Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:19:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Biotron.io Announcement - Transparent personal data analytics platform  (Read 29504 times)
wissy

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:05:03 AM

I can decide who will sell my data and who will not? I wonder how this will all work.

Check out the chapter about use cases in the whitepaper.

John creates a Biotron account, downloads the app, installs the web extension and links his car, thermometer, 3D printer, and other IoT devices he owns with his Biotron account. Now John has joined the Biotron nation of millions of people who make money and improve our world by voluntarily sharing their data.

But you can choose which kind of data you wanna sell and which to keep private, right? For example, you don't have problems sharing you browser history, but you don't wanna sell your, let's say, activity app data.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
abod1

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:36:02 AM

Considering the fact that the project intends to integrates personal Data analytics system, allowing transparency in the use of data is really a great start and I will love to see how this totally plays out. Thumbs up.
Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:20:55 AM

I can decide who will sell my data and who will not? I wonder how this will all work.

John creates a Biotron account, downloads the app, installs the web extension and links his car, thermometer, 3D printer, and other IoT devices he owns with his Biotron account. Now John has joined the Biotron nation of millions of people who make money and improve our world by voluntarily sharing their data.

But you can choose which kind of data you wanna sell and which to keep private, right? For example, you don't have problems sharing you browser history, but you don't wanna sell your, let's say, activity app data.

I suppose you must be able to decide what you want to sell/share, unless explicitly specified otherwise

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
king_of_alts

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:35:12 AM

Hello!) Your rating was updated  https://icoholder.com/en/biotron-io-18846
Thank you for keeping us updated!

This ICO rating site looks better than most and it is interesting that they check the team profiles as well.
crazyfrog01

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:41:42 AM

I am not 100% sure but that is how I understood it, share what you want to share and biotron is progressing the data for their customers.

Sandblock  ❱❱  Decentralized consortium of brands and customers
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬          WhitepaperTelegramAnn Thread          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❰ TOKEN SALE ❱ MAY 16
Yasemin

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:09:32 AM

Speaking of data, people will be able to monetize even on medical data? I see a huge demand for that, if researchers have more data they can speed up what they are reaseraching

I am not sure whether the data is to be used for scientific purposes, the main goal of Biotron is to to offer the same social media platforms but where the data generators (users) earn as well in the same profit model

I'm still a bit confused about all the possibilities of earnings of Biotron users, will it be a way to sell our Medical data through your Platform and receive in your token in the Ethereum network? Or in the future will there be a Swap for the chain itself?
I think most likely there will be a swap, because this project will work on the SophiaTX blockchain. It would be nice if the devs clarified this.

But its still an interesting question. When i receive Sophia based tokens on their platform, where and how do i trade them in to buy something ETH based?

If they issue a token there will definetly be a trading system in the wallet like NXT, waves, stellar, etc

If they don't, they should. It would make for a better user experience

But if biotron doesnt have other special use case for each token, we have too much blockchain with its token system already. And also it will blog down the blockchain. ARdor is interesting new sidechain blockchain provider, they can probably use its clone

And thats the reason why ive asked that question. How many purposes for the Biotron token do we have? I there arent many use cases, we need some kind of trading system to exchange them into somethin more useful Tongue

If I remember correctly the use case is to perform trades with other users on the social media platform brought by biotron, but this is just one application I came across reading the wp

Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:28:43 AM

You also get paid by selling your data with their tokens. I guess also to buy the data is the same story?

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
wissy

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:45:46 AM

You also get paid by selling your data with their tokens. I guess also to buy the data is the same story?

Why would an individual buy somebody's data? I think it works only one way, you sell your data, Bitron will collect it, analyze and sell it further to interested companies so they could use this analysis in order to improve their digital marketing campaigns.

levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:26:29 PM

Why would an individual buy somebody's data? I think it works only one way, you sell your data, Bitron will collect it, analyze and sell it further to interested companies so they could use this analysis in order to improve their digital marketing campaigns.

I don't think there would be some obstacle for individuals to buy data but as you stated it would be meaningless and not expecting any individual go for it.

pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:44:29 PM

I don't see any difference between an individual and an organization as long as they are paying the required amount for a certain kind of data.
king_of_alts

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:53:32 PM

I don't see any difference between an individual and an organization as long as they are paying the required amount for a certain kind of data.

I guess there is not much an individual can do with all the data since it will anonomyzed to a certain degree. Otherwise it would be creepy.  Cheesy
viljy

Activity: 1736
Merit: 857

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:56:23 PM

Biotron's CEO reveals their roadmap for 2018. Initial Token Event starts in 6 days - register at www.biotron.io.

Can you tell us why youre not burning the not sold token? Its normally a better idea so you can raise the value of it.
The unsold tokens will be added to the user acquisition pool, which will be distributed among our app users to give further incentive to be a part of our project.

If you can be an application user and get tokens for free, then what profit will investors get if they buy tokens? What is the point of buying tokens?
the_donald

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:49:54 PM

Biotron's CEO reveals their roadmap for 2018. Initial Token Event starts in 6 days - register at www.biotron.io.

Can you tell us why youre not burning the not sold token? Its normally a better idea so you can raise the value of it.
The unsold tokens will be added to the user acquisition pool, which will be distributed among our app users to give further incentive to be a part of our project.

If you can be an application user and get tokens for free, then what profit will investors get if they buy tokens? What is the point of buying tokens?

supply and demand. if there' s demand then price will go up.

cmg12

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:57:10 PM

Free users probably can only obtain a small amount of tokens. Biotron is using this like additional source of marketing
saintkamei

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:20:09 PM

Most businesses prefer raw data from people who are not necessarily filling out forms for the purpose of data analytics. Biotron will have ensure that to profitable in this business. The scandal over Cambridge Analytica and Facebook is for all to see.

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers
# WEBANN + BountyTelegramFacebookTwitterBlog # GET TOKENS #
MandatoryOption

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:51:15 PM

I don't think there would be some obstacle for individuals to buy data but as you stated it would be meaningless and not expecting any individual go for it.

But if a company is interested in buying data from Biotron, will they be able to pay in fiat or do they have to pay Biotron tokens for the data?
cmg12

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:55:02 PM

Most businesses prefer raw data from people who are not necessarily filling out forms for the purpose of data analytics. Biotron will have ensure that to profitable in this business. The scandal over Cambridge Analytica and Facebook is for all to see.
Today's computers have so much power that working on huge chunks of raw data is not a problem
Jay2408

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:01:04 PM

But if a company is interested in buying data from Biotron, will they be able to pay in fiat or do they have to pay Biotron tokens for the data?

No, obviously only payments with Biotron tokens are possible. That's from their white paper: 'BTRN is a utility token that enables the trade of data between data providers and consumers. It is the only option for data consumers to pay for access to data and the only method by with they can compensate
their providers.'

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
batako

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:05:07 PM

Using only biotron token will be the best solution I guess. Beside the platform get profit it can help the token to get some volume from the trade those companies made.
mike0182

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:10:51 PM

No, obviously only payments with Biotron tokens are possible. That's from their white paper: 'BTRN is a utility token that enables the trade of data between data providers and consumers. It is the only option for data consumers to pay for access to data and the only method by with they can compensate
their providers.'

I agree, it is logical to pay for the provided data only with the BTRN token. Thank you for showing this into white paper.

Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 »
  Print  

Jump to: