Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:20:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit "trading" - buying and selling Bitcointalk merit  (Read 36235 times)
minhkhoa

Activity: 325
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 05:29:49 AM

I find that most low level accounts do not have merit indexes if you do not buy or sell them, no one will do charity for you. However, in my opinion, one of the many will give the merit index if your post is of excellent quality.
CryptoXis

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 06:16:12 AM

Very interesting to see the reactions to the newly introduced concept of merit as an additional indicator of account maturity and quality beyond just pure number of posts / activity. While this was introduced to increase post quality it has of course created a counter movement and a market place for "trading" merit - for money.
So this is just a reminder for everyone that the introduction of merit is a GOOD thing because it will help improve the quality of this forum for everybody.

"Trading" merit will undermine this and render it eventually useless.

Keep contributing!

I agree that merit is a good thing, due to reduction of low quality posts. And trading isn't an issue, because everything is checked and controlled by forum moderators (hopefully) and they'll cut off such actions. But there are some other problems: people give merits quite seldom, if we compare to "likes" on fb, and it would be great if people truly gave merits for what they like. But the thing is - lost of people barely even read others posts, or even if they do they don't feel like meriting someone due to rivalry. But I like the conception and I hope that it will go off well.

I strongly agree with that. I like the conception of merit to render quality posts and avoid spammy ones. But thing is others were afraid to send merits esp for beginners like me. I hope everyone reflects and make this forum a harmonious place.
susuberuang

Activity: 926

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 11:02:16 AM

should merit not be used for trading, merit should be purely given to people who have good competence and have good quality comments.
passeroutpass

Activity: 438

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 12:35:51 PM

The introduced system of merit is very useful. Now most users try to write expanded and meaningful messages.
DeepestOnion

Activity: 62

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 10:54:08 AM

But what if we all start on 0 merit? Even if you are a senior, hero or legendary account. Let see who will reign and go on top? The high rank is already got advantage from lower bracket like us. Some high ranked is useless too when in comes of quality and constructive post.

What about dmerit ( delete merit ) lol ? Just adding some options.

These sort of options have been already discussed and the conclusion is that they make no sense. The merit system as it is has a lot of problems, but without it the problems for the forum would be even bigger, and random changes to the system would also only make things worse. Not an easy problem to deal with.
yesyoupump

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2018, 01:30:21 PM

I'm interested to buy but I don't know if this activity is legit or not in this forum.
Anyone can help me or contact me with DM?

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      BRIDGEX NETWORK      │      LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Medium     Facebook     LinkedIn       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
hotcairan

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 01:42:52 AM

selling and buying merit I think it's a cheat action.
because at the core of our knowledge level is really well established and our posts are more qualified and can be understood by moderators.
yeah i agree your opinion, so sad if i can buy a merit. like a play game... Sad Sad Sad
Blueshark696

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 03:56:00 AM

Merit system a good concept to increase post quality and reducing spam.Proper use of merit will bring good result but trading merit will make useless the merit system.
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 04:36:45 AM

Merit system a good concept to increase post quality and reducing spam.Proper use of merit will bring good result but trading merit will make useless the merit system.
For those (spammers) in this forum will justify any means to get merit so that their rank is fast to rise. So they will think that smerit is a system that will help this forum from negative things, when I was newbie I have a response that this forum is a source of information for people who want to find out about cryptocurrency in detail, this forum concept is very good because it gives every the user is to provide information that other people do not know the latest information about cryptocurrency one of them by way of discussion. I hope, for those who make merit as a place to trade will get the consequences.
Holla123

Activity: 504
Merit: 131

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 12:41:49 PM

Very interesting to see the reactions to the newly introduced concept of merit as an additional indicator of account maturity and quality beyond just pure number of posts / activity. While this was introduced to increase post quality it has of course created a counter movement and a market place for "trading" merit - for money.
So this is just a reminder for everyone that the introduction of merit is a GOOD thing because it will help improve the quality of this forum for everybody.

Keep contributing!

I do understand the idea behind the merit system. I think it is a good idea to try to protect the quality of posts. Still for new members it is very restrictive even if they are active and posting quality content. What gives a forum rank value? It is the possibility to participate in signature bounties. It has become easier to build a following on twitter then to get to the next rank in the forum. This has triggered a shift of activity from bitcointalk to facebook or twitter and is also showing in the % that campaigns distribute to the different forms of bounties. Twitter or even translations are getting more favored opposite to signatures recently.

For that reason I hope a way will be found, to make the whole system a little more balanced, especially for completely new users. I am also wondering. With my full member account I am somewhere in the middle of the park. I saw some articles where I would have liked to send some merit for but was not able to do so? My initial impression was, that you get some sendable merit on a regular basis. What is the mechanism behind that?
yesyoupump

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 06:16:15 AM

Trade own merit received should be denied and forbidden because Merit system awards users that give value to forum community.
Who gives merit like who receives has big responsability because of some expert admin can discover fraudolent activities and give negative trust.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      BRIDGEX NETWORK      │      LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Medium     Facebook     LinkedIn       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
hualy2

Activity: 92

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:07:27 AM

If every player in the bitcointalk forum can do the same thing, the bitcointalk forum will be better developed, but the truth is that in the face of the temptation of money, all the languages and comments seem to be powerless!
clairdelune

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 09:18:24 PM

What is MERIT?
- Merit is a point that is given to a quality or creative post here in bitcointalk, if you do not create a quality or creative post then you will not gain or no one will give you a merit. It is not easy to get a merit point cause you need to create a post that will help there person who create the topic or other readers that will say that your post is helpful.

What is the Purpose of the MERIT?
- The Purpose of the Merit is to avoid people writing same idea with the other, also to avoid people from spamming. There are a lot of people who are spamming the thread, and they just want to add up their post and to upgrade their rank.

Why did the administrator required the Merit?
- The administrator required the Merit because there are many people who are creating a multiple accounts, spamming and posting a reply that is out of the topic.

Buying and Selling Bitcoin Merit
- Buying and selling of bitcoin merit is unfair to the other members of the bitcoin because the merit should be given to the one who creates a quality and useful post to others. It should not be send to the people who do not post useful or quality. Many people are trying to create a useful and quality post so that they will earn the merit or someone will give them a merit.
andrejka

Activity: 770
Merit: 251

MOBU - FUTURE OF SECURITY TOKENS

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 06:00:22 AM

Merit is for sure a good system to avoid multiple accounts, spamming and so on. But! At the same time it is quite unfair especially for the new members of the forum because no one wants to give them Merit even if they make good qualitative posts. In my point of view this system must be reconsidered and improved for the common good!

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
M O B U  ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future   
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
btc_angela

Activity: 2646
Merit: 549

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 02:10:24 AM

Merit is for sure a good system to avoid multiple accounts, spamming and so on. But! At the same time it is quite unfair especially for the new members of the forum because no one wants to give them Merit even if they make good qualitative posts. In my point of view this system must be reconsidered and improved for the common good!

I disagree. Merit will always be given by others not just merit source if newbie will really take time and effort to make a decent post. You can go to Meta and see the stats that there are members really giving merits to a newbie. However, most of the newbies are just copy and paste their post from other source just to gain merit but that's easy to spot with. So I don't think that the merit system needs improvement because its really holding up and getting the job done.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Furious 7

Activity: 2898
Merit: 674

https://duelbits.com/

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 05:53:59 AM

I agree with you, merit is only owned by some people who have more experience. whereas post quality is not the basis of giving merit. although there are many challenges to making quality posts, but merit is a rare and frightening thing to give.
there are things that must be corrected in this system.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 06:26:57 AM

I agree with you, merit is only owned by some people who have more experience.
Experience? So how about you?--A hero member which...uh except if it's not yours from the first place.

How about those newbies who have been made after the merit implemented and now a full member or even Sr member already.

whereas post quality is not the basis of giving merit.
So, what are the basis? merit trading? spam posts? alts?

although there are many challenges to making quality posts
There are many challenges of making quality posts and it's too hard of creating quality posts if people are literally spamming, bots, trolls, giving statements/opinions out of the context.

there are things that must be corrected in this system.
Too many improvements happened after merit has been implemented, it will not be changed for the sake of spammers, instead, it will be added improvements until spammers and bots reach its extinction.
pragna

Activity: 1582
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 02:49:34 PM

I think merit system is very good thinking by admin of bitcointalk.org. By merit system anybody can know his posting quality when another person give merit for his quality post.

But if anybody misuse this merit and sell it by money its fully opposite of forum rules and regulation and i think it should be punishment for that.
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 11:02:25 AM

Keep contributing!

I don’t support people selling their merits to others. I think everyone should be allowed to work for theirs and prove themselves. And another reason why I’m saying this is because if people keep selling their merits, scammers in the forum might take advantage of that and start buying merits to deceive people into thinking they are legit. People should keep their merits when they get it and find something good to do with it.
btc_angela

Activity: 2646
Merit: 549

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 09:52:24 PM

I think merit system is very good thinking by admin of bitcointalk.org. By merit system anybody can know his posting quality when another person give merit for his quality post.

But if anybody misuse this merit and sell it by money its fully opposite of forum rules and regulation and i think it should be punishment for that.

There's already a punishment as tagging the account of merit abusers. It's not easy to spot it however, if its blatantly obviously at some point, DT members will not be hesitant to give that account a red paint. However, I'm not really sure about the red trust is effective though, because if you go around bounties, there are still campaigns accepting participants even though they have a red trust.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: