Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:40:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin is gone will the other coin survive?  (Read 1707 times)
yacare

Activity: 1260
Merit: 500

In CryptoEnergy we trust

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:06:40 AM

It is difficult to present it that will be so, I think that for this time it is impossible. But if to present what will be so, then other coins will remain - cryptocurrency doesnt disappear. There are many excellent coins of ETH, NEO, XEM, ADA, EOS

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vaculin

Activity: 2898
Merit: 612

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:21:55 AM

It is difficult to present it that will be so, I think that for this time it is impossible. But if to present what will be so, then other coins will remain - cryptocurrency doesnt disappear. There are many excellent coins of ETH, NEO, XEM, ADA, EOS
Bitcoin is the best coin right now as we can see on it's value and the marketcap but it will not be alone to succeed.
Altcoins has a great potential as well, they aid the weakness of bitcoin and that is why some people who are not satisfied with the bitcoin technology
has the option to use the altcoins that they like.
Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:24:41 AM

I think not. We can all see that bitcoin falls hard and also the altcoins and one of the reason why I think altcoins can't survive because people coverts their altcoin to bitcoin so they can withdraw their money.
Just like mine.It would be hard already for some other coins to survive without the existence of bitcoin.Bitcoin is the most trusted coin in the market and if some reason it will suddenly die,there are still some good altcoins who will survive but maybe they will just live shortly in the market.
It depends as to what caused Bitcoin to fall, if Bitcoin fall because all cryptocurrencies are banned then all altcoins will go down as well. But if only Bitcoin is prohibited then other cryptocurrencies will thrive in the market, as people who previously owns Bitcoin will most likely find another cryptocurrency available in the market.. But if Bitcoin has fallen it will most likely take time before the cryptocurrency market recovers and it could mean a buying opportunity for us people.
I think if bitcoin will gone all crypto coin may paralize or also fall into zero value because the get way of the cryptocoin to be converted into fiat is the bitcoin and of bitcoin failed no othercoin will be put on its side as a substitution that is why I believe that if bitcoin will loss all its branches may also loss.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:54:19 AM

Bitcoin is the best coin right now as we can see on it's value and the marketcap but it will not be alone to succeed.
Altcoins has a great potential as well, they aid the weakness of bitcoin and that is why some people who are not satisfied with the bitcoin technology
has the option to use the altcoins that they like.
as we speaks for today yeah your right,bitcoin cant be replaced and will live still.but we dont know in the future since lots of coins has great platform and offering servie as much as bitcoin can give..but for now lets just enjoy what were having.and will face tomorrow when the time comes.as what my motto is,ill cross the bridge when i get there
phucngungoc

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:50:13 PM

I think all cryptocurrencies that has the potential to grow are designed to survive or withstand any challenges that may come along their way. If the coin are well developed by a good team and attracts a lot of investors and holders, it will surely survive even bitcoin is gone, and you need to take it for granted.Many established altcoins can function independently from bitcoin and can make their price continue to rise up even bitcoin is down
Icch

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:13:44 PM

YES THEY WILL Wink
Because behind all this cryptocurrency is technology: the Blockchain.
And BTC made good advertisment for this tech, so the public is now aware and wont dump it.
But not like other cryptos, BTC is just blockchain, nothing more and if we are realistic BTC is at the moment the oldest, most expensive and got the fewest real world value.
Also a friend of mine made a bachelor-thesis about cryptocurrency and found out at university: there is no correlation between cryptos.
Cyptocurrencies/Blockchain is a young market, its evolving, growing and propertly will survive.
gaurav@zup

Activity: 38
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:02:42 PM

If bitcoin is gone then the market will see a major crash which will wipe out entire crypto market but the cryptocurrencies which serve real purpose of decentralised system and is having real economical utility will survive and become google and apple of crypto market ( EOS , Ethereum and Rise can serve the purpose ).
clarkt

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:48:23 PM

I very much doubt it if Bitcoin goes under that other cryptocurrency will survive.  Bitcoin is the heartbeat of all cryptocurrency.  Every coin is traded against Bitcoin and whatever happens to bitcoin always affect other coin. Without Bitcoin forget the whole cryptocurrency.

Visualvery

Activity: 45

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:21:07 PM

For now, bitcoin still the motor for altcoins that still exists. But i can imagine, if bitcoin really goes away. Surely there will be a replacement position.
Haladay

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:29:41 PM

I very much doubt it if Bitcoin goes under that other cryptocurrency will survive.  Bitcoin is the heartbeat of all cryptocurrency.  Every coin is traded against Bitcoin and whatever happens to bitcoin always affect other coin. Without Bitcoin forget the whole cryptocurrency.

In such scenario, the survival of the others will be dependent on bitcoin and bitcoin won't be able to help them since the value of others are not directly linked to fiat usd money. This is my comment on it.
royale143

Activity: 294
Merit: 36

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:59:02 PM

Basing on the market today bitcoin is dumping hard and also the alt coins. I guess without bitcoin the other coins will be gone too. What do you think?

Although I can honestly say that it would be difficult, I think that the market could survive without Bitcoin. It is the pioneer, and it basically started the market we know today, but I think that in the event it falls on a level too low to be the market-leading asset, then I think that there are many other coins that could take its place like Eth. Also, since there are so many altcoins around, peoplwe would just divert their attention to other coins until such time that many would groe in value and fill the gap that Bitcoin left.

bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:25:15 PM

If bitcoin gone for sure other altcoins gone too who are base only to the bitcoin but not all.  Because for sure they have coin that can survive and for sure the price will increase high.
rejin29x

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:51:13 PM

I think other coin depend on bitcoin. Because when bitcoin price fall down then all the coin prices are also fall down and when bitcoin price grow up then other coin price grow up. So if bitcoin will gone then other coin must be threatened and chance to gone.
letecia012

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:09:39 PM

Basing on the market today bitcoin is dumping hard and also the alt coins. I guess without bitcoin the other coins will be gone too. What do you think?
If bitcoin  will gone same so with alt coins even some alt coins are independent and can be directly convert to fiat their existence may depend on bitcoin also considering it is the first and foundation of crypto currency. as you can see  if bitcoin are dumping it affects altcoins also.
decoder88

Activity: 346
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:30:14 PM

I think so, since bitcoin is consider to be the father of all cryptos, their value has greatly affected by current status of bitcoin in the market so if bitcoin will going to die chances that all other alts can drops and lose their value is possible to happen.
Bitcoin is the first ever cryptocurrency developed, so chances are if bitcoin will ever continue to drop it's price and ever lose it's value, then i guess all of the other coins developed will also lose their value, as it will depend on the value of bitcoin somehow. If bitcoin goes up, it also goes up. If bitcoin goes down, it also goes down.
ronbt

Activity: 55

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:32:57 PM

Of course. It is a wonder bitcoin is so popular with so many actually useful coins.
julzcoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:49:30 PM

Base of what we know, bitcoin was the first decentralized crypto currency and to think if it will gone, I  guess all altcoins will malfunctions because altcoins cannot convert direct into fiat without bitcoin, so if this will be happen then crypto world will totally gone. I hope thus can't be happen.
Manc89

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:10:37 AM

I guess so. The king of all digital currency is the Bitcoin, so if its gone probably the Altcoins will gone too. Bitcoin is the first ever crypto and the altcoins is based on its concept about blockchai and decentralized.

Its not that simple if bitcoin dies then the altcoin will be dead too. Each of them has different way how to survive depending their developer team.
For example bitcoin dies because the investor moves their money into etherium then etherium will survive but bitcoin dies.
wagi

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:49:14 AM

If people embraced the fact that cryptos are here to stay, even if bitcoin proved to hlbe a failure in the coming years, other coins will still survive. Different countries are already creating their own digital currencies based on the blockchain tech, so I guess it wouldn't be impossible for cryptocoins to stay even if bitcoin disappeared.

Bitcoin as of now, remains to be the only avenue for everyone to get their hands on crypto, but if exchanges allow USD/Crypto exchanges (which I doubt to be possible at the moment), there'd be a surge of users investing fiat to get crypto.

I think exchamge usd/crypto is trend now because it can make transaction easier than if no usd.
Investor or traders will choose that kind of exchange to do their trading activity rather than trading in exchange where is no usd conversen.
pandanaran

Activity: 1048
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:10:48 AM

I do not know for sure but it could be altcoin will also gone, from what I see interest or market demand altcoin it depends on bitcoin, we can see when bitcoin prices fall then in demand on altcoin also began to decline and cause a decrease in price, even though it is practically is a coincidence but that's what usually happens.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: