Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:46:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you pay attention on advisors when choosing a good ICO project?  (Read 565 times)
dobolspeed3

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:14:54 PM

Sometimes I see and sometimes do not. I personally just see the Team Protection and the ICO holder. From there I can conclude a good ICO in the future or not. Example only Policypal Network is one Project that Team and Advisor is very good
DanielRR1997

Activity: 196
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:36:06 PM

Yes and Look up the developers and important lead roles on LinkedIn, GitHub, Twitter, etc. If you can't find consistent accounts with names, faces, and past projects, this is a BIG red flag that the ICO may be a scam

Ask questions. Reddit, slack channels, email, whatever; give the devs a poke and ask about the project. r/ethtrader is generally a good jumping-off point
Omnopon)

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:14:53 PM

Basically, I try not to use anyone's advice, but I'm guided only by my own observations and forecasts, because I trust only in myself
Balab01

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

B пoиcкe

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:18:35 PM

I'm not inclined to use information from some dubious telegram channels or videos from YouTube, I try to see how accurate the forecasts of a particular resource are before taking into account the advice

*** Paбiв дo paю нe пycкaють! ***
xrpdavid

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:20:50 PM

There's a lot of different factors that are important for an ICO/a project but a strong team (including advisors) is definitely one of them, I think. If a project has a strong team it's more trustworthy so people are more likely to invest, it's a safer bet (especially if the team has a good track record) and it might generate more hype.

alexandrecs

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:23:58 PM

When investing on ICOs we must watch all parameters we can...

And good advisors is a good thing, sicne with best advisors more people must get engajed to the project, but it's not the only thing you must look, and not even the main parameter to consider.

In my opinion, the whole idea behing the creation of the ICO is much more important then good advisors.
Bolt Brownie

Activity: 700
Merit: 350

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:26:31 PM

Lately all the projects try to attract best faces onboard for their projects, I started noticing that they are almost the same everywhere. What things are more important for you? Are advisors one of the most significant criteria?

I don't think that are important because I bet that most of the times they don't even care about the project, and just lend their name for profit. I usually take the advisors just as another marketing stun for the project. Also we can't even be sure they are real advisors, and the team might just be using their name to promote their project. If I actually see the advisors being active on the project, either by promoting it or helping in it's development, then I might take them in consideration.
xsaints128

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:39:48 PM

The first and foremost criteria for investing in a project is the team of professionals backing up the project, then comes the advisory board if the advisory board has good members it means that the project is up to good.

bratbu

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:51:51 PM

Lately all the projects try to attract best faces onboard for their projects, I started noticing that they are almost the same everywhere. What things are more important for you? Are advisors one of the most significant criteria?
No,i actually reading most of the whitepapers of each projects before i decide which bounty campaign should i participate,most of the new ICOs are business minded which means they aim for the money and not the technology that can bring development in people's life.Theres a lot of things to consider in joining ICO like the product,founder's background developers's previous projects,these are some of the things you need to consider before joining any ICOs.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
TelegramFacebookwww.casperproject.ioGithubTwitterANN
kemet jr

Activity: 154

Sapien.Network-Beta Platform is Live

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:01:26 PM

Its just one of the factors but not ultimately the basis of the decision making. After looking into what these credible advisors are endorsing, one needs to definitely make his own research and assessment. The credibility of these advisors are usually based on the success of their endorsement which can be equated with their technical analysis capability. At some point, a good benchmark of your own analysis as well.

maereglapo

Activity: 181

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:05:44 PM

Advisors doesnt affect the project's outcome,you should read all about the things you need to know about your ICO so you wont end up crying because you lose your investment,You need to know that joining ICOs has more risk than trading alone.If you really want to invest with ICOs,choose an ICO that has a good working product/services,good developers,reputable founder,and has clear roadmap and whitepaper these some basic things you need to check.
webmone

Activity: 287

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:07:52 PM

Yes, I pay attention at everything that can help me getting additional information about some certain ICO, including all these advices. Meanwhile, I take a decision if to invest into it or not myself.
Bergiolia

Activity: 224

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fund

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 05:15:01 PM

considering advisors on choosing ICOs?
My answer is No but at some point it depends.
Advisors for me were just paid in order to elevate ICO popularity and ratings because they are expecting that celebrities could bring their ICO to attract investors but in reality they're just a plain business and nothing more.
In my personal reasons, I would rather see the importance of  the project than considering the company's advisors because the project is the best reason why their blockchain exist.

Brat ipoh

Merit: 12

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:18:04 PM

While choosing ico I did not see who counsel her because counsel is not too important for me to see ico good, I only saw who manager and how big the potential to the price ico her good.
santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:18:19 PM

Advisors add more popularity on the ICO and it is good to have the best advisor for their projects. but, that is not the big factor, the team should be one also and people of the team is good to see. Marketing strategy must be superb as it is the main branch to produce the massive growth of the sale and the popularity of the ICO to the investors.
the great roadmap is also a good point, better to do this on time or earlier. the whitepaper is the first page to read for investors if the ICO project has the potential.
Bergiolia

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fund

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 05:18:33 PM

Yes, I pay attention at everything that can help me getting additional information about some certain ICO, including all these advices. Meanwhile, I take a decision if to invest into it or not myself.

At some point advisors are important to but in reality investors shouldn't rely on advisors before putting your hard-earned into an ICO because I know that they're just being paid to attract more investors.
I should give an advice to young investors that they should consider more the effectiveness of the project than advisors because advisors cannot save the company but project does and it's always a project what their marketing value is and not by advisors alone.

GFE

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:23:02 PM

I think that the first one is developers team. Second one is white paper of project. Advisors are worth to check but it is not so important

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Obi2024

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:27:44 PM

Advisors contribute to the success of the ICO, however it is not only advisors that you pay attention to, some projects don't have any product to offer, therefore irrespective of the advisors, the project will just be hyped but will offer nothing to investors.

malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:38:43 PM

Of course advisors of any project have a strong impact on the project, expereinced advisors can take the project to the right direction. I always suggest to check the back support  (i.e linked partners and advisors) before joining it.
Akselrod

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:42:28 PM

Of course, I look at the team. But I'm more guided by how much the project can be of interest to people, how real the amount of money they want to collect. Well, or if this ico is already on the hip, then in principle you can and do not pay attention to all the rest))
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: