Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:54:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If the world uses a single currency  (Read 1834 times)
7Pro

Activity: 179
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:25:27 PM

If the world uses a single currency, will the economy be more stable?
This is a very interesting question. The sovereign nations issue their own currencies and are taken for granted by many people, but few consider whether this is the economically optimal option.

I think so. One currency can make our money stable.
In other case, using one strong currency with different country development maybe will be problem for some country which has low development.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
makolz26

Activity: 714
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:28:22 PM

This is a very interesting question. The sovereign nations issue their own currencies and are taken for granted by many people, but few consider whether this is the economically optimal option.

In other case, using one strong currency with different country development maybe will be problem for some country which has low development.
That is what I am thinking as well when I was in College why would this world just unite to have a single currency? So that it won't make any confusion at all, especially when travelling abroad. Well, as much as we want to for sure all countries would not agree with this kind of agreement as they want to print their respective local tender on their own.
sharted

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:32:06 PM

I don't think this will happen.Because every country as it's own policy.The currency is made to control the people.If currency is not their,people will live on his own. Even dollar is used in some countries.It's possible for bitcoin to become a world currency.

emezh10

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:42:29 PM

If we talk of global changes, There are so many factors to consider, like, economic system, stocks exchange, world market, economic situation, and etc. Unified currency will break all this factors and will bring a lot of changes to the current market system. It will take a lot time and evaluation, since the economic situation in each countries worldwide differs.
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 01:11:18 PM

Im sure that won't help lot to us. If that would have been the case then all the nations would have been at peace already and must have started using that already. However, this is just not possible because every nation has their own boundaries of work, rules and ethics. They have their own currency according to their own wealth capital and development status. If every country has to make one currency then they will all have to be at equal stage of development. Despite of this one they can not acquire one currency by any means! It cant optimise the economic conditions really because the whole thing works on the basis of unequal developments in the world. The whole trades, investments, between the two countries makes this happen.
Pleione527

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:27:11 PM

I think yes, the economic status of all countries might become equal as well as fair distribution of wealth. Since we will going to have only one currency, prices of all products will be the same and maybe. I am just worried about how government will react to this since having one currency will means that there would be one central banks controlling the currency and they might lose their power over the market.
colenax

Activity: 376
Merit: 100

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:48:57 PM

I think we know what the answer is. It is impossible. I think every country has different interests and laws. this will be a debate can even lead to new conflicts.

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:53:25 PM

It would be so impossible that this thing would happen.  Our currency represents our nation.  We can put there what are we who are we as a country.  That would only the thing that would distinguish us from different country.  If it would be helpful globally then go for it.  If not and it seems that people would not like the idea, let us have different currency.
daduremi

Activity: 252
Merit: 9

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:06:07 PM

it will never happen, because every country has a different vision and mission
imagining it alone is impossible, because in this world, there are some countries, which can not be invited, to discuss well
they want to live, without any interference from other countries
rog1121

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:51:49 AM

The reunification of the currency is certainly good, but this is hard to come by because it means that all countries on earth have an alliance or just one country left, just like the EU. The former approach is basically impossible because countries have different views Different habits, and then one, for the time being, every nation has such abilities.

Then, ask to European citizens what do they think about the EUR currency and how it has badly affected their purchase power. Or how the Europeans laws are killing the countries economy and why most European citizens now regret their own currency and would like to go back..
If anything a lot of the EU laws are pretty consumer friendly as compared to say US laws lol
buhuchain

Activity: 100
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:07:47 AM

I do not think the world can use a single currency in common. The development of each country is not the same. Using a single currency not only makes the country's economy poorly controlled but also puts pressure on poor countries unless the world is released on the basis of the national legal currency Universal currency, this is more reasonable.
cunese

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:51:57 AM

I don't think this is very good, each country should have their own currencies, since such economic integration between countries will be more good, so I don't agree with using only a single currency.
ajjhu

Activity: 106
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:06:49 AM

That is what I am thinking as well when I was in College why would this world just unite to have a single currency? So that it won't make any confusion at all, especially when travelling abroad. Well, as much as we want to for sure all countries would not agree with this kind of agreement as they want to print their respective local tender on their own.
For if a country uses the currencies of other countries, its economy will not be under their control, and in this case, it will be controlled by other countries in the form of money to control its own resources. For them, This is very bad.
mkettler

Activity: 66
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:00:32 AM

The world can not use single Currency,as every nation have different economic policy,that is relative to there natural resources and business activity.
This is pretty damn true and many governments have own reserves to back their currencies and shit
Aileen C.

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:05:35 AM

If the world uses a single currency, it will be bitcoin. I have this feeling
that BTC would reallY last longer than we expect it to be.
aoki231

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:08:37 AM

I think it will induce chaos. Having a single currency would be very difficult since countries have different cost pf living.
Jivotnex

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:09:57 AM

Why it should be only one ? Imagine if 1 Satoshi reaches 1 $, you will not be able to buy one bublegum and with limited suply it will not reach to everybody. Here comes a help the other currencies measured in Bitcoin.
vrap.pm

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:41:54 AM

I also see the use of a worldwide single currency is not gonna happen, and i also think that would not be benefical.
Despite blockchain could not be controlable todya for one identity, i do not know what is gonna happen in the future, and things can change.
Superior technology, AI, quantic computers, can turn the things as they are actually. One country or one entreprise controlling the coin will not be good. I think is best have several cryptocurrencies.
gua86402

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:48:14 AM

I'm considering at least two questions:

1. Which country is the world's unified currency?

2. Countries that have lost the right to print money will have greater probability of bankruptcy.

Because own country reduces seigniorage, also want to pay seigniorage!

Reference Greece, Italy and other eu countries.
isomoyes

Activity: 327

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:57:11 AM

If world uses a single currency then all of countries have no variation. There will be no extra cost and poor country will stable also there will be not war but it's impossible just Imagination.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: