Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:24:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't look at btc every five minutes  (Read 2374 times)
Socioman

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 06:17:37 AM

When I just bought bitcoin, I did just that. I looked at the chart every couple of minutes and this caused the menu to stir up the emotions. But over time, I became more impartial. Now I calmly look at the chart and do it only during work. Maybe all the newcomers go through this Smiley

The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Seaze007

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:33:05 AM

This is a mistake a lot of us make. If you track btc every minute you are more prone to panic selling. Btc has a lot of ups and downs, if you are in it long term the short price has little meaning
Yes dont always look every five minutes in bitcoin,  youre going to stress youre self.  Just relax, and wait for the right price and then you can buy again.  Dont stress youre self. 
DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:37:32 AM

Checking every five minutes will not pump the price,you must understand that BTC will always pump,no need to panic,buy hodl and relax for some month,sure BTC will always pump
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:54:33 AM

This is a mistake a lot of us make. If you track btc every minute you are more prone to panic selling. Btc has a lot of ups and downs, if you are in it long term the short price has little meaning

I don’t intend to sell anything until at least 2021 but I do check the price constantly. It’s a bad habit that I can’t shake. I’m not going to sell a single satoshi until after the next halving though, I think that’s when we finally will moon.
Just remember that after the halving the price does not go up immediately it takes a few months for the market to feel the flow of the coins coming from the miners to go down before the prices go up, unlike you I do not have a specific date to sell but I have a price in mind and when bitcoin reaches that price I will sell a good portion of my small holdings since I have yet to do anything with them and I feel like it is about time I begin to benefit from my holdings.
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:11:24 AM

I think that is good if anyone want to keep itself updated from the price of bitcoin because if they are doing quickly selling and buying then every minute is important for him because price of bitcoin is change after short duration so in 5 minutes price can be up and down so effectively. So keep updated from price is the main job for that type of traders.
yeah I think it's okay to look at the market any time if he does daytrading even they are required standby to see the screen of their computer at any time, maybe "not see the market every five minutes" apply to users who use bitcoin as a long-term investment, sometimes they panic when they see the market does not go up? then this title will fit to them,
AimHigh

Activity: 554

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:18:36 AM

Yes exactly that monitoring every minute it causes of panic selling and prone to sell their bitcoin so like me i didnt looking the value and storing my bitcoin for long term. Some of them are new in cryptocurrency and didn't understand the real meaning of taking a risk in cryptocurrency so that is the one reason why they are selling their coin. Sometimes it rise up and falling down so they are afraid to lose their coin so that they sell when they see the value goes down but they are wrong if goes down it have possible to rise up again.
sohel436290

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:37:27 PM

Oh really it's the best topic of the week for me I appreciate you. from today I will check maximum 2 or 3 times in a day. really this topic changed my think
also should apply this theory to the new member of cryptocurrency investor.
kiddeon123

Activity: 291
Merit: 101

https://icoenergy.org/

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:43:35 PM

yes this is a big mistake if you invest in bitcoin then you will look at it every minute. You will be tempted to sell your bitcoin when price goes up and you will loose the opportunity to earn more. If bitcoin price goes down, you will be tempted to sell to cut the losses , I suggest you look at it every year when you invest.

denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:56:12 PM

Yes dont always look every five minutes in bitcoin,  youre going to stress youre self.  Just relax, and wait for the right price and then you can buy again.  Dont stress youre self. 

Even if you guys tell people not to look on bitcoin's price every time a lot of people will still do it and no one can stop them because they are too addicted on checking the price every time. A lot of people especially the newbie investors are always looking for the price and hoping that it will pump in a very short time to sell their investment and get the profit, this kind of mindset are the mindsets of panic sellers and this people easily get affected by FUD. When I was new in crypto currency this is what I do, looking at the price every time and it's really stressful when you see your investments going down and you'll start to have some minor headache. Grin

The best thing to do is to chill and relax because everything is fine, forget about your investment for a couple of months or even years if you can, then you'll be shocked of the results and profit that you'll get. But don't take it too seriously this is only my point of view.  Cool
zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:04:50 PM

you can not blame those who do that because some of them are active traders who have to monitor the movement as often as possible in order to make a profit with the slightest movement. It was just said to be wrong if those who do it are people who invest for the long term.  Because they should not continue to monitor the daily price movements that will only be able to cause harm because of a panic when looking at the price drop.
Cofuchu

Activity: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:10:07 PM

If you keep bitcoin for the long run, then it's pointless to watch it every minute. Because you could get an idea to sell it, or you could make another mistake.
MarkusIsaiah

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:14:28 PM

If they are active and have a lot to do in bitcoin they usually track bitcoin price every minute, we cannot blame them. No one can stop that people because if they don't track every minute they can miss their chance if the price goes up.
whoisyourking

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:49:06 PM

This is true lots of bitcoin holder are making a wrong decisions because of their bad feelings and wrong prediction this is happen every time they check the value of bitcoin once in a while this also happens if they are bearing from their emotions. But as a trader this is normal to check the price of bitcoin every time you starting a trade specially when you relying on bitcoin value.
Corosian

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:55:14 PM

So how often should we check out the price then?  Smiley
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:07:07 PM

If they are active and have a lot to do in bitcoin they usually track bitcoin price every minute, we cannot blame them. No one can stop that people because if they don't track every minute they can miss their chance if the price goes up.
I personally experienced that checking bitcoin price from time to time especially if i'm always active online.Yes it's really true it will only get you into frustration monitoring the price that is making a continuous drop down.To the extent of thinking about panic selling.But on the contrary,checking the price always and witnessing its speeding price increase,it will really make you always feel better and excited as time goes by.

jona

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:23:02 PM

For sure and this also apply to other cryptocurrency when you keep looking and watching at a market all the time you will just die cause of panic but one thing we have to know is that bitcoin could be up into two days or more but will definitely raise,understand that it is volatile currency.
coinsontheroad

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:24:46 PM

I check it several times a day. Sometimes I find myself checking it more often, but I'm usually able to pull back and relax. I think limiting checking is a very good thing.

baby222

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:28:09 PM

My brother in law does exactly like this and I always keep telling him to stop looking at his wallet. I suggested him to delete his wallet app for at least one month. It's very hard to convince him
Olalomi

Activity: 490
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:33:24 PM

I am always obsessed when I looked at my bitcoin price chart and discovered that the price is falling but I think you have made a meaningful observation I will not border myself if checking it will be every now and then.
tanghere02

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:34:45 PM

Yes this is true and most commonly a habit of newbies as well. I check my bitcoin at least 5 times a day and check how much it had rise or fall from the moment I wake up until the last minute I go to bed, just to make an assurance or at least an idea of how much bitcoin will be the next day I wake up. Anyways, those newbies would grow tired of checking them every 3-5 minutes when months will pass.

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
  O HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
  O   O [SUCCESS   
RAISE
US$18mil+]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: