Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:30:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Compression Concept Worth Big Money - I Did It!  (Read 13878 times)
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 09:00:53 PM

Hey guys, you won't believe it,
Correct. I don't believe it Smiley

a computer company is now going live with a version of Jan Sloot's theorum for data compression ... they even have videos to show it is working.

http://jansloot.telcomsoft.nl/    

Click on "Project 7" link (middle left) you will see the video.  This ... this is mind blowing.  I was right.  But maybe not about how MUCH compression total ... it says a Factor of 4, does that mean it's 4 times more efficient?   So a 4 GB file becomes a 1GB file?  Is that how "factor of 4" works?

Let me know what they are doing, if you can find some place to read in English (which I can't yet) ...  
I'll tell you what they're doing: they're lying. Seriously, this is a fraud. 100% sure. Probably to trick venture capitalists into investing money.

You're getting distracted by the presentation, the techno babble, and all the almost-too-good-to-be-true promises. Have you already forgotten about the 2 bit vs 1 bit example? Exactly the same applies here as well.

Let's recap: "make any file smaller by factor 4". If that's possible, i.e. if they can "encode" any file A into another file B, such that B's size is only 1/4 of A's size, they can apply the same method on B as well, thus creating a file C that is 1/16 of A's size. And D which is only 1/64 of A's size. Ad infinitum. See? No matter how fancy their algorithm... IT'S NONSENSE.

In general, claiming that you have an algorithm that can compress or encode or represent or store any file in some smaller form, even if it's just ONE BIT smaller, implicitly (by repeatedly applying the same process on each output file) also means you can store the entire internet in 1 bit. Again, IT. IS. NONSENSE.

Actually, I'll repost my bet to compress any of those 3 files I posted earlier to the maker of this fraud presentation as well. Compressing or encoding or whatevering any of those three 1MB files into 950K or less = I pay 100BTC. No counter action required in return upon failure.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 09:07:02 PM

The Jan Sloot Principal turns out to be none other than the DNA method!  Here is what they have to say on the youtube site video:

"DNA is a different way to store data on a very efficient way like SDCS principle from Jan Sloot. Like SDCS it uses Key-codes (DNA-codes) which are smaller then 257 bytes with a Reference Table.
Goto http://jansloot.telcomsoft.nl/Forum for more information."

I knew it!   A Referencing System!  I am a genius.  But DNA based!   With 3 overlaying streams from different algorythms working in tandem to create a unique key the way DNA does!  DAMN!  OMG!  I should have seen that myself!  3 years and I never thought about DNA, how it works!  This is totally exciting!  
(quadruple facepalm)

B(asic)Miner or anyone else, want to do a side bet with me? I'll contact the developer of this DNA / Project 7 bogus. If he accepts my bet, I'll be happy to side bet with other people here on the forum whether he wins or loses. I'll take any stake, small or huge.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 09:48:14 PM

ahem

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey_theorem

I only read a few posts in this thread and I'm not a "Crypto Compression" expert, but this was my first association.

We tried to tell him numerous times...

you guys did? I did search the thread for "monkey" before I posted though.  Wink

a computer company is now going live with a version of Jan Sloot's theorum for data compression ... they even have videos to show it is working.

http://jansloot.telcomsoft.nl/    

Click on "Project 7" link (middle left) you will see the video.  This ... this is mind blowing.  I was right.  But maybe not about how MUCH compression total ... it says a Factor of 4, does that mean it's 4 times more efficient?   So a 4 GB file becomes a 1GB file?  Is that how "factor of 4" works?

Let me know what they are doing, if you can find some place to read in English (which I can't yet) ...  
I'll tell you what they're doing: they're lying. Seriously, this is a fraud. 100% sure. Probably to trick venture capitalists into investing money.

Indeed, this one reminds me of those free energy videos.

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
BTClobsta

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:35:58 PM

Hello Everyone,

The Achievement:
I have made an amazing discovery and spent a year trying to talk everyone I know into helping me with my solution for compressing 99.8% of all data out of a file, leaving only a basic crypto key containing the thread of how to re-create the entire file from scratch.  Its a truly elegant solution, a truly stunning discovery worth millions of dollars possibly.  But I'm just a teacher and don't have a fancy title or famous or powerful friends.  I am what society considers "a nobody" ... just your average guy.  But I like to solve puzzles, and I believed in myself, and I think that counts for more than being a nobody overall.  I achieved my goal, but now I can't seem to get it recognized or developed.  Imagine what I know I can now do:   with a software version of my concept for data compression, you could take your 12-gig Blueray version of Lord of the Rings 3, compress it down to under 600-1200KB (the size of one jpeg image) and email it to your friend in moments.  What's more, imagine that this file, because it no longer contains any data at all, just crypto data, is now 100% unrecognizable, scannable, or readable from any third party inbetween who might intercept your file.  It's basically 100% unreadable data, 99.8% compressed data.  This is what I know I have achieved.

Back Story:
Starting in 2009, I began to have day dreams about creating something merely by thinking about it.  I was looking around for ideas about something that could be created merely by thought, not a product of any kind, because I don't have those skill sets.  After a while, because of my love of hackers, at first I thought I would create a game of some kind.  I created an awesome game idea, one which would take all of those useless brain games and put them into an architecture that would make them important for solving a larger over-arching goal of hacking a mainframe.  In the course of creating the game (and yes, this game idea would itself be worth millions if you knew everything it entailed), I came across a far more important idea, the idea of being able to compress real-life data in all computer-based files down to absolutely (just short of) nothing.

In 2011, I worked on it the whole year in my head while at my real job, my teaching job.  I figured out a way to do it even then, but it was so tedious in trying to explain it to my one hacking buddy who was smart enough to be able to create the program for me that he just gave up listening to me.  He wanted to help me, but I had no programming experience and wasn't able to explain the idea.  I wasn't about to give up though, so I went back and thought about how to resolve my theory down to a distilled set of rules.  I went from like 20 rules ... down to four.  This took another year.  I actually (whether you believe me or not) had a dream on December 21st, 2012 (the day the world was supposed to end) that showed me how to fix my problem with the theory I currently was working under.  It was so easy, it blew my mind.  Its so elegant, I believe my solution for compressing 99.8% of all data out of a file is something that deserves to win the Nobel Prize.  It might be remembered in similar fashion to Einstein or Tesla.

What Do I Want by Telling All of You This?:
I am hoping to find smart individuals who believe me about this, who have the means to start a company with me, a joint venture, of which I myself have no starting capital of any kind.  I have always been poor, I come from a poor family, and have no powerful friends or allies.  I'm currently trying to get started in Bitcoin mining to make a little money to finally begin forming a savings.  My job is very very poor, I work in a foreign country.  I'm sort of trapped here by the fact that 1) its the best job I can get with no college degree, and 2) America's unemployement is up to at least 20%, far above what is being reported by the corporate-owned media.  It's too risky to return to America and try to find work.  I must try to make something of this idea, because it promises to be my one and only shot at escaping my situation in life.

I am willing to share equally all incomes derived from the creation of my idea if you assume the risk.  I'm hoping to find an investor who wants to take a gamble.  I'm certain my idea about how to do compression will work, I have hand tested the idea numerous times, and am able to reproduce data merely from the crypto-code my theory generates.  That one code can recreate an entire file, every last bit, out of thin air.  It's not magic.  The Bible says all things are possible for them that believe.  Okay, I'm paraphrasing.  But yes, I believed I could do it, and now I have it, and I don't know what to DO WITH IT.  

I don't even have the money to patent the concept, and my family won't help me because I'm a thinker who has been thinking of ideas for 25 years and they just don't believe a word I say about my ideas anymore.  I'm desperate to prove everyone wrong who ever doubted me.  This is my chance.  Will someone please take a chance and help me start a company?

Where Will This Lead?
1) Reducing Internet Traffic Worldwide.  Speeding up transfers of all datum.  Imagine Sony PS4 letting you download an entire game online in mere moments, and then decompressing it to the hard-drive (might take a while to do that part) .... But the internet wouldn't suffer, it would get cleaned up in a massive way.
2) Government Uses
3) Every file sent over the internet is encrypted and totally unreadable.
4) Every file in existence can be catalogued by its resulting crypto-code, making storing a backup of all data online fit on one hard drive.  The entire contents of the internet and every computer in the world could fit on one small hard drive in encoded form.
.... and just for fun:
5) One day, teleportation projects could benefit from being able to send a small packet of data that contains the entire DNA re-sequencing of the person being teleported.  Star Trek could become a reality, because you wouldn't have to send billions of Terrabytes of Data through space, just send the small crypto-code, way less energy required.  Almost none, in fact.

FINALE:
There was a TV show episode about this ("Person of Interest") starring that guy from Lost ("Ben" the island leader) where they talked about someone who had done what I am claiming I have done.  It was fictional.  I was laughing when the TV show aired because I had already basically achieved the idea myself, but it had yet to become efficient enough to not have loopholes that would break the theory and keep it from working. Those have been resolved.

I AM PLEADING WITH SOMEONE TO BELIEVE IN ME AND CONTACT ME ABOUT GOING FORWARD WITH THIS!
This is real, and I need your help to complete a working prototype of the software and show the world what's been achieved here.

Thanks for your time, I open the floor to some questions (keeping in mind I can't reveal the nature of the idea in full obviously or else I couldn't patent it or keep it safe as my own invention).

that's a good idea. is there anyway you can backup your theory. I'm not a programer however i do believe in possibilities. if you can show me proof of your theory. I'm interested. lets just say that you can provide me with some kind backing to your theory. how much money do you need to get started? any idea on how you'll make your first move? any plans after you find a investor?
bseymour

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 01:31:20 AM

that's a good idea. is there anyway you can backup your theory. I'm not a programer however i do believe in possibilities. if you can show me proof of your theory. I'm interested. lets just say that you can provide me with some kind backing to your theory. how much money do you need to get started? any idea on how you'll make your first move? any plans after you find a investor?

It's not possible, and proof has been shown multiple times within this thread. It's simply not a task one can accomplish. Do not invest any money into this idea. OP has no experience programming crypto-compression, and is just shooting ideas around as if he's invented something.
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1068

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 01:51:59 AM

In sports they say (to encourage athletes who want to give up) that you can only make a basket if you're willing to make a throw.  Am I wrong to try?  Do you think everyone should always listen to mathematical probabilities and not even try?  Because if that were the case, maybe the Universe itself (which is a kind of universal intelligence we are discovering more and more about every day, that is kind of alive in some way, universally sentient) wouldn't be here?  Because the chances of there being life are so small, nearly impossible, that for it to exist is indeed something to ponder deeply.  I'm just saying.  If we never take a shot, we can't ever make a basket.  Don't let math dictate your life, dictate your own life and screw the math is what I say.

The maths are the laws of the universe, and a universal language, but I seriously believe that in 200 years from now (if WW3 doesn't end us "coming soon to a nation near you!") we will have found all the ways to do these same things I'm proposing, because of someone like me didn't listen to the rules and tried it for goddsake.
I just had to quote it for posterity.

Given that:

1) you had a military service experience
2) you've reached middle age
3) you have an experience of tilting at windmills with the help of one-man crew

you'll need to:

A) observe where the advice from the school sport coaches doesn't apply
B) switch to the pursuits that are age-appropriate.

The good starting point would definitely be a thorough reading of:

The Ingenious Gentleman Don Quixote of La Mancha

which could possibly help you achieve the peace of mind that you are seeking.

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
Jace

Activity: 288
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 08:21:18 AM

After 15 pages of debunking this nonsense, you come with this? Undecided

Feel free to send your life savings to 1JhrfA12dBMUhcgh85wYan6HL2uLQdB6z9
Jace

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 08:29:46 AM

Instead of encoding bits as 1s and 0s, we could encode single bits as (0,1 - the usual combination of binary, plus:),2,3,4,5
Ah, yes, the non-binary "bits". Along with the Jan Sloot myth, this had to come up sooner or later. Roll Eyes

Look, until here, nobody ever discussed how bits were stored or represented whatsoever. They were considered just an abstract unit of information, cause that's exactly what a bit is: a binary value that can have two states, typically called 0 and 1.

If you can 'encode' single bits as 2,3,4,5,etc then by definition we're not talking about "bits" anymore. And a byte being 8 bit, and a KB being 1024 bytes, this means a "4KB crypto key" is also completely meaningless.

Yes, I can also store a 50 GB movie in only 3 "kilobytes". With the notion that I invented special "bytes" than, due to a new kind of encoding, can actually have 81754 different values. Brilliant!

Jace

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 08:46:29 AM

Let's say, just for argument, that a way existed to compress huge movies down to 4k or 64k.  That it could be done.  (I'm just saying WHAT IF here, so follow along with me) ...  your approach, indeed all of the most intelligent amongst you's approaches, have been to consider the mathematical probabilities of that plan working.  And if the math says it can't be done, you don't do it.  So let's say a way did exist, and you (because of your adherance to math statistics telling you what can't be done) you never EVEN TRY.

In sports they say (to encourage athletes who want to give up) that you can only make a basket if you're willing to make a throw.  Am I wrong to try?
Yes, you are. See, in basketball, people are encouraged to make a throw because they could theoretically make the shot. It might be hard, difficult, or almost impossible, but in the right circumstances, with enough effort, and maybe a bit of luck, it could be done. In this compression endeavour, however, you're simply facing a cold, hard, theoretical, fundamental, mathematical, absolute impossibility. You have way more chance of managing to throw your basketball into the sun (or into the Alpha Centauri galaxy, for that matter) than to get this magic compression thing working.

Anyway, as for the movies: yes, some huge movies can probably be compressed to 64K. For example a 3 hour Full HD movie of the inside of a cave at night, i.e. total darkness. But in general, no.

Same argument that has been repeated over and over: if you can compress a huge movie to 64K, then you can also combine 3000 of such 64K files (each representing a single huge movie) into one new movie. Just displaying every 64K in sequential frames (movie shots), representing the bits in black & white or RGB pixels or whatever. It will probably look like a strange static noise movie, but it's a movie nonetheless. Now we can compress this new movie into 64K as well. So, if we can compress any single huge movie into 64K, we can also compress any 3000 huge movies into 64K. And also 1850000000 huge movies for that matter. Logic impossibility.

BTClobsta

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 10:01:08 AM

It's not possible, and proof has been shown multiple times within this thread. It's simply not a task one can accomplish. Do not invest any money into this idea. OP has no experience programming crypto-compression, and is just shooting ideas around as if he's invented something.

thanks for the tip. however i am asking for some kind of proof showing me that he can back his theory up. i am not going to invest if he can't come up with his own proof. and no, someone else video isn't going to pass. he did state that he has already completed his program of compression. all he needs to do is show me.

After 15 pages of debunking this nonsense, you come with this? Undecided

i'm not a computer programer or anything of that nature. all he needs is to show me his own proof. something he hasn't done through out this entire post. i'm not trying to doubt the man. surely he can provide me with some type of preview of his completed work. not just something that someone else had claimed or so called completed through theory. again it is only theory. maybe he can make us a video and post it on youtube so we call can see it for ourselves.
Jace

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 10:21:28 AM

thanks for the tip. however i am asking for some kind of proof showing me that he can back his theory up.
But.. solid 100% proof that it can't be done has been posted numerous times.

Seriously. It's not a matter of some smart algorithm that we didn't consider, some new fancy approach, or 'thinking out of the box'. The idea he proposed (as well as the video from that other site) is simply a logical impossibility. 

BTClobsta

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 11:05:44 AM

thanks for the tip. however i am asking for some kind of proof showing me that he can back his theory up.
But.. solid 100% proof that it can't be done has been posted numerous times.

Seriously. It's not a matter of some smart algorithm that we didn't consider, some new fancy approach, or 'thinking out of the box'. The idea he proposed (as well as the video from that other site) is simply a logical impossibility. 

so in other words... it is just a roody poo idea
Jace

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 11:15:01 AM

so in other words... it is just a roody poo idea
Correct.

It's like saying "a found a really special magic number that is even, yet it cannot be divided by 2!" but more complicated, so its logical inconsistency is less obvious.

I feel bad for B(asic)Miner though, cause I'm sure he genuinely believed he found something marvelous. Contrary to the maker of that Project 7 / DNA video who is definitely a fraud.

Xelpherpolis

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 11:22:17 AM

Proof or it did not happen, and will not happen.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 12:05:28 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2013, 12:34:22 PM by Dabs

Just publish it. You may not die rich, but you will live for all eternity in the science books.

If this works, no need to teleport people. Just get a loyal soldier, and create a clone army. Then do world domination. Or duplicate gold, because you can't double spend bitcoins, but you can "teleport" gold back and forth.

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 12:37:44 PM

Just publish it. You may not die rich, but you will live for all eternity in the science books.

If this works, no need to teleport people. Just get a loyal soldier, and create a clone army. Then do world domination. Or duplicate gold, because you can't double spend bitcoins, but you can "teleport" gold back and forth.

I'm sure his magic compression tech can triple spend BTC :-)
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 01:21:29 PM

I'm sure his magic compression tech can triple spend BTC :-)

I actually had almost this same idea as OP did, about 15 years ago. About the time I designed a steam-engine from scratch (then discover that it had already been invented). After thinking about it, I realized it could never work, at least not the way that I understood it.

Now I have this perpetual motion machine design, which might work. Then I realized, it's not really independent, and relies on the planet for power, or the other version requires very high quality mechanical parts. Or if it really worked, it would break some laws of physics. But I never had the funding to try it, since it would be expensive to build. So I might as well just use wind, solar or something and make those more efficient.

But just for fun, try grabbing about 10 UPS (uninterrupted power supplies), charge them all, then plug them in series, then plug the last one to the first one. Woot! It will stay on for about a few months, then eventually die. And if you use power from any of them, they will all eventually drain faster. You only need 3 to make this work.

Or I had this solar power generator once, then I put the lamp that it powered over it. It got dimmer and dimmer. hehe.

bseymour

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 04:23:41 PM

try grabbing about 10 UPS (uninterrupted power supplies), charge them all, then plug them in series, then plug the last one to the first one. Woot!

Sounds like you and OP would get along just dandy Wink
BTClobsta

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 04:46:56 PM

lets all teleport back with our Asic and start mining btc too.
conker

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 05:08:22 PM

He wants to write a book just referencing other words from other sources. The problem is that he thinks the references wont take as much space as the words themself.

It leads me to think about the .par file system they used to have on the usenet groups. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parchive

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: