Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:27:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we need regulations?  (Read 2844 times)
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:12:29 PM

How do you guys think? Do we need regulations in the crypto world? Should only ICO be regulated or legit coins (not "security tokens") too? Can we implement regulations mechanisms in code so that corrupted governmental institutions couldn't manipulate the industry? Can we still have free market with governments' regulations across the world?

Please, share your thoughts. I'm a bit confused about what's happening right now.

No, we don't need it but I'm afraid it was necessary. Some of the users use it for illegal purposes some are using it to evade taxes, we all know it was people currency and people friendly, but not all are positive, bitcoin can create a negative effect in the economic system of one country if lots of people engage on bitcoin it will affect the banking system because banks need investment but instead people are investing at BTC if bank lost its profit the economy is also affected.
It seems human actually need being controlled. This would not have been necessary but if we look at the side effects of not being regulated, this may actually end up destroying the crypto space before we even start. I am not a fan of regulation but recently, I just cannot come to terms that it is not necessary. Also, being regulated does not affect decentralization, as it all balls down to exchanges, and exchange between fiat and cryptocurrencies.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rose9696

Activity: 770
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:29:07 PM

How do you guys think? Do we need regulations in the crypto world? Should only ICO be regulated or legit coins (not "security tokens") too? Can we implement regulations mechanisms in code so that corrupted governmental institutions couldn't manipulate the industry? Can we still have free market with governments' regulations across the world?

Please, share your thoughts. I'm a bit confused about what's happening right now.

No, we don't need it but I'm afraid it was necessary. Some of the users use it for illegal purposes some are using it to evade taxes, we all know it was people currency and people friendly, but not all are positive, bitcoin can create a negative effect in the economic system of one country if lots of people engage on bitcoin it will affect the banking system because banks need investment but instead people are investing at BTC if bank lost its profit the economy is also affected.
It seems human actually need being controlled. This would not have been necessary but if we look at the side effects of not being regulated, this may actually end up destroying the crypto space before we even start. I am not a fan of regulation but recently, I just cannot come to terms that it is not necessary. Also, being regulated does not affect decentralization, as it all balls down to exchanges, and exchange between fiat and cryptocurrencies.
OK, any environment that requires regulation to survive long. Like our society, we need legislation to treat each other fairly and help the country grow.
I look forward to a future set of rules and hopefully it will be reasonable for everyone involved in the crypto market.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
donpepot

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:45:11 PM

Crypta and so it is regulated. This happens according to the laws of the economy and this is natural. I would not want regulation to take place by politicians or interested persons.
Of course we need regulations, without regulations our country will be a big mess. We need regulations to follow the rules and to keep safe in our own country.
Ngewex Yuk

Activity: 1190
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:08:05 PM

With a huge marketcap, it's time for all countries to regulate with cryptocurrency, if this is allowed then I'm afraid that more and more scammers are making cryptocurrency or ICO, and even the many scammers who wait a long time to make their tricks look perfect.

TIME
TO
SLEEP
Gulayman

Activity: 173

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:21:38 PM

I think it is good to have an regulation in the ICO. Because the investors will have a protection. And many tokens will likely be classified as securities in some jurisdictions. This makes mandatory disclosure requirements applicable to token offerings. Mandatory disclosure gives investors more information to try to rationally base their decisions on.
Batang Hambog

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:00:08 PM

Yes, every business must have regulation in order to manage it well and it will be more secure if rules are implemented.  If btc have their own rules, the users as well as investors will be more comfortable in doing their business because they will not be afraid to get hack or scam. The managers, moderators will be in charge on kicking those scammers and hackers who entered btc.
Savemore

Activity: 952
Merit: 274

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:04:12 PM

Our society really needs regulations about cryptocurrency. There are many people who losing their money because of many scam project all over the internet. The greediness of the people to earn money is keep increasing. The government should have regulations about cryptocurrency.
Bitcoinjheta

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:08:23 PM

Yes, every business must have regulation in order to manage it well and it will be more secure if rules are implemented.  If btc have their own rules, the users as well as investors will be more comfortable in doing their business because they will not be afraid to get hack or scam. The managers, moderators will be in charge on kicking those scammers and hackers who entered btc.

Regulation is really necessary to maintain peace and order of any institution or state. In the case of cryptocurrency especifically in bitcoin, it would be helpful to strengthen its regulation so as to avoid scammers and hackers that will ruin the hardwork of those who does the job with sincerity and of good faith.
SamRobsondd

Activity: 50

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:19:52 PM

I dont think so. whole concept of crypto is to being anonymous
bajigur894784

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:21:42 PM

Bitcoin and cryptocurrency does not need regulation to survive or develop. The central government does provide bitcoin regulation. This is done because they want to monitor cryptocurrency markets rather than letting the market operate in underground or hidden markets, that are significantly more difficult to regulate by government.
gaurav@zup

Activity: 38
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:29:42 PM

Yes we need regulations in crypto community and this has to be done by us and not by any government body ... self regulatory communities are being formed such as https://icogovernance.org/ all we need to do is be a part of their mission.
khayecee13

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:31:24 PM

I think yes.
We need regulation and compliance.
We must have rules and regulation that will set the boundaries of how we transact and compliance in which we comply wuth the rules set by the government.
ProofOfLambo

Activity: 238
Merit: 9

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:40:29 PM

The best way of focusing on this question is to try to self-regulate the sector, for example a voluntary "exam" by trusted thrid parties for ICOs and crypto products.
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 09:08:45 PM

Well i believe that ICO should be regulated in other to protect investors from scammer from running away with people's investment capital. And not to regulate Bitcoin and other altcoins activities that will grow it's existence. Or the purpose for which they were created.
bluered

Activity: 176

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:33:56 PM

Every now and then we need always a regulations in order to have a proper process or anything else because regulation intends to regulate what people are allowed to do, and I think that in crypto world we need a regulation to have a clearer transactions for all.

Yes you are right if there is no regulation the is no organize bounties, regulations helps bitcoin users to know the process and to know the rules in it. Regulations help everyone to in order, even a country without regulation, is so wrong everybody would be right snd no one will follow a leader. There will be no peace in order in a country, as we consider bitcoin user is one community where there is in need of rules and regulation to have a process flow smoothly.

●    D A F Z O    ●   A DECENTRALIZED GLOBAL P2P LOGISTICS PLATFORM   ●    D A F Z O    ●
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   CONTRIBUTE in PRIVATE SALE OFFERING 50% BONUS   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TelegramFacebookTwitterWhitePaperANNOnePagerYoutubeMediumLinkedIn
abayan

Activity: 686
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:57:10 PM

I think we need a regulation because they are many hackers and scammers here. So we need to kick them out, they can't get a victim that has no knowledge on this forum.

Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies were able to survive even without those regulations. But yes, safety wise, it is important to have regulation as long as the right institution will be the one to formulate and if the regulation to formulate will benefit the users/investors/ traders.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄           ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
Pakwan12

Activity: 119

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:57:27 PM

Yes we need regulation to prevent employers from taking advantage of employees by forcing them to work above and beyond that which consider reasonable or those state in their contracts of employment.
muhammad-adnanzain

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:12:18 PM

Absolutely yes we need it.  Regulations are for protect user who use it, because is nature humans are use vulnerability of a systems to generate profit.
Laokong

Activity: 118

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:55:23 AM

How do you guys think? Do we need regulations in the crypto world? Should only ICO be regulated or legit coins (not "security tokens") too? Can we implement regulations mechanisms in code so that corrupted governmental institutions couldn't manipulate the industry? Can we still have free market with governments' regulations across the world?Every now and then we need always regulations in order to have a proper process or anything else because entends to regulate what will hsppened.

Bondho Kompeni

Activity: 507
Merit: 250

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:03:33 PM

With a very large marketcap it's time to have an international regulation of bitcoin and cryptocurrency, this is to avoid scam projects or exchanges so as not to harm the user.

▄
                 ▄██▄
              ▄█████▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄█████▀█████▄
       █████▀░░▀█████
        ▀██▀░▄█▄░▀██▀
                █████
        ▄██▄░▀█▀░▄██▄
       █████▄░░▄█████
        ▀█████▄█████▀
           ▀████████▀
              ▀█████▀
                 ▀██▀
                    ▀
AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: