Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:03:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Chinese New Year?  (Read 1344 times)
cryptogiirl

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:06:57 PM

I think that this is a point that needs some perspective.  Really, a crash?  I think that "dip" may be a more appropriate term to be using.  The same thing happened just before Christmas in December, but then the market bounced up.  I think that the long term vision is needed in terms of short term gains and losses, otherwise you risk getting caught up in emotional sell offs and major losses.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
darkr

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:47:13 PM

What are your thoughts on the whole Chinese New Year speculation?

A lot of people think there's gonna be another crash during that time. Did you buy during this initial crash or are you waiting for mid Februar.? I'm leaning towards the latter.

I am not 100% sure if the market fall and Chinese New Year has some connection, but alts always go down in the beginning of the winter. Anyhow, I suppose, after the period of stagnation and decreasing, the market will go up in late February.
Benarand

Activity: 773

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:58:35 PM

The January fall of the cryptocurrency is repeated, as people celebrate the Chinese New Year, exchanging their cryptosaving for the fiat currencies. It starts 4 or 6 weeks before the holiday, when most people start organizing their vacations and buy gifts. Vacations will begin on February 16, however people start spending money right now. Given that bitcoin is popular in China, these phenomena have a significant impact on market movement.
andor.gellenhidi

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:00:22 PM

With the Chinese New Year, of course, a lot of events are connected, many say that after the Chinese New Year there will be a rather strong growth of bitcoin. But on the other hand, people do not have exact certainty. therefore here probably it is necessary to expect simply small situations.
NLO

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:47:59 PM

This situation is repeated every year in the cryptocurrency market. A great time to  fill in your cryptocurrency wallet with new coins.

hoodi

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:55:31 PM

Perhaps it is the reason , many post were created here on this topic and as far as I understand Chinese New Year can influence market a lot whether you want it or not.

darth_cryptorider

Activity: 470
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:21:15 PM

There are a lot of bad news for crypto last time, I'm looking for long term perspective so I'm buying on  all this  dip small amount
alt-fire

Activity: 602
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 09:09:43 PM

China does not affect the market as much as this fall. many traders do not stop working even on holidays
zikabra

Activity: 574
Merit: 139

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:12:37 PM

A lot of people think there's gonna be another crash during that time. Did you buy during this initial crash or are you waiting for mid Februar.? I'm leaning towards the latter.
No there won't be any new crash. Chinese new year is near and they have already cashed out their coin. Do you see how fud is slowly stopping? It means it is time to buy. At least to go short on bitcoin but i think that is it. Things are getting better
*woke up next morning and saw crash  Roll Eyes
disam

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:15:28 PM

people just give to much significance to the chinese nye. This january market dip was very much expected to happen, as it is normal market cycle after a spike we witnessed before. Also there was so much other FUD that chinese NYE could not make bitcoin dip like that.
WNbahr

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:37:36 PM

I think during the Lunar New Year celebration it takes place a week before the celebration and a few weeks later I think it is still not stable and conducive, because chinese will take and melt their coins for every need in preparation to welcome their new year and personal needs until the Lunar New Year , I want to guess maybe during february this month there has been no recovery, hopefully in March to recover and rise.
titusha

Activity: 246
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 10:03:16 PM

I think there are too many excuses for the Chinese New Year! Can we say that the Olympics in Korea is to blame? I personally do not associate the fall of all crypto-currencies with such controversial events. I consider this to be a natural decline after a lot of growth and media outrage!
skymia

Activity: 140
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 10:03:44 PM

Chinese New Year begins a new lucky year for some people!

Crypto trading is risky, masternode mining is awesome, find a solid coin and HOLD!!!

I would definitely consider this coin, it has a niche market and had an amazing start!

Check out this new coin, already on exchange!  ROI looks very good!  Medical & Commercial Cryptocurrency with Masternode and Privacy!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2753447.0

Do your own research, study your own investments Smiley and luck will come to you Smiley

The stats are taking from https://masternodes.online/currencies/MEDIC/
MEDIC DAILY INCOME (02/01/2018)
$1,177.6975
0.13773984 BTC
5465.8667 MEDIC

Although BTC price is low today but MEDIC MNs still have very good return.

Discordapp.com/invite/fQcYvkh ❤ Do Good Things-Make Life Better ❤  Masternodes 650% ROI ❤ TeleMedicine ❤ Folding@Home ❤ MEDIC coin
JeBro

Activity: 714

Living is easy with eyes closed ...

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:34:58 AM

I think growth will begin before the Chinese New Year. This is due to the fact that the most cunning
investors will start buying crypto-coins in advance so that they already have assets when Chinese investors return to the market.

vendy86

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 06:45:48 AM

yeah chinese new year and Crypto are two part that can not be separated.
the biggest coin holder in asia was china.and then we still have japan and south korea.
3 of that country hold more than 20% BTC.imagine if all of them sell it,we will have big dump in short time.
but like before btc will be move up again when lunar new year end and market been active again in asia.

FiveReelsOne

Activity: 97

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:39:41 AM

I think the upcoming Chinese new year may a bit somehow affect the value of bitcoin since I think bitcoin holders of chinese community will encash some of its coin for the celebration of the event. But after the chinese new year I am optimistic enough to see BTC to soar high back up again where it was before.

Invest in a working business    ✔︎     ǀ      Follow us & check out the   whitepaper   
● ⚫ GIFcoin ⚫ ●      ǀ     Gambling Investment Fund     ǀ     80% of net profits are shared    ✔︎     ǀ                                                                          
                                                                                                    Profit share token                  ✔︎     ǀ      Website  -  Announcement  -  Twitter  -  Telegram
alkhie01

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:58:15 AM

The crash was done 2 weeks ago and continuing until now because most the chinese already pulled out their money.Now i think after Chinese new year it will come back to its normal or the price will be bullish again.
Aminmon

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:05:17 AM

Because the cryptocurrency market Chinese people's proportion is very big.
Therefore, the impact of Spring Festival on the whole cryptocurrency market is also very big. I think that after the Spring Festival, the whole cryptocurrency market will start to turn green slowly. Grin

qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 08:07:11 AM

I am Chinese but living in a Foreign Country and know that for a month there is pre preparations and then two weeks of celebrating the Annual Holidays with Family affects everything. Almost everything comes to a stand still in China at this time as it is the biggest holiday and most important time for the Chinese, like Xmas and New year is for Westerners. Naturally the Chinese Whales have taken a bg chunk of money out of the crypto markets, this including the wide crypto ban in China itself has had its effect.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
DiabolicAnt

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:10:33 AM

Yeah, that's the one of reasons why the market was falling in my opinion. Lots of people were cashing out their crypto, top time point to invest and get your x'es Smiley I guess that market will grow very fast in next 2 weeks.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: