Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:08:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What we need to check before investing in ico?  (Read 1505 times)
Puroc

Activity: 139
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:04:28 PM

The first thing I check is the white paper, and the campaign  manager who are managing the related bounty if they have, review his file and his review, it's a plus point....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
orka39 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:48:45 AM

The first thing I check is the white paper, and the campaign  manager who are managing the related bounty if they have, review his file and his review, it's a plus point....

I know it can be used for reference but its not all about the bounty campaign. Bounty campaign can be newbie because its from the project itself.
However, this is not talking about bounty but talking about investing in ico.

mikyadel

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Arabic Translator

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:44:53 AM

i totally agree with you except for the part where i check these website of ICO rating , they are just fake and people pay money to get high rating

desi92

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:22:47 AM

i totally agree with you except for the part where i check these website of ICO rating , they are just fake and people pay money to get high rating

Well, if you say like that then you dont need to check again for their rating.
What you expect from project then if you get your point then just continue, if not better you stay away from project.
Thank you for this thread since at least we can reduce the risk by following this step.
raguelFOG

Activity: 87

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:30:13 AM

I was missing the working product, I am doing all of the things that you have said but I was missing the working product. I think its a the huge indicator for ICO for being success. Many ICO planned to have a kind of product but in the end they never produce the product. I hope I have merit to send you, but I don't have one.
pesonet

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:31:22 AM

Well, if you say like that then you dont need to check again for their rating.
What you expect from project then if you get your point then just continue, if not better you stay away from project.
Thank you for this thread since at least we can reduce the risk by following this step.

Before investing in a coin me must check first the legality of it. We should have to make it sure that the coin that we invested was not a scam so that we are safe when it cpmes of investing a coin.
yanto@1977

Activity: 686

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:39:11 AM

Hello everybody,

I know mostly people here know what they need to do before investing in any ico but there are still many people ask the same question in different thread specially newbie. They get the answer but in several post which maybe make them a little confusing.

I am not an expert but i could put what i know here. All i know is from reading here in the forum.

Well just start, everything you need to research and make sure before investing in ico project wheater the ico has :

* working product
* Unique or good idea/solution for existing problem or future problem.
* Strong team behind the project
* Strong planning and marketing ability
* Partnerships with reputed company
* good whitepaper and roadmap too
* experience advisor

Edited :
* make sure the idea is different with the exist ico or the old project
* check the supply of the token because it cause the price run

From all mention above, i have 1 thing that is most important in my opinion. That is  ico should have working product because working product can lead the ico would be success ( not 100% success but mostly success ).
Maybe this thread will help you to find working product ico : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2451482.0

After you do research about above things, you can check the rating and other detail in below website :

* Icobench.com
* Icorating.com
* Icobazaar.com
* Icoscanner.io

Other source to check popularity of the project is youtube and also this forum.

I know its not complete but i hope it can help member who need it.

Note : your suggestion is appreciate to add the detail above.

Thank you

You have full data and that's great. From your post I can see many value that I can get before invest in ICO program. But I like to say many people have been doing the same like you and get what they need. Unfortunately, they never see the progress from ICO program. Only research from the beginning but never watch after that. We need to fix it before too late. Thank you for your post. 

ruthbabe

Activity: 966
Merit: 275

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:53:54 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2018, 04:31:43 PM by ruthbabe

Hello everybody,

I know mostly people here know what they need to do before investing in any ico but there are still many people ask the same question in different thread specially newbie. They get the answer but in several post which maybe make them a little confusing.

I am not an expert but i could put what i know here. All i know is from reading here in the forum.

Well just start, everything you need to research and make sure before investing in ico project wheater the ico has :

* working product
* Unique or good idea/solution for existing problem or future problem.
* Strong team behind the project
* Strong planning and marketing ability
* Partnerships with reputed company
* good whitepaper and roadmap too
* experience advisor

Edited :
* make sure the idea is different with the exist ico or the old project
* check the supply of the token because it cause the price run

From all mention above, i have 1 thing that is most important in my opinion. That is  ico should have working product because working product can lead the ico would be success ( not 100% success but mostly success ).
Maybe this thread will help you to find working product ico : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2451482.0

After you do research about above things, you can check the rating and other detail in below website :

* Icobench.com
* Icorating.com
* Icobazaar.com
* Icoscanner.io

Other source to check popularity of the project is youtube and also this forum.

I know its not complete but i hope it can help member who need it.

Note : your suggestion is appreciate to add the detail above.

Thank you

Very well said. It's not surprising that majority of ICOs are SCAM, because it's really easy to create an ICO project like what Steemit published here, https://steemit.com/scam/@moonjelly/how-to-create-an-ico-scam-in-5-simple-steps

But if you do your own research before investing in any ICO projects you could avoid being scammed, https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/guides/how-to-avoid-scam-icos/

Andrey Kozia

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:59:46 AM

I first of all pay attention to the team who is engaged in the project, how many they have already released successful projects! Looking through the plans, goals of the company for the future! Doing a little analysis wakes you this project is in demand! In General, to invest in ICO it is necessary to know the project thoroughly, and there are no guarantees!
tutchpa

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

CV proof..best project 2018

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:13:54 AM

i completely agree with your opinion on selecting good ico. you generally told how to select good project for investing by doing a proper research.i would like to clarify more with a example how to select a good ico/project.i think its more helpful for cryptocurrency newbies.my example is CVProof.its a new project going to start there public sale from march 1st. if you search it in internet and studied its concept you will realize its a very different kind of concept which never heard before.every thing based on proposed website called cvproof.com. it connect job seekers and human resource managers of companies in a efficient way.have you ever heard that kind of thing earlier?this is totally new concept which will have greater potential of future success. so you must select projects with this kind of new concepts.also pay your attention on other important aspects as mentioned in the original post.this is just a example/guide to choose good project concept

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CVProof.com - SECURING JOB'S CREDENTIALS   ◆   [Join ICO Now]   ◆   Whitepaper / ANN Thread   ◆   TFSTL
jasonmattson

Activity: 154
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:32:49 AM
Merited by orka39 (1), cryptorampage (1)

These 5 Things You Must Know Before Investing in an ICO
1 - Is it a Copy Cat, an Incremental Improvement, or Disruptive Tech?
2 - How detailed is the plan? What is the road map?
3 - How developed is the technology?
4 - Who comprises the Team and Advisory board?
5 - Do they really need to raise Why?
veliq

Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:01:34 AM

Before investing in ico, I advise you to study the road map and the white list to understand the prospect for the future of this company! In 50% of cases ico gives its good profit
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:09:11 AM

I think you had already mention all the most important part. Anyway, If all what you had describe have in an ICO then that ICO will reach hardcap before ICO ends.

jubayerjb25

Activity: 186

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:24:23 AM

To find good project . So check that also. Every good project have reputable developers. You should check team.  They must a roadmap, Whitepaper, product finished, use case for product, cap and token sale details and some scam ICOs are not presenting any roadmap. because ICOs i very risky. so better have a deeper research about project to avoid losses.  There are many ICOs going on through this month but to me one of the best and potential ICO is DEBITUM.
pro2017

Merit: 11

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:25:53 AM

and Ico a kind of risk, you can earn more if you can risk
but rather than joining too many ICO's, I think investing in less ICO is a better option.
orka39 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:23:31 AM
Merited by wagi (2)

Thanks for adding, i will put your detail in the first page so people can know this.
I think some of your idea is already in the first page but i just quote to make different detail. I hope many people can avoid the scam ico.

I was missing the working product, I am doing all of the things that you have said but I was missing the working product. I think its a the huge indicator for ICO for being success. Many ICO planned to have a kind of product but in the end they never produce the product. I hope I have merit to send you, but I don't have one.

So now i hope you more aware regarding the working product.
Its the real proof of the project is really an exist company which need to raise money to develope the product.

wagi

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:51:00 AM

To find good project . So check that also. Every good project have reputable developers. You should check team.  They must a roadmap, Whitepaper, product finished, use case for product, cap and token sale details and some scam ICOs are not presenting any roadmap. because ICOs i very risky. so better have a deeper research about project to avoid losses.  There are many ICOs going on through this month but to me one of the best and potential ICO is DEBITUM.

Waow, you are very sure about debitum project, arent you? Its good mate, keep it up your optimistic.
Ico is very risk so thats why we can not avoid the risk 100%. We only can minimize the risk by doing something in OP.
I look to see debitum project to make sure.
cryptorampage

Activity: 56
Merit: 30

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:39:30 PM

Very Much good points , i will check these from now on .
Visin

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:41:41 PM

Trusting the ratings from websites and people that did not invest in the coin is not a good method.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
hyunee

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:48:13 PM

Before investing, I always look at the team and try to find some kind of information about what all these developers have already done and if their profile on linkedIn was created a couple of days ago. And because I'm already going to their site and see what the attendance of their site is for the day. If the attendance is really big and everything is done as it should, then I go to read the white paper and estimate the project

This is really helpful. When we try to invest to something we should make sure that it was legit. First is the white paper. We should really read the white paper before we invest in coins we wished to invest. It is really helpful for you to read the white paper when you are investing. Then you could also search for the market of the coins as well. Knowing the ones who organize the coin/project would be also helpful in investing. Each coins have a site wherin you can see the one who makes up the organization as well as investors also.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: