Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:51:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Compression Concept Worth Big Money - I Did It!  (Read 13878 times)
nino_11

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 05:23:19 PM

Huh
B(asic)Miner (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 03:49:19 AM

So where does the money for all this come from (lawyers, offices, corporate formation, patents, etc)?

Will you be asking for money from investors from this forum?  If so then saying you are not asking for money is a lie.

I suppose if he does not want to solicit any money, he just wants to waste everyone's time then.

How is it a waste of time to ask for help when you can't do something yourself?  I can't program software, and even if I did, it wouldn't be efficient like a real programmer who knows what they're doing could do.  Henry Ford was known to be illiterate and was at one time brought before the American people to justify why a CEO of a company couldn't regurgitate commonly known facts anybody knows.  He said "Why do I need to know everything when I have at my fingertips men who know everything?  I can, with the push of a button in my office, have any information I need within moments.  I don't need a dictionary in my head when one in my hands is just as useful."  He was slamming the idiocy of going to school to learn facts that can be found in any book in mere moments, when he was the CEO of a powerful company and could accomplish great things regardless of his educational background. 

By saying I want to waste everyone's time, you clearly don't understand the point of my theory, which is to save everyone enormous time on the internet, cut down internet bottlenecks and peak-time surges that lead to the internet becoming non-useful and annoying in all of its time wasting inefficiency.  My theory is not a time waster, but potentially a huge time saver for the world as a whole! 

I don't want to waste time, I want to create something amazing, with people who like to think and create together.  There's nothing wrong with that.
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1068

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 06:05:46 AM

Ah, too bad BenRayfield hasn't show up here for 4 months now.

WARNING Transactions and Addresses will soon be used as high volume data storage

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60386.0

If we could get the "high volume data" kook close to the "crypto compression" kook we could observe a kook-singularity. Or maybe they would just kook-annihilate each other? Anyway, the science of psychoceramics would certainly advance to the next level.

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
tuckerblane

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 07:05:48 AM

I don't know.
Maybe it's because it's 0200 here and I'm a bit tired, but there's something that just doesn't quite sit with me.

You say you're not a programmer, or have any knowledge of computer sciences, but yet claim to be able to compress and encrypt gigabytes of data instanteously.
I believe you also said that you have been able to do this already and can reproduce the results at will. Then you go on to say that it's all just a theory.

I'm seeing too many contradictions here to believe that you have even the simplest idea of what to do. I don't doubt for one second that you believe this is possible. Unfortunately, I don't believe this feat of engineering is even possible.

Best of luck to you on getting a team together on this.
MarKusRomanus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 07:26:33 AM

Ok, I already feel stupid for giving this any more thought, but here it goes...

All I did was think of a foolproof way to do the referencing

You say your file will just be a bunch of reference points and then you need a program that then looks up the references to recreate the file.  Whats referenced by the program.  Will be data on my computer, or the internet.. or Nature?  The other thing would be that higher entropy datasets (like images, audio, video) will need many many more references than , say a text file.  So much so that the process of looking up them (references?) could take a very long time , even for a gpu, asic.  So you just need a library of data point with every possible permutation of a certain length of binary data?  Where's that stored?  How fine is each binary data piece is in the library? if its like bitcoin and you are just hashing till you get the right target.. that may take the age of the universe to get the Lord of the Rings movie from a 600kb list of reference points.  What about loss.. i guess this would be loss less compression?  There's to much to go on about.

You could take your 12-gig Blueray version of Lord of the Rings 3, compress it down to under 600-1200KB (the size of one jpeg image)

I'm thinking it'd look  a lot like the early game Pong with that few reference points.

The Bible says all things are possible for them that believe.

Appealing to the bible for acceptance on faith of your word.. ehh.

my family won't help me because I'm a thinker who has been thinking of ideas for 25 years and they just don't believe a word I say about my ideas anymore.
I'm desperate to prove everyone wrong who ever doubted me.

..Maybe because after 25 years nothing has come of any of your ideas.  I'm just guessing from your life description.

Desperate, yea... I hope you do too.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 07:44:58 AM

Just release your new algorithm under an open source license.
You'll get a name for yourself, and big companies will be knocking at your door for your employment.

Mushoz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 07:47:04 AM

OP, please read this page and hopefully you will understand why it's not possible to losslessly compress any data. Some data will actually get bigger: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pigeonhole_principle

Now I have a _very_ simple example for you. Lets say we want to "compress" 2 bits of data. All the possible datasets are:

Now please compress those 4 datasets so that they will all get smaller. Impossible. Unless you use something like:

00 -> 0
01 -> 1
10 -> 10
11 -> 11

But then my next question will be:

Now please compress

Impossible again, since you've already used 0 and 1 to "compress" 00 and 01. So these 2 "datasets" will have to get bigger by definition, or you will have a collision.

The reason why compression works, is that it encodes sequences and often reoccurring patterns. But as we just saw, there will be datasets (random data) that will actually increase in size if a lossless compression algorithm is used on it. And it just so happens that movies and pictures are very similar to random data. Unless, of course, you use raw pictures/movies, but these files are huge. And believe me when I say you won't beat current algorithms which have been developed over the years by a lot of skillful people.

The thing I think you're missing, is this: You are talking about reference points. This dictionary to which these reference points point, also needs to be stored somewhere. And even if you use referencing, you will still run into the Pigeon Hole Principle. 2 bits of data have 4 possible combinations, so in order to be able to reference to those 4 possible combinations you need 4 different reference points.....Which require 2 bits of data.

Hope this helps. Smiley

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
spndr7
Legendary

Activity: 1020

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 08:01:44 AM

The theory does not rely on keeping any of the data, that's why I can say 99.8% compression and mean it.  It saves NONE of the data.  I squeeze out every 0 and every 1, and all that's left is a few reference points.  Since binary is only 0's and 1's .... the only thing a binary file is a unique arrangement of them resulting in a program that was created in a higher level language (the systematic formulation of original thought designed to execute a given set of instructions) that are then rendered down into binary for a computer to render at full speed.  If you changed even one bit in the file, it would be corrupted.  So the theory relies on converting the 0's and 1's in a unique way so that only one possible answer is arrived at for the crypto key.  

You claim to have broken Kolmogorov complexity,which is so huge,that it can be the discovery of this century.

I had to tried and imagined once to use complex mathematical functions to generate entire bit sequence of a huge file (some complex function % 2),but theoretical its near to impossible for every file,as every file have different random sequence of bits.

As you say you had a working prototype,if you are correct than prizes are waiting for you Hutter Prize.You should send your entry there and when you will win with a a seemingly impossible improvement,instantly the whole world will recognize you Smiley

B(asic)Miner (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 08:14:08 AM

Mushoz, I am impressed with your attempt to help me see the error of my ways.  It is a valid argument, and its one I encountered when I was first studying compression in the first place.  But I didn't want to do someone else's compression Idea, so I stopped studying compression theories after the first 30 days, because I realized all I could do was try (and only TRY) to improve a few percentage points over what had been done before, and my math skills were not up to par for that kind of challenge. What I was seeking was a kind of Einstein-like E=MC(squared) formula that was small, efficient, and could do what needed to be done.  Imagine trying to copy a jpg image.  Every bit is unique in its composition and arrangement.  How could you retain that fingerprint without actually compressing anything?  I am not replacing any bits, I am not trying to store that 1 and 0 you claim I am trying to store.  I figured out a way to store every unique placement of every bit in this example jpeg image within a natural container open to all peoples of the world, that would create a unique truly 100% imprint of the data in that file within that structure, and then give me a pointer that I can then teach a software program to decipher (using logical binary rules) how to SOLVE THE BLOCK like any crypto currency does.  Once the block is solved, the solution IS the dataset used to solve the block!  It's absolutely awesome, I am literally in awe of the idea itself that I've arrived at.  I want to share this with the world.  I am going about this is a totally new and unique way NO ONE has ever thought about before. That's why it's not compression like we've ever known it before.  The only reason I say it's only 99.8% complete is that when my (future) software program saves out the references it needs to be able to logically solve the block when the time comes, there are a few bytes of that per every 10 Gigabytes or so that have to be recorded to ensure recovery of the block later.  All of the entire contents of our example's jpeg image goes into the solution, but what comes back out are the crypto codes and reference points adding up to about 0.2% of the overall file size.  If computing power was fast enough, I could gaurantee recovery of any size file with merely one crypto code, but at the present time, I cannot gaurantee fast enough speeds, unless we use a quantum mbit computer.  Then yes, with that computer, I could say my file compression is 100% whether you believe it or agree with that conclusion or not.  Yes.  That's what is possible here.  My idea, given a few years of maturation on the world market, could indeed compress all data to nothing if the computing power was strong enough to decode it without taking a lifetime to achieve it.  Once I publish this, you will read it for yourself and see for yourself and marvel at it as I do every day.  So I am very thankful for those of you are sending me positive messages and PM'ing me about offers to help. This is already beginning to become helpful, as I had hoped.  I think the world needs this idea badly, and I don't think anyone or anything can stop it from eventually coming out.  I'm just trying to be the one who gets remembered for inventing it.  I have never amounted to much and except for a few students who speak fondly of me and have tried to get me some teaching awards, I haven't done anything to make my family proud of me.  One day, this will be my legacy.  So I need to stay attached to it.  But if I get cancer and am going to die or anything, then yes, I'll go ahead and come on here and give it away in the interest of science and the future of mankind.  I won't go to my grave clutching the secret, I assure you.
phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 08:45:58 AM

Einstein did know his math.

I have see this before.

Bored one day, I invented a "new math" that did not use addition, subtraction, multiplcation, or division signs. I called the new sign a "fordor". It works by simply concatenating the two numbers around the operator. For example:
1@1 = 11
22@43 = 2243
1@98 = 198

An entrepreneur type who saw me working on this said that it may be useful for data compression in computers. Even as a child, I knew that this was not the case because any compression algorithm based on my "fodor" concept would be "lossy". Look at the '198' example above: it could be the result of 19@8 or even 198@.

However the entrepreneur type ran with the idea despite my objections. Perhaps he was thinking along the same lines before seeing my work on "fordors". I later learned he applied for a patent on the idea. He wrote software and produced retail boxes. I was told one example he liked to use is that a whale comes from a sperm and and egg.

The software never sold well because it never achieved it's 90% compression claims. In a review, PC Magazine said none of their test files resembled the originals upon decompression. If you don't believe me, I may be able to find some of these references, but it would take some digging.

The point is that ideas like this are common. Ideas are a dime as dozen. Implementing ideas is the difficult part: and you are not going to do it by isolating yourself for fear that somebody is going to steal your big pay-day.

Afraid someone will steal your idea?

Re the kook comments: kooks have a niche. They can force you to think about problems in new ways to explain why an idea won't work. It has in fact been explained in several ways, the OP does not appear to understand, why it won't work.

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
B(asic)Miner (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 08:50:50 AM

Update:  

I received a PM asking that I demonstrate my ability to beat the Kolmogorov Complexity by achieving 1st place in the Hutter Prize.  Since I have said that my compression technique can achieve 99.8% of the file... winning the Hutter prize requires creating an executable file (standalone) which can recreate the exact file placed at this URL:  http://prize.hutter1.net/   in under 1 Gigabyte of Memory and 10 GB of hard drive space.  If a programmer could program my the executable decoding program from my theory at a size of 1 megabyte, then I propose that my complete file size with the program included would be less than 1.5 Megabytes, which would qualify the person who helped me program this to at least the Grand Prize of 50,000 euros.  The prize awards 500 euros for each 1% of improvement.  We would be giving them FAR more than just 100% if our file size was only 1.5 Mbs.  The Hutter file to be encoded is 100 megabytes, and one man has gotten it down to 16 megabytes.  Imagine what they would do when they saw 1.5?  hahaha!

Maybe that is enough incentive to get someone amongst you interested now.  Maybe just a small team, 2-3 people.  We can do this.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 08:53:23 AM

Ideas are a dime as dozen.

A million times, this.  True for all ideas, no matter what field you're talking about, technical or creative.

balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 09:36:24 AM

Update:  

I received a PM asking that I demonstrate my ability to beat the Kolmogorov Complexity by achieving 1st place in the Hutter Prize.  Since I have said that my compression technique can achieve 99.8% of the file... winning the Hutter prize requires creating an executable file (standalone) which can recreate the exact file placed at this URL:  http://prize.hutter1.net/   in under 1 Gigabyte of Memory and 10 GB of hard drive space.  If a programmer could program my the executable decoding program from my theory at a size of 1 megabyte, then I propose that my complete file size with the program included would be less than 1.5 Megabytes, which would qualify the person who helped me program this to at least the Grand Prize of 50,000 euros.  The prize awards 500 euros for each 1% of improvement.  We would be giving them FAR more than just 100% if our file size was only 1.5 Mbs.  The Hutter file to be encoded is 100 megabytes, and one man has gotten it down to 16 megabytes.  Imagine what they would do when they saw 1.5?  hahaha!

Maybe that is enough incentive to get someone amongst you interested now.  Maybe just a small team, 2-3 people.  We can do this.

Just a few encouragement, I had a business partner before that is an artist. He loves to paint, and make arts. And he has a hard time doing math. But instead of being discouraged, he used his strength(creativity) and made a software that would run a stores point-of-sales system, so what happened was he made an excel, yes excel as in spreadsheet using the macro and from there he made the spreadsheet run the whole pos and even networked it!

So heads up!
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 10:47:48 AM

Do you want me to invest in your magical money printing company that pays out 50% interest a day?

That would be pretty darned funny ... if that wasn't the same exact joke I get every time I try to explain how Bitcoins are made, and yet here you are, in a Bitcoin forum.  How did you ever get to the point of believing in Bitcoins if you think like that? 

Anyway, if I was in your shoes and I heard someone say this stuff, I would make the same joke as you, but truth be told, it would only be because I was jealous I hadn't thought of it first.

Thanks for the laughs.

PS: You'd better not scam anyone. I will be the first to make sure you get arrested :-)

Man!  If I scammed anyone on something this cool, that I've actually worked on and created a working prototype theory for, then I'd need to go ahead and arrest myself first!  It'd be a major crime for the entire world.  When you watch Heroes (okay, let's assume you actually watch Heroes ha ha) who do you root for?  Sylar?  Or the good guys?  Because I root for Claire and Hiro and Matt Parkman.  I want the good guys to win.  If I were scamming someone, I would never do it with an idea like this.  This is me at my most earnest.  This is for real, guys.  From the bottom of my heart, I believe I've solved this and only want to see it be born into the world and to take credit for having done the impossible.  I want to feel the pride of believing further than anyone else on something that should have scared away everyone else.  I love this theory, I love thinking about it, it's saved my life on numerous occasions when I almost gave up hope.  I'm basically alive now just to see this through.  Because I have no family of my own, no wife, no girlfriends, just a lot of happy students who think I'm pretty special as a teacher.  That's a great accomplishment in most people's books, but I still want to be famous for doing this one thing.  I won't lie.  I desire fame for creating something. Let's put togethera team and try to DO THIS!

You'd better keep your word then. I have all the information I need about you, Christopher.
Aahzman

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 03:10:44 PM

The prize awards 500 euros for each 1% of improvement.  We would be giving them FAR more than just 100% if our file size was only 1.5 Mbs.  The Hutter file to be encoded is 100 megabytes, and one man has gotten it down to 16 megabytes.  Imagine what they would do when they saw 1.5?  hahaha!

If the file is 100MB and you reduce/compress it down to 1.5MB, that is 98.5% reduction.

I'm not sure in what deluded fantasy math you've invented in your head that 98.5% = "FAR more than just 100%", but you're a loon.

You don't need a team of programmers, you need a team of psychoanalysts to get inside your head and fix what's broken in there.

hayek

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 03:36:17 PM

If you want a dime from anyone you publish your amazing idea, in detail step by step explaining what you do. You put your name on it and with the fame and recognition that comes from being the inventor you rise to glory.

If you are half as smart as you are telling us you are then you shouldn't have any problems understanding the value that would give you and how it would rocket you from nobody to somebody and land you your dream gig.

You wouldn't be posting on bitcointalk looking for a handout and you wouldn't feed us some BS emotional story.
B(asic)Miner (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 03:45:28 PM

The prize awards 500 euros for each 1% of improvement.  We would be giving them FAR more than just 100% if our file size was only 1.5 Mbs.  The Hutter file to be encoded is 100 megabytes, and one man has gotten it down to 16 megabytes.  Imagine what they would do when they saw 1.5?  hahaha!

If the file is 100MB and you reduce/compress it down to 1.5MB, that is 98.5% reduction.

I'm not sure in what deluded fantasy math you've invented in your head that 98.5% = "FAR more than just 100%", but you're a loon.

You don't need a team of programmers, you need a team of psychoanalysts to get inside your head and fix what's broken in there.

I'm sorry you feel you need to resort to blathering to achieve your points, but no one needs degradation as a form of critiquing.  I don't need it, and you don't need it either, so let's keep this civil.  I appreciate your interest in my post, however.  

Numbers like what my compression ratio could be once the software is completed is pointless now.  All I can say is, for large data, like 100 Gigabytes, that kind of guess on my part is really just a guess (99.8%) at this point, and is not worth the getting all wound up over.  For a file the size of the Hutter contest, 100 megs, I am fairly certain the brute force method can still apply, so internal file splitting to achieve multiple crypto keys would not be needed for a file that small.  Thus, I am certain I could achieve 100% compression of that file, if you want to call it compression.  It's not really compression as society knows it today.  It's a way of hiding the data and then knowing how to bring it back from a known natural container.  Bringing it back requires brute force methods, as far as I know.  For 100 megs, if you want to split fine hairs, Aahzman, the final crypto key would like (not exactly like but something) like this:   (xxx.yyyyyyyyyy.zzz)  Where each other those three points are required to tell the decoding engine how to work out the details and solve the block.  Since only one crypto key would be needed, whatever amount of data that is above (3 x's 10 y's and 3 z's = 16 characters x 7bits = 112 bytes) ... so maybe for 100 megs, only 112 bytes would be needed.  But for larger sizes, I couldn't yet say until it was explored by my team.

Thanks again.
B(asic)Miner (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 03:53:18 PM

If you want a dime from anyone you publish your amazing idea, in detail step by step explaining what you do. You put your name on it and with the fame and recognition that comes from being the inventor you rise to glory.

If you are half as smart as you are telling us you are then you shouldn't have any problems understanding the value that would give you and how it would rocket you from nobody to somebody and land you your dream gig.

You wouldn't be posting on bitcointalk looking for a handout and you wouldn't feed us some BS emotional story.

If I follow your advice here, I would write out my idea, post it somewhere and wait for glory to come.  Meanwhile, someone else with money would take my idea, actually formulate a software program with it, patent that, and since he came to the patent office first, he would get the credit, not me.  I don't see how you are thinking straight on this.

P.S., my life's story is not BS (not to me at least) .... and I didn't know you found it emotional, I appreciate the hidden compliment regardless of whether you meant it or not. 

PPS:  How is it to be called a "handout" ... a handout is where you take something for nothing and don't give back in any way.  Words are powerful, please choose yours more wisely.  It's nothing like a handout to ask for people to help join a team and work out a new creation into the world that could be of great importance.  And last but not least, I'm not claiming to be smart, in fact, I don't think I am very smart actually.  I do submit that I am creative and not willing to say "that's impossible" or let negative comments from the audience discourage me from my theory and from asking for the help I need, there is no shame in that ....  if you aren't Steve Jobs or Bill Gates.  Both are/were great businessmen and knew how do amazing things in business.  That's never been me, sorry to dissappoint you.  I wish I had the savvy to do it all on my own, but I don't.  And I won't let that stop me from asking for help. 

Thanks anyway.
spndr7
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 04:02:58 PM

Text :
Numbers like what my compression ratio could be once the software is completed is pointless now.

Binary : (space between two bytes)
01001110 01110101 01101101 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100000 01101100 01101001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01110111 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01100011 01101111 01101101 01110000 01110010 01100101 01110011 01110011 01101001 01101111 01101110 00100000 01110010 01100001 01110100 01101001 01101111 00100000 01100011 01101111 01110101 01101100 01100100 00100000 01100010 01100101 00100000 01101111 01101110 01100011 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01110011 01101111 01100110 01110100 01110111 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01100011 01101111 01101101 01110000 01101100 01100101 01110100 01100101 01100100 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01110000 01101111 01101001 01101110 01110100 01101100 01100101 01110011 01110011 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110111 00101110

Can you just show your compressed output for this 96 byte binary data ? A sort of demo .

spndr7
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 04:12:51 PM

I'm not claiming to be smart, in fact, I don't think I am very smart actually.  I do submit that I am creative and not willing to say "that's impossible"

Creativity is different from intelligence.Countless intelligent people saw the things falling down but Newton observed it.The thing is that, small things that go unnoticed may solve the seemingly impossible.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: