Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:40:35 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 98 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can world Government Kill Crypto?  (Read 6425 times)
paulo013

Activity: 195
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:07:58 PM

They can kill crypto in their country by blocking or stopping all crypto website exchanges. But they can't shutdown bitcoin at all. I see some reason why government doing this i think because of untreaceble illegal activities and they cant control how they can put taxes to those earning form crypto. here in my country government warns to invest carefully but no threat of shutting down  Smiley
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:21:44 PM

"Even after China’s ban on ICOs in Oct. 2017, Bitcoin didn’t give up. It came up stronger than ever increasing in value from $4,000+ in October to nearly $20,000 in Dec. 2017. Because centralized governments will always hold monopoly on the value of money, Bitcoin enthusiasts will never get to see cryptocurrency replace national currencies. Regardless, just because South Korea, China, the US and other countries can crush Bitcoin by issuing new regulations and influencing cryptocurrency prices, it doesn’t mean they can kill it."

I think that's a good way to look at it. Government can try to regulate exchange as they already do but they cannot completely crush crypto unless they shut down the internet.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Polonium

Activity: 123

PITCH – THE FUTURE OF OPPORTUNITY

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:02:38 PM

All regulations issued by the world government may have a temporary effect on cryptocurrency prices but that doesnt mean it can totally eliminate this new system, let us remember that all transactions happens online and there are so many networks that cryptocurrency can flow, the only way to kill crypto is to shutdown the internet itself, but that is inpossible to happen. I believe cryptocurrecies will survive these attacks and will emerged as victorious.

rbt

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:10:15 PM

"Regardless, just because South Korea, China, the US and other countries can crush Bitcoin by issuing new regulations and influencing cryptocurrency prices, it doesn’t mean they can kill it".  The above quote is from the research information I got when I was trying to find out why world government is fighting crypto. Please read the full text here: https://www.ccn.com/fighting-bitcoin-cryptocurrency-trading-threat-government-policies/ and make your own contributions. It will help cool the nerves from the crypto dip we are experiencing recently. Happy reading. Thanks

If they decided to go and seize all the wallets in exchanges they could because of KYC forms and tax and other government debts, then this could not actually kill crypto but it could certainly cripple it for a while. Blockchain technology isn't going anywhere but big brother can definitely make it very difficult for all of us involved in this game.
The governments can seize all the wallets from centralized exchanges, but they can`t touch the wallets from decentralized exchanges... and decentralized exchanges are the future. Governments can`t kill crypto, perhaps all they can do is delay mass adoption. Even if the market crush and speculators leave, there always will be some people who truly believe in this and also people for whom crypto is the only alternative. But my guess is governments will regulate this and will tax it like they do with everything else.
Barbolini

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:11:58 PM

No, no and no. Maybe some control is needed, otherwise it will be wild wild west.
But the whole point with crypto is to be decentralized. And governments don't like the decentralization.
I refuse to accept that people or governments can't change the whole system to enable crypto to be user friendly.
rehydrogenated

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:21:38 PM

World governments will do as much as they can to regulate and control crypto. But just like e internet, blockchain technology is impossible to stop.

One thing people don't realize is that the blockchain is also an amazing tool for Tracking transactions. I believe governments will ban together to make the ultimate tracking crypto. It will be the one world currency.
UchihaRukawa

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:36:18 PM

"Regardless, just because South Korea, China, the US and other countries can crush Bitcoin by issuing new regulations and influencing cryptocurrency prices, it doesn’t mean they can kill it".  The above quote is from the research information I got when I was trying to find out why world government is fighting crypto. Please read the full text here: https://www.ccn.com/fighting-bitcoin-cryptocurrency-trading-threat-government-policies/ and make your own contributions. It will help cool the nerves from the crypto dip we are experiencing recently. Happy reading. Thanks

I think if the world government will agree to stop the use of cryptocurrency then they could, but that is if they all agree to it, and I think that is the impossible thing here, for every government in the world to agree to one conclusion without anybody disagreeing. so for me, I believe government can only ban  in their crypto currency in their own country or state but they can never stop crypto currency world wide.

kram31

Activity: 791
Merit: 139

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:39:17 PM

YES they can. Especially if the cryptocurrency is from their country and they put banned on it then people have no choice but to stop it.
this is a sample that a government still control the power over its country and people of it. but, iF the government banned a coin not produce on its country, they can only stop its people on using it.
muncarisme

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:42:35 PM

World governments will do as much as they can to regulate and control crypto. But just like e internet, blockchain technology is impossible to stop.

One thing people don't realize is that the blockchain is also an amazing tool for Tracking transactions. I believe governments will ban together to make the ultimate tracking crypto. It will be the one world currency.

Yes agree,
they will control it. in accordance with the political and economic interests of the country
Xtra_Coin

Activity: 140

Blockchain Identity Verification

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:58:27 PM

Good article. I think that for many countries, crypto currency is just as profitable. Perhaps there is some sense in that that would introduce some restrictions - but against the background of the fact that this is a decentralized system - it already sounds silly.

lautantepi

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:48:34 PM

It is most likely that Herd follows the government and mass media, It has happened at the pre-November level around 2017 and will return to the level of July at this level. So basically we have lost a year's profit now, for all of us who hold faithfully to the money our coins and cryptoes.
jan.nicolas

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:52:42 PM

I think if they want to do this, they certainly can damage a very large part of the already created infrastructure of crypto world. But in general, the crypto currency can not be blocked, for one simple reason. They are decentralized, after all.
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:53:20 PM

Good read mate. I have read many articles of the same topic, and I am always intrigued by the steps and measures many governments are doing in hopes of controlling or regulating the cryptocurrency market. However, I think that, at the moment, many governments, even if they are doubtful or have qualms about the market, won't actually do anything to totally kill or ban it. It's because if they do that, then they can't exploit having income from the many ventures and benefits of the cryptocurrency market. They know it's a big business and banning it won't do them any good.

Rayner77

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:59:48 PM

I think world govts can stop further growth of cryptos by banning the businesses in their countries from accepting them. Investors and traders can still buy/sell, but what good is a coin if it does not function as a payment alternative?
10000BTC

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:02:33 PM

the government can slow its growth but they cannot kill it outright.

the more they try to kill it the more popular it becomes.
thats why they've adopted a smart way to regulate it to make some gains out of it.

crypto is bigger than any government.
Crypto_lion

Activity: 630
Merit: 11

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:05:42 PM

I don't think any government can completely kill the crypto.You can argue  that China is doing it but soon they will open it and hidden investment will always happen from Hong Kong . I feel that the governments are trying to delay it .One of the reason might be that when crypto currencies are fully in practice not necessarily the existing currencies it will be very difficult to keep black money and many politicians in third world countries would hate that.

I strongly believe that this is one of the main reason .What do you guys think ?

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████
Pivo
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:06:09 PM

How the "World government" can kill crypto? Create Grate Chinese Firewall everywhere? Or maybe disconnect everyone from the Internet? Stupid Idea
cabin

Activity: 604
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:24:44 PM

As had been submitted by initial posters, Government can not in any way kill Cryptocurrency functionality, because it is Decentralized, can only be manipulated one way or the other to crash possibly some out of the system. I have to submitt that even the so called government manipulation is restricted to the nation in which they are affected. This can not be applicable globally because of its abstractness[fiat], untraceable [anonimy][ and  Decentralisation.
thomas_kunkel

Activity: 95

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:25:38 PM

Well, for sure they are trying to. But the idea of crypto is that it's out of governmental control
parekoy

Activity: 168

HEALTHCARE BEYOND BARRIERS

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 01:26:11 PM

Nobody could kill or stop Bitcoin and Blockchain, nor governments and states or any organization or individual (hackers and Hijackers) could stop cryptocurrency.
Also, the world are now adapting blockchain and even giant companies are developing their own blockchain network in order to offer clients a better access and marketing advancements.
Even China couldn't stop Blockchain but they could only stop foreign blockchain access and prohibit their citizen on accessing blockchain but the rest of the world are countries are blockchain friendly.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 98 »
  Print  

Jump to: