Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:38:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin is gone will the other coin survive?  (Read 1710 times)
spikyz

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:05:40 AM

yes and no. depends on what reason of the fall.

but i will go for most likely not. even with all the nation agreed to ban crypto. as long two person agree to transfer a crypto token and agree a value on it. it will be alive.
rose8963

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:41:55 AM

I do not imagine it as another way of thinking that without the existence of bitcoin, will crypto be formed and develop as it is today? But in my opinion, bitcoin has the importance and influence on the market and there is a certain dependency of other altcoins. I am sure that is what is seen to many people. ETH can overcome the bitcoin wall, which will be a long story in the future.
Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 05:43:23 AM

As you can see, bitcoin is at the centre or heart if you which of every other coin in crypto market! If bitcoin is gone that would mean cryptocurrency itself is gone. There may be something else that may be similar to cryptocurrency to will come on board, but it will not be named cryptocurrency.
yangxianzhi

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:13:34 AM

To see what causes Bitcoin to disappear, if it is simply due to improper operation, and thus replaced by other currencies, perhaps the market will continue.
goldade

Activity: 896
Merit: 104

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:52:52 AM

Basing on the market today bitcoin is dumping hard and also the alt coins. I guess without bitcoin the other coins will be gone too. What do you think?

We cannot certainly say that will happen to the other coins if bitcoin is gone.
Although, bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency and most other coins were built on its concept, it does not necessarily mean they need bitcoin to survive.
Ethereum is a very good example of the coins that will succeed bitcoin if bitcoin is gone.

Koro-Sensei

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 07:02:50 AM

Yeah they will as of for now there are certain altcoins that could possibly surpass the current price of main Crypto BITCOIN. Although if bitcoin become worthless it would be a struggle to us some folks that uses Bitcoin as a primary use in all of crypto and it would be a disaster.
Daniel9140

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 07:33:49 AM

Bitcoin is the grand father of all cryptocurrencies. If its doing well, altcoins would be doing well, if its gone, altcoins would also go because, sometimes, altcoins values are derived from bitcoins price (SATs).

Also, if bitcoin goes, the confidence in the market would diminish.
Budugbass

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 07:50:39 AM

If just looking on the price graph.. it looks like that, but of course there are other factors that also affect on it, including its popularity among many people and certain parties.
Also it may be because Bitcoin is the most recognizable among many people so far, its the first highlighted and all become affected by bitcoin price, most people doing efforts/earnings at bitcoin first and then see for the other coins.
zemb

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 09:44:41 AM

All cryptocurrencies that have the potential to grow are designed to survive. Cryptocurrencies should not be dependent on each other and must function independently.
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:12:41 AM

It's believable to assume that there's a tendency for altcoins to drop also as bitcoin drops; but saying that altcoins will disappear too as bitcoin gone, I don't think so. We all know that btc is the King of Crypto and it greatly influence the other coins but it doesn't mean that the existence of other coins depends on it because they have different platforms.

If btc collapsed, I guess alts will continue circulating and the strongest coin next to it will lead the market which is Eth (based on the present standings).
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:31:12 AM

In any situation bitcoin will not go away, even if something happens opposite to the expectation surely other coins will survive long as well continue its usage all around. Because, bitcoin has laid the base in a very strong manner which cannot be destructed that easy by any of the advancement.
ovcijisir

Activity: 1493
Merit: 333

🐪

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 10:34:53 AM

In any situation bitcoin will not go away, even if something happens opposite to the expectation surely other coins will survive long as well continue its usage all around. Because, bitcoin has laid the base in a very strong manner which cannot be destructed that easy by any of the advancement.

I belive that Ethereum would take the lead and be main cryptocurrency. Maybe Litecoin too, but it is not as popular as Ethereum.

nik009

Activity: 1541
Merit: 545

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:56:29 AM

I do not think that bitcoin will ever disappear, even if it happens, the rest of the crypto currency will lose credibility and will not be interesting, at least for me so
zmkriel

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:59:24 AM

I also believe that if happens that bitcoin will crash then definitely so as altcoins since the foundation of cryptos was started because of bitcoin as most big investors are the believers of bitcoin. How can anyone still trust in crypto if the mother itself cannot survive? Surely most investors will back out the withdraw all the remaining altcoins that they are investing in.
Kurokyy

Activity: 448

LETS GO ADAB

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:08:21 AM

Basing on the market today bitcoin is dumping hard and also the alt coins. I guess without bitcoin the other coins will be gone too. What do you think?

As i am seeing the crypto market trend now, i don't think there will be an altcoin to survive once the bitcoin die. Some altcoins are only depending on the value of the bitcoin. When the value of bitcoin goes up, other altcoins will follow and when the bitcoin value goes down also the value of altcoin are dumping.

Teagannr

Activity: 87

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:40:13 AM

Looking at alts reaction for BTC dump it would be no exaggeration to state that alternative coins have no chance to survive if bitcoin is gone.
mega

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:06:26 PM

Not Possible in near future. Bitcoin is known as the captain of the ship and ship can be sunk without captain,so without Bitcoin market can be sunk.If Bitcoin losses the money people will diversify anther coin according to priority.

Ethereum is second reliable strong coin after Bitcoin it is growing and have good market capture so time will decide either it too place as as market leader or not.

Got my account back! It was hacked. Sorry about it :|
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:09:33 PM

If bitcoin can not survive, what makes you think that other crypto currency will survive? Look at the charts and you will understand. When the market along with the price of bitcoin is going to a bad phase, other coins also starts to react the same way, but with much greater amplitude. Bitcoin fails to sustain - others will follow too.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
radjie

Activity: 1792
Merit: 264

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:31:04 AM

most likely if the bitcoin gets extinct, another type of altcoin will also feel the effect. basically altcoin will be valuable in the market if its value can be converted into bitcoin. as we know bitcoin is the type of digital currency that first appeared so that its existence can be the mother of all other types of crypto. if bitcoin becomes extinct because it has no value in the market, it is likely that altcoin will follow bitcoin extinction.
ashahin7799

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 01:53:27 PM

Bitcoin is the king of all the coins.This coin is now ruling the world.No currency can be compared with this.There is no currency in front of bitcoin.I think any currency will not rule the world while bitcoin is running.So, when I think bitcoin is gone, other coins will survive.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: