Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:08:12 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Another Coin Take the Crown?  (Read 4556 times)
recsoninlight

Activity: 167
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:49:27 AM

Bitcoin is the oldest, but it's the trusted coin we've ever had. If another coin will take the crown, it's probably too risky to invest.
Fakhri1907

Activity: 294
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 01:55:40 AM

I don't think other coin can take the crown. Bitcoin is like the mother of cryptocurrencies, and you can replace a mother easily
Decrypted

Activity: 209
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:59:22 AM

It all depends on whether developers implement the Lightning Network. If they fail, many people will definitely start selling BTC and this will be an opportunity, for example for ETH, to pick up the crown for the king.
jakezyrus

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:08:29 AM

Who knows? Bitcoin had ruled the crypto currency world for many past years. But recently the value started wto go down. On the other hand, crypto currency like ethereum or Bitcoin cash had grown higher. Though their value raised but they partially managed to gain trust of the people. To me, I think the crown may be changed. And also ethereum may come forward among all the other crypto currency.

bitcoin cash has now decreased drastically  and its hype was just temporary because of market manipulation by whales but i do believe that etherium can possibly take down bitcoin if bitcoin would still continue to drop. however based on the current stats of the market right now , i see that bitcoin is now recovering back to its normal and regular price and i guess the correction has now over therfor we can say that bitcoin is still the king.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:21:48 AM

Yes, the crypto currency is constantly evolving and if bitcoin stops in its development, then other coins will immediately bypass it. Then he risks losing his place as a leader of the crypto currency, and his popularity. This, in principle, is happening now because of the poor scalability of bitcoin. As soon as this shortcoming manifested itself, bitkoin slowly began to lose its popularity.
futuristic18

Activity: 59

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:30:56 AM

Bitcoin is the oldest and most valuable cryptocurrency, but a crop of nimble competitors, including Ethereum and Bitcoin Cash, could lure investors away.

Yes, there is a possibility that another coin take the Crown. Just it should have excellent technology and market grabbing... seems Ethereum is first runner in this race currently.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:37:44 AM

I hope that Bitcoin stays put as a store of currency but the way technology advances, we don't know what will happen in a few years from now. It will take a monster of a platform or token to take Bitcoin's place and also the level of trust in it has to be humongous in order for it to be taken seriously and adopted by the masses. Anyway we will see how things go and every six months we are going to see what new platforms of technology are shining the most, given their road maps and development timelines and successes.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
rappydoo

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:40:04 AM

well if bitcoins crazy speculation wont stop then bitcoin wont be use as a currency, it can be offered as one but a lot of people will be hesitant to have it as a payment method if their bitcoins value would go up and down like crazy in any moment, specially with all those taxes and cut from just buying and selling bitcoin.
michellee

Activity: 2814
Merit: 843

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:07:04 AM

Bitcoin is the oldest and most valuable cryptocurrency, but a crop of nimble competitors, including Ethereum and Bitcoin Cash, could lure investors away.

Yes, there is a possibility that another coin take the Crown. Just it should have excellent technology and market grabbing... seems Ethereum is first runner in this race currently.

although there is a possibility for another coin to take the crown, I think it still difficult for another coin to replace bitcoin position because people still believe and I see people have strongly believed in bitcoin and it cannot replace with easy. they believe that bitcoin can give the biggest profit for them although the other coin can do the same especially with bitcoin cash and ethereum but people still make bitcoin as the adjustment price for the other coins.

selline

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:52:25 PM

Maybe it seems to me is how in the face of any happening in the growth of the coins of the new coins that might have pontesi in the increase in value then this could make the Crown of life in the trading market but this It will also determine the methods of payment in the transaction so that the others will follow suit
AllNamesAreTaken

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 01:03:05 AM

Bitcoin will be overtaken by ethereum or some other coin. It's just a matter of time. Bitcoin doesnt offer any service, but it's got media attention. I think in few years ethereum will rival bitcoin, if not overtake it. But there is possibility of ethereum never leaving bitcoins shadow. We can only speculate and watch graphs.
AudreyAllison

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:56:50 PM

For another coin to take the crown, it will have to come up with a different technological offering. From what is on the ground, it will be difficult to coin a better offering.
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:02:22 PM

Bitcoin cash is competition?

Funny guy  Grin

Ethereum is not competition. It is mostly used for fees required for all these smart contracts. Without smart contracts ether price would be equal 10$, I don't see ethereum as currency while bitcoin is.
Iamdavid

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:25:23 PM

bitcoin is still the strongest so far even though some other crypto are surfacing gradually but they will still fall behind bitcoin
HimalaCryptoo

Activity: 180

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:26:42 PM

i dont think so.because bitcoin is the most valuable coin in the world
BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:35:17 PM

I'd like to think that there is no Coin that will surpass Bitcoin one of the reason is because Bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency, from dust to 11k USD, Over the past few years the Bitcoin supporters are increasing and new companies are integrating Bitcoin as one of their payment methods with those Bitcoin price will keep growing and other crypto will fall behind more. That is why i believe that no coin will be able to surpass Bitcoin as the #1 Crypto.
burnah0928

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:59:55 PM

As long as there will be people who will have the utmost support and if Bitcoin will be very vigilant and very strong towards its goals(not only for its own good but most specially for it's supporters) then no other coin can get the crown from Bitcoin.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 06:15:14 PM

See each and every coin out there has their its philosophy and it deals with the various kind of problems out there. For example, ethereum solves the trust issue on a global scale especially in the financial industry, whereas Vchain is something that is taking the same concept forward so we cannot say that it is a threat to ethereum. Similarly, there might be any coin taking the next step that is required but it won't be any threat for the initial coin in my opinion. Every coin has its own pros and cons.
pri3oner

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:16:37 PM

As for me, I ask myself about it almost everyday cos I daily see the pros and cons of BTC (which is king now) and think there's at least DASH which can replace BTC from its positions. Lets see.

███████████   ███   ████     Ever wish you could turn back time to when BTC was $1?     ████   ███   ███████████
B I T G E S E L L          Decentralized Cryptocurrency
██               ████████     •    Telegram    •    Twitter    •    Discord    •    Thread    •     ████████               ██
ZZ8ZZ

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:19:12 PM

No one can tell for sure, but I personally think that this is not going to happen in the near future. Many coins tried to take it and no one succeeded so far  Grin It's funny to me how these Bitcoin Cash guys believe that their coin can overtake Bitcoin lmao. This is never going to happen boyz and gals.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: