Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:37:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL vs Day trading  (Read 3622 times)
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:20:39 AM

I am now playing both roles as hodler and trader Wink

This is really possible specially when you are holding great coins and trading with the small coins. Day trading requires more time but not necessary needs to be monitored every second. Holding on the other hand is good for those who don't have background much on trading so I think it will always depend on your skills and knowledge, better to know what is more important to you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ausgewielt

Activity: 453
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:27:03 AM

Hi. Just wanted to know u guys opinion of do the day trading and hold. Thank you in advance.
I suggest you to hold. Day trading is not so good. For me its only gambling in trading platform. Buy coins which only have good fundamentals. Try to find coin which can give you pasive income. I will give you an information, there is ICO of Dimension Network it is trading platfom. If you buy the token then you will get pasive income in certain period. The ICO is live now. You can earn income without do day trading.

crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:56:30 AM

Hi. Just wanted to know u guys opinion of do the day trading and hold. Thank you in advance.

It will always depend on your capability and skills to do so, if you are not confident on trading then better to invest and hold on it. Don't seek for easy money through trading cause its risky specially to those who have no knowledge on that. Holding is one of the best and easiest way to earn profit, so I suggest start on holding and if you are knowledgeable enough then start to trade.
Trubadur

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:02:20 AM

Using bots (e.g GunBot) could help for trading but unless you know what you're doing, I wouldn't recommend day trading. Hodling is better If you're not in a rush for profit.
Have you ever used bots? I am a bit confused about bots. Users of these third parties are very divided. Could you give a bit more insights of your personal experience if you have one, please?
darkywis

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:13:45 AM

You can earn much much more in day trading compare to holding but its more riskier if you don't know the flow of the market.

arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:46:21 AM

Trading is far more profitable and risky than buying bitcoin and holding. Traders do take advantage of the dip to buy and sell when it is pumping with a short time investment in mind and buying and holding has the mind to just hold his coin for a long time with the aim of making a high profit buy selling at the high price one time. Many that sell high at $19,000 has make good profit and they have bought again to trade when the price go up again that is the work of traders!
enawati

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

https://adonx.one

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:12:06 AM

Actually which profitable depend on the situation of the market, When any bad news and many FUD day trading will be more profitable than hodling. But for day trading we have to spend more time for that because we should be doing buy n sell many time and also use cut loss strategy when any bad news to minimize the risk.

IndzheborgC

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:32:21 AM

As one of the options for trading, try using free software that automates this process. They allow you to reduce the marginal loss in the drawdown rate.
Gusk

Activity: 420
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:35:02 AM

If you have experience in trading then of course trading, so you can quickly increase your deposit. Especially in recent times on such corrections. Hold it in principle, as well as trade only passive, bought and forgotten, for beginners, then, of course, the asset must be promising!

otunayode

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:35:31 AM

Both strategy are required for a trader to be successful. Day trading provides you with liquidity and you get to have cash flow for short term demand while Holding secure your chances of getting rich and probably becoming wealthy as a result if your holding for many years.

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P crypto exchange   ]      ▬▬▬▬    THE MOST ADVANCED P2P
                                      Telegram        Twitter                   CRYPTO EXCHANGE PLATFORM
                                                    Bitcointalk      Facebook            [   ◾◾◾ JOIN ICO      WHITEPAPER   ]
AVAMONEY

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:37:09 AM

For now i would prefer to choose day trading. Since the volatile was so high in daily, seems hodl coins for long term only could get not much profit. But if you do daily trading it can have good profit. But take daily trading will have high risk, means you can lose all your asset in fast. So if you have no enough experience trading, it not recommended.
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:43:01 AM

Depending on your strategy of investment in cryptocurrencies, if you want make long term investment just buying and holding for long time but if you want get active income daily from trading just do daily trading alternative coins. For them both are good and depending on the condition of markets in the future, if the trend of price is very strong up for long time i will hold but if the price is starting down trend, i will sell the coins even if stop loss be needed, i will do it.
dindadida

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:30:45 AM

you need to know that traders and investors that have differences.
if the trader will buy coin at a cheap price and sell above the price when he buy. he will also sell it in a predetermined loss. to avoid greater losses.
while an investor will keep it until the price goes up far from the price when he buys. and let it go even though the price is far below.
this is just my opinion.
Sir Cross

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:40:08 AM

Trading is far more profitable and risky than buying bitcoin and holding. Traders do take advantage of the dip to buy and sell when it is pumping with a short time investment in mind and buying and holding has the mind to just hold his coin for a long time with the aim of making a high profit buy selling at the high price one time. Many that sell high at $19,000 has make good profit and they have bought again to trade when the price go up again that is the work of traders!

As compared to holding, you may profit in a short time when you are day trading. When you hold, you would have to wait for a long period of time for you to be able to acquire your profit. You may even have to wait for years. When you day trade, you may gain profit once the price has already gone up and since the nature of cryptocurrencies is very volatile, the price may go up and down at anytime. This allows you to have profits numerous times within the day even because of how frequent price changes.

GoldenLad

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:57:59 AM

Or else you know what you are doing and knows how to do the day trading, very perfectly, apart from that I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I prefer HODLing to it and it have been working perfectly for me. Though, I heard that day trading is also profitable but with the unstable price of the coin recently, I don't think there will be much profit now,  I better hold my coins.
elbimbo012

Activity: 476
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:02:19 AM

If you don't have enough time to monitor market and also don't have enough experience in trading better to hold for long term but if you want a quick earnings and can swallow the risk you can try to do day trade.

astridplomp

Activity: 217
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:34:32 AM

i think trading is only for people who have enough time and patient to trade everyday, also the head to analysis the market to predict the time to sell or buy, it is much harder than just holding however the profit can be much faster and much more than just holding which is just keeping a coin for long term until the price high enough to sell.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:50:04 AM

If you don't have enough time to monitor market and also don't have enough experience in trading better to hold for long term but if you want a quick earnings and can swallow the risk you can try to do day trade.
This is good advised doing day trading if you have enough time to monitor all your coins. Day trading differ from holding once you have the management skills to do these things. Holding trading is good if aiming for a huge profit unless you are sure on the coins you have.
Dontme

Activity: 798
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:51:30 AM

If you want to do say trade you need to spend more time, especially more money the more you invest the more you win more.  Day trading is so risky And especially it is also difficult but as of they say the more patience you have the more opportunity that money will come to you, that's life in trading. Well, to hodl is to become patient and to control your self in selling it, you have your own goal before sell.
Fraaank

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:55:37 AM

Just make the test:

1. Take a paper and a pencil
2. write 10 BTC on your paper (congratulations, you now own 10 BTC)
3. Invest this BTC, note on your papers your buying prices (don't forget trading fees and withdr./deposit costs)
4. Follow your invests and sell/buy
5. Note the time you spent on trading during a day.
6. if you can't spend 20 hours a day DON'T day trade.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: