If the Bitcoin price rises, then Altcoin or other crypto price will increase as well. There is also a phenomenon where when the price of Bitcoin increases dramatically, a strange crypto of its price starts to soar and makes everyone confused and shocked. Bitcoin is the originator of crypto world. So basically the price of Bitcoin is very decisive and has an important role in the development of other crypto prices. I think Bitcoin will survive, but if not, there will be a replacement and definitely better.
BobBct

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:02:51 AM

I think yes because BTC is not connected to any coin but of course it will affect the market dramatically but alts will recover from that and keep going on the journey but i think BTC will not disappear because no one owns it and it must be all of the exchange owner wallets or who ever uses BTC must have a meeting what to do.
snedyolo

Activity: 226
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:03:54 AM

The scenario here is, once bitcoin is gone, people will tend to find another coin that will serve as bitcoin for them. People would not like if they'll lose something as handy as bitcoin, in terms of wanting a financial supply, they got used to earning from it that's why they will keep on looking for ways.

cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:19:24 AM

As of now, Bitcoin is the only cryptocurrency where we can convert and withdraw it to fiat currency. If there's no Bitcoin, probably others would remain like Ethereum, Ripple, NEM, Litecoin, Cardano and others because they have their own ecosystem.

However, if any of these altcoins can be converted straight to fiat currency, I would honestly think there's no need for us to rely on Bitcoin anymore. Just sayin' though. I think Litecoin will be having their own debit card known as LitePay, hopefully we can withdraw LTC in any ATM branches worldwide.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:24:18 AM

Bitcoin is like the main center of attraction and usually you will have to convert most cryptocurrencies anyway to bitcoin first to be able to convert to fiat, so that is one reason why the concentration is more on bitcoin.

Bitcoin is indeed the main center of everything in today's world, but the one thing we've learned throughout the years about this market, is how quickly it adapts to various developments in the crypto scene. Aside from the fact that most altcoins nowadays have their own fiat pair, which partly takes away the need to use Bitcoin, there are exchanges having other coins functioning as base pair (ie, eth/ltc eth/dash). Litecoin for years has been considered the Silver where Bitcoin is Gold, which will likely result it in being a great backup currency. But with how Ethereum has been surpassing Litecoin in all aspects, they will have to battle for that Silver spot. Great thing is that Bitcoin won't be going anywhere, so it's easy stuff to speculate about since no one will ever be right or wrong.
sserge009

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:06:45 PM

Perhaps some crypto currency will survive if bitcoin comes to an end. in many respects it will depend on the reasons for which it will come. However, the technology itself will develop one way or another

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███