Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:03:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What we need to check before investing in ico?  (Read 1515 times)
castiloros

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:32:51 AM

I always check the website and any existing white papers to ensure whether the ICO has a clear goal or not. of it will certainly be able to take the conclusion whether it would be useful for the future or not. But even so, of course, it's also not entirely can be used as a benchmark. a lot of other things to be seen and analyzed as well.
fortelen

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:51:48 AM

Hello everybody,

I know mostly people here know what they need to do before investing in any ico but there are still many people ask the same question in different thread specially newbie. They get the answer but in several post which maybe make them a little confusing.

I am not an expert but i could put what i know here. All i know is from reading here in the forum.

Well just start, everything you need to research and make sure before investing in ico project wheater the ico has :

* working product
* Unique or good idea/solution for existing problem or future problem.
* Strong team behind the project
* Strong planning and marketing ability
* Partnerships with reputed company
* good whitepaper and roadmap too
* experience advisor

Edited :
* make sure the idea is different with the exist ico or the old project
* check the supply of the token because it cause the price run

From all mention above, i have 1 thing that is most important in my opinion. That is  ico should have working product because working product can lead the ico would be success ( not 100% success but mostly success ).
Maybe this thread will help you to find working product ico : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2451482.0

After you do research about above things, you can check the rating and other detail in below website :

* Icobench.com
* Icorating.com
* Icobazaar.com
* Icoscanner.io

Other source to check popularity of the project is youtube and also this forum.

I know its not complete but i hope it can help member who need it.

Note : your suggestion is appreciate to add the detail above.

Thank you

Edit :

* this is the other suggestion, i know some of them is already mention above but i think this is good to add it here. Thanks

These 5 Things You Must Know Before Investing in an ICO
1 - Is it a Copy Cat, an Incremental Improvement, or Disruptive Tech?
2 - How detailed is the plan? What is the road map?
3 - How developed is the technology?
4 - Who comprises the Team and Advisory board?
5 - Do they really need to raise Why?

What should I do to participate in the ICO?

Very responsible approach to the selection of the project.
To study all possible information on the project.
To communicate with other potential investors at the forums, where information on the project is published.
If knowledge is allowed, then study the project code and its business model.
Assess the risks of investing.

Check for:

- Realistic goals
- Good tech
- Good trustworthy, preferably known dev team

The existing product note is important because we can see a lot of projects which did raise a lot of funds but after that their token price is dropping like boobs with age.

I agree on OPs list but i would like to add some more.
1) Idea explanation. It is very important that the project can explain their idea in simple way. If they cannot do it ,they are over complicating things which is one of the reasons why startups fail or they just dont care about the idea and project. KEEP IT Stupid simple.

2) Look for their attitude towards details and graphic design in their project webpage, telegram , bounty and ann thread. it does show that they care about their project.

3) Country. I dont want to induce nationalist discussion. But country / region matters. Economy and regulations differ in regions.

4) In some cases projects already have raised some momey in different way which could be a good indicator . For example IcoPass has managed to attract money from " Horizon 2020" which is not a easy thing to do. In most cases this one will be similar to " existing product" criteria .

So completed. Just let's start practicing the tips and tricks in investing in the crypto. However, does it work? Exactly, it may work on some people but some don't work. What we need to do is analyzing more about the ICO as stated on the post and other terms to be acknowledged. Additionally, be patient, wise, and also smart to decide which is best for you to pick.

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
trinhdao078

Activity: 86
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:13:37 AM

Hey dude thanks for the topic that helps beginners to find out how to check an ico. It was never easy to figure that an ico would be scam or not, we need to spent few hours reading and research all their background, you need that to avoid investing in scam ico.
trinhdao078

Activity: 86

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:17:09 AM

To cut the chase, in short, we need to check everything and anything they have. But the main thing that needs to be checked are the dev team, the products and strategies, and its community. These are what I consider salient points in choosing which to invest.
Hui Ling

Activity: 292

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:57:18 AM

if I personally always check the product, roadmap, whitepaper and team of the ICO, because I think it is the most important thing to determine whether the ICO will be successful.
Pasadoble

Activity: 336
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:11:04 AM

I would add www.icoguide.com to the rating platforms, they have very realistic scores and platform itself is also good,.
frirstfootonthemoon1989

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:45:31 PM

IM checking only 2 things: first is team , is there any russians or not, and some known persons . Second is traffic of their project if they know how to gain visitors and hype around their coin then im buying  for short time.
tterrorpipa

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 03:04:15 PM

Before investing, make sure to verify the team members of the ICO. Make sure that you run a normal background check for them for the authenticity purpose. And please read their provided whitepaper. All of the important information of the ICO is in the whitepaper.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
yigitcoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 03:07:21 PM

there are several things to do icos first important thing is advisors of ico second way is whitepaper third way is team and their hype. if one ico has these three thing it will get succes.
Ging

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 03:15:23 PM

First, do your research on the topic. If you are planning to invest in cryptocurrencies, make sure to spend at least 24 hours of reading time understanding what blockchain is, what are cryptocurrencies, security measures you should take before investing in cryptocurrencies and so on. Remember that no research is enough and you need to keep updating yourself constantly.
MWesterweele

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 03:15:48 PM

Before investing, make sure to verify the team members of the ICO. Make sure that you run a normal background check for them for the authenticity purpose. And please read their provided whitepaper. All of the important information of the ICO is in the whitepaper.
To make sure that your participated ICO is not scam and to avoid bing scam, we necessary needed to check the ICO before we invest because it is the right thing to do and need to consider to check or study it to avoid losing money. Also the important of checking the ICO background is to make sure that your invest is in a good ICO because honestly do investing is not easy to do and have risk to take, so checking it is very important to make sure you can get profit.

▀█████████████████████
            ▀▀██████
    ▄▄
▀████▄▄  ▀████
  ▄████▄
▀█████▄  ▀███
 ████▀▀
   ▄██████  ▀███
████▀
   ▄████▀████  ████
████  ▄█▄
▀█▀  ████  █████
████▄████▀
   ▄████  ████
 ██████▀
   ▄▄████  ▄███
  ▀█████▄
▀████▀  ▄███
    ▀▀████▄
▀▀  ▄████
            ▄▄██████
       ▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
FUN TOKEN
██████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
FreeBitco.in Adopts FUN Token for
Premium Membership Program
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████

▄
      ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ █  ██ ██
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ ██▄ ▄███
██  ▀▀▄█▄ ▀▀▄███ ████
█████████████ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████▄▄
      ▄▀  ▄    █████▄
          ▀     ▀ ▀███
                    ▀
41M Users to Buy and Hold
FUN for Premium Benefits
.Learn More.
terzy

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 03:21:48 PM

The team’s stakeholders — and especially its founding members — must be publicly posted, with links to learn more about each. The possibility to go on their profiles on Linkedin and Github (for the professional profiles) is appreciable if it is essential to get a better idea of their experience. The Role of the Token in the Project. Will it be used as an intended use? Could the plan work? It is common for projects running ICOs to have no need to create a new token. The reputation is also an important factor! Projects that are unknown or considered far-fetched will not be accepted by all exchanges.

cris ronaldo

Activity: 96

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:00:49 PM

One of the most important factors, when you make an investment in an initial coin offering or any company in the crypto currency market is the competition and partnerships, will do this is a tedious task and may take a lot of investigating it is certainly worth the pain because it is important to know how many other solutions exist in the market and whether this is the best solution to go with
hoanguyenn203

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 02:35:20 PM

Wow this has a lot of your effort. This will be very helpful to newbie like us here in crypto world. Hope this is not be the last just keep sharing. Thank you so much.
xdtiagonzhar

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:54:44 AM

this is a fairly General and broad rule for those who choose a project. each person looks at something specific to a greater extent than the other criteria. for example, I look most often at the team that created this project. the popular team will not risk their image.
buimangai1234

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 04:43:22 PM

Check out the ICO for RLCoin, an enterprise solution for loyalty: www.rlcoin.io.  The product has existing traction with 250 clients and partners in Europe and Asia.

Dpat
Copper Member

Activity: 798
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 04:47:24 PM

Always checking of white paper and reading of this thoroughly can get you all of the company in which for ICO you are going to invest. Also, check the ICO initial price. If the price is too high then do not invest because in the bear market the price can go down below 10 cents will not be a surprised. So, choose the ICO which are in the price range of $0.01 - 0.50.
Tosyn2

Activity: 566

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 05:22:55 PM

As for me, i will check team capacity first, what they have in stock, the road map set and how they will achieve it, the problem they intend to bring solution to through blockchain technology.
kidamazo

Activity: 289

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:03:40 PM

"
Thats enough to do before investing in crowdsale.
All research is not 100% guarantee will make us profit at the end but its better than blind invest to them.

Yes, even if this topic is just awesome and widely explained, I agree, that scam ICO recently make a huge work to appear, like they are legit! So even, if we would make a research, we are not 100% assured."
redfin31

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:13:05 PM

i have some point which i always check before investing in ICO project, at least this is really helping me. that is, check about his whitepaper, roadmap, and vision. also sometimes i check on the some of the rating sites like ICObench, ICotrack etc.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: