Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:28:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH GPUs miners beware!  (Read 20730 times)
beachbummer (OP)

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:24:58 PM

There are rumours that Bitmain has set its sights on ETH and will be releasing an ASIC in Q2 or Q3 of this year!

https://www.cryptoinfomag.com/2018/02/12/eth-asic-arriving-soon/
Goiyax001

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:44:24 PM

OH No, this is gonna be bad, what will happen to GPU miners it will go down to algo and the current of price? i've heard also 20 series nvia will released not compatible for the mining holy crap.
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:51:09 PM

There are rumours that Bitmain has set its sights on ETH and will be releasing an ASIC in Q2 or Q3 of this year!

LoL
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:04:54 PM

Ahh so Maybe this has some merit.  I mean it’s only asic resistant.  Nothing is asic proof. Just may not be super efficient “yet”.  Anyway. I found  this article you’ll have to translate.  Looks like Bitmain has been some busy bees.  I do have to hand it to them they work hard.  I may have had my disagreements with them on practices etc but hands down they work damn hard.

http://technews.cn/2018/02/12/bitmain-tsmc-dram/

BR

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:07:21 PM

OH No, this is gonna be bad, what will happen to GPU miners it will go down to algo and the current of price? i've heard also 20 series nvia will released not compatible for the mining holy crap.

Lol on the 20 series. Nvidia answers to shareholders.  They talk like crypto wasn’t the bulk of sales but that’s bs.  They will work fine for crypto or watch their share price and sales tumble.  I honestly don’t believe this one bit.

BR

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:13:41 PM

I said this a month ago and trolls as always laughed at me, anyway the end of gpu mining might be into us cause equihash asic prototype has been finalized and are through tests right now. As soon as ethash and equihash are asiced then will not be anything to miners. The end is near trolls, thankgod eth will be going pos, so bitmain and other gpu killers will shoot themselves.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Eyedol-X

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:21:30 PM

Ahh so Maybe this has some merit.  I mean it’s only asic resistant.  Nothing is asic proof. Just may not be super efficient “yet”.  Anyway. I found  this article you’ll have to translate.  Looks like Bitmain has been some busy bees.  I do have to hand it to them they work hard.  I may have had my disagreements with them on practices etc but hands down they work damn hard.

http://technews.cn/2018/02/12/bitmain-tsmc-dram/

BR

Interesting to see what they come back with and how quickly ETH will fast track POS or if they will be able to get it done in time.

ETC I suspect won't do any significant changes because of it.

At this point from what I'm reading, it looks like this won't do too well for equihash algos but who knows what the final product will look like.

EDIT: Saw above comments about the Equihash algos Asic.

This should be good Cheesy
manji

Activity: 210
Merit: 174

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:43:56 PM

oh .. what will happen with my GPUs, maybe the GPUs will be idle or be the toy that is on the wall and the sellers will be a bit disappointed because they have stock his gpu in large quantity also they will be short of profits and gamers a little happy because the price of GPUs will be normal again. But good is the rumours. we'll see what happens if Bitmain releases.

smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:50:08 PM

Well...fuck

AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:00:24 PM

Have you confirmed that there is no any official press release confirmation from the Bitmain team.
If they comes with this proposal it will good when the time difficulty increases on the mining ethereum. Hope this resolve the mining ethereum with the cards to ASIC machines.
Lets for some months to find this will become true or not.
dhouse

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:04:26 PM

Man I want one of those if they exist
hashestohashes

Activity: 63

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:07:17 PM

Bitmain is just guppies in the pond if Samsung brings the guns to the table.
bosshoss00

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:13:05 PM

right, I always thought the cost of DDR5 memory was the limiting factor here at least for Eth
vuli

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

Andrius | Junior Business developer at Unboxed ICO

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 05:17:13 PM

mah, that's bullshit.

Unboxed - rowing community of people getting paid to do what they love to get a share of the $36 billion brands are spending annually on Facebook Ads
Eyedol-X

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:18:57 PM

Have you confirmed that there is no any official press release confirmation from the Bitmain team.
If they comes with this proposal it will good when the time difficulty increases on the mining ethereum. Hope this resolve the mining ethereum with the cards to ASIC machines.
Lets for some months to find this will become true or not.

Well it's on a Chinese Tech News Site today as well - http://technews.cn/2018/02/12/bitmain-tsmc-dram/

Either it's complete BS story or there is some truth to it. Use Google Chrome to Translate.
syrius

Activity: 46

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:19:14 PM

This must not happen.
AlexHa

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:21:53 PM

Thankyou!
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:23:49 PM

right, I always thought the cost of DDR5 memory was the limiting factor here at least for Eth

Is limiting the factor x profit, from the words of charlie lee himself, "nothing can avoid to asic it if a coin becomes so popular" and you trolls should always remember that. As long as gpu mining a coin is at the beginning then nothing to worry about asics, ethash and equihash are popular, so gameover to gpus.

Right now ethash network is fully protected, nobody can have 51% total hashrate, with asics that can be true, right now eth hashrate is totally decentralized, btc hashrate is mostly centralized and that is bad.

By the way, this is a good thing, this will stop retailers selling rx 580 for $1000 and the way things are, soon a rx $580 will be $3000 or even $5000 because there is no stopping to stupidity.

As soon as asics hit equihash and ethash then gpus from $1000 will be sold for $100 and then $50. Gamers will have all the gpus they would ever need or wanted hehe

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 05:36:17 PM

This is expected isnt it? Isnt this kind of the reason they want to switch from PoW to PoS? There is no such thing as "ASIC resistant algorithm", it just takes longer/expensiver hardware to make an asic to these algos, which does not make it profitable. Yet.
ruthbabe

Activity: 966
Merit: 275

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:50:04 PM

oh .. what will happen with my GPUs, maybe the GPUs will be idle or be the toy that is on the wall and the sellers will be a bit disappointed because they have stock his gpu in large quantity also they will be short of profits and gamers a little happy because the price of GPUs will be normal again. But good is the rumours. we'll see what happens if Bitmain releases.

Why panic in the first place. Ethereum is not the only coin. There are lots of profitable coins out there that can be mined through GPU like Monero, Zcash, Bitcoin Gold among others. Also, the Equihash algorithm is more profitable right now than mining Ether as there are no DAG file issues.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: