Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 03:51:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: **US** BitFury Setup Guide  (Read 53177 times)
zurg

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 06:02:52 PM

One of the units dropped to half speed overnight. When I hit the stop mining button and then the start button it seems to be recovering although its ramping up really slowly. Any thoughts as to what that could be about?

Almost something similar to what I was experiencing with Slash's pool yesterday. Not sure what happened.
zurg

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 06:22:13 PM

One of the units dropped to half speed overnight. When I hit the stop mining button and then the start button it seems to be recovering although its ramping up really slowly. Any thoughts as to what that could be about?

Almost something similar to what I was experiencing with Slash's pool yesterday. Not sure what happened.

A complete power cycle and then a 6 minute wait for it to setting on a hashrate and all seems to be back to normal.

My was reporting nearly 40GH/s which is good, but Slash's pool was only getting 12Gh or so .. cant remember... I did post it here somewhere.
Since I wasn't on site, I loaded the page and stopped miner and clicked start... , seemed to work fine after that.

PS. I think Dave should send me another card or 2 to test and double check. Wink lol
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 08:57:02 PM

I've got a bad M-board from order 76.  The one from order 78 was OK, so I have both starter kit cards hashing on the one m-board that works.  Any idea when you might be shipping out the version 2 m-boards?  If it's going to be in the near future, I can just wait for the replacement.
cet

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 09:02:58 PM

does the bitfury admin web tool update the hashrate on the V1 boards?  I'm getting 53gh/s (on two h-boards) but I cant see any speed fields on the admin website.

/cet
kaerf

Activity: 631

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 09:05:38 PM

replying from megabig thread
just had a board stop hashing on me. it stopped hashing and everyone other board after it on the m-board stopped hashing too. I moved the board around on the mboard and again all boards after it stop hashing too. anyone have suggestions on how to troubleshoot?

edit: it was working perfectly fine before

This can happen - its why we test and burn in all the boards before shipping.  Put it as the last board in your rig (consecutive slot).  Let us know what the total rig hashrate is and we will send you a card.

Also - please post this kind of stuff in the support thread (see my sig)

Thanks!

I also have an EOL card on this mboard so it won't detect on the last slot, but even in the 2nd to last slot it gets 0 GH/s. My total hashrate on this rig has dropped ~ 20GH/s though. Any possible way to coax it back to life somehow?
-Redacted-

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 09:12:25 PM

does the bitfury admin web tool update the hashrate on the V1 boards?  I'm getting 53gh/s (on two h-boards) but I cant see any speed fields on the admin website.

/cet

Huh

At the top of the page:

BitFury Admin
Noncerate: 53.53GH/s

At the bottom:

Bank 1
1: 30.466GH/s
2: 23.064GH/s
3: 0GH/s
4: 0GH/s
cet

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 09:27:50 PM

does the bitfury admin web tool update the hashrate on the V1 boards?  I'm getting 53gh/s (on two h-boards) but I cant see any speed fields on the admin website.

/cet

Huh

At the top of the page:

BitFury Admin
Noncerate: 53.53GH/s

At the bottom:

Bank 1
1: 30.466GH/s
2: 23.064GH/s

I'm not seeing either of those sections populated - I see where your talking about but the top of the admin page sohws:
BitFury Admin

Noncerate: GH/s

Start miner »Stop miner

and the bottom shows
Bank 1
 1: 0GH/s
 2: 0GH/s

the pool that I'm working with reports 52gh/s rate.  so I'm wondering what's up with the admin tool.

/cet
-Redacted-

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 09:31:58 PM

Possibly browser issue?  Works here in Chrome and IE 10.0.  Do you have JavaScript disabled?  Those are "fields" updated with js...
cet

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 10:02:43 PM

it does look like a browser problem, crome is reporting numbers.

Thanks,
/cet
ForeRunnerz

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 10:38:09 PM

Having some trouble here.

I got my kit all started up, The IP is correct, and I can access it using 192.168.1.249.

I have 3 good boards plugged in correctly and one EOL board in the #3 slot. Fans turn on, PSU is on.

I put in all the pool's info correctly,save it, and then press start miner. Script pops up says miner started.

I get 0 gh's . I check the mining pools site, and it is at 0 gh.

What can I do next to rule anything else out? Thanks for your guys help once again...
Foofighter

Activity: 882
Merit: 547

BTC Mining Hardware, Trading and more

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 10:51:22 PM

I got my kit all started up, The IP is correct, and I can access it using 192.168.1.249.

I have 3 good boards plugged in correctly and one EOL board in the #3 slot. Fans turn on, PSU is on.

I put in all the pool's info correctly,save it, and then press start miner. Script pops up says miner started.

What can I do next to rule anything else out? Thanks for your guys help once again...

webinterface doesnt show the hashrate immidiatly -wait a few mins for that . is your pool a stratum pool?

ex official Canaan Distributor (Cryptouniverse)
zurg

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 10:52:08 PM

I only had that happen to me when I  pasted the password and it left X there from default.
Morblias

Activity: 576

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 11:38:57 PM

I got my starter kit, however, the raspberry pi will not boot up when it is connected with the pins. I tried unplugging the pi and just connecting it directly to a power supply to make sure the RPi wasn't dead, and it lights up so it seems the pi works. Any ideas what is going on here? Also, are there supposed to be lights on the master board? Because nothing lights up on that indicating it is on. I tested the 12v and ground wires with a volt meter and it shows it's getting 12v, so I am out of ideas.

Tips / Donations accepted: 1Morb18DsDHNEv6TeQXBdba872ZSpiK9fY
-Redacted-

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 11:42:24 PM

I got my starter kit, however, the raspberry pi will not boot up when it is connected with the pins. I tried unplugging the pi and just connecting it directly to a power supply to make sure the RPi wasn't dead, and it lights up so it seems the pi works. Any ideas what is going on here? Also, are there supposed to be lights on the master board? Because nothing lights up on that indicating it is on. I tested the 12v and ground wires with a volt meter and it shows it's getting 12v, so I am out of ideas.

Possibly bad Main board.  I received two starter kits, one of mine had this problem with the m-board.  There are no lights on the hashing cards or main board.  Check over your m-board carefully with a magnifying glass for solder bridges or similar problems.  I wasn't able to find anything obviously wrong with my one bad m-board.  Fortunately I had two...
Morblias

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 11:55:44 PM

Would this be the problem? Sorry for the bad pics, had to have flash on for it to be visible:

http://imgur.com/a/eGR3u (in-between 2 and 3)
Edit: better pick: https://i.imgur.com/mdf8fPk.jpg

My M-board and H-board have 0 lights on when I try to turn it on.

-Redacted-

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 11:58:24 PM

That might be a bit of a solder bridge, can't tell for sure.   On the other picture, it looks like more of a scratch.  As long as the traces aren't cut, that shouldn't be a problem.

There are no lights on the bitfury cards.  The only way to tell that it's doing something are the lights on the RasPi....
Morblias

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 12:04:37 AM

That might be a bit of a solder bridge, can't tell for sure.   On the other picture, it looks like more of a scratch.  As long as the traces aren't cut, that shouldn't be a problem.

There are no lights on the bitfury cards.  The only way to tell that it's doing something are the lights on the RasPi....

Oh oops, read your first post wrong. Would it be a bad idea to use an external plug in for the RPi while it is connected to the pins and see if i can remote in that way?

-Redacted-

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 12:10:07 AM

I don't know what to tell you.  I didn't try it with the m-board I had that acted that way, and I'd really have to think twice about doing it.  
On the other hand, if all that is wrong is, say, the 5V supply on the m-board wasn't working, it could possibly get you running.

But if you plug in the power for the RasPi when it's connected to the m-board (and with the PSU turned on and connected to the m-board) and none of the RasPi lights come on, quickly unplug it and don't try it again....
Trongersoll

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 12:19:48 AM

I'm thinking that what we are seeing is a reason for 24 hour burn-ins. I understand that we are all in a hurry. i am too, but once the rush is past, consider extended burn-ins, perhaps pointed at the new owners account. Wink
-Redacted-

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 12:20:48 AM

I'm not altogether convinced that they tested or burned in the m-boards....
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: