Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:06:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we need regulations?  (Read 2849 times)
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:47:30 PM

How do you guys think? Do we need regulations in the crypto world? Should only ICO be regulated or legit coins (not "security tokens") too? Can we implement regulations mechanisms in code so that corrupted governmental institutions couldn't manipulate the industry? Can we still have free market with governments' regulations across the world?

Please, share your thoughts. I'm a bit confused about what's happening right now.

Regulation is very important so that there is always ruling on every process to maintain the order because if a certain thing did not regulated it might create a huge problem in the future in which it may result more risks to the individuals. Like crypto currencies it should be regulated so that it cant be use in illegal activities that may ruin the country and put its citizen at risk.
syamster

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:30:17 PM

I think we need a regulation because they are many hackers and scammers here. So we need to kick them out, they can't get a victim that has no knowledge on this forum.
Yes it is very important to be aware of all hackers and scamming sites, as it is good to follow the sets of government as the regulation of bitcoin will help to keep the specific standard of bitcoin and protect the investors to invest in case of any kinda hacking and scamming. In case of regulation of bitcoin I think it will be good and easy to prevent the fraud and scamming it will also help users to know what it crypto and people will find it more secure to invest anytime and any crypto currency.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
buytheeffinD

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 06:02:30 PM

While we don't want regulation we want to also be careful we don't get too much regulation because that could put a halt on innovation, and we certainly don't want that. Other than that they can regulate any way they choose (because they will) but I just hope they don't do tons of KYC AML stuff because that is a hack disaster waiting to happen. Unfortunately, it already looks like they are going this route, we may be helpless in that regard..

thycrypto

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:06:45 PM

Eventually, I think whether we need it or not they will come. The will change the market. We will also see how the market reacts to the regulations and if there will be another way around which I think they would try to do something of the sort since it was made to be deregulated

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
natka

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:14:03 PM

How do you guys think? Do we need regulations in the crypto world? Should only ICO be regulated or legit coins (not "security tokens") too? Can we implement regulations mechanisms in code so that corrupted governmental institutions couldn't manipulate the industry? Can we still have free market with governments' regulations across the world?

Please, share your thoughts. I'm a bit confused about what's happening right now.
  rules are needed always and everywhere. If there are no rules then there will be no order. There will be complete chaos. The rules are mandatory.
crypt0heaven

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:45:16 PM

its not a question of if we need it but rather when is it coming. The answer is, regulation is approaching fast, there is a lot of regulatory frameworks in the world which already outline these rules. They will be followed and built upon.
BlackBoxRecords

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

Pool of Stake

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:10:37 PM

its not a question of if we need it but rather when is it coming. The answer is, regulation is approaching fast, there is a lot of regulatory frameworks in the world which already outline these rules. They will be followed and built upon.

The best sectors are those in which the incumbents are able to self-regulate their activities. I think there is at least one initiative in the United Kingdom to have a common framework.

█ ▌ We have created a Pool for Proof of Stake Blockchains  ▐ █
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ POOL OF STAKE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 ⮜⮜ LINKEDIN ⮞⮞ BITCOINTALK ⮞⮞ MEDIUM ⮞⮞ TWITTER ⮞⮞ FACEBOOK ⮞⮞ TELEGRAM ⮞⮞
Andrej Peiboski

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:13:22 PM

As anything really new, and that works on global level, it's difficult to be regulated by a single country, because it needs a superior authority.
May be you remember how free was internet twenty years ago, you could do anything and not be caught.
Now, anything is under control.
This will probably happen with cryptocurrencies.

soso23

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 08:41:37 PM

regulation could be good for it, but if regulations will be created at some point they should be created by the users not buy a person, a group or the government.
Cryptophorus Columbus

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:27:14 PM

Well, not really. May be we need some kind of regulation about how to change bitcoin with fiat money, and eventually some transparency rules about ICO.
But the cryptoworld is already regulated by the open source software, so there is no need of any external intervention.
Glaseseye

Activity: 88
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:50:43 AM

I think what we need is some rules because here are so many hackers and scammers diforum this. So what we need is just to kick them out with the rules, they also will not be able to get victims again, for beginners who do not have knowledge about this forum.
It's important to know all the hackers and sites that cheat when you're a beginner, because with good rules it can also follow government regulations because bitcoin regulations will always help maintain the specific standards of bitcoin itself and protect investors investing if there is a problem. I hope it will be nice and easy to prevent some cheats and fraud will also be able to help beginners to know the crypto world and people will feel safer and better to invest anytime with any crypto currency.
thomas41546

Activity: 43

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:17:24 AM

I totally agree that we need some form of regulation and that it is important that all users follow a set standard of rules for everyone's benefit.
zhangxie29152784

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 02:24:35 AM

We need regulation, we need to regulate ICO, there are a lot of scams.

And their regulation will help us keep the bitcoin community clean and not abuse bitcoin.
Majharul Saiif

Activity: 512

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:26:20 AM

Yes,I always try to maintain regularity because of some reasons. You can called it as a maintain of daily routine or diary. I think,to discovery something or to do something new, we all have to maintain regularity. By maintaining regularity, you will able to achieve many things which you want.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Kodok Bencot

Activity: 994
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:51:43 AM

With a very large marketcap it's time to have an international regulation of bitcoin and cryptocurrency, this is to avoid scam projects or exchanges so as not to harm the user.
Yes true, with a very large marketcap then it's time the country cares about this, if this is allowed to continue it will be bad and more and more people use bitcoin or exchanges for scam.
Zachwolf

Activity: 121

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:20:54 AM

Of course we need regulations, there are a lot of scams out there. But those have to be regulations and not manipulations..

Regulation is a one way of disciplining people so that they know what is right and wrong thats why we need regulation to minimize the crimes or any kind of crimes happen in the country.
Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:49:19 AM

The ability to buy and sell the cryptocurrency and cash out money for people should not be limited, but it is beneficial to the country. But the industry of ICO is worth adjusting, a lot of scams and scammers, that need to regulate.
We cannot even expect each country to stay quiet on regulation as long as fiat is still involved and as long as we cannot discard the availability of fiat in the system. The governments have a lot to gain, so at the end, it is a win win. We get the freedom of keeping our funds without having to put it in the bank, we can transfer between peers and still have nothing to do with the government and if need be to change to fiat, we should really have no problem with regulation.
YoungMaster

Activity: 462

MYCRYPTOBANK.IO

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:36:00 PM

some people said that cryptocurrency needs a regulation because it will help to reduce the risk of cyber-crime such as scams. but I think the regulation could make cryptocurrency no longer privacy.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
rsbriggs

Activity: 427

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:09:06 PM

I can support regulation from Builders of Bitcoin which shall make the Cryptoworld more safer and dependent upon, but I do not support regulation from any form of Government, any way this shall be difficult , since Bitcoin itself is Decentralized.
Lwtelencio

Activity: 253

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:17:27 PM

Yes much better that we need the regulation in crypto for the sake of safety and to prevent cryptocurrency abuse and control the scammers, and also  we need regulatory framework for crypto to prevent manipulating the system.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: