Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:15:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What we need to check before investing in ico?  (Read 1508 times)
ac2eugenio

Activity: 275
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:17:43 AM

Hello everybody,

I know mostly people here know what they need to do before investing in any ico but there are still many people ask the same question in different thread specially newbie. They get the answer but in several post which maybe make them a little confusing.

I am not an expert but i could put what i know here. All i know is from reading here in the forum.

Well just start, everything you need to research and make sure before investing in ico project wheater the ico has :

* working product
* Unique or good idea/solution for existing problem or future problem.
* Strong team behind the project
* Strong planning and marketing ability
* Partnerships with reputed company
* good whitepaper and roadmap too
* experience advisor

From all mention above, i have 1 thing that is most important in my opinion. That is  ico should have working product because working product can lead the ico would be success ( not 100% success but mostly success ).
Maybe this thread will help you to find working product ico : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2451482.0

After you do research about above things, you can check the rating and other detail in below website :

* Icobench.com
* Icorating.com
* Icobazaar.com
* Icoscanner.io

Other source to check popularity of the project is youtube and also this forum.

I know its not complete but i hope it can help member who need it.

Note : your suggestion is appreciate to add the detail above.

Thank you
You should the total supply of coin,because it will give you an idea how much time do you need to wait for you to get your desired gains from an ICO.Investing in an ICO needs a lot of research before getting involve in any of these because nowadays ICOs are being created just to raise funds,then you will be just suprised that your investment is all gone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sartrute

Activity: 522
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:31:44 AM

The most important thing is to study the team. If these are real people with real experience, then this is a good project. All other indicators can be faked or bought for money.

Braydean

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:48:26 AM

Hello everybody,

I know mostly people here know what they need to do before investing in any ico but there are still many people ask the same question in different thread specially newbie. They get the answer but in several post which maybe make them a little confusing.

I am not an expert but i could put what i know here. All i know is from reading here in the forum.

Well just start, everything you need to research and make sure before investing in ico project wheater the ico has :

* working product
* experience advisor

From all mention above, i have 1 thing that is most important in my opinion. That is  ico should have working product because working product can lead the ico would be success ( not 100% success but mostly success ).
Maybe this thread will help you to find working product ico : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2451482.0

After you do research about above things, you can check the rating and other detail in below website :

* Icobench.com
* Icorating.com
* Icobazaar.com
* Icoscanner.io

Thank you

If you are looking a good ICO before to invest all you need to do is to check their whitepaper first. all information about the project are in the whitepaper.
the second  is examine the introductions of the project it well tell you about the project and why is it necessary. make sure you read carefully to get the context of the ICO  ideas.to understand an ICO means you need to understand their product. When reading an ICOs whitepaper, find out the following.

*Product Definition
*Current solutions and how the ICO seeks to improve them
*Project description details
*Technical details of the project

the third is their team. it is  very essentially to know who is behind the project research them and establish whether they have the expertise necessary for the project. soo that if you found all information that you are looking for. so thats the possible thing to invest in that project.

this is my own understanding in finding an ICO or Initial Coin Offerring.
KopiItem

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:53:48 AM

Hello everybody,

* working product
* experience advisor

* Icobench.com
* Icorating.com
* Icobazaar.com
* Icoscanner.io

Thank you
This information is very worth to know.  Thanks for your information brother.  If you are looking for the best ICO for investment,  you should to know their roadmap,  whitepaper and the most important thing you should to know is what kind of work and team the ICO that you want investing. You can also check on Linkedin and icoscanner. Io to know the rating of the project.
cryptoimal86

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:11:05 AM

I'll add little more that need to check.
             - Do your own research about the coin before investment (don't listen anyone blindly because he may also missing the key info)
             - Get to know about the project and know what will be the use of this token.
             - Always read the whitepapper and read Road map of the coin/token.
             - Follow them on social medias like twitter/facebook and on Telegram chat. I mean whole over the Internet and collect peoples     thoughts about the ICO.

below I have mentioned a project that I did a research about.
           web Site - https://daneel.io/
           blog - https://medium.com/@daneel_project
           twitter - https://twitter.com/daneelproject
           FB - https://www.facebook.com/daneelproject
           telegram - https://t.me/DaneelCommunity

* if you are going to invest Pl do a own research before
iBlitz22

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:14:06 AM

Well, for me you have to check first the functionality of the ICO and what would be its contribution in the cryptocurrency world. And also the team that build this and the advisers that helps the team to have a strong foundation and ideas. That is what I saw on this new ICO which is called Daneel. They've got the best team with the best advisers that is why they created this ICO with a great idealistic and functionality for the crypto world.
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:16:00 AM

What I check forst is the quality of the team, the idea and the amount the project is value when all the tokens are dilluted, and the hard cap they are looking for, there are good projects with good team but the hardcap is too high for me
FiiNALiZE

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:17:15 AM

Hello everybody,

* working product
* experience advisor

* Icobench.com
* Icorating.com
* Icobazaar.com
* Icoscanner.io

Thank you
Have you checked how they learned how to make crypto?If they don't know how to answer that then they are outsourcing and the project is going to be bad.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:27:35 AM

One thing I would add that is important is any competitors. A project may look great and tick all the boxes for white paper, roadmap, team etc... but if they are trying to solve the same problem as an already established competitor, then this must be taken into account.

helin9108

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 11:30:57 AM

Hello everybody,

* working product
* experience advisor

* Icobench.com
* Icorating.com
* Icobazaar.com
* Icoscanner.io

Thank you

First of all I would like to thank you for this thread and post because from this post many investors and newbie will know exactly how they can select the good ICO. And in this post you given all details in full either what you should we mind when selecting good ICO. Also given good sites likes Icobench, Icorating,Icobazaar and Icoscanner that can give full details and info about ICOs.

Diffy

Activity: 45

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:32:39 AM

Thanks for the tips!
Sevarchik

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:37:36 AM

First of all check developers team.
Then try contact with him and ask something about project,if he say you that first time hearing about this project, run away

randegibran

Activity: 882
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:00:15 PM

Hello everybody,

* working product
* experience advisor

* Icobench.com
* Icorating.com
* Icobazaar.com
* Icoscanner.io

Thank you

First of all I would like to thank you for this thread and post because from this post many investors and newbie will know exactly how they can select the good ICO. And in this post you given all details in full either what you should we mind when selecting good ICO. Also given good sites likes Icobench, Icorating,Icobazaar and Icoscanner that can give full details and info about ICOs.
with this info, we are really very helpful. because this information is needed for friends who want to invest in this bitcoin world. let alone many investors today, and they do need good info from friends.
orka39 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:30:02 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2018, 01:40:14 PM by orka39

Most of the time you can check out the code for this new ICO project at gtihub.
Because no matter how good the white paper and the technical route, we can see everything from the open source code.

I never do this before. Its sound interesting to do this before investing.
What is the link of github? Can you share here?
And what is the meaning of the code? How it will be connected to ico project to make sure the ico good or not?
Thanks

You should the total supply of coin,because it will give you an idea how much time do you need to wait for you to get your desired gains from an ICO.Investing in an ICO needs a lot of research before getting involve in any of these because nowadays ICOs are being created just to raise funds,then you will be just suprised that your investment is all gone.

Thanks for suggestion. Make sure the total supply also very good. And its include in whitepaper. But i will add separately.

Thanks for suggestion. Make sure the idea also different with other. It will make more attention from investor.

a d i m u l

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:31:56 PM

We are looking for a long-term project that aims to transform some of the existing industries with blockchain where in the long run it will certainly get a lot of investors and strong
dicaprio

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:36:02 PM

I think one of the most important moments is to always look at their public purse, if the project is transparent and everything is clear, then this is a good project. Recently, there are very few similar projects on the market, more and more some projects that hide their wallets.
DikkieD

Activity: 560
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:40:44 PM

I would think it all should start with the realization that every ICO is basically one big gamble. Even ICO's with great teams, workings products and all those important things can still fail. Also, not everyone is interested in a long term relation with the product. Most are just in it for the short winnings. Even crap ICO's with massive hype are still able to give massive ROI.

Not to say that every ICO will be worth the investment, but some that one would certainly rule out when using factors mentioned before can still be a huge gold mine when you are in it for the $$$ (and I think most are).
Mark_l

Activity: 72

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:11:47 PM

One handy pointer to help avoid complete scams.. look for an ICO where the people behind it are happy to go on camera and do interviews.  Wink
kaspabha

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:42:47 PM

Very good informations for ICO buyers. In addition to this, I am looking about level of community support. Join social media channels and get information as much as i can. As well as I search experts ideas. With all those things, I will take the decision.
orka39 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:34:12 AM

I would think it all should start with the realization that every ICO is basically one big gamble. Even ICO's with great teams, workings products and all those important things can still fail. Also, not everyone is interested in a long term relation with the product. Most are just in it for the short winnings. Even crap ICO's with massive hype are still able to give massive ROI.

Not to say that every ICO will be worth the investment, but some that one would certainly rule out when using factors mentioned before can still be a huge gold mine when you are in it for the $$$ (and I think most are).

I think this is the real reason why people join in cryptocurrency specially ico.
They like to win and bring alot of money home. No one here want to spend money without getting income.
Its true that all of mention can be the 100% factor which make the ico success but at least we do research to reduce the risk. In gamble you can not reduce the risk although you doing research.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: