Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:57:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SHA-256 is designed by the NSA - do they have a backdoor?  (Read 27757 times)
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 03:05:36 AM

Boy you know your stuff. I got a Master Degree in Information Security and Advance Cryptography. I can confirm you are spot on.  Wink

I can't tell if you are sarcastic or trolling or what, but just in case you are serious: Where did you get your Masters Degree? I am genuinely curious. I don't see those kinds of courses offered in any school in my country.

The closest I can see is a Masters in National Security Administration, which I've been eyeing for a few years now. I just need to find the time (one year of going to school.) They don't seem to talk about Cryptography though, it's more like a Strategic Warfare school. (It's a military college.)

"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 11:58:11 PM

"In God we trust. Everyone else, we monitor".

Sounds like a good policy. As if anyone else would be 'better' if they were in that position.

Check yourselves before criticizing the 'government' please...
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 12:02:09 AM

Sounds like a good policy. As if anyone else would be 'better' if they were in that position.

Except they use the full force of secrecy laws and corrupt judges (and who knows what other nefarious means) and the Iron Fist of the State to specifically avoid all monitoring ... check yourself before defending corruption please ...

Honeypot

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 12:07:58 AM

Except they use the full force of secrecy laws and corrupt judges (and who knows what other nefarious means) and the Iron Fist of the State to specifically avoid all monitoring ... check yourself before defending corruption please ...

Fool check yourself before bitching about 'corruption' in a developed first world nation/

'nefarious', 'iron fist' LOL

Do you think you can even post like this if you were under REAL tyranny? Mouthing off like no tomorrow. Jesus Christ you naive fuck.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 12:12:26 AM

Fool check yourself before bitching about 'corruption' in a developed first world nation/

Do you think you can even post like this if you were under REAL tyranny? Mouthing off like no tomorrow. Jesus Christ you naive fuck.

Typical Statist apologist ... all class defending the indefensible.

The NSA are a soft tyranny, you have no clue.

Have a nice day sweetie.  Kiss

Honeypot

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 12:18:05 AM

Typical Statist apologist ... all class defending the indefensible.

The NSA are a soft tyranny, you have no clue.

Have a nice day sweetie.  Kiss

LOL typical soft fuck from 1st world that thinks they know something about 'tyranny'.

The only difference, but a big one, between tyranny and politics is the end result. Let me know when they bust in your door in the middle of the night and drag off your family mafia style into the deepest darkest alley to be raped and killed as you watch.

No one gives a shit about some pampered fools bitching about 'tyranny' and can't even tell the difference between a real talk and 'state apologist'

Really, it's sad how naive some of you are. You even deluded yourself you know better than others Smiley
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 12:26:22 AM

Yeah, because some tyrannies are better than others ...  Roll Eyes

With logic like that, winning is not an option chump.

Honeypot

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 12:27:09 AM

Yeah, because some tyrannies are better than others ...  Roll Eyes

With logic like that, winning is not an option chump.

And that's why you lose Smiley
DeepCryptoanalist3

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 12:39:45 AM

Wo wo wow! NSA have a backdoor in SHA? Srsly? All cryptanalytics worldwide are NSA undercover agents. This thoughts made me wet
evoked22

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 03:26:19 AM

I thought this was very interesting

http://groups.csail.mit.edu/mac/classes/6.805/articles/money/nsamint/nsamint.htm

SnZN5o2ePUgtr9roQyavBC3r41vz7p63ne
FTWbitcoinFTW

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 05:03:00 AM

Within a year, major questions were raised about Dual Elliptic Curve.
Cryptography authority Bruce Schneier wrote that the weaknesses in the formula "can only be described as a back door".

After reports of the back door in September, RSA urged its customers to stop using the Dual Elliptic Curve number generator.
But unlike the Clipper Chip fight two decades ago, the company is saying little in public, and it declined to discuss how the NSA
 entanglements have affected its relationships with customers.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/dec/20/nsa-internet-security-rsa-secret-10m-encryption

ECC is use for Bitcoin right ?

Lost coins only make everyone else's coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone.
it has lots of buttery taste..
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 05:19:01 AM

Wo wo wow! NSA have a backdoor in SHA? Srsly? All cryptanalytics worldwide are NSA undercover agents. This thoughts made me wet

I guess two sock-puppets is always better than one in dumb govt. drone way of thinking ... bigger budgets, less accountability.

Trance

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 08:17:50 AM

If the NSA did make Bitcoin, the would be able to find A LOT of people money laundering, operating out of China and so forth perhaps?!

Speculation is fun Smiley

Some people are so poor ALL they have is money
jedunnigan

Activity: 279

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 08:25:20 AM

OP: this question has been brought up many times, and answered as well: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=289795.0
BullCreek

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 06:14:27 AM

REALITY WINNER
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: