Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:14:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What we need to check before investing in ico?  (Read 1505 times)
orka39 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:30:29 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2018, 03:30:54 AM by orka39
Merited by Bukx (4), desi92 (2), wagi (2), sucix (2), Cnut237 (1), khufuking (1), yanto@1977 (1), magz (1), Man21 (1)

Hello everybody,

I know mostly people here know what they need to do before investing in any ico but there are still many people ask the same question in different thread specially newbie. They get the answer but in several post which maybe make them a little confusing.

I am not an expert but i could put what i know here. All i know is from reading here in the forum.

Well just start, everything you need to research and make sure before investing in ico project wheater the ico has :

* working product
* Unique or good idea/solution for existing problem or future problem.
* Strong team behind the project
* Strong planning and marketing ability
* Partnerships with reputed company
* good whitepaper and roadmap too
* experience advisor

Edited :
* make sure the idea is different with the exist ico or the old project
* check the supply of the token because it cause the price run

From all mention above, i have 1 thing that is most important in my opinion. That is  ico should have working product because working product can lead the ico would be success ( not 100% success but mostly success ).
Maybe this thread will help you to find working product ico : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2451482.0

After you do research about above things, you can check the rating and other detail in below website :

* Icobench.com
* Icorating.com
* Icobazaar.com
* Icoscanner.io

Other source to check popularity of the project is youtube and also this forum.

I know its not complete but i hope it can help member who need it.

Note : your suggestion is appreciate to add the detail above.

Thank you

Edit :

* this is the other suggestion, i know some of them is already mention above but i think this is good to add it here. Thanks

These 5 Things You Must Know Before Investing in an ICO
1 - Is it a Copy Cat, an Incremental Improvement, or Disruptive Tech?
2 - How detailed is the plan? What is the road map?
3 - How developed is the technology?
4 - Who comprises the Team and Advisory board?
5 - Do they really need to raise Why?

What should I do to participate in the ICO?

Very responsible approach to the selection of the project.
To study all possible information on the project.
To communicate with other potential investors at the forums, where information on the project is published.
If knowledge is allowed, then study the project code and its business model.
Assess the risks of investing.

Check for:

- Realistic goals
- Good tech
- Good trustworthy, preferably known dev team

The existing product note is important because we can see a lot of projects which did raise a lot of funds but after that their token price is dropping like boobs with age.

I agree on OPs list but i would like to add some more.
1) Idea explanation. It is very important that the project can explain their idea in simple way. If they cannot do it ,they are over complicating things which is one of the reasons why startups fail or they just dont care about the idea and project. KEEP IT Stupid simple.

2) Look for their attitude towards details and graphic design in their project webpage, telegram , bounty and ann thread. it does show that they care about their project.

3) Country. I dont want to induce nationalist discussion. But country / region matters. Economy and regulations differ in regions.

4) In some cases projects already have raised some momey in different way which could be a good indicator . For example IcoPass has managed to attract money from " Horizon 2020" which is not a easy thing to do. In most cases this one will be similar to " existing product" criteria .

The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
makerst

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:34:24 AM

Before investing, I always look at the team and try to find some kind of information about what all these developers have already done and if their profile on linkedIn was created a couple of days ago. And because I'm already going to their site and see what the attendance of their site is for the day. If the attendance is really big and everything is done as it should, then I go to read the white paper and estimate the project
orka39 (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:41:44 AM

Before investing, I always look at the team and try to find some kind of information about what all these developers have already done and if their profile on linkedIn was created a couple of days ago. And because I'm already going to their site and see what the attendance of their site is for the day. If the attendance is really big and everything is done as it should, then I go to read the white paper and estimate the project

Its good idea to check the attendance of the website.
It means you check thier popularity through website. Interesting.
May i know how to check the attendance in website?
Thanks

Bukx

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:49:16 AM

Thats enough to do before investing in crowdsale.
All research is not 100% guarantee will make us profit at the end but its better than blind invest to them.
RodneyKings

Activity: 213
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:55:53 AM

Good tip. I was planning to join an ICO this month but I have yet to check their whitepaper first. Will check the profiles of the team also if they are really worth investing as someone told me that 90% of ICOs are for the benefit of the company only. We really need to be careful investing our hard earned money.
konfuci

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:10:35 AM

How will it be giving earnings? when and where. how to transfer and get the money in hand. It's future aims and success possibilities.
orka39 (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:39:41 AM

How will it be giving earnings? when and where. how to transfer and get the money in hand. It's future aims and success possibilities.

It will not giving you money or earning from what you invest in the project.
You will get the profit from the price growing after hitting the market. So thats why choosing the right ico is very important.

Man21

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:30:20 AM

I check their working product too. Wheater alpha or beta version or better to join ico if they are exist company for longer.
Sometime i check in icorating but most of my investment is regarding my friend opinion. My friend have more experience to check wheater the ico worth or not.
Starting now, i need to learn this and try to decide by myself. Thanks
Duzenn

Activity: 252

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:38:38 AM

Most of the time you can check out the code for this new ICO project at gtihub.
Because no matter how good the white paper and the technical route, we can see everything from the open source code.

kolbalish

Activity: 627
Merit: 14

Crypto Article Sharer!!!

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:38:47 AM

Yes ,those are correct and you need to check those before investing in ICO.I think reading Whitepaper carefully is also be needed in this respect.I think,by following this idea,everyone can be benefited by investing in ICO and that's enough for before investing.

sergey345

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:47:41 AM

is there a particular way to figure out which ICO is a scam? a friend of mine invested recently and his money gone in a black hole  Grin
JioMoney

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:52:45 AM

Whitepaper,roadmap. team details, price , supply & website
Newboybb

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:54:41 AM

First, it is necessary to look closely at the white paper and the technical route.
Second, see if the team has a bad record (Google is a good tool)
Third, the popularity of the ICO project (the number of telegram groups)

CaterpillarRave

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:15:23 AM

There are some things to check before investing in ICO. See what the product of the project is. See development team. See the investor. And finally, its community. These are the key to the success of a project
mariaana

Activity: 399
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:06:34 AM

A well defined checklist as I look at it.  Truly investing in ICO is not an easy decision because our mind is always set to protect, preserve and gain wealth. I may add that we need to understand the economics of the project and knowing the people behind it.  Checking on their roadmap by focusing on how they are going to allocate their funds.  Try not to be seduce by the possibility of a huge potential pay off.  Try to find out too if they have made a step in making their project be accredited by stable institutions.  And lastly, I love projects that have a heart.
ccsang

Activity: 910

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:12:13 AM

Thank for your tips , I'll check that ico in ICObazaar and icobench , after that check their social media account such as reddit / facebook / twitter , check their presale goal and project whitepaper , I'll safe to invest if all of them is fine and project is less competitor , sometime I'll wait for them list in exchange, I can buy token lower than ico price
macchiato

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:24:07 AM

Well said. It is important to know these basic tips before plunging into an ICO. This will help first-time investors to avoid being scammed. Choosing an ICO to invest in is extremely difficult to those who are not experts. It takes time and a lot of practice to master detecting fraudulent ICOs.

Peanland

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:24:21 AM

good note. The only thing I would add is the presence of the referral system as an additional advantage of the project
Dany44

Activity: 290
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:11:21 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2018, 12:08:05 PM by Dany44

MVP is also a reliable characteristic

★★★★★★★★  The Fastest Crypto News. ★★★★★★★★
u.today
Join Telegram Channel
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:12:43 AM

good note. The only thing I would add is the presence of the referral system as an additional advantage of the project
What's so important about having that? I would avoid that because that means they will be giving out more money on the regular.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print