Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:47:40 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is technical analysis useful?  (Read 2538 times)
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:24:37 AM

I don't think that it may help you a lot because crypto market is really unpredictable and it's not always correct to find logics there.
Matter of fact, you'll never find any predictable market out there and the whole essence of TA is to have a guide that leads a trader into making informed trading decisions. They're meant to be to a trader, what navigational aids are to pilots or sailors and you may never fully appreciate their place until an experience in uncharted waters.

It's true that using TA on cryptocurrency might fall short of the results from forex market and that is explainable. One is that the cryptocurrency is still evolving and given its relatively low capitalization, it's opens to manipulations by whales and yet another and closely related, is that the centralized model in forex trade is also a delimiter and control measure unlike the decentralized model of cryptocurrency, where a surprise that distorts the market, can be launched at anytime and from anywhere.
Bosx1ne

Activity: 540
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:36:37 AM

Do you believe in the reliability of information obtained by technical analysis on crypto-currency market?
Yes it is! Most of the traders are using technical analysis because it is useful tool to know when is the right time to buy and sell bitcoins. Technical analysis is giving reliable information to me.

Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:27:53 AM

Do you believe in the reliability of information obtained by technical analysis on crypto-currency market?
Yes it is! Most of the traders are using technical analysis because it is useful tool to know when is the right time to buy and sell bitcoins. Technical analysis is giving reliable information to me.

We can not say that the technical analysis is exactly working in the crypto world. Technical analysis needs some money to show what's wrong. I mean, someone who has a little bit of money can direct the candles like they want. The most important thing here is news and to analyze it correctly. The analysis can also be done by technical analysis, but you risk your money.
Opekin

Activity: 396
Merit: 252

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:39:09 AM

We can not say that the technical analysis is exactly working in the crypto world. Technical analysis needs some money to show what's wrong. I mean, someone who has a little bit of money can direct the candles like they want. The most important thing here is news and to analyze it correctly. The analysis can also be done by technical analysis, but you risk your money.
We cannot say but we can use and it depends on you, for me technical analysis is proven have been useful thing in every trader. In the future i don't think it will continue when whales were entering trading there are many technical analysis that can be manipulated and it is hard to use indicators.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
BobBct

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:08:31 PM

Technical analysis is very useful in trading or technical analysis is the most needed in trading because what the point of trading and learning to trade if you will not do a TA.
Moneypham5

Activity: 134
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:17:37 PM

Technical analysis in my opinion it is not quite right. But if you know technical analysis when investing, it will also bring you more profit. But you should be careful because this market in my opinion is not large enough to be able to invest based on technical analysis.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 12:11:42 PM

Well, they can be reliable sometimes, although they are not always 100% accurate in making predictions. Many times I have relied on them it wasn’t completely accurate, but they can be like about 20% or 30% accurate at times or maybe above that. Just like in March there was a prediction that the price will reach about $15000 on May, but it never did, rather it reached $9000+.

So you can see that the predictions are not always accurate, sometimes they don’t even happen. If you can be able to find some technical analysts that are very reliable then you can rely on it or just stay on your own and watch the price as it goes.
lushlife

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 02:32:17 PM

Yes ofcourse Smiley check out this article if you want to know more why,
http://learningcenter.fxstreet.com/education/learning-center/unit-2/chapter-1/the-purpose-of-technical-analysis/index.html

but don't rely only on technical analysis, use the other analysis, be versatile Smiley
beliomir

Activity: 539

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 04:04:18 PM

Technical analysis works in this market, but not in all currencies, but it also does not fully fall on it.

Whitepaper     E M R X Token   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
  [ telegram    facebook    TWITTER ]         New Digital Economy
Welhell

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 05:05:18 PM

I think yes. Most of traders say that technique analysis is not useful for cryptocurrencies. But, if there have not a technique analysis, you can not say anything about price.
NavySeals

Activity: 371

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 06:03:24 PM

Yes it is useful in trading to understand when to buy and when to sell. But only depending on the technical analysis we cant move. All the technical, fundamental analysis works together well. We should always make a decision based on all the analysis not only with the technical analysis.

Technical analysis is useful if and only if you use it for short tremd, hourly-daily trade positions. For long term, it’s not working well. Fundamental analysis is better in long term trading positions.
Portia12

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

ADAB ICO

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 06:14:03 PM

Well sometimes it is useful but most of the time I think it isn't,
The crypto market is so unpredictable the price could easily be pump and be dump so I think analyzing it would only cost you so much time when it the coins are already being played in the market.

billykannithi

Activity: 330
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 09:07:46 PM

Well sometimes it is useful but most of the time I think it isn't,
The crypto market is so unpredictable the price could easily be pump and be dump so I think analyzing it would only cost you so much time when it the coins are already being played in the market.
Yes because this market isn't coming from some algorithms , it was changed due to the factors on the market which was made by the human, so it means everything is manual and it's totally hard to predict because it won't be the same situation.
You need to be smart and patience to deal with this market, only smart people can survive in this market for sure.
yigga

Activity: 211

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 09:39:37 PM

Yes of course, we i wouldn't trust in technical analysis?
I have been trading for more than two years, and one of those, has been on Forex. and i can easily tell you that it is one of the most useful things out of it.
crypto002

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 10:21:57 PM

Yes Those Analysis are useful and you should look at technical analysis before investing .But i also believe that it depends more on news rather than analysis . News about any new update , or adding some new technology to coin . The good and bad news it depends on that .
GalaxyWorld

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:23:31 AM

Yes Those Analysis are useful and you should look at technical analysis before investing .But i also believe that it depends more on news rather than analysis . News about any new update , or adding some new technology to coin . The good and bad news it depends on that .
I agree with you . If you know more about technical analysis then it gives you some small profits. To be a good investor in this market, you must use all the technical analysis and capture the news you win in this market.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
MidKnight

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:02:34 AM

It's just useful for any indication if you should sell or buy altcoins at that moment. But did not pursue doing technical anlysis because it's very stressful. I only based on my instincts, news, and market movements.
staradvincula

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:57:05 AM

In some point, it is also useful in analysing the technicalities of a certain coin in the market.  It would be easy to gather data and track the coin before doing a final evaluation.  We'll be able to find the advantage and disadvantage where to put our trust.   But sometimes, it does not give a 100% reliable and consistent information.  We can always do an alternative research to satisfy our contentment.   Anyway, this is not the only fundamental tool for traders, this is just a guide.  At the end of the day, the decision will always end up into our own analysis.
FiveReelsTwo

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 06:10:35 AM

Technical analysis is very helpful to decide when and where to invest, We all know trading are risky but traders are willing to accept the risk just to earn profit, One way of minimizing the risk is deep planning, Gathering data would be easier for us to identify which one has potential and easily anticipate its movements.

coinfinger

Activity: 1638
Merit: 278

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:06:24 AM

In trading, Yes, you need to technically analyse the market to know when to and when not to. Learn to read charts and know actions to take.
Reading those charts do you think they are even reliable? This market is unpredictable, predictions I have seen so far are not always completely accurate. You know this is being moved by investors and whenever they invest is when the price will go up, so don’t be sure of these analysis, though you can rely on them but don’t rush it. You need to have patience and see what happens, if there will be more signs for you to confirm it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: