Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:50:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit "trading" - buying and selling Bitcointalk merit  (Read 36221 times)
Branko

Activity: 2478
Merit: 318

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:44:43 PM

Merit trading is definitely an unacceptable practice. Given how hard it is to get any merit I think that the cut off point for where you need merit points should be at member not a junior member.

A lot of people are stuck at junior member as it is now. Obviously they would be stuck at member in stead, but that seems fair to me.

maybe that seems fair to you, but I bet members would find it unfair, and ask for cut off at full member
Its just right to have that kind of cut-off so the forum wont really be flooded by new members just to sign up and join up bounty campaigns or abusing giveaways and other related stuff. Actually I do see your merit history and seems like you do have lots of friends passing up merit for sometime its quite shady.

Really? I suggest you investigate it thoroughly, maybe you learn something in the process

I specially suggest mining altcoins subforum, I helped quite a lot people there
ainaya1994

Activity: 159
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:00:58 AM

merit trade is not worth it, because merit it is a tribute to people who make a good thread, if there is merit trade then no objective again about the rewards for the people who make a good thread ...
dirisu2018

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 03:10:19 PM

Its a good thing trading of merit has been banned. It totally defeat the aim of what this platform stands for.
RandyGamage

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 06:37:23 PM

Yes I agree with you. merit system surly helps to maintain the quality of this forum. Before every one could say anything but still he could up ranked, now you can't do it here. you have to make quality posts for it. so eventually forum becomes a quality place . So merit system is good. It shouldn't be removed.
Ginzink

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:40:04 AM

Yes I agree with you. merit system surly helps to maintain the quality of this forum. Before every one could say anything but still he could up ranked, now you can't do it here. you have to make quality posts for it. so eventually forum becomes a quality place . So merit system is good. It shouldn't be removed.

I really dont see any difference from before or after merit.
But at least it gives more trust to the higher ranks actually knowing what they are talking about over time.
When i see a post from a high rank member i still check his merit though, alot of them have not received any (or little) merit and are just holding the rank because they got in early.
snewkadel

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 07:47:37 PM

But the thing is - lost of people barely even read others posts, or even if they do they don't feel like meriting someone due to rivalry. But I like the conception and I hope that it will go off well.

frostmourne0311

Activity: 92

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 05:40:01 PM

I have heard about merit trading before, and somehow anybody has been banned because of it. I think merit trading is not a good idea, just try to improve your post and everyone will give it for you.
Branko

Activity: 2478
Merit: 318

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 06:41:30 PM

I have heard about merit trading before, and somehow anybody has been banned because of it. I think merit trading is not a good idea, just try to improve your post and everyone will give it for you.

I agree with you, you should definitely try harder and improve your posts, and merits will inevitably start to come to you.
Its bad to stay at zero, you should get at list 10 to get next rank, and also people will start reading your posts
more seriously
ViciousWarlock29

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 06:54:26 PM

I hope that sales of merits are very rare. But their sale is not surprising, now we sell everything, even upvotes for reddit can be bought on upvotes.io
peter0425

Activity: 2660
Merit: 447

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 07:01:46 PM

Its not a good idea to merit trade, but the sad part is that is not moderate, so merit farmer can still get away without getting ban or red tag. Just look at this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2896910.0. There's blatant merit abused, farming but I don't know if they are punished or what. Again, in my case, when my account was hacked and in total control of the hackers, he abuses my merit by sending it to someone. But the sad part, eventhough that account is red tag already, he is still earning through bounties.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
valtum

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 07:49:27 PM

I hope that sales of merits are very rare. But their sale is not surprising, now we sell everything, even upvotes for reddit can be bought on upvotes.io
Now everything is for sale. Reddit, telegram is only a small part of what is sold. Soon they will learn how to sell merits without fear.
Pablobiz

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:11:44 AM

These days, people want to make money off everything. Just as you said giving merits and earning merits are good. It helps build confidence in the Merit receiver and promotes trust among users. Merits are supposed to be earned for quality posts, but on this platform you see many quality posts without merits. A lot of discussions on here are so valuable, priceless and applicable if the readers put them to use. But a situation where merits are not giving to those who deserve them, on the mere excuse that there are a lot of spam discussions or probably because the merit givers don't know you personally. All these makes it more bias and Trading of Merits for money is in no way making it better.
Pablobiz

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:21:01 AM

Very interesting to see the reactions to the newly introduced concept of merit as an additional indicator of account maturity and quality beyond just pure number of posts / activity. While this was introduced to increase post quality it has of course created a counter movement and a market place for "trading" merit - for money.
So this is just a reminder for everyone that the introduction of merit is a GOOD thing because it will help improve the quality of this forum for everybody.

"Trading" merit will undermine this and render it eventually useless.

Keep contributing!

If for any reason, Merit givers start trading "Merits", then the main purpose of the Merit system will fail. People will start dropping unnecessary posts just because there is money to buy the merit. The essence/idea of quality and matured posts will vainsh with time. People drop reasonable discussions on this platform and this helps solve major Cryptocurrency issues and other related financial issues, by the time people needs to pay for to earn merits, that means this platform might loose its genunity and Realness overtime. Let Merit givers take out time to read discussions and award merits to those who deserve them, that is why they are merit givers, they should not be tired of doing so. Merits giver should not be mentally lazy of reading discussions, then try to diversify into selling of merits for posts. For me it is not Just.
Oasisman

Activity: 2618
Merit: 550

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 10:31:21 AM

Soon they will learn how to sell merits without fear.

Soon? Those people are already selling merits 2 days after it was implemented.
Without fear? Well, if someone is selling merit, they're considered fearless. Because  they are not afraid of the consequences once caught. It is actually still rampant in the community today and the staffs and mods are still active in catching these parasites.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
juragane

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:37:46 AM

in my opinion it's not good and not approved by some people who already have a high rank here, if you want to get merit then all you have to do is make a good and correct and constructive post and if possible that is useful.

UnusualMouse

Activity: 99

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 07:34:37 PM

Now everything is for sale. Reddit, telegram is only a small part of what is sold. Soon they will learn how to sell merits without fear.
It is a pity, but you are right. Although if look from point of the economy, it is normal to sell votes or merits. If such method of increasing traffic is needed then why should not people make money? Probably someone will make service like upvotes.io for selling merits.
Lanatsa

Activity: 2842
Merit: 654

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:18:15 PM

Without fear? Well, if someone is selling merit, they're considered fearless. Because  they are not afraid of the consequences once caught. It is actually still rampant in the community today and the staffs and mods are still active in catching these parasites.
Maybe he didn't able to saw into those people who trade or sell merits after the sudden change of the system. Yes, after that there are people who do already sell out merits because they do saw this is the main requirement for a certain account user to rank up and now its being abused but same as you said almost everyday you would able to spot out on meta section about selling merit or abuse complaints.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
frostmourne0311

Activity: 92

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 12:27:59 AM

I agree with you, you should definitely try harder and improve your posts, and merits will inevitably start to come to you.
Its bad to stay at zero, you should get at list 10 to get next rank, and also people will start reading your posts
more seriously

Of course I want to get merit, but my knowledge about cryptocurrencies is limited, so I have no choice but keep going.
Oasisman

Activity: 2618
Merit: 550

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 01:40:48 AM

Maybe he didn't able to saw into those people who trade or sell merits after the sudden change of the system. Yes, after that there are people who do already sell out merits because they do saw this is the main requirement for a certain account user to rank up and now its being abused but same as you said almost everyday you would able to spot out on meta section about selling merit or abuse complaints.

This wont be easily stopped since most of the merit abusers came from different local boards and its kinda difficult to spot an abuser specially when youre not familiar with the language. I know there were some people from different local boards who helps to catch every one of them. I'm also doing it, as long as I catch someone trading merits or selling, with the proper evidence, I would gladly present it in meta section.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
yudo

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 02:35:40 AM

maybe there is right way where can get merit you just learn and put out.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: