Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:17:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What do you think about changing the retarget?
Good - 20 (52.6%)
Bad - 18 (47.4%)
Total Voters: 38

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ByteCoin Poll (PLZ Sticky)  (Read 28744 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ahmed_bodi (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 09:54:12 AM

agreed. i will also be setting up a multipool like pool but with merged mining too. which i will explain later

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
movellan

Activity: 357
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 02:43:03 AM

agreed. i will also be setting up a multipool like pool but with merged mining too. which i will explain later

Thanks so much for leaving a few crumbs for us ignorant solo miners. Nice to see you have our future so well-planned.  Hmmmm.........almost like Obamacare, and executed with the same contumely and arrogance. And this from one who admits he doesn't even mine.

There has been a lot of hot air hereabouts concerning the abilities of the "forkers" to know what's best for the rest of us. Well then, go ahead and execute your scheme and let's see what happens.

ASICSRUS

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Expert Computer Geek

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 03:02:26 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2013, 04:03:27 AM by ASICSRUS

iyo : would this change/fork increase the speed of coin production?..also how might we effect a 8 to 1 ratio to BTC whereas:  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byte
"" The byte[coin] /ˈbaɪt/ is a unit of digital information in computing and telecommunications that most commonly consists of eight bits[coin]. ..""  

big ups! Roll Eyes tia!

✰ If You Risk Nothing, You Risk Everything | PrimeDice.com | The New Way To Roll | *Thread*

<3<3:::LOVE^YOUR^NEIGHBOR!!!:::|+i|_33+(((PLEASE)))====>Donate if you like me!~> 157YEcD4WQ9UbhZ7NSC2FpuaYfxHe3JgF2
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 10:39:43 PM

Everybody feel free to use the CCE Bytecoin server as an addnode to help with syncing.

addnode=84.200.4.218

The blockchain list is stuck at 26,774.

I try to be respectful and informed.
movellan

Activity: 357
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:22:48 PM

Everybody feel free to use the CCE Bytecoin server as an addnode to help with syncing.

addnode=84.200.4.218

Yes, and the reason it's stuck is because ahmed_bodi and his "forker" crowd were counting down till the diff dropped and then pounced on the coin with big ASIC units, and reaped a bundle unit the diff rose again. This from a guy who claimed he didn't mine and only wanted to fork BTE for the good of the coin. See his own admission of perfidy at....

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=304452.msg3275648#msg3275648

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:40:20 PM

addnode=84.200.4.218

Yes, and the reason it's stuck is because ahmed_bodi and his "forker" crowd were counting down till the diff dropped and then pounced on the coin with big ASIC units, and reaped a bundle unit the diff rose again. This from a guy who claimed he didn't mine and only wanted to fork BTE for the good of the coin. See his own admission of perfidy at....

even if this is the product of a malicious attack it still makes it clear that the merged mining patch is necessary. the fact that he was able to bring the blockchain to a halt is pretty good evidence that his changes are worth while.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 12:09:52 AM

addnode=84.200.4.218

Several people are mining at this moment.  The correct block count at 2013-11-23 23:27:06 GMT is 28,605.  Blocks are being mined, the web page is not updating correctly.

dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 12:43:56 AM

addnode=84.200.4.218

Several people are mining at this moment.  The correct block count at 2013-11-23 23:27:06 GMT is 28,605.  Blocks are being mined, the web page is not updating correctly.

Block explorer is now in sync.

Next time, somebody may try to send me a PM or e-mail when they notice. This is especially true with a coin in the state Bytecoin is in. It is not unusual for the the Block chain to get stuck due to high difficulty and low miner hash. I have seen the Bytecoin chain get stuck for many days, so it was not unusual for me to see the last block on the explorer a few days behind.

However, this time for some reason ABE was stuck on that block. Normally when a explorer gets stuck it is because the coin daemon crashed. This time I had no indication that ABE was stuck as there were no error messages and the daemon was running. I had to completely rebuild the database to fix the issue.

So please, next time, send me a message of some sort or even post in the Cryptocoinexplorer thread, instead of just posting the issue in a forum thread which I might not see.  Thank you.

ahmed_bodi (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 01:20:30 AM

addnode=84.200.4.218

even if this is the product of a malicious attack it still makes it clear that the merged mining patch is necessary. the fact that he was able to bring the blockchain to a halt is pretty good evidence that his changes are worth while.
Thanks, and point proven movellan. i never had an asic to mine (although i wish i did) but many people i know did and as shown the blockchain was taken to a halt with ease. we had no malicious intenentions at all. however if someone did have one, then its safe to say bytecoin would suffer a painful death. and thats not even from my mouth. Even warren @ litecoin agreed to it. and hes not someone to be taken lightly

ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 03:09:21 AM

Block explorer is now in sync.

Next time, somebody may try to send me a PM or e-mail when they notice. This is especially true with a coin in the state Bytecoin is in. It is not unusual for the the Block chain to get stuck due to high difficulty and low miner hash. I have seen the Bytecoin chain get stuck for many days, so it was not unusual for me to see the last block on the explorer a few days behind.

However, this time for some reason ABE was stuck on that block. Normally when a explorer gets stuck it is because the coin daemon crashed. This time I had no indication that ABE was stuck as there were no error messages and the daemon was running. I had to completely rebuild the database to fix the issue.

So please, next time, send me a message of some sort or even post in the Cryptocoinexplorer thread, instead of just posting the issue in a forum thread which I might not see.  Thank you.

Thanks.  I just searched for a cryptocoinexplorer thread, and found this one.

WWW.CRYPTOCOINEXPLORER.COM

Let me know about any issues or ideas you may have.

Please donate if you can , VPS hosting has a cost associated with it.  Grin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: