Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:50:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 98 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can world Government Kill Crypto?  (Read 6425 times)
Piskeante

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:52:49 AM

It is hard to kill a movement because there is something called "a critical mass" and once a critical mass of people enters something you cannot roll back. It is also hard to kill such a strong and useful technology because there will always be someone who will accept it (take a look at Belarus example from the article) and other will have to "not fall behind", if not for anything then for political reasons. And cryptos became both - technology (for asset creation and distribution) and the movement (for decentralization and more fair wealth allocation).

i totally disagree, sorry. All altcoins are worth something due to the possibility to exchange it to BTC. once BTC crashes, those coins will be worth NOTHING. Who is going to be using mining and spending electricity on something that's worth NOTHING??

Actually not all. Some of them change to ETH and ETH can be exchanged directly for FIAT. However, yes, your reasoning is correct. I don't believe that Bitcoin can crash totally because of better regulation. Regulation is a positive thing. Banning is another thing, but not a single country has yet proposed to ban crypto trading, all news suggesting that were simply fake.

For god shake, i don't know if you have interests on any coin (i sold all my ETH at 1050$). i knew this was gonna happen. If BTC is worth almost nothing, all altcoins will be worth nothing. If BTC cannot be used in real live, nor will be those alt coins.

That was actually a smart move. I wish I did that so that I can buy a whole lot more at low prices. I am just hoping you are not using the FUD to get that little bit extra price down......

For me , cryptocurrency is dead, because goverments have done what they can only do: put regulations over them, so that they are not viable to evade taxes. This is the only truth of nowadays, and what proves why BTC and ETH have lost 50% of its value in 1 month, or why in that same period, the money invested in cryptomarket has gone from 800.000.000.000 dollars to about 280.000.000.000.000, that's like 70% down.
Face it, those that are farming, will spend more money in electricity and actual profit. And yes, they have killed cryptocurrency. At all. If you don't believe me, see the graphs of all coins and compare news from goverments to falls in price. they absolutely match.

Yes, but they had a gain of 1000% in a very short period of time too, so I don't see the market as "falling apart" just yet. The only thing that is pitty is that the expected market crash, correction, or whatever you would like to call it, came after some totally insignificant, and mainly fake news. Check this thread for the discussions on the matter: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2865338.msg29417479#msg29417479, you will not that crypto development has much more technical strength over the FUD, but marketing is unfortunately a different thing.

Anyway, a rise and crash of Bitcoin is normal and expected, look at its graph over time since the start. Nothing unusual there.

Thanks for your answer, but i partially disagree.

If the market and people actually believed in this project of blockchain, why would you run away from it at the first hit? Well....this is where i disagree with you. You say that there is a big technical strength in crypto. But that's not true. It was the actual marketing of crypto who said that. If you spend like me about 1 week watching the projects behind all those alt coins, you will see that none of them has a viable project, just a good idea (and used ico to get the money, btw, those coins are worth NOTHING nowadays). The real fact is that none of them have made their way through this disaster. all crashed at the same speed of BTC, and thats irrefutable. 

Can you tell me what is actually backing up the project of ETH for example?? Who and what is behind that?? well.....nothing. Cryptocoins are usefull as long as you can make money with it (which is btw a type of gambling). but the real fact is that, once goverments and banks have entered the fight, with the first hit they've had enough. that 70% lost, are all the people that where in for the hype, the tax evasion, or just to gamble. once goberments have said: ban or tighter controls, all the market has collapsed.

It collapses because of the controls and regulations? or just because people don't believe in the projects they invested in because of the controls? choose one. There is no other option.

BTW, i'm not interested in buying any coin, because that's the biggest error you can make right now, since the market is already collapsing. If you buy, you are going to lose money, thats granted. but do whatever you want, it's your money. Just and advice: only use the money you can afford LOSING. 

you say that losing more than 50% of its value means nothing because it won a lot before. That's actually false. Cryptocoins won money due to DE-regulations not value. Goverment and banks said nothing. once the problem was big enough for them, the old system has crashed to ashes cryptocurrency, and that will never return.

Forget about projects, cryptocurrency was not about that, that was just the lie for you to enter. cryptocurrency was all about tax evasion. Simple as that. And once evading has been made difficult, it has crashed because investors leaved the place as soon as they could. 800.000.000.000 before announcements of regulations , controls and bans. 275.000.000.000 after those announcements. it's clear as water my friend.

in the last 24 hours, the market cap of ETH has lost 14.000.000.000 dollars. what i cannot understand is why people are still farming. Are they dreaming of an epic comeback?the profit per card (considering 32Mh/s per card) is actually about 1,5 dollars per day (without considering electricity costs). so.......

205.000Gh/s are actually mining ETH. WTF!!! prices way down, difficulty way up, with Casper behind the door already knocking. the only reason i can think of is that all that people are knocked like a boxer that has received a big punch in the face. 205.000 Gh/s of convinced people that this is just a hole in the rough path. but it's not. If you cannot win free money with cryptocoins.....well, happens what it is happening right now.

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:54:53 AM

"Regardless, just because South Korea, China, the US and other countries can crush Bitcoin by issuing new regulations and influencing cryptocurrency prices, it doesn’t mean they can kill it".  The above quote is from the research information I got when I was trying to find out why world government is fighting crypto. Please read the full text here: https://www.ccn.com/fighting-bitcoin-cryptocurrency-trading-threat-government-policies/ and make your own contributions. It will help cool the nerves from the crypto dip we are experiencing recently. Happy reading. Thanks
i dont think that world government can kill crypto, then can manipulate it but i dont think that they can kill it. why? because even those who called “government” are studying about crypto, they are also using it to earn big money thays why they are manipulating it.

The government can't fully be banned cryptocurrency though they can do it on a certain coin like what other countries did to bitcoin.
some of the countries are having ICO, therefore they are not totally against cryptocurrency but bitcoin as this coin is not controlled by anyone and no government is gaining on this.
Marioboro

Activity: 243
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:06:19 AM

Governments cant kill drugs which have physical form for centuries.
So they won't be able to kill cryptos, but they sure can criminalize them. Stupid enough to be implemented by govts.
Its funny but it's true, government can't kill drugs which is physically sell on the market and so bitcoin. Bitcoin is a digital currency and I bet that they can't kill nor control it because government hasn't any control on it. Yes they maybe banned it in their respective countries but they can't kill it.

This is a great analyzation from you mate. You are correct that governments still cannot solve their long time issue with drugs since people are still very much willing to use it, so there are still people who would want to cash in by providing such needs. As in the case of crypto, as there are still people uaing and believing in it, there is no way that it can be killed or stopped. What will happen is that it will evolve further like how the drug cartel delivers its merchandise. They have gone high tech and is heavily invested in advance weaponry and delivery logistics. I see that crypto will rise and improve its usability that it will be difficult for governments to crack them down.
covfefe_

Activity: 935
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:07:28 AM

They can't exactly but they can make it harder to exchange crypto for anything useful and hence limiting its value. Though such act would also push cryptos to dark market and hence increasing the dark trade.
OriginTrain

Activity: 406
Merit: 174

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:10:29 AM

Governments cant kill drugs which have physical form for centuries.
So they won't be able to kill cryptos, but they sure can criminalize them. Stupid enough to be implemented by govts.

Exactly this. At the end of the day government is more of a huff than a puff when The People want something, be it drugs or trustless money. They cannot shut down bitcoin because bitcoin was created for the very reason that it could not be shutdown by them.
MV7

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:20:13 AM

Crypto is different from other bubbles like the dotcom and 2008 housing market bubbles. Crypto is not just about investment and making money. There is a real ideology that I don't think many people will give up on, no matter what the government says or does.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
duchaitp

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:25:30 AM

I just want good news to revive the market in the coming days. Red is too long, looking forward to green. Governments will not be able to kill cryptos.
segolodeh

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:37:57 AM

when we become part of the crypto trade, it's not good for our health when it's done every day, and we have to balance our lives.
Zinhin

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:08:25 AM

"Regardless, just because South Korea, China, the US and other countries can crush Bitcoin by issuing new regulations and influencing cryptocurrency prices, it doesn’t mean they can kill it".  The above quote is from the research information I got when I was trying to find out why world government is fighting crypto. Please read the full text here: https://www.ccn.com/fighting-bitcoin-cryptocurrency-trading-threat-government-policies/ and make your own contributions. It will help cool the nerves from the crypto dip we are experiencing recently. Happy reading. Thanks
i dont think that world government can kill crypto, then can manipulate it but i dont think that they can kill it. why? because even those who called “government” are studying about crypto, they are also using it to earn big money thays why they are manipulating it.

The government can't fully be banned cryptocurrency though they can do it on a certain coin like what other countries did to bitcoin.
some of the countries are having ICO, therefore they are not totally against cryptocurrency but bitcoin as this coin is not controlled by anyone and no government is gaining on this.
Yes, I think world government TRY to kill crypto. But it's can't possible.Bitcoin does not control by  any company or country.So try to destroy Bitcoin.The current barrier will affect the growth of Bitcoin.Nobody can destroy Bitcoin entirely.
bitor

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:12:37 AM

Govermants can't kill crypto, because a lot of they members are involve in cryptoworld and have their own billions of dollars in crypto. It is very usefull for them and they will keep it
pharaon

Activity: 753
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:22:58 AM

Without any doubt, the state can partially influence the crypto-currencies by regulation and prohibitions. But absolutely not all countries negatively regard them. For this reason, I am also confident that crypto currencies are the future, and in the future, popularity will only grow.
stan_

Activity: 196

Blockchain Pensions Infrastructure

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:27:27 AM

No it cannot, while people use crypto it cannot be killed. Cryto like spider web , all around the word and it cannot be closed or shutted down. So it will leave forever.

otunayode

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:40:05 AM

Even before become this popular, uncertainty has always be the nature of cryptocurrency trading and investing. There have been countless times where cryptocurrency market has experienced serious dive and concrete uncertainty and yet cryptocurrency never die. Government can not kill Cryptos they can only slow down it's adoption.

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P crypto exchange   ]      ▬▬▬▬    THE MOST ADVANCED P2P
                                      Telegram        Twitter                   CRYPTO EXCHANGE PLATFORM
                                                    Bitcointalk      Facebook            [   ◾◾◾ JOIN ICO      WHITEPAPER   ]
anizpk

Activity: 191
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:41:38 AM

Govts like US, China, India, South Korea etc are worried about losing control over the money as well as using cryptos for illegal activities. While few other countries found good side of the cryptos. Anyway the former countries trying to regulate cryptos as much as possible. I don't think any govt need to kill cryptos, but the panic in the market willcause some confusion in the market. I hope every thing will be fine in a couple of weeks or in  a month.

|  Shopin  |  Shopping Made Personal
››››  https://tokensale.shopin.com/  ‹‹‹‹
01BTC

Activity: 462
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:42:22 AM

throwout the history .. what was prohibited gained popularity and a big attraction .. they will not succed with this , the only solution will be to be a part of the wave and one day this will happen!!

mariayaz

Activity: 294
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:43:37 AM

Its simple as that, because govt cant get money from crypto if it doesnt get regulated, they are manipulating it but that's for sometime, they cant kill crypto. Digital currencies is a future

✦✦✦✦✦  ☸ SECURE - FAST - FAIR ☸  ✦✦✦✦✦   (https://www.bitgame.com/?trackCode=BITCOINTALK)
chocochild

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:53:11 AM

It cant as long as the world is concern crypto is a revolution and will help for the advancement of the world. regulations may be implemented but it can never destroy crypto.
Nana_Marini

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:57:12 AM

I think the government doesn't kill crypto because crypto support financial the state, but they have rule and we must respect them Smiley
tahmad

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:58:32 AM

Thanks for sharing.
I agree that goverment can't kill the cryptos, because this is decentralized and all over the world support this.
bimbie

Activity: 185
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:16:07 PM

Government can not kill Crypto because many people are patronizing it,they should kill all the supporters of the crypto before they can kill it.

▰▰▰   MODULE   ▰▰▰
▐▃ CRYPTOECONOMIC ECOSYSTEM ON A CLOUD STORAGE NETWORK ▃▌
https://modltoken.io/
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 98 »
  Print  

Jump to: