Bitcoin Forum
August 20, 2024, 11:18:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we need regulations?  (Read 2857 times)
boynegro

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:28:02 PM

How do you guys think? Do we need regulations in the crypto world? Should only ICO be regulated or legit coins (not "security tokens") too? Can we implement regulations mechanisms in code so that corrupted governmental institutions couldn't manipulate the industry? Can we still have free market with governments' regulations across the world?

Please, share your thoughts. I'm a bit confused about what's happening right now.
Some days, I wonder if we could do it again. ... And we need a competent federal government—to ensure that our food is safe, our airplanes don't fly into each other, and our banks ...
yrrehc16

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:30:52 PM
Merited by Thymoty (1)

Regulation will be implemented on cryptocurrencies even we dont want. soon this will be a worldwide regulation.
We dont have the power to stop it as government really have the power and rights to do anything for the sake of its citizen.
If crypto will be over FIAT then gov't need to have tax on this as they need the budget for their country's development.
farhaan

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:32:24 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2018, 01:31:23 PM by farhaan

How do you guys think? Do we need regulations in the crypto world? Should only ICO be regulated or legit coins (not "security tokens") too? Can we implement regulations mechanisms in code so that corrupted governmental institutions couldn't manipulate the industry? Can we still have free market with governments' regulations across the world?

Please, share your thoughts. I'm a bit confused about what's happening right now.
Regulations are needed to avoid innocent people getting scammed since all cryptocurrencies are decentralized and there are no authorities to complain in case of scams. Regulation has helped Japan to turn in to a crypto country which has become an eye opener to other nations.Regulation would bring more people towards cryptos as people would be willing to trust it if government does not ban it.Without regulation, mass adoption would not be possible.

▄▄ ▀█▄▀█▄ ▄ ▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀  ███▀██▄▄▀
█████▀▀█ ██  ███ ██████▄▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄█ ██▌  ███▄▀██████▄▀
█████▀ ▀▄ ██▄  ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀
 ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▀▄ ▀██▄  ▀▀████████▐▌█
  ██████  ▀▄ ▀██▄▄   ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐▌█▀
   ▀██▀  ▄▄▀▀▄ ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ █▀▄
       ▄███▀  ▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▀ ▀▄
       ▀██▀  ▄███  ▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▄ █▄
            ▄███  ▐██▌ ██▌ █▄ ▀
              ▀   ███  ███  ▀
ONSTELLAR   ▄████▄▄
  █████  █▄
 ▐██████████▄▄
 ▐███████████▀█▄
 ██████▀▀▀▀████▀
 █████           ▄▄▄▄                        ▄▄▄
▐█████▌       ▄▄███████        ▄▄████▄      ▀▀███
███████      ███████████      ████████▌       ███
███████▌    ███████▀▀▀███    ▐████   ▀▀
████████   ▐██████▌    ▀▀     ▀▀▀
█████████  ███████
▐█████████   ▀▀▀▀
  ▀██████▀
FROM THE PARANORMAL TO THE METAPHYSICAL
THE WORLD'S FIRST SOCIAL NETWORK
WHERE THE UNEXPLAINED LIVES...

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄███████████████████▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████▄
█████████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▀█████████████████
████████████████
███████████████ ████████████████
▀██████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▄██████████████▀
▀▀▀██████████████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀▀▀
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
TELEGRAM
Jeepney_koh

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:33:16 PM

There is still free market around the corner. In terms of regulation, I think it is better to have one so that we can trace those scam ICOs and separate them from the legit ones. Cryptomarket and the cryptoworld should make heir own regulations so that the people involve in it will know he security measures and the things to do in order to separate it from the government.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢          Buddy          ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Development Automation Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢ token.buddy.works ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Vladv26

Activity: 321
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:43:49 PM

I dont understand what regulations are you talking about. If governments are going to put any regulations on ICO's and bitcoin they are surely going to add some taxes for the trading of cryptocurrencies wich is actually bad for us.

J A C K B I T   |   FreeSpins & FreeBets      Welcome Bonus     Rakeback VIP Club
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   C R Y P T O   C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S B O O K   ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
goribert

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:57:49 PM

I believe that regulations can be a good way to give credibility and confidence to a market that has lost it due to the large number of frauds that have been presented by individual impostors or even by failed projects (ICOs) that ultimately turned out to be scams. Therefore I am in favor of greater regulation in the field of cryptocurrencies.
Ondongeric18

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

https://i.imgur.com/Wl0rfMA.jpg

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:13:46 AM

Actually market is very free, but I agree with that we need regulations related to ico. I think such regulations will have a good effect on the market in the long term.

I also believe the same. Given the idea that there are those who created scams, the system then really needs regulations because this will create stability problems in the market. But I would prefer it to be run by a global private organization first so that it could not be directly affected by laws in each region thus creating confusion.

▐ ██████ ▌》    SONDER.VISION       《▐ ██████ ▌
HIGH-SECURE PAYMENT ALGORITHM FOR E-COMMERCE
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3066
Merit: 603

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:28:12 AM

Do we need regulations in the crypto world?
In the current situation that cryptocurrency is facing, I would say yes we need regulations. Governments are doing their own initiative to declare regulations so we are heading there and we have no choice but to follow it.
Should only ICO be regulated or legit coins (not "security tokens") too?
All crypto's.
Can we implement regulations mechanisms in code so that corrupted governmental institutions couldn't manipulate the industry?
Only officials has the authority to this.
Can we still have free market with governments' regulations across the world?
Yes.
The question will be is How?
Does could affect the number of investors involve in the crypto currency? Regulating our trades in not a problem. Its how the government could control our earning specially when it comes with the tax involve. I think the good benefit of it is the whole world can recognize the whale which we could prevent from pump and dump. I mage the scale of lost if they can still control this kind of big whale that could also destroy good platforms.
If you are only worried about the whales pumping and dumping its going to be a hard way of knowing on who they really are. Remember that someone that can get crypto's from buying and they can only say that it was stored years ago and they bought bitcoin when it was very cheap. They can reason to an unexpected one where they can avoid such reviewed from the government. You are asking how regulations how will give us a free market? In every market there's some sort of pump and dump.

Rent this sig space so that BTC goes to $100k.
Procopiogamscrypto

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:17:36 AM

I think regulation is one of the reason why crypto currencies suffered a big deep , every countries in which crypto payment had been accepted,create policy in order to regulate it's purpose and even the anonimity of the beholder is treaten to be identified , that is why it's a big no for me, although l have no choice but  to follow the government rule, so be it.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:25:34 AM

Yes we will still have the free market with regulations. When they say about the regulations then they literally mean that it’s use and the way it is exchanged should be regulated. On top of this, they also mean that every transaction should be taxed small or big doesn’t matter. This way they will give it format of fiat only which works almost the same manner but they will also keep it decentralised, the principle on which it works. Obviously if that one taken out then it will never work.
and i see this things more appropriate to do.for the government stops bugging this community.all the government needs is to have some share for every  profit that we are having,the taxation is required for every individual that is believing in their country.so lets wait what will the management and the mods about this
0t3p0t

Activity: 1652
Merit: 357

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 02:44:41 AM

I think it should be that ICO's has to be regulated for our investments safety since a lot of project these days turns out to be a scammy one so we need them to be regulated this time. For me it will also strengthen the market when there is a total regulation in crypto related business or investments but privacy issues will also errupt due to KYC's and anti-money laundering laws which also access personal details but still good for us. If we are talking about the word "free market with governments regulation" I don't think so because once crypto's are regulated taxes will also be automatically applied therefore it isn't free anymore. About codes I know nothing about it so better to leave that matter to experts.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
lukejoseph95

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:13:54 AM

No, that is ONE of the key factor why people are into it. We are not regulated that means we are not controlled by someone and no one wanted to be controlled in short, FREEDOM!
sheenshane
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1229

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 05:48:41 AM

Being regulated ICO's project is natural to avoiding on us in different abused may happen like scam or related with abusing from crypto currencies. It also good for us to make crypto world in balance to each other.
BUT, this regulations happen will have big effect on our markets, they already know when to dump and pump the coins they created.
Then we have no choice just obey the regulation that they imposed and they think that's it is good for us nor their own interest.
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:54:32 AM

Regulations is a must, cryptoworld will be more organize and appealing if there were regulations being implemented. I actually see the need for the government regulation, this will make cryptosystem move freely in a country. If Coins will be regulated, more people will surely take interest on engaging on cryptosystem. The trust rating and acceptance by the normal people will increase. Though, we dont really see yet the need, but it is going to be part of the track advancement of cryptosystem.

Regulations may complicate the system but it will help fix the ever growing number of  scammer and fake coins.
balintong15

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:58:33 AM

rules and regulations are very helpful in our society. without them, the world will become disoriented and full of chaos. they are the law that everyone should obey. they are powerful that if you disobeyed them, there is a punishment that is waiting for you. regulations are not just what we need, it must be wholeheartedly followed. they are very important in attaining peace and order. they are just and humane in the society. we should not just know the regulations but also we must follow them in order to have a good, peace and order society. a better world for us humans.
Arlibtchunt2018

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:26:22 AM

Regarding this matter only the higher ups could only answer. From my opinion I could only think that the best action that could cure this problem could be our own awareness and responsibility as investor and of a trader.

(((●   OPP OPEN WIFI   ●)))
●▬▬▬▬ JOIN THE LARGEST WIFI NETWORK IN THE WORLD ▬▬▬▬●
Palmholder

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:34:06 AM

I personally dont want someone to regulate and limit me, I fed up by it. I glad to see that our authorities are delaying the law implementation for years, it means I am free to do whatever I want in crypto field.
   How do may I want to pay taxes and beware to be punished in case they think I behave wrong? What if i will not be able to sell tokens in legal way because local legal services are not accepting it? They plan to limit ammount of money we will be allowed to invest to ICO to $900, what for I need it? I wish they will delay it for few years more

thiyabarawaththe.91

Activity: 226

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:57:40 AM

I think we need it.That means getting the unwanted bulwarks to match.It's good for crypt's future....
PalindromemordnilaP

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 07:31:31 AM

Though others will think that regulating cryptocurrencies is a pain in the a**, but it also good for the cryptocommunity so as to deter or prevent scammers to even think of fooling around.

onebtcforlife

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:39:25 AM

Regulations are needed to avoid innocent people getting scammed since all cryptocurrencies are decentralized and there are no authorities to complain in case of scams.

Exactly, governments will come up with a solution for the innocent people. Already we are seeing some potential ICO running today but they need to be regulated under the control of the government in order to be safe to our investment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: