Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:55:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What we need to check before investing in ico?  (Read 1508 times)
Omnopon)

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:28:49 PM

I do not usually rely solely on my knowledge and experience, especially when I learn the project, I can miss an important detail, so I have a couple of good advisors on which I can rely
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lovemsngr

Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:22:17 PM

When choosing ICO, I spend about a week studying a project, if I do it myself. The whitepaper is the subject of detailed analysis. If there are many points on which you can define a scam
Balab01

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

B пoиcкe

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:58:27 PM

I try to read more news about the project, what people write about it. It should be clearly understood that there is a lot of FUD and fake news so u should to distinguish where is truth   

*** Paбiв дo paю нe пycкaють! ***
ArtNas

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:08:33 PM

Firstly I`m always ask myself why developers need a blockchain? It`s kinda weird when I see a diary on the blockchain. Who will invest in this project?
mirgo1791

Activity: 1022

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 07:01:52 PM

with the contrast on focus with the dedication of works as managing series with terms of inauguration,
that investors to put with one of option as the nominal limit of exchange to returns of excess as might to follows on further as displacing use on rest as might to involves with decision on manage to work with the higher shifts on tiers of compliance.

💌💌💌💌💌        DO NEAR - GAMES ARE LOVE         💌💌💌💌💌
orka39 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:50:33 AM

I try to read more news about the project, what people write about it. It should be clearly understood that there is a lot of FUD and fake news so u should to distinguish where is truth   

How do you filter between fakes or real news about the project?
Because nowdays there are so many competitor whom want the project down. Please make sure that

Master One

Activity: 238

Wanna buy a Tesla? Visit TeslaBargain.com first!

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 08:41:56 AM

Firstly I`m always ask myself why developers need a blockchain? It`s kinda weird when I see a diary on the blockchain. Who will invest in this project?
Exactly, this is getting totally out of hand, everybody thinks everything needs to be done on a blockchain, which is why all those projects mushroom like crazy. There may be a select few that make sense and have a promising future, but for the majority I can not see where all of this is leading to. To weed out and find the select few is the ultimate challenge.

Frank76

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:21:25 PM

Thanks a lot. Article has a very informative. I use this methods too
dimon01

Activity: 378
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:08:30 PM

If you have already invested in ICO, but are not completely sure of it, then it's worth periodically looking into the wallet of the company and watching for it to be not a scam so coins actually come to the wallet.
Stimah22

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:21:38 PM

What I usually check first
 in ICO is the Team, a good team and managements usually lead to a successful project, but the most important part is that ICO should have working product... Like the poster have said that working product can lead the ico to be Successful, however, others should be put into consideration also.
yunuzov

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:24:34 PM

Well choosing the right Ico is important because if you want to get profit from that ico it should d be successful. So there are some important points to check like; strong team, promising project, whitepapers, social media accounts and I also look if they active on telegram and how they communicate with the investors. If all of them are ok for me I would go with them.

orka39 (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:17:31 AM

It doesn't really matter much what you check before investing in ICO. Every ICO remains a risk, either it pays off or it does not. You can check whatever you want, it still does not give you a gaurantee to how it will go. You can keep checking their updates on facebook, site, tweets and whatnot. You think people always tell the truth? They don't. They tell or show you whatever benefits them best. Only after it hits an exchange that you can really trade them you will find out if it has paid off or hold them if you think they will become more worth. All of the rest ends up mostly a waste of your time.
that's correct , can't guarantee all the ICO is legit, all of them also have a risk while doing our investment, even the ICO is very promising , it's also will run away when ico finished, because I've losses some $$$ in scam ICO, so don't all in your fund in one ICO project, always check their social account update and development progress

This is what i mean. Always check everything you need before investing in ico.
If you think by checking the update in social media is enough then do it. But suggestion for you, i dont think check their social media only is enough. You need to do other check like mention above and i also add any post from other member.

Xiao Mei Mei

Activity: 291

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:22:33 AM

because many ICO are scam, so before we invest we should really check the ICO.
Quincy01

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:33:18 AM

Hello everybody,

I know mostly people here know what they need to do before investing in any ico but there are still many people ask the same question in different thread specially newbie. They get the answer but in several post which maybe make them a little confusing.

I am not an expert but i could put what i know here. All i know is from reading here in the forum.

Well just start, everything you need to research and make sure before investing in ico project wheater the ico has :

* working product
* Unique or good idea/solution for existing problem or future problem.
* Strong team behind the project
* Strong planning and marketing ability
* Partnerships with reputed company
* good whitepaper and roadmap too
* experience advisor

Edited :
* make sure the idea is different with the exist ico or the old project
* check the supply of the token because it cause the price run

From all mention above, i have 1 thing that is most important in my opinion. That is  ico should have working product because working product can lead the ico would be success ( not 100% success but mostly success ).
Maybe this thread will help you to find working product ico : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2451482.0

After you do research about above things, you can check the rating and other detail in below website :

* Icobench.com
* Icorating.com
* Icobazaar.com
* Icoscanner.io

Other source to check popularity of the project is youtube and also this forum.

I know its not complete but i hope it can help member who need it.

Note : your suggestion is appreciate to add the detail above.

Thank you

Edit :

* this is the other suggestion, i know some of them is already mention above but i think this is good to add it here. Thanks

These 5 Things You Must Know Before Investing in an ICO
1 - Is it a Copy Cat, an Incremental Improvement, or Disruptive Tech?
2 - How detailed is the plan? What is the road map?
3 - How developed is the technology?
4 - Who comprises the Team and Advisory board?
5 - Do they really need to raise Why?

What should I do to participate in the ICO?

Very responsible approach to the selection of the project.
To study all possible information on the project.
To communicate with other potential investors at the forums, where information on the project is published.
If knowledge is allowed, then study the project code and its business model.
Assess the risks of investing.

Check for:

- Realistic goals
- Good tech
- Good trustworthy, preferably known dev team

The existing product note is important because we can see a lot of projects which did raise a lot of funds but after that their token price is dropping like boobs with age.

I agree on OPs list but i would like to add some more.
1) Idea explanation. It is very important that the project can explain their idea in simple way. If they cannot do it ,they are over complicating things which is one of the reasons why startups fail or they just dont care about the idea and project. KEEP IT Stupid simple.

2) Look for their attitude towards details and graphic design in their project webpage, telegram , bounty and ann thread. it does show that they care about their project.

3) Country. I dont want to induce nationalist discussion. But country / region matters. Economy and regulations differ in regions.

4) In some cases projects already have raised some momey in different way which could be a good indicator . For example IcoPass has managed to attract money from " Horizon 2020" which is not a easy thing to do. In most cases this one will be similar to " existing product" criteria .

This is helpful and I thank you very much for this information, it is exactly what i've been looking out for, i really appreciate you...
cryptotaste

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:25:30 AM

It's vital to check everything you can about the project ifself , from team , product , market , CEO , whitepaper , roadmap etc. Every info can be crucial for an investor if they don't fully understand in what are they investing.
codeash

Activity: 65

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 07:32:57 AM

Before investing in any ICO, I look for many points. I have listed the points which should be checked below:
1) A working product or prototype must be there.
2) Project should have strong team. The team should have previous experience.
3) Website should have all the details.
4) Whitepaper must explain everything.
5) Roadmap should be clear. Also future usage of ICO tokens must be analysed.
6) ICO should have good rating on different ICO rating websites. I check icodrops and icobench for ratings.

After checking all these points, I invest a small amount in ICO. I don't like losing money that's why I always invest very carefully and after proper research.

Hope this answer helped you !
jamesdean3

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:45:23 AM

Long time lurker but first comment...

There are many things to take into consideration when evaluating an ico/company. 

Team: is very important.  Look for previous accomplishments.  A small team with no success/past accomplishments are a red flag to me.
Prototype:  Have a working version whether that be a alpha, internal testnet etc
Partnerships and Investors:  Looks for upcoming or existing partnerships.  If there are big name investors involved, chances are theres some interest
Social activity:  Github, telegram, twitter, reddit etc.  Is the team active in the community?  Is there hype? 
Token metrics are important as well. 

There is many factors at play.  Some more important than others.  But do your research.  Do your DD.  Scroll through their white paper, look through their linkedin profiles.  Investigate their supposed partnerships etc.  I look into ICO's and am a blockchain enthusiast.  I am fascinated with this technology, however given the beginning stages that is crypto, we still have to wade through bullshit to find legitimate projects as there are many scams at this point in time. 

If you would like further help and more resources at your fingertips.  Take a look at my ICO Grading Sheet.  (still a work in progress) so let me know what you guys think.

Deans ICO's
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qpzZ6e8pJ6t5-ymz8RYLcRQPlvtcul22_pQb64egWZc/edit?usp=sharing

-JamesDean
lotfipro

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:04:59 AM

I always check as much as I can.I need to be 100% sure that this is not a Scam,and it is very easy to detect.This is immediately visible on the site
orka39 (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:14:07 AM

Before investing in any ICO, I look for many points. I have listed the points which should be checked below:
1) A working product or prototype must be there.
2) Project should have strong team. The team should have previous experience.
3) Website should have all the details.
4) Whitepaper must explain everything.
5) Roadmap should be clear. Also future usage of ICO tokens must be analysed.
6) ICO should have good rating on different ICO rating websites. I check icodrops and icobench for ratings.

After checking all these points, I invest a small amount in ICO. I don't like losing money that's why I always invest very carefully and after proper research.

Hope this answer helped you !

I think what you said have been mention above in the first page but thank you for the answer and i am very appreciate it.
I hope everybody will not get scam again by the project which just want to get money and run.

unsquidly

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:29:07 AM

In simple words everything. It should be checked in and out about that ICO. Once one is sure of the stuff only then one should invest in it. Check the development team the investor and finally, its community.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: