Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:15:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can one trade without losing??  (Read 1798 times)
JBVNG

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:04:22 AM

I think I lose maybe 1% of trades now. The key is to being safe is find opportunities that you can almost hardly believe are true deals. Scoop them up. In crypto world we see crazy price swings daily that dont reflect value I think.

That said, my day trading skills vs. hodling skills are two different things.

When I day trade I know 0 about a project, I'm just looking at the chart. Hodling coins for profits is more of an investment strategy which requires studying the market/project/market caps all that .

That said, for daytrading you just need to practice. Don't go in huge and only buy when you think coins are at a discount or too good to be true I suppose.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zirconbasu18

Activity: 187
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:14:57 AM

Initially there will always be loses. Keep trying different trading strategies and take it slow. You learn from the loses various ways of setting the price and reading the market movement. Take opportunity in good dips and take help from coinmarketcap to study the coin price history of atleast 1 week . It will help.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:20:18 AM

I looked at my pc screen 247, 20 hours out of the 24 hours in a day. I am familiar with all the trading signs like hammer,  inverted hammer, doji. But even with these I still lost while trading. Most times, I decided not to trade without news from a particular project but even with a huge news like partnership, burning folks, I end up still losing.
What's really the cause? And how can I trade without losing much?

You want to trade without losing anything, just don't trade because its at that point you realise that all of your statistics, the announcement, the news, the ban, or even the delisting, does not apply you will still face the element of losing. However, if you want to minimise that, by letting go of the massive profit that could accrue from the trading of alt, you then need to focus on major coins starting from bitcoin, ETH, LTC etc. Buy now, then deicide whether you want to hold long term or short term. With that you are sure of neutralising the loss that could come with the pure reliance on alts.
jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:38:58 AM

I looked at my pc screen 247, 20 hours out of the 24 hours in a day. I am familiar with all the trading signs like hammer,  inverted hammer, doji. But even with these I still lost while trading. Most times, I decided not to trade without news from a particular project but even with a huge news like partnership, burning folks, I end up still losing.

You want to trade without losing anything, just don't trade because its at that point you realise that all of your statistics, the announcement, the news, the ban, or even the delisting, does not apply you will still face the element of losing. However, if you want to minimise that, by letting go of the massive profit that could accrue from the trading of alt, you then need to focus on major coins starting from bitcoin, ETH, LTC etc. Buy now, then deicide whether you want to hold long term or short term. With that you are sure of neutralising the loss that could come with the pure reliance on alts.
Trading without losing i'm sure difficult unless you would hold for a long term that much pretty assure that you can got minimal lose.
Yes i agreed with you that always updating the news or events regarding the crypto currencies to reduced you possible loss, focus on the high quality coins just like bitcoin other top 5 altcoins those already trusted and well known coins from the market and hold it for a long term. Long term holding is lower risk compared to short term, if you see that you have already your profit then that's the time you sell of it.

carriebee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:50:34 AM

Initially there will always be loses. Keep trying different trading strategies and take it slow. You learn from the loses various ways of setting the price and reading the market movement. Take opportunity in good dips and take help from coinmarketcap to study the coin price history of atleast 1 week . It will help.
In trading losing is always present when trading an altcoin. Strategies can contributes to enhance your performance in trading the way on how you do trading. Always learned from mistakes because it will definitely help you to be successful in trading.
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:38:55 AM

Bitcoin has provided opportunities for one to make money through trading and we should all take advantage of this but for you to trade without losing is what you cannot really do as there is no man or woman that can accurately predict the market and because of this you cannot actually trade forex or cryptocurrencies without loses and you have to make provision for this before venture into trading. Bitcoin trading is very profitable but you cannot really make it without loses.
Heyyyrenz

Activity: 308
Merit: 267

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:47:29 AM

You can't. You can't trade without losing it's the nature of the cryptocurrency trading industry/market even though you know so much about the signs, strategy, etc you can't control the markets price and you can't have an assurance profit there will always a risk in cryptocurrency trading.

That's what the traders should know, not because you know about strategies, signs etc. you will not going to lose. the risk is always there because we don't hold the demand in the market and predicts the price because it all depends on the people if many people buys the price will increase and when people sells the price will gets lower. So there's no such thing as safe in trading, you have to take the risk in order to earn. Remember only to invest what you can afford to lose.
sofi@

Activity: 238
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:16:36 AM

Trading is taking risk, as much as you don't want to experience loss from it you cannot control the market and what's gonna happen next. The only thing you can do to lessen the risk of failure and loss is by choosing the best investment and make sure not to trade them when you think the value is not good enough but as we all know its very unpredictable for us to be sure that such investment will really earn.

Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:24:03 AM

Two basic things are against you, OP. Even the best of traders would lose under the same conditions. The first is Your Emotion should be out under check. Devoid yourself of emotions whenever you are trading. Second, learn to read and follow The News. It isn't enough just to base your trades on TA (Technical Analysis). Always add news to your TA. It aids trades.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1220

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 08:34:19 AM

Maybe you have been putting too much time into this (you said 24-7) and thus your brain is not functioning correctly. Maybe you need to give it a rest and then come back to crypto with a fresh mind a few days later.

This can sometimes help newbies who are losing too much in trading. Also depending on what type of crypto you are trading you have to decide whether you are going to hodl it or you are going to day-trade it. For day trading I cant tell you anything because I am more of a Hodler. From what you say you seem to be a day-trader and I suggest you to try hodling for a change.

To become a hodler you should stockpile coins worth hodling everytime they drop and sell some at times to cut losses.

See if hodling works for you and let us know.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Fuhre

Activity: 644
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:37:27 AM

not a trade if it has not felt lost, this is a real risk! call it a day to complain and get negative. if someone has joined in this world, it means he has know will all the risks * smile *
smart people will think that losing is a sign of future success, we will be more mature in making strategy because never felt lost.
note:
"Many of life's failures are people who do not realize how close they are to success when they give up."
laluna24

Activity: 511
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:43:08 AM

Trading without losing is like a perfection in trading history. It is impossible you do trading without losing I don't know anyone trading had a perfect goals. The market is very volatile we might tend to lose and we might win the game. In order for us to win without losing we should always learned the market struggles because this way we can cope up to be a good trader.
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:58:19 AM

I do not think that anyone able to trade without loses. If your profits are more that your loses, than accept it and research if you can minimize your loses.
strongwarrior238

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:04:48 AM

I think it's really hard to trade without loss and that's impossible. No matter how good you are, you can not guarantee 100% winning percentage. So we can only minimize the risk, not risk. To minimize the risk, you need to practice good charting skills and always observe the market movements so that you can synthesize and have specific plans for each project.
Andrey123

Activity: 1750
Merit: 305

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:14:39 AM

Because it only works on Forex!
Where all the news is known in advance and understand the price movement.

Analyzing crypto-coins is useless!
Neither candle analysis, nor Fibonacci will tell where the price will be in an hour.
This is all visible only in the past, but this knowledge is already useless.
Until you realize this, there will be losses.

Hello! Voluntary donations that will go towards the development of my coin.
34bwEhH3GMx6swYXt2NBfFbYGkdTcaWtXz....BTC

natsu01

Activity: 392
Merit: 21

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:23:57 AM

Just but the altcoins that you think have the potential to reach a higher price and have patience.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:27:33 AM

If you want to trade, better surround your self with people who trade as well if you can do it literally much better but following another trader who makes a lot of money in trading will not hurt you. I follow a lot of traders in twitter, traders that posts technical analysis, graphs, charts with explanation. However, it doesn't give you a guarantee that when you trade you will not lose. It gives you insight of how they think. At the end of the day, its still you who will decide when to buy and sell.
Nylelyn

Activity: 296
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:51:29 AM

Actually in life it's not always a Win-Win game. It is the same with bitcoin - sometimes you loose some but make sure that you have to win more and bigger to cover the losses you encounter. However, as we practice more, losses will be minimize and profit will be a lot greater because you will be able to identify situation and will be more cautious in decision making.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WORLDOPOLY ◈     ▐   FACEBOOKANN THREADTELEGRAM ┃ TWITTER ┃ INSTAGRAM           ▌    JOIN OUR ICO  26 Feb-21 Jun
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
albos

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:58:52 AM

The main reason why you are losing is because you buy on news!!!
The first rule of traders is t buy on rumors and sell on news.  Roll Eyes
Uko21 (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 10:07:32 AM

The main reason why you are losing is because you buy on news!!!
The first rule of traders is t buy on rumors and sell on news.  Roll Eyes
But at times the rumor turn out not to be true.
Beside rumors really don't push  price up on most project.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: