Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:31:36 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we need regulations?  (Read 2847 times)
waskaplung

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:51:35 PM

Yes we will still have the free market with regulations. When they say about the regulations then they literally mean that it’s use and the way it is exchanged should be regulated. On top of this, they also mean that every transaction should be taxed small or big doesn’t matter. This way they will give it format of fiat only which works almost the same manner but they will also keep it decentralised, the principle on which it works. Obviously if that one taken out then it will never work.
Yes because. Government agencies are responsible for implementing and regulating policies. Such regulations are in place to ensure that the markets run effectively. They also aim to protect consumers through safety regulations.
Ha1o8

Activity: 20

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:57:52 PM

Crypta and so it is regulated. This happens according to the laws of the economy and this is natural. I would not want regulation to take place by politicians or interested persons.
Kriptex

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:59:11 PM

Yes we need them immediately. There are too many scammers and even some of the TGE are money stealers. This should be avoided by regulating the market and the field of the business, my understanding.
kingragnar

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:24:50 PM

I agree with this. It's good to have rules about it and nowadays that scammers are spreading continuously, especially in the crpyto world because of my money here. Can we still have free market with governments? I am opposed to this because the crpyto currency is a virtual money it does not hold much like fiat money many people lack knowledge about these cryptos. So the government will ignore this process
Kim Domingo

Activity: 208

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:33:09 PM

How do you guys think? Do we need regulations in the crypto world? Should only ICO be regulated or legit coins (not "security tokens") too? Can we implement regulations mechanisms in code so that corrupted governmental institutions couldn't manipulate the industry? Can we still have free market with governments' regulations across the world?

Please, share your thoughts. I'm a bit confused about what's happening right now.
I think we still do really need to implement regulations to control the too much consumption within the industry of cryptocurrency in a sense that it is need for security of the people who are into it and to prevent bad scenarios to happen like doing scam brought by being greedy of the people just to obtain higher amount for their own good. Even cryptocurrencies are made to be decentralized, I think it is still a must to have regulations for it.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:38:51 PM

We can't deny that we also need some form of insurance for theft, loss, or wallet issues. We also can't in peace and order if our govt doesn't have enough funding through taxes. I think some form of regulation is necessary.
The point is, regulations will bring loss to the digital market. Regulation of paper money is pretty fine and it is already happening. I think it should be enough. There is no need to treat crypto currencies in the same way. The idea of giving control to governments over digital asset is a bit irritating.

Let them stay the way they are and enjoy a little economic freedom.Indirectly, we are paying taxes for digital assets by using electricity and internet.
juragane

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:55:23 PM

How do you guys think? Do we need regulations in the crypto world? Should only ICO be regulated or legit coins (not "security tokens") too? Can we implement regulations mechanisms in code so that corrupted governmental institutions couldn't manipulate the industry? Can we still have free market with governments' regulations across the world?

Please, share your thoughts. I'm a bit confused about what's happening right now.

Of course not, bitcoin is a digital currency that can never be in anyone's hands so does not seem to need regulation for bitcoin anymore.

freo01

Activity: 93

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:40:08 PM

Everything has to be a regulations to avoid confusions and to limit such unavoidable errors in terms of trading so that we can achieve harmonious environment in cryptocurrency.
Naficopa

Activity: 2002
Merit: 516

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:01:36 PM

If these are wise regulations, I think that this may have a positive impact on the cryptocurrency market. Regulations that only hinder the use of crypto as governments try to do it now will not bring anything good.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:59:57 AM

My question is, do you want to be paying tax? When it starts being regulated, then we start paying tax for  using it. But from the way it was made, it won’t be possible for the government to charge users a tax. I know Bitcoin is not completely anonymous, but still, it will be difficult for the government to charge tax on it, cause it’s not quite possible. By the way, it is decentralized and is being used by the whole world, which puts the government completely hands-off from it. No government can control control or regulate Bitcoin.
Rossy Akbar

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:17:07 AM

One side we really need a regulation I think,  but sometimes you can't even trus the politician on the government where you can see too many of them can manipulated all the thing. But so far we don't need it, the thing is I don't trust in my governmant about btc regulation.
Ianbadz2000

Activity: 139

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:56:17 AM

Every now and then we need always a regulations in order to have a proper process or anything else because regulation intends to regulate what people are allowed to do, and I think that in crypto world we need a regulation to have a clearer transactions for all.
Iys true every transactions related to crypto money must have a certain rules for us to use it nicely and legally.,anything or every company has policies or rules, for us to follow and to prevent from perpetrators.
vieehart

Activity: 73

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:04:56 AM

As my opinion it is impotant to have a regulations in all the places or things that you will be going to be standby in any places for the people this could be a guide to day and or for them to have things to follow in somewhat way. It will helps us to avoid any confusing things to that particular thing or and it could be limit for ine person to be have a paticular thing to be followed this also be can control the consumptions of that area and be vey detaiiled also in making that regulations we should be always careful that very thing in control and we need to be care of what we put in that regulations that can be also followed and respect by the others this is very important for us its a absolutely correct to be part of the rules. This will be also helped us to not be manipulated in such things we should always be in a proper way it will also a guide for ourselves to be in a good and respect for the regulations of what that thing be in.
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:21:03 AM

Yes we really need regulations in the cryptocurrencies world and the regulation should come from the blockchains because allowing the government to regulate the crypto market that can result into total control of the market and at the end making it hard for full decentralization. The regulation should start from new ICOs because the existing ones are already doing fine.
crypt0heaven

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:10:34 AM

Yes we need regulation. this is only going to drive the space forward in a professional way.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:30:06 AM

Yes we need regulations but it can be centralized they can ruled out the bitcoin.But being discipline and secured by hackers or scammers are one of the reasons why we need to regulate.No to being tolerated by others but to be in legal in all terms.
It cannot be centralized. Exchanges are centralized quite alright, but the main tech is not. That does not change anything about bitcoin or any of the other decentralized digital currency. I can still buy a house from you and pay in bitcoin at the exchange price without even the government knowing unless I just want to declare that myself, which obviously is not an issue for me anyway.

My point however is that, decentralization is still in play, but that is not a big threat to the government at least for now, since fiat is still in play with the exchanges, but for all of us to tolerate ourselves like you mentioned, this is really necessary at least for now.
rolerVX

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:41:44 AM

Yes, regulation is a must in every activity. Because without regulation almost everything is destruction or destructive. There will be a huge disunity in every habits and groups of people, every country and every games.
obadia

Activity: 38
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:48:42 AM

Very interesting question to which the answer seems obvious:

We will see.

It will mostly depend on how the community will achieve free market on its own. By seeing how Ethereum has been created or how people dump money in monkey-business-ICOs, I sadly believe we will need some. Nevertheless let's analyze it:

The goal of crypto-currencies is to be a free-market, in the terms of the Mt Pelerin Society and other libertarian philosophers.

Actually crypto-currencies are VERY young with new players joining all the time. Despite various different theories we can estimate that free market is achieved when:

- No or very-low barrier to participate.
- Transparency in information.
- Freedom to bid and offer with free terms and conditions (spontaneous offer principle)
- Security of property
- No intervention (by governement or others, to the systems)

In order:
- No or very-low barrier to participate.
We are not there yet, there is an important knowledge barrier that is necessary to understand and use the crpytos (try asking your grand-ma to use it), also governemental bans make some transaction difficult or illegal. The legal and know-how cost to participate is, for now, really existant (i am not even speaking about the necessity of an internet connection and others). You can discard this point if you consider that the free market has only to apply to "traders" but not to the users.

- Transparency in information.
All the participants need to have similar information. While it is partially true for some cryptos, it is not the case at all in others. I think the market (in particular bitcoin) was there but it is not the case of the crypto-ecosystem in general.

- Spontaneous offer principle.
Yes, this is working well.

- Security of property.
Without going back to the smart contact hacks or Mt Gox, we can all agree that this is not the case at the moment. But efforts are going in the wright direction.

- No intervention.
We are very far from that! From Ethereum showing the hands-on capacity to fork to Miners federating coming in hard, we clearly see there are interventions.

Ultimately, some regulatory benchmarks or governance will be needed (but i hope not) to achieve the free market. Read about "Freer Markets, More Rules by Steven Vogel". He covers that pretty well.

trickee

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:00:26 AM

i think with or without regulations bitcoin is still go on.but for me in our country it is important to have this because law is made for the good of society and humanity,we follow it because it is right and done to get peace in one place ,one's own and everyone.well,if we follow rules it will avoid the fight and trouble even though we know we need to follow it but sometimes it is hard to follow this.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:06:00 AM

i think with or without regulations bitcoin is still go on.but for me in our country it is important to have this because law is made for the good of society and humanity,we follow it because it is right and done to get peace in one place ,one's own and everyone.well,if we follow rules it will avoid the fight and trouble even though we know we need to follow it but sometimes it is hard to follow this.
We cannot proceed for a long term run without regulation because regulation will balance things in our life and we really need it to stop unnecessary things to happen in this cryptocurrency world because we all know that the freedom here in our world which is about crypto is so big that we need some regulation to keep it organize.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: