Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:13:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BPMC Launch BF1 USB miner - probably the fastest USB miner in the World  (Read 42011 times)
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:07:33 AM

BPMC are very pleased to announce that we have limited numbers of the single BitFury chip USB miner in hand and for sale.
These units are re-programmable and hash at 2.5Gh/s with present installed firmware on bfgminer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB3U7iyiauk

more details tomorrow,

cheers,
kev

When you say they are re-programmable, to what extent is that possible? Could they be reprogrammed to work with VanityGen for example, to allow for custom Vanity addressess to be generated?

My guess Kev is talking about new firmware for CGMiner if we can get that done. Interesting though maybe that is possible we can ask the EE on that.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bicknellski

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:07:50 AM

$130 per chip... already 10$ out.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:07:56 AM

they all want to get rich out of miners, they found out that this is the best way. pathetic ...

That is wholly untrue.

Rich? I suggest you might want to find out the cost of fabrication and add that chip price to it then the time and effort for the development etc... there is no one in the Coop getting rich off these units. We priced where we can make a small profit for our members. We can't do any more than that with this run of units so do the calculations and determine if it is worth it. Not much more we can do than say that. But please do not think we are trying sucker people we want to offer the units out to the community if they buy they buy if they don't they don't.

we wont argue about your intentions, but who ever buy these at this price is a real sucker.
Bicknellski

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:12:53 AM

Assuming a price of ~120 a chip, at current exchange rates Im still seeing over 150 in other costs. If you include a "small" profit, are yalls assembly costs really more expensive than the chip?

130$ is what we paid. Not at current exchange.

You have not calculated everything in and not accounted for the size of the production run, I would love to see your exact cost breakdown from start to finish including the EE etc. Your off the cuff calculations do not match with my spreadsheet.

I suggest that the "profit" here is minimal given the numbers produced and the time and money invested just to get this prototype working. Obviously $130 (1 BTC) would be selling at a loss. So again we are not gouging we are not profiteering here we are putting out a unit at the best price we can offer if people do want to buy that is the situation.

keeron

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:13:32 AM

Really unhappy with the pricing. With it being 1btc, would have picked up quite a few. With it being 2.1 (and all the args about USB hubs and extra ports), I will go to AM any day. .10 is their bulk price, and .16 is for anyone (no min) from Canary's group buy thread. You get these in couple of days!

Sorry but you had a great opportunity that you just blew up.
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:16:01 AM

Assuming a price of ~120 a chip, at current exchange rates Im still seeing over 150 in other costs. If you include a "small" profit, are yalls assembly costs really more expensive than the chip?

130$ is what we paid. Not at current exchange.

You have not calculated everything in and not accounted for the size of the production run, I would love to see your exact cost breakdown from start to finish including the EE etc. Your off the cuff calculations do not match with my spreadsheet.

I suggest that the "profit" here is minimal given the numbers produced and the time and money invested just to get this prototype working. Obviously $130 (1 BTC) would be selling at a loss. So again we are not gouging we are not profiteering here we are putting out a unit at the best price we can offer if people do want to buy that is the situation.

I assume you paid $130 per chip. In USD.
At current exchange rates you are asking almost $300 (2.1 *130/per miner)

I didnt calculate anything beyond that. Nothing "off the cuff" or anything of the sort. I am just asking did it really cost $100+ per unit in R&D, manufacture etc.
Bicknellski

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:21:13 AM

they all want to get rich out of miners, they found out that this is the best way. pathetic ...

That is wholly untrue.

Rich? I suggest you might want to find out the cost of fabrication and add that chip price to it then the time and effort for the development etc... there is no one in the Coop getting rich off these units. We priced where we can make a small profit for our members. We can't do any more than that with this run of units so do the calculations and determine if it is worth it. Not much more we can do than say that. But please do not think we are trying sucker people we want to offer the units out to the community if they buy they buy if they don't they don't.

we wont argue about your intentions, but who ever buy these at this price is a real sucker.

Well the sort of language "sucker" seems to me unfair and not really germane to what we are trying to provide in terms of these units and their value. Again do careful calculations and make your choice. Also I would hasten to add there is a value to having these in the hands of the bitcoin community in terms of balancing the marketplace. If you simply ignore the competition pricing policies that are predatory and then put this offering on the same plane you are missing the future potential that more products like this have to stop that sort of predatory pricing. There is often MORE value in supporting a competitor today so that diversity allows for lower prices tomorrow. Just something to think about when you are calling people suckers. I see it more as supporting competition as the second or third run of these units will fall more closely to price / ROI expectations. Of course that is my own SPIN on this... you can agree or disagree.

monsieurmarc

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:30:30 AM

Minimum order 5.
Shame that I would of liked one from the hobby miner angle.

Good luck with it all the same.
Bicknellski

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:30:51 AM

Really unhappy with the pricing. With it being 1btc, would have picked up quite a few. With it being 2.1 (and all the args about USB hubs and extra ports), I will go to AM any day. .10 is their bulk price, and .16 is for anyone (no min) from Canary's group buy thread. You get these in couple of days!

There is either we sell at the price you expect and do that at a loss or we do it at a price we can afford to let them go. If that is a disappointment to you I am sorry, and given our history with community this is not the end or it has BLOWN UP... we are being forthright and honest to the community. Here is the price. Calculate carefully and make your choice. I am sure our other units in the future will not have as a razor thin margin and we can make a much better effort next time. Let's not get all end of the world about this... we have posted a price but it is not the last thing our COOP will produce.

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:31:55 AM

The thing that always gets me about people complaining about the price of ASIC's is this: How much would you sell your machine that prints money for? That's essentially the question. You sell it for more money then it prints.Thats the answer (essentially, minus consideration for electricity costs and other stuff). So ASIC vendors in their right mind always have to sell them for more then they make, and ASIC purchasers are always taking the risk they never make their money back. Essentially. But no need to call people names about it. If you don't want to pay 2.1 BTC, don't buy them. It's not like they mind the inventory languishing in the warehouse. And by warehouse I mean USB hubs.

more or less retired.
Bicknellski

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:33:32 AM

Minimum order 5.

Unfortunately I don't think Kev wants to be boxing hundreds and hundreds of single units day after day... had to have an MOQ.

Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:34:40 AM

If people are wondering why the cost is what it is.
Some reasons:
- we need to recover what we invested
- we payed extra for development chips
- we payed extra for getting components and fab as fast as possible
- chip alone costs 1BTC
- payed for all the hubs to test them on
- transferring hardware around
- labour costs

Everything adds up. We wish we could sell these at $50 but in reality it is impossible. When bitfury chip price drops we will be able to offer our units considerably cheaper. It is not cheap designing a new USB miner. I understand people wanting to get them cheap. These are almost 8x more powerful then the nearest competitor. If we where able to get chips cheaper then we would happily sell the units cheaper. But we can't sell at a loss.

If you have any problems feel free to contact any of our team and we will do our best to answer them.

Message me if you have any problems
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:39:52 AM

If people are wondering why the cost is what it is.
Some reasons:
- we need to recover what we invested
- we payed extra for development chips
- we payed extra for getting components and fab as fast as possible
- chip alone costs 1BTC
- payed for all the hubs to test them on
- transferring hardware around
- labour costs

Everything adds up. We wish we could sell these at $50 but in reality it is impossible. When bitfury chip price drops we will be able to offer our units considerably cheaper. It is not cheap designing a new USB miner. I understand people wanting to get them cheap. These are almost 8x more powerful then the nearest competitor. If we where able to get chips cheaper then we would happily sell the units cheaper. But we can't sell at a loss.

If you have any problems feel free to contact any of our team and we will do our best to answer them.
See thats what I was looking for.
Already emailed about ordering.
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:43:27 AM

There is either we sell at the price you expect and do that at a loss or we do it at a price we can afford to let them go. If that is a disappointment to you I am sorry, and given our history with community this is not the end or it has BLOWN UP... we are being forthright and honest to the community. Here is the price. Calculate carefully and make your choice. I am sure our other units in the future will not have as a razor thin margin and we can make a much better effort next time. Let's not get all end of the world about this... we have posted a price but it is not the last thing our COOP will produce.

well you are really not offering any kind of competition here, these prices doesn't encourage the end user to invest in mining.... when I think about buying a miner I would like to get my investment back after X months, then yes any one buying these for 2.1 will never return his investment which means that he want to burn his money, or simply he is a sucker so sorry to put it out this way .

The thing that always gets me about people complaining about the price of ASIC's is this: How much would you sell your machine that prints money for? That's essentially the question. You sell it for more money then it prints.Thats the answer (essentially, minus consideration for electricity costs and other stuff). So ASIC vendors in their right mind always have to sell them for more then they make, and ASIC purchasers are always taking the risk they never make their money back. Essentially. But no need to call people names about it. If you don't want to pay 2.1 BTC, don't buy them. It's not like they mind the inventory languishing in the warehouse. And by warehouse I mean USB hubs.

think again about the definition of a printing machine, let me help you out, a printing machine is that machine you pay for with X BTC and get Y BTC, and Y>X , a machine that costs more than what will ever make is not a money printing machine but a waste of money and energy, well it is a printing money machine only for the seller because he will make more money out of it if he simply sell than mine.  

Edit: crazy_rabbit sorry I just realized that we were talking about the same point here, my apologies
monsieurmarc

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:46:45 AM

Minimum order 5.

Unfortunately I don't think Kev wants to be boxing hundreds and hundreds of single units day after day... had to have an MOQ.

I can't imagine I would want to either. 
Maybe he can be bribed with alcohol  Wink
Datto

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:52:45 AM

With the Diff due to rise again in the next couple of days, this will affect the selling price of every ASIC device majorly .
Unless the device can pay for its self within the 4 months it will not sell.
While 10GHs blades at 4BTC and Erupters  running at 3GHs (9 * 0.0109) 1BTC are just about dumping there stock in a panic
before another diff change.
These BF1 at 2.3GHs 2.1BTC will most likely not sell on this forum
might see panic selling in the next couple of weeks
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 07:55:09 AM

Minimum order 5.

Yes putting a $290 item that you selling into a box is such a chore.  Cheesy
Bicknellski

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 08:44:21 AM

Minimum order 5.

Sure is if you are the only one doing it 1000x.

Datto

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 08:51:09 AM

[/quote]

Sure is if you are the only one doing it 1000x.
[/quote]

Dont think there is going to be any 1000x sales at this price lol
jeroenn13

Activity: 644

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 08:53:17 AM

Also not interested in this price.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████