Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 05:34:59 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you pay attention on advisors when choosing a good ICO project?  (Read 574 times)
Future3000 (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:06:15 AM

Lately all the projects try to attract best faces onboard for their projects, I started noticing that they are almost the same everywhere. What things are more important for you? Are advisors one of the most significant criteria?
tdeannova

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:25:23 AM

Lately all the projects try to attract best faces onboard for their projects, I started noticing that they are almost the same everywhere. What things are more important for you? Are advisors one of the most significant criteria?
All the criteria in the project are important and we must be careful in analyzing them. Project advisor is also important, but not an indicator that the project will be successful and for me the advisor is a complement to make potential investors believe and interested in the project.
jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 08:31:22 AM

I think it is just a marketing decision, when you see the face of these advisors on their website, it is likely you will be swayed to invest in the ICO and generate alot of hype, Draper and Cuban are two billionaires they are using to sell ICOs now, before what they do is to look for big company to partner but I think that is not enough again

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
D-Fault

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:32:49 AM

What do you mean by advisors? Bounty managers?
I care about them but not too much, if the manager has a newbie profile that won't make me suspect the worst - just the guy spends his time on developing, not chatting.
aizen10

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:35:22 AM

For me the most things to find a good ico is the roadmap and the team and ofcourse the good to be true announcement. Its true that most of the ico now are almost the same, and lately they are becoming a scam ico. So you better to review the projects first and good thing to ask somebody to give a good advise.
partysumo

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:35:42 AM

It is definitely important. Advisors who are willing to put their names out there in support of an ICO means that they are risking their reputation to a certain extent, if the ICO fails. In order to avoid that, I would assume that respectable advisors would refrain from supporting scammy ICOs. So advisors mean a lot to me.

Murloc

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:36:31 AM

Most people will say that I'm wrong but I don't put much attention on advisors while I'm analyzing white paper. If I have any doubts about the project I may only try to find their linkedin profiles to check if they are real people and have any connection to the project. You will never know the amount of advosor's participation in the project. It feels like usualy their involvement includes about 1-2 skype calls.

dhemasm

Activity: 1829
Merit: 134

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:43:28 AM

Not entirely, I think advisor only as an object when doing research I think. What makes Project interesting is their Team & vision
Alex_nutis

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

Thank you for +Merit

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:53:06 AM

Here in this thread there are many criteria for the choice ICO: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2901548
Advisors are important. Good advisors willn't go to bad projects. Most often they get paid in tokens. Therefore, it is important for them to get the tokens of a successful project. Some are paid on etherium, bitcoin and fiat money, but more often in tokens of project.

tvtinh

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

ICO Advisor | Top 15 ICOBench Expert

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 09:00:39 AM

I care much about the dev team members and their track records, the marketing team and the roadmap

Mr. Tinh Tran is among top 15 Global ICO Experts on ICOBench
boba_kate

Activity: 46

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:05:08 AM

Advisors cost a lot of money.
You can count approximate expenses for each ICO for understanding how high probability of scam.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1225

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:09:19 AM

To be honest, I don't bother with the advisors. But this is not to say that If I see the face of a thief on the board of advisors that I would over look that and go ahead and send my cash to them. Of course, not. My may concern isn't advisors but the roadmap of the coin, its use and the expected total supply. If a coin is in billions and the ICO price is high (say up to $1), that is a no-no sign for me. I believe supply is key in determining the price of a coin. But if it's a couple of cents I might just toss them a few dollar for so many coins.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Harley Quinn

Activity: 164

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:10:21 AM

No, only people I trust that have experience in crypto currencies, lest Bitconnect repeats itself.
Future3000 (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:14:13 AM

To be honest, I don't bother with the advisors. But this is not to say that If I see the face of a thief on the board of advisors that I would over look that and go ahead and send my cash to them. Of course, not. My may concern isn't advisors but the roadmap of the coin, its use and the expected total supply. If a coin is in billions and the ICO price is high (say up to $1), that is a no-no sign for me. I believe supply is key in determining the price of a coin.

Do you mean the minimal contribution price? I agree that it shoudn't be too high, but 1$ isn't too small?
liangweicha

Activity: 238

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:19:33 AM

Yes, consultants are also factors that need to be referenced.
Sometimes you can judge which trading platform the ICO project might be based on from a consultant from the ICO team.

vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:23:35 AM

If we talk about Initial Coin Offerings, there is a lot of variables to consider and I believe the team advisors is one of many variables. But we should really look into the bigger pictures as a whole team not only the team advisors. We must deeply research the background of the founder, the developers and the team behind supporting the project.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:28:46 AM

Yes, advisor is an important position, usually an advisor is already experienced in making the project successful, it can attract investors and support the marketing team to reach the target, so it can be said that one of the success factor in ICO is the team behind the ICO, people will check the legitimate and the experience of the team before they invest
CrazeCoinz

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:47:45 AM

If the project is truly has potential there's no need for such Advisors. A talented team, impressive whitepaper and attainable road map are my requirements in choosing ICO. Advisors are just a plus points to the ICO but it's not a must.
gustavroy

Activity: 450
Merit: 122

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:55:40 AM

of course we are.The advisors are so important for a project destiny they guiding well also the good advisors are very good pr for the project.people trust the ıco's because of advisors
allanr

Activity: 345
Merit: 114

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 09:56:19 AM

Some advisor really make truth review about project, but some of the get paid for do that. So do your own research is the best thing you can do
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: