Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 03:22:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why does certain people called Bitcoin as bubble investment?  (Read 388 times)
Gabriellefull

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:38:59 AM

Because bitcoin is virtual, bitcoin is thought to have no substance and no intrinsic value.
The price of bitcoin is so high that people think it is not worth the price.
They believe that bitcoin will collapse at any time and disappear directly.
Destroyeroff98

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:48:15 AM

Since we all know that currently, the price of BTC is unstable. So there are certain articles call Bitcoin as bubble investment. May I know the reason why does it called a bubble? Why is that term is used in Bitcoin?
"Because Bitcoin could also rise in price, and at one point plummet in value. That is, burst like a bubble." - that's what some people think.

jobe101

Activity: 85
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:51:01 AM

Bitcoin is a digital currency, also known as a cryptocurrency, that emerged after the financial crisis and is not underpinned by a central bank.  Certain people may call it bubble burst when significant amounts of people trying to cash out on their investment and there are no buyers looking to pay cash for it.
Hellobx

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:23:04 AM

Because these people believe that bitcoin has no intrinsic value, they believe that bitcoin should not have any value.
So I've heard them say that bitcoin is a bubble every year, but it's have been up to $20,000. Please forgive me for laughing. Roll Eyes

LAWoman

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:38:53 AM

The price of bitcoin is growing too fast. Therefore, many believe that it works like the Ponzi scheme.
They don't understand that bitcoin is the future for the financial system.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:46:02 AM

majority of those who called bitcoin a bubble wanted the price of it to drop hard due to panic sellers so that they can short in this market and make a lot of money and eventually buy a large amount of bitcoin at the bottom of the dip.
that I what a lot of whales have been doing in the past. I wouldn't be surprised to someday learn that a lot of these Wall Street whales have been buying bitcoin for years. you think Warren Buffet has not bought a lot of bitcoin yet?

Only Bitcoin
maman09

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:30:43 AM

Since we all know that currently, the price of BTC is unstable. So there are certain articles call Bitcoin as bubble investment. May I know the reason why does it called a bubble? Why is that term is used in Bitcoin?

if you want to know more about bitcoin, you should try to find lots of information about bitcoin. yes, there are many out there who are cornering that bitcoin is a bubble. but in fact the notion is very wrong. to find out more. you should spend some time looking for a lot of information and benefits from bitcoin.
Gontxi

Activity: 966

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:50:36 AM

knowledge is the basis for judgments about everything. if one's knowledge is limited, limited also one's mindset. so basically a bitcion is not a bubble that so many people say, even a country says it like that. so you'd better find out a lot of information about bitcoin. good for your understanding.
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:02:46 AM

These people simply do not understand why something virtual can have such a great price, which is growing so rapidly. That is why BTC was called a bubble by some guys.
September11Myth

Activity: 387
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:13:15 AM

Because to many extent it IS a bubble investment. People are not buying Bitcoin because it is useful for them, but just because it rises in value. This should not be a reason, but a consequence. A consequence of its usefulness. But if its only usefulness (or main) is to rise in value, that starts to look like a bubble which cannot go on forever.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Turk Ace

Activity: 360
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 10:22:08 AM

People who call things bubbles are best avoided. They enjoy pointing out the obvious or making up nonesense. I say obvious because everything in life is a bubble and will end. I say make up nonesense because they don't understand anything and think every investment will fail.
12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:38:19 AM

Ignorance of the bitcoin innovation and its approach to financial investments, payment and uses have made many speak of it as a bubble. proper education and enlightenment is important.

SUDARMONO

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:40:25 AM

yes it is true that bitcoin is a bubble investment, it is because the price of bitcoin is unstable and the price can peak high and in the not too long time can also go down deeply, but I still invest in bitcoin because after me thorough since 2015 despite bubbles but bitcoins always have an opportunity to always rise in price, so when bitcoin prices go down I calm down just because I believe it will rise again.
elncrow

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 10:55:06 AM

people said it bubble for it's increasing value.....and it is right,i am also a inverster of it and when the price down i just keep patience for grow price because i know it will must rise ..
CryptoICOAlert

Activity: 26

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 11:02:31 AM

Bitcoin has value, they argue, because it could become widely used as an alternative to existing currency.  Cool
heureca

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:09:44 AM

Just check BTC price for 2017 year  Smiley Of course it looks like a bubble at one point of view. So people have reasons to think so. On the other hand it could be beginning of new technology age (blockchain). It is easy: some people believe in blockchain and criptocurrency, some people see just a bubble  Smiley

██                                                     
██████                                                    
██████████                ████              ████          
█████████████          ██████████        ██████████       
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████     ████████████████   ████  ██████████  ██████████ 
█████        ██████████          █████████        █████████
█████         ██████             ██████              ████ 
█████         █████              ████                     
█████         ███████            ██████              ████ 
█████        ███████████         █████████        █████████
█████     █████████████████  ████   █████████  ██████████ 
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████████████          █████████         ██████████       
██████████                ████              ████          
  ████                                                    
/Distributed
Credit Chain
//
Empower Credit, Enable Finance
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
penig

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:14:01 AM

real estate is a bubble investment
yes houses are real. they exist. they have utility and function.. but the price.. well thats the bubble

when a price increases not due to function. not due to cost of creation. but purely due to speculation... that is a bubble

saying something is in a bubble is not saying the item/asset is fake. its just saying its probably over priced because there is no good reason to explain the price compared to true value, and its likely that the price is gonna burst. and go down to a lower level that can be explained compared to true value

usually bubble is screamed out at the end of a bull(up) and about to go bear(down)

Exactly this.  Saying there's a bubble is an observation that valuations have gone beyond reasonable or rational expectation. Its not a slur against bitcoin its applied to any market, housing, commodities, shares, bonds from time to time.

If people dont think an 10 increase with in a year was bubble, they have a questionable sense of value.
TTITA

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:20:39 AM

Many people are still confused about Bitcoin, that's why they spread fud to avoid learning it.
Said from Investopedia refers to it as an asset driven by unwarranted, but exuberant, market behavior. It is basically a hike in price that has resulted in a lie or “false truth” about the actual value of an asset, and therefore presages a massive selloff.
Bitcoin are same as other economy asset investment. As the supply was limited to 21 million only, it will become scarce asset and when people want those things, it's value will rising.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4242
Merit: 4512

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:33:47 PM

real estate is a bubble investment
yes houses are real. they exist. they have utility and function.. but the price.. well thats the bubble

when a price increases not due to function. not due to cost of creation. but purely due to speculation... that is a bubble

saying something is in a bubble is not saying the item/asset is fake. its just saying its probably over priced because there is no good reason to explain the price compared to true value, and its likely that the price is gonna burst. and go down to a lower level that can be explained compared to true value

usually bubble is screamed out at the end of a bull(up) and about to go bear(down)

Historically though, hasn't the demand for BTC steadily increased? As more people begin to understand the technology, I can only assume the demand will grow. Will the price of Bitcoin ever drastically fall off? I think that if Bitcoin can become accepted as a common world currency, we may see a major reduction in price but only as a correction to the death of fiat currency.

the PRICE.. is not 100% VALUE

imagine it like a bathtub of water..
as the waterline increases steadily(true value) it stirs up the soap(speculation) and you see a load of bubbles above the water line.

when the bubbles burst, you still have the water line.
the water line is the true underlying value, the bubbles ontop is just the vapour/air ontop that cannot carry weight and will burst if peopl poke at it

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
appiivenkii

Activity: 270
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:45:11 PM

Because they will not be the early adopters ...Who missed out an chance when it was cheap

And on other hand its purely Misconception...Lot of them dont understand how bitcoin or an blockchain works
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: