Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:06:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL vs Day trading  (Read 3618 times)
Coin12

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

1st of May

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:05:07 PM

It depends on many factors, and there is a large area between these two. Trading requires skills and experience. Potentially, it is more profitable than holding, but not everyone can do it. Trading is dangerous, it is equally possible to loose a lot. Actually, one can do both, hold the majority and trade small amounts, or hold bitcoins and trade altcoins. Personally, I prefer to hold all my BTC and occasionally (rarely) trade some altcoins, usually not within a day.

Day trade is more profitable like you say because we gain daily profit. But how if we dont get profit? Because its difficult.
Holding is not always low profitable because when you decide to hold and the price hit 10x or more, and it will be more profitable.

》》  HashCard   ∥|▌ REVOLUTIONISING HOW YOU USE CREDIT & DEBIT CARDS
▌|∥     JOIN WHITELIST     ∥|▐
Whitepaper TelegramTwitterFacebookMediumGithubYoutubeANN Thread

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:16:49 PM

It depends on many factors, and there is a large area between these two. Trading requires skills and experience. Potentially, it is more profitable than holding, but not everyone can do it. Trading is dangerous, it is equally possible to loose a lot. Actually, one can do both, hold the majority and trade small amounts, or hold bitcoins and trade altcoins. Personally, I prefer to hold all my BTC and occasionally (rarely) trade some altcoins, usually not within a day.

Day trade is more profitable like you say because we gain daily profit. But how if we dont get profit? Because its difficult.
Holding is not always low profitable because when you decide to hold and the price hit 10x or more, and it will be more profitable.

Can't really compare the two that much. Day trades do have the potential of making a decent daily profit. Though it also can give you daily losses. I agree that certain skill sets would have to be applied if you're day trading. For holding, you can't hold forever and though its a lot more safe than agressive trading, you still have to study to get yourself a realistic target

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Markperop

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:15:56 PM

In general, since the price of coins throughout the day can change several times, it means that there is an opportunity to earn a lot more on the difference in price than passive storage.

HELLO EVERYONE.
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:24:29 PM

Hi. Just wanted to know u guys opinion of do the day trading and hold. Thank you in advance.

Just make the test:

1. Take a paper and a pencil
2. write 10 BTC on your paper (congratulations, you now own 10 BTC)
3. Invest this BTC, note on your papers your buying prices (don't forget trading fees and withdr./deposit costs)
4. Follow your invests and sell/buy
5. Note the time you spent on trading during a day.
6. if you can't spend 20 hours a day DON'T day trade.
because day trading is more risky than holding a coin. you have to standby and allocate a long time to use day trading dude. when you buy a coin then you have to keep an eye on the market because the occasion of selling sometimes comes just a minute. yeah if you do not have a long time for this. i think don't use day trading dude. better holding your coin
MV7

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:32:46 PM

It really depends on the time you have available. If you are working a full time job, it's basically impossible to day trade. Day trading also requires a lot of skill in trading, and without this skill, you may lose more money than by just HODLing.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:35:56 PM

I would rather HODL.

You are already at risk with Holding and I dont want to increase that risk again by trading it. Somehow it looks like a gamble too. But only for picked coins. e.g. bitcoin and ethereum
Other coins and tokens which somehow I can afford to lose can be traded through bitcoin again then back. But it is good to separate that from your HODL savings.
Joriecoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:40:53 PM

It really depends on the time you have available. If you are working a full time job, it's basically impossible to day trade. Day trading also requires a lot of skill in trading, and without this skill, you may lose more money than by just HODLing.

Yeah, it's not that easy to do day trading especially if you're a newbie in cryptocurrency. If you're not that familiar about trading, better hold whatever coins you have. Do more research and familiarize the market well. But even if you're expert with day trading, it is still less risky if you just hold your coin.
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:48:06 PM

Yeah, it's not that easy to do day trading especially if you're a newbie in cryptocurrency. If you're not that familiar about trading, better hold whatever coins you have. Do more research and familiarize the market well. But even if you're expert with day trading, it is still less risky if you just hold your coin.

I definitely agree! Even the veterans in  crypto trading find it hard to do day trading. If you are not well experience on how the market moves, do not go into day trading. Much better do medium or long term trading. You can minimize the risks by doing it.
JungleOnion

Activity: 868
Merit: 279

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 02:58:02 PM

Hi. Just wanted to know u guys opinion of do the day trading and hold. Thank you in advance.

it all depends in your technical knowledge and the trading skills you have. It is not advisable in any way to day trade if you lack basic understanding of how the markets work, so to not miss the party or chances of profiting, most people just hodl knowing eventually the market will pump their bags. Everyone in crypto is a winner so far because everything appreciate it in USD value so no matter your trading skills, holding was the best option, not the most efficient, but the most recomendable. However, there's good bags to hold, and others not so good. You will always have to do your research about projects and potential growth for them, so while you educate yourself in fundamental knowledge, you might as well educate yourself in a technical approach so eventually you will stop hodling just because, and will start making more inform decisions on were you want your money to be sitting on. hodling might be the best, just as always being fed the fish, who wouldn't love that, but you should really learn about fishing if you want to sail the tidal waves Smiley
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:09:53 PM

For me depend on the circumstances, if the market conditions are good for trading I would do it, but if the market conditions move downhill I do not dare to do. However for hodl I always do it because this is the safest way of investing or trading in cryptocurrency.But the weakness of hodl we have to be patient and not be fooled by the various information that comes, stay calm and believe the price of coins will be high in the future.
xhienigat

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:02:48 PM

I agree with some here that you need to be a skilled trader to do trading, holding is much easier to deal with because you will just buy a certain coin and not sell them for a couple of months or years while day trading would need knowledge especially in the technical analysis part and would need lots of time waiting for the pump and dump of the coin.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
             ▄███▌ █
            ▀▀▀██▄  █
          ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
         █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
        ▄██ ███▄    █
       ▐███▀   ▀█   █
       ████     █   █
      ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
      ▀▄▄███▌      █
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
              █  ▄▀
              ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
 ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
  ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄ ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
   ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
  ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
    ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
    ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████ ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
    █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
    ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                               ▄█████
                                                                           ▄███████▀
                                                                           ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
 LIGHTPAPER
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:03:40 PM

Hodl is the best thing to do in trading. Because in hodling, you got to find a good position that you'll hold for the long term. And that is greater profits than what you can earn from day trades.
Marrionbitcoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:34:09 PM

In my experience, I found that holding Bitcoin or other crypto currencies will give you much income and very hassle free because you are just awaiting for the prices to go  down to buy and then hold until you have reached the desired income.
On the other hand, day trading is also good however you really need to keep yourself updated on what Altcoins or when will the prices goes up and you must be very quick and decisive whether to sell or buy. It looks like hassle but in the long run you will cope up with the movements of prices in trading.
For me, as long as you are earning income and you really like what you do, just go for it and you can never go wrong about it because you enjoy trading or holding. Goodluck!
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:11:02 PM

I definitely agree! Even the veterans in  crypto trading find it hard to do day trading. If you are not well experience on how the market moves, do not go into day trading. Much better do medium or long term trading. You can minimize the risks by doing it.

The well seasoned traders are able to allocate much of their time in trading because they rely on the income which they get from this. Some even consider this as a regular job because trading has been very profitable for them. This isn’t for everyone and if you’re not the type of person who can control their emotions and at the same time, be always updated of the prices then I think this is not for you. In day trading, you would be able to profit much faster as compared to hodling but there is much more risk because you may lose your money faster as well.
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:14:54 PM

Holding of bitcoin for your future is always good.
We know the price of bitcoin will reach 100,000$ soon.We can choose the bitcoin to inverse our money.
If you want to buy bitcoin means,day trading is always good.Because ,in the day time the price of bitcoin will be low as come to the end of the day.I was holding nearly 0.05 btc in my wallet for the price to reach the maximum value.
royale143

Activity: 294
Merit: 36

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:52:11 PM

That's right. Also, it depends on your goal. Holding is more of a long term type of venture wherein you buy promising coins and hold them out for months or even years at a time until they gain substantial value, thus, come the time they have enough value, you can sell them or trade them for profit. On the other hand, day trading is a short term venture; you buy low valued coins and trade them actively in a matter of days or weeks to be able to gain small but good profit. The key here is getting more of those coins, so even if you could trade or sell them for a small gain, the quantity would give you fair profit.

AlexKr

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:24:02 PM

HODL has an advantage-it's quite profitable and takes little time. But there is one drawback - if you have little working capital, then for a long time you cannot keep a coins. But if you buying and sell coins - the daily risk is higher, but the capital turns around faster. Everyone chooses a way for their skills and abilities.
Bitexpert2017

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:32:50 PM

It will always depend on your capability and skills to do so. If you do not have experience in trading, it's better to hold.
traderperspective

Activity: 94

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:16:56 PM

There are no certain answer to this kind of question. What is possible to say is that much more people are better off with a buy and hold strategy. But if you have experience and are a profitable trader, then you’ll be able to make it in crypto as well.
Just don’t make the mistake and think that you are smarter than the majority and that you can beat the crypto market with a trading strategy over a buy and hold strategy. He humble and spend time learning, before starting to trade actively.
traderperspective

Activity: 94

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:17:34 PM

There are no certain answer to this kind of question. What is possible to say is that much more people are better off with a buy and hold strategy. But if you have experience and are a profitable trader, then you’ll be able to make it in crypto as well.
Just don’t make the mistake and think that you are smarter than the majority and that you can beat the crypto market with a trading strategy over a buy and hold strategy. He humble and spend time learning, before starting to trade actively.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: