Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:10:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't look at btc every five minutes  (Read 2374 times)
ronafurw

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:36:38 AM

If you are an investor, then you do not need to control the market every 5 minutes. For an investor, one of the important skills is the ability to wait. And if you trade within a day, then the market must be constantly monitored. Otherwise, you can lose your money.
Patience! That is all that is important and most especially for long term investors. As long as you are not even a short term trader playing with the market swings, the last thing anyone should be worried about is the price.

This is the reason, a lot of long time holders usually give the advice of not investing what you cannot afford to lose, as that can help you prepare your mind and assist you from making any rash emotional decisions to jeopardize the long term benefit you are going to have.
If you will keep on looking at the graph of the market values of several different coins after every 5 minutes, then this will only add up more worries and that you will get panic at time when there will be no significant change in the market value by looking time and again. You will later on decide of swelling of your coins which is just like a self-disaster for you. You need to stay calm and do not look at the market value after every 5 minutes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Wandika

Activity: 508
Merit: 250

In CryptoEnergy we trust

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:53:37 AM

it can'not be prevented lol...we are in bitcoin because we have a goal that is why out of curiousity i have the habit of looking bitcoin value in which sometimes makes me sad when it is dropping but makes me feel excited when it rise again...mix emotion Smiley.
I remember doing this last Nov to Dec, before I cashout some of my BTC, for now, I will just let the market ride, will plan to hold my BTC till Nov to December again, I bought some last dip and I know soon it will pup real hard again.

blueteam09

Activity: 664
Merit: 100

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:56:27 AM

This is a mistake a lot of us make. If you track btc every minute you are more prone to panic selling. Btc has a lot of ups and downs, if you are in it long term the short price has little meaning
This is not a mistake if you always look at them. This is the anxiety of all traders. They worry that it will continue to go up or continue to go down, so they look at it every minute and anywhere.

Ferylero

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:35:39 AM

This is a mistake a lot of us make. If you track btc every minute you are more prone to panic selling. Btc has a lot of ups and downs, if you are in it long term the short price has little meaning

If you track BTC every minute you'll get an insomnia, but not a profit...
octopus

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:52:42 AM

yes, i completely agree with your point of view. Checking price every 5 minutes makes us confused. We have to spend time to other works such as bounty campaign or trading altcoins.

Mame

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:01:38 AM

Real investor do this.

Because looking for the bitcoin value time to time and you see its dumping it will be attempting to do panic selling which is not good for you and for the economy of bitcoin.

│▌▌│▌▌▌   ❏ IBIN ❏  │▌▌│▌▌▌   ❏ IBIN ❏    │▌▌│▌▌▌ 
International Blockshare Identification Number
██   Telegram   ██████████   IBIN   █████████   Medium   ██
Rashid555

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:45:34 AM

Too much curious about bitcoin is not a wise idea because the currencies have high up and downs in the world So if we worry too much abut bitcoin then it is the time consuming and misguiding behavior of us bitcoin for the present time and for the future also good and if we have to look in the long run then bitcoin is good for long term holding.

cavaBcoin

Activity: 181
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:31:53 AM

It is very good advice. Looking at the prices of your coins every 5 minutes without even plan what to do, when sell or buy is really wasting of time and can even damage mental health.
Yep,it really waste much time to keep an eye on bitcoin every  5 minutes. Most of us have the same weak point is getting concern with what we do, we always look at bitcoin currently, there are a few people who don’t give every 5 minutes for bitcoin. Although we all know that this is not a good habit, it take a bad impact  to our health, but almost can’t stop this habit. It’s maybe because they can’t stop being curious about its price. In anyways , you and me both should make good this bad habit to help our health be much better. Remember that when our health is good, you can do many thing, or else you can’t do anything.

BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:00:08 AM

Trying to be updated about the bitcoin price is not bad.But those who have bought Bitcoins as a long term investment need not have to worry about the price fluctuations in short time.
These tips may apply to users who often feel panicked when they see bitcoin price changes not in accordance with their expectations. if the user can not control himself when looking at the price of bitcoin drop of these tips are very applicable, because by continuing to see the market will only make itself into chaos and maybe they will do cutlose. to avoid it better do not always check the market every day
rajkr

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:27:16 AM

whenever we check it  at regular interval then we have higher chance for trading . If it is going down we do panic sell and afterward repent . So better check its price once or twice a day and let the things be happen in own style .
Bdstar

Activity: 728
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:30:50 AM

Well said, I completely agree with you on this issue, I believe that Bitcoin should be kept for a long time so that Don't be afraid of the price of Bitcoin. It's true that Bitcoin price will increase or decrease but you have to pick out your best option when you need badly money.
So that short terms investment will not bring to you any benefit. that's why I request all of you to follow your advice not to look after within a short interval.
Copulative

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 05:49:57 AM

Taking a gander at the market estimations of the coins which you are holding after at regular intervals or so won't bring about increment in the market estimation of that coin and can't help you in profiting as well. It is better not to consider this thing that much important and make an effort not to get freeze by doing such sort of things. Simply remain quiet and cool and do whatever it takes not to settle on any silly choice which can bring about loss of cash.
Alexbenua97

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 04:22:46 PM

Yes. When I check every few minutes I make panic sale. Better check 1 times per day. But this is difficult. Cool

speedy1987

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 06:36:27 PM

No need to check Bitcoin price every five minutes, Which make you tensed and you will be confused mode, Better way is use portfolio application.First fix the profit target with yourself, then set that price in that application, it will show the notification once reach that price. So until its grows up i ll quite and keep calm.
cr_liev

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:14:28 PM

This is just crazy. Everything will raise in the end, but the question is if you will be there. If these swings will get you out or you will be stable enough to survive (phsychologically, in the first line). No need to make this even harder by checking the prices. If you cannot control yourself, buy more coins. You will just not have much time to check them all  Grin
cicciobtc
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:22:31 PM

I can understand, to update the value every 5 minutes if you trade but if you only need to hold, look at the value 2 or 3 times a day may be enough other items becomes an obsession!

.FORTUNE.JACK.
      ▄▄███████▄▄
   ▄████▀▀ ▄ ██████▄
  ████ ▄▄███ ████████
 █████▌▐███▌ ▀▄ ▀█████
███████▄██▀▀▀▀▄████████
█████▀▄▄▄▄█████████████
████▄▄▄▄ █████████████
 ██████▌ ███▀████████
  ███████▄▀▄████████
   ▀█████▀▀███████▀
      ▀▀██████▀▀

█
...FortuneJack.com                                             
...THE BIGGEST BITCOIN GAMBLING SITE
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄██
█████████▀███████████▄
██████████▀   ▀██████████
█████████▀       ▀█████████
████████           ████████
████████▄   ▄ ▄   ▄████████
██████████▀   ▀██████████
 ▀██
█████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
#JACKMATE
WIN 1 BTC
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀░░▀░░░░░▀░░▀███████
██████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐██████
██████░░░░██░░░██░░░░██████
█████▌░░░░▀▀░░░▀▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄░░▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄░░▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

▀█████████████████████████▀
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:56:00 PM

Your opinion is good.  Because if the people see that the bitcoin price decreased like today more panic will happen because they are not patient to wait the price to increase.  I suggest you can check the price of the bitcoin every few hours or once a day to make sure unless you hold your bitcoin and you will not sell it even you see ghe price decreasing.  Just be patient to earn more profit.
FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:58:16 PM

I agree with your point. In the times like today it often creates tension in me that is why I decide to wait for a longer time and will not look at the price of bitcoin every minute. I will enjoy my life and will wait for the good time. I know that the SEC and other state organizations are taking interest in bitcoin by bring some new regulations and this will make bitcoin a more better for the coming future and in the future we will see the price of bitcoin at a more higher level.
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:45:59 PM

I can understand, to update the value every 5 minutes if you trade but if you only need to hold, look at the value 2 or 3 times a day may be enough other items becomes an obsession!

This is my situation before. In a span of minutes I am checking my blockfolio for bitcoin prices. With every fluctuations. emotions is high which is not good. If you are always checking the price and you have a weak hands, you  will lose more. Any changes in bitcoin prices you'll sell epecially when it dump. Chasing trades is also a big no for me now.

Open for Campaigns
strongwarrior238

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:49:54 PM

You can see that bitcoin prices are dropping sharply in the past few days, bitcoin prices are down from $ 11,800 and are now closing at $ 9100 and still falling sharply in the coming days. I think bitcoin prices will continue to fall sharply in the last few days and may continue to fall further today. Therefore, we have to monitor the price of the BTC minutes and many different time frames to have the most comprehensive and accurate view.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: