Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:13:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we need regulations?  (Read 2844 times)
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:48:54 AM

How do you guys think? Do we need regulations in the crypto world? Should only ICO be regulated or legit coins (not "security tokens") too? Can we implement regulations mechanisms in code so that corrupted governmental institutions couldn't manipulate the industry? Can we still have free market with governments' regulations across the world?

Please, share your thoughts. I'm a bit confused about what's happening right now.

I believe that the crypto currency can not be fully controlled. Even if they control the conduct of the ICO, it is still possible for some scammers to raise money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:05:57 AM

How do you guys think? Do we need regulations in the crypto world? Should only ICO be regulated or legit coins (not "security tokens") too? Can we implement regulations mechanisms in code so that corrupted governmental institutions couldn't manipulate the industry? Can we still have free market with governments' regulations across the world?

Please, share your thoughts. I'm a bit confused about what's happening right now.
On the one, regulations would be good for both, ICOs and coins, but I don't get what kind of regulations can reduce governmental institutions. On the other hand, if we want cryprocurrencies to become legal, so that we can go shopping anywhere using Bitcoins we would have to grin and bear govs implementations. But here comes the question: what point and uncommonness about cryptos would be then?
romanovst

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:13:06 AM

If there are regulations, prices will stabilize. This means that you will not see massive drops like 20-30% in a day. This also means that you will not see so much profit which will make it very much like shares/stocks. If you ask my opinion, I am in favor of regulations as it will make the investments safer.
RudeeTam

Activity: 299
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:25:02 AM

Regulations will happen whether we like it or not. But it would still be better than getting scammed out of millions where you don't know where you're money went. It better if we let the government have some control on crypto so that we are protected in some way.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
Umar001

Activity: 308
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:46:33 AM

Yes offcaus, bitcoin need to be regulate, to be accepted globally, regulation of bitcoin will bring public confident, and cub scammers from the system, but regulation should be more flexible so that bitcoin would not lost it uniqueness.
onebtcforlife

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:53:02 AM

I believe that the crypto currency can not be fully controlled. Even if they control the conduct of the ICO, it is still possible for some scammers to raise money.

Yes, if they manage legal crypto means definitely there is the possibility of scamming the people is very less but not only in crypto people are scamming in outside by cheating people, by hacking the bank accounts.
Jessy Mediola

Activity: 340
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:59:50 AM

Of course we need that, it serves us our guidelines in every actions we are taking. And I believw, in every business like this which is very popular needs regulations to avoid such waste, to be secure and also to manage it well. Maybe , crypto cannot be controlled but it can lessen the mistakes particularly being scammed. And to sum it all, yes I nelievw that bitcoin need regulate to manage it well.

DRIFE      Pre-sale: December 2018
████ BNEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ████
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:19:40 PM

Every now and then we need always a regulations in order to have a proper process or anything else because regulation intends to regulate what people are allowed to do, and I think that in crypto world we need a regulation to have a clearer transactions for all.
This is right because rules and regulation is the most important in order to make the system polished and no conflict problems in terms of integrating crypto world transactions.This is the reason why bitcointalk.org will grow because of how regulation implemented by the moderators and the powered team to control the every bitcoiners like us.We should give respect and salute what bitcoins can do to make us unite and change us not only our wealthy lifestyle but also our personality to make a better person.
Taner

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:20:31 PM

In my opinion, regulation is not necessary, as this will limit opportunities for earnings. But there is no escape from regulation, it will be the policy of any civilized state.
Wintersoldier

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:27:35 PM

Yes we will still have the free market with regulations. When they say about the regulations then they literally mean that it’s use and the way it is exchanged should be regulated. On top of this, they also mean that every transaction should be taxed small or big doesn’t matter. This way they will give it format of fiat only which works almost the same manner but they will also keep it decentralised, the principle on which it works. Obviously if that one taken out then it will never work.
Probably, in due time, regulations would be implemented by some government regarding the use and coverage of bitcoin. That would perhaps include taxation and control. But, There is nothing to worry, Since bitcoin is now so popular and really making its mark to the market. Government will keep it fare and square on whatever move they will be doing on bitcoin.
MIZANUR5033

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:48:16 PM

There are many risks available on online trading. Though many people have made their living by dealing with it there are also some people who have loosen much much money by dealing with it cause of the unregulated system of it. I think we need regulation to make us more secure in this system and if it happens then many people will improve their way of dealing.

I think there are many disadvantages are available in crypto world but if we get some regulation then our dealing will more comfortable and can get more profit from this system. People of all over the world are knowing and starting deal with it so that these type of work is growing up so that some regulation is must need to run it correctly.
bib24

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:47:14 PM

I think we do, regulations are guidelines to make everything in order.

zomgmike

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 07:54:27 PM

The free hand of the market is all that bitcoin needs for regulation.
Dannaey

Activity: 468

Experience the Future of DeFi

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:16:36 PM

If government regulates ICOs and our cryptocurrencies, then the very essence of decentralization is being useless. I know the fact that regulations by the government help us investors to avoid being scam. But it will also prohibits us if we want to invest in a good project yet we can't. If this happen, then we are just the same as what we have used to. Authority may have the control.

smith136

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:59:57 PM

yes we need regulations because there is uncertainty going around, remember the case of china? many ICO there that happened before are just complete scam and fraud that's why they ban trading of cryptocurrency there, i don't know what's happening right now or how people can trade there but i'm pretty sure these regulations are made to protect us from those scammers.

luckylucy123

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:18:37 AM

Yes, if they manage legal crypto means definitely there is the possibility of scamming the people is very less but not only in crypto people are scamming in outside by cheating people, by hacking the bank accounts.
Having a legal framework around bitcoin and the ICO world can only be a good thing. It will bring in people whom have no use for bitcoin at the moment
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:34:55 AM

Actually market is very free, but I agree with that we need regulations related to ico. I think such regulations will have a good effect on the market in the long term.

As for ICOs, yes, the regulations will protect us from scammers and dishonest people with their fraud projects. However I am not sure still that the regulations of crypto are needed as well.
I do not like the idea of regulations but the icos have been so out of control and there have been so many scams that I can understand why regulators felt the need to step in, so this is a case of the scammers ruining the party for everyone like they always do, it is funny if they were not a bunch of greedy people they may have been able to get away with it for longer but since they do not care about the future and only care about getting money they have created this toxic environment.
katrimans

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:57:48 AM

At least we need some regulations to protect ourselves from scammers and the so called "exit scams". We do not need any regulation to prevent people from investing their money as they wish.

Do we need governmental ICO regulations or could there be any market-driven forces that prevent the very existence of scammers? Could we implement regulations on blockchain or any other decentralized technology and get rid of incompetent governments? I mean could we have the rules in code so that nobody could violate them?
Having a global eye on the cryptocurrency, some governments are banning it some are ready to accept it as their transactions on a higher level. People are not yet confirm whether they have made a right decision to invest in biotin, companies like eBay are accepting it.

I mean there is a chaos everywhere. We need to formulate a consistent and functional policy regarding the implementation and acceptance of bitcoin so there people interested to work in the field of bitcoin are free from any kind of insecurities regarding bitcoin.
owlman

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 10:48:16 AM

This is really an important issue, requiring special attention. It will be better if countries will be positive about crypto-currencies and introduce new technologies in some sectors, rather than prohibit and control them. But at the same time, there is a risk and responsibility lies only on us.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
stepwilli

Activity: 1042
Merit: 273

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:29:52 AM

Yes, because every organization had regulations to be followed by its members. Then, the members should follow and respect it.
No, I don’t support the idea of Bitcoin being regulated. Bitcoin being regulated means giving the government the chance to get in and take full control over what you have suffering to build all these years, so I say NO WAY. The funny part is that if it starts being regulated, you will start seeing government officials posting rubbish in the forum and even take over the forum, lol. I don’t want it to be regulated, cause I don’t want the government here, they are evil and criminals. They are free to regulate the money in my bank account, but as for my Bitcoin, no way.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: