Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:52:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Another Coin Take the Crown?  (Read 4550 times)
Sendah

Activity: 143
Merit: 10

delicia - Decentralized Global Food Network

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:33:28 PM

no, Bitcoin is still the best compared to the others. for competitors what is done bitcoin is not easy, the process is very long. maybe for a few days getting to know bitcoin will say wow, but for who knows bitcoin from a price far from now, Bitcoin is fantastic.
Yes it's true bitcoin is still the best than to other crypto and the king of crypto currency, the huge price of bitcoin is not  easy to reach and it means it's hard to go beyond what bitcoin has achieved.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    delicia | delicia.io    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Global Food Network | World's Only Solution to Food Wastage | Join Whitelist Now, Get 30% Bonus
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Whitepaper | Telegram | Medium | Twitter | FB | ANN    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
swordling143

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:17:34 PM

Bitcoin is the oldest and most valuable cryptocurrency, but a crop of nimble competitors, including Ethereum and Bitcoin Cash, could lure investors away.

I think it has always been like this for bitcoin since then. Bitcoin's nature has always been volatile. Therefore, we must not doubt that bitcoin will be overthrown by other coins. It may take a lot of time for bitcoin to be overpowered. Also, the fact that bitcoin is getting more and more popular makes it more difficult for it to fall.
connexus

Activity: 774
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:28:29 PM

Bitcoin is the oldest and most valuable cryptocurrency, but a crop of nimble competitors, including Ethereum and Bitcoin Cash, could lure investors away.

There is a possibility it depends on the performance of the other coins in the crypto market. It might not happen as well for as long as investors invest in bitcoin its value will continue to grow and other coins would have a hard time to reach the value of Bitcoin. It is really hard to predict if an alternative coin can replace Bitcoin.
Lasvista

Activity: 396
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:50:42 PM

That is true but we all have different prediction regarding this , our bitcoin is old it's been 8 years since it is born , and many competitors such as the new tron , ripple and many more , and yes it could positively can change or take over the place of bitcoin , due to the high volatile or the price of different coins.
Niya

Activity: 811
Merit: 512

Enhalo Mining

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 04:09:52 PM

Do you mean for marketcap? In my opinion it's unlikely to happen, although not impossible. What's sure is that days of absolute BTC dominance are already gone...
astridplomp

Activity: 217

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:25:10 PM

bitcoin is too old now, there are many disadvantages that we can hardly accept it, so it will be replaced by another altcoins sooner or later, rightnow the most promising altcoin  is Bitcoin cash because it just like bitcoin but with more blocks and fast in transactions but still limit 21 millions coin, that is much more familar to bitcoin than any other altcoins.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
mabell943

Activity: 590
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:24:50 PM

No, and I won’t like that if it happens.
The company and management of bitcoin has a great performance in a long run therefore they cannot be easily defeated by someone else since they are more expert in this industry.
There will be no coin can take their crown in cryptocurreny.
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 05:26:53 PM

etherium is no competition for bitcoin

sorry these two coin not even in same level , etherium is clowns monies compare with bitcoin

etherieum never take crown from bitcoin
lol!  So good to have BTC cheerleaders.  Are you blonde?

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
Brito

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:59:20 PM

I'm pretty sure we'll soon see another leader in the market share of the crypto market. I dont know if this is going to be an Ethereum, but he has the best chance at least for now.

Jamesbob16

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:08:19 PM

I think It's not possible at this time. But it's not impossible too. Another coin can beat bitcoin but My think and hope that Bitcoin will remain be the King. The world never thought a crypto coin can be hit like this but Bitcoin proved them wrong.
Umkar

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:10:31 PM

Over time, it is quite possible that bitcoin can give way to another leader, a more successful crypto currency. I do not see anything unusual in this, especially in connection with the fact that bitcoin is not currently performing the full function of the payment facility due to its hanging transactions and high commission fees. These shortcomings have not been eliminated for a long time, and therefore it is quite possible that if this situation persists, then bitcoin risks very much the place of the leader of the crypto currency.
Stigmooo

Activity: 97
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 06:55:15 PM

include ripple.. has one of the most big supply.. eth so expensive. but it will take perhaps a decade to blot out bitcoin in cryptoworld.. as we all know btc is the most popular and most expensive coins in the world.. and take makes history.. that money have been gold backed by the country and here comes bitcoin slams it down... not just 1 time, not just 2 times..
weston4mills

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:59:30 PM

I like ethereum, it is a strong coin but it will never pass bitcoin. In my opinion bitcoin always remains the crypto king

Stockus Trading Platform— Join the future of Financial Markets
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 
  ◆ Twitter Facebook • • TelegramMedium  ◆
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:14:42 PM

It's hard to say another coin will be a dream for investors as long as the other coin still makes bitcoin as a reference to the determination and price movement of the coin. If the other coin can be detached from the effect of bitcoin movement then most likely to be the ideal coin for investors is very wide open. this possibility can still happen in the future as the technology continues to grow.
mitchel_am

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:25:41 PM

I would like to know if this is possible to ever happen. I don't see how this can happen right now. Bitcoin is strong and it's number one
Aryadwipanggah

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:26:41 PM

for now it may be another difficult terrace of his coin to take the crown of bitcoin, as bitcoin has become king in the crypto world, but nothing is impossible in the world of crypto it all depends on the coin developers how it can take the hearts of investors and also the trader to switch from bitcoin to his altcoin
drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:33:18 PM

It will be a long time coming before bitcoin could be taken over, if ever. But we can  have some good coins co-exist with it, no need for btc to be taken over for now.
ovcijisir

Activity: 1492
Merit: 326

🐪

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 07:35:31 PM

Will another coin beat bitcoin in terms of total market cap? Maybe, maybe not. Is it possible? Very possible. Though Ethereum is slowly but surely closing up on market cap(currently a 57.3 billion difference[1]), it still has a far far way to go; and I honestly don't see bitcoin being replaced soon. Probably in the future, but who knows? Too early to tell. And it might not even be ETH.

[1] https://coinmarketcap.com/

I think it is matter of time when Ethereum will be first in coin market cap. Unless Bitcoin developers do something about high transaction fee and long confirm times.

Akash1243

Activity: 392
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:44:12 PM

Well it is possible that another coin would overtake bitcoins but chances of it really happening is very low and the closest is etheruem who has the potential to overtake bitcoins but etheruem is not a coin, it is platform.I don't think so that any coins now has the demand or potential to beat bitcoins, in future there might be some coin but not now.
jhean_arcane

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:15:48 PM

I see a lot of speculations about it. However, imperfect as it is, bitcoin will still hold the crown unless a coin surpasses the popularity of bitcoin. In my country alone, the majority who is aware of Cryptocurrency just knows about bitcoin. They even use the word crypto and bitcoin interchangeably. If you mention about Etherium, which is the second most popular coin in the planet, they know little about it. Others will even assume it's a copycat.

Another thing, Bitcoin has the highest value in the market. Having even 1 bitcoin means you are already doing great.

Third, it's the most attacked coin by the media, thus, gaining a notorious reputation among the majority. Many people doesn't learn about other coins without knowing about bitcoin first.

█ ▌▐▐ KEPLER // BRINGING AI & ROBOTICS TO THE BLOCKCHAIN▐ ▌▐ █ (http://keplertek.org/#)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: