Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:06:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMV] MoneroV - Fork 1:10 of Monero - Finite coin supply - Private  (Read 45757 times)
toshirou

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 02:16:53 PM

is there any list of trading sites/wallets monero hard fork? It will help the holder to catch the 1:10ratio if someone provide list that they support the hardfork nether the less the effort will useless if they hold coin in unsupported one

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Crypto_C12

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:34:25 AM

How to Claim Monero V Hard Fork!

https://youtu.be/sHgVZH4dhLo
Divinityxd

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:57:58 PM

AntPool Announces Monero (XMR) Hard Fork On April 6

One of the biggest mining pools, AntPool has officially announced the Monero hard fork that will take place on April 6, 2018, at the block height of 1546000. With a focus on mining community, the software update will involve a change in POW system to protect from ASIC threats and ring signatures.

Read here: https://coingape.com/antpool-announces-monero-hard-fork/
kashish948
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:17:00 PM

i would advise claim your xmv ONLY AFTER IT HAS BEEN CHECKED BY CODERS and found to be clean.....
alexbasso

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:26:20 AM

When is the trading open?
Crypto_C12

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:43:01 AM

Great Job! Congratulations to MoneroV team for completing more than 3,000 members on your telegram group.  Cool

Just read your tweet https://twitter.com/monero_v/status/981054864745811968
Drhiggins

Activity: 306
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:41:07 PM

So after reading this entire thread and all published info on MoneroV I have come to my own conclusions.  These opinions have no basis or fact to back them up but more of a gut feeling.

I think that it is possible that Bitmain is behind or involved with this fork as they want to keep using the ASIC's they developed.  The timing of the announcements of fork coincide with the news of the Monero ASIC miners.   Nothing in the MoneroV release info states ASIC resistant or any attempt to address that question.  If I'm wrong, I'm open to being proven wrong.  I am not here to FUD, just real questions on the ASIC topic need to be answered.  Keeping core dev team a secret is a big negative in my book.   Would you buy stock in a company if you did not know any information about who ran it from the top? I noticed only one person in the MoneroV ANN asked anything about ASIC mining and that questions is still not answered.

MoneroV = centralized ASIC mining consortium.  

Like I said I have no fact to back this up just gut feelings.  My gut feelings are usually right but I could be wrong.  I have been involved with Monero since almost the beginning and I can attest the Monero community is strong and has lots of good people.  I hope for the sake of people getting involved in MoneroV it is not an ASIC continuation or a scam.  Time will tell and I hope this project really is on the up and up because I believe there are some good points for MoneroV and some issues addressed that are not addressed in Monero.

Please prove me wrong with facts if you have them regarding ASIC resistance.  For now I have not seen any fact that lead me to believe this coin is ASIC resistant.

Monerohash.com   U.S. Mining Pool
mattcode
Copper Member

Activity: 282
Merit: 31

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:51:16 PM

So after reading this entire thread and all published info on MoneroV I have come to my own conclusions.  These opinions have no basis or fact to back them up but more of a gut feeling.

I think that it is possible that Bitmain is behind or involved with this fork as they want to keep using the ASIC's they developed.  The timing of the announcements of fork coincide with the news of the Monero ASIC miners.   Nothing in the MoneroV release info states ASIC resistant or any attempt to address that question.  If I'm wrong, I'm open to being proven wrong.  I am not here to FUD, just real questions on the ASIC topic need to be answered.  Keeping core dev team a secret is a big negative in my book.   Would you buy stock in a company if you did not know any information about who ran it from the top? I noticed only one person in the MoneroV ANN asked anything about ASIC mining and that questions is still not answered.

Like I said I have no fact to back this up just gut feelings.  My gut feelings are usually right but I could be wrong.  I have been involved with Monero since almost the beginning and I can attest the Monero community is strong and has lots of good people.  I hope for the sake of people getting involved in MoneroV it is not an ASIC continuation or a scam.  Time will tell and I hope this project really is on the up and up because I believe there are some good points for MoneroV and some issues addressed that are not addressed in Monero.

Please prove me wrong with facts if you have them regarding ASIC resistance.  For now I have not seen any fact that lead me to believe this coin is ASIC resistant.

You've mixed your forks up (easy mistake, we have a few of those now Roll Eyes). MoneroV is forking after the v7 hardfork, so they'll have the updated v7 PoW. There's a lot of reasons to hate MoneroV but this isn't one of them - Monero Classic and Monero0 are where you should direct your ASIC related hate.
Drhiggins

Activity: 306
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:59:15 PM

You've mixed your forks up (easy mistake, we have a few of those now Roll Eyes). MoneroV is forking after the v7 hardfork, so they'll have the updated v7 PoW. There's a lot of reasons to hate MoneroV but this isn't one of them - Monero Classic and Monero0 are where you should direct your ASIC related hate.

Ok if this is the case then cool.  Like I said this fork offers some new potentials to Monero.  Anyway in this day and age of cryptos scammers one can never be to paranoid or careful.  I remember a guy loosing 7000 XMR to a fake My Monero site some time back. 

Monerohash.com   U.S. Mining Pool
alex832

Activity: 97

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 07:24:16 AM

having a gui synchronized with a remote Noda, can I claim the xmv? Huh
Anycrypt

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 11:19:56 AM

We buy monero and throw off before the fork, will soon grow in price as ltc, the main thing to have time to throw!!!
ingo49

Activity: 147

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 12:26:39 PM

DAMM. All these recent copycats of MoneroV are sprouting.
Let's hope the community will appreciate the actual work done by MoneroV, and know that the rest are just last-minute attempts.
mattcode
Copper Member

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 12:37:51 PM

Let's hope the community will appreciate the actual work done by MoneroV, and know that the rest are just last-minute attempts.

Actual work done by MoneroV? Please give examples, because I can't see any Smiley
ingo49

Activity: 147

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 01:19:31 PM

Actual work done by MoneroV? Please give examples, because I can't see any Smiley

I'm taking their word and examples giving on this announcement -
https://monerov.org/announcement-monerov-fork-date-postponed/

"– MoneroV codebase is currently fully functional and tested (as can be seen in this image) on macOS Sierra, Windows, 64-bit and on Linux, 64-bit. We will use the additional time to add more supported machines."
"– MoneroV’s source code, including the MoneroV GUI wallet, the MoneroV daemon and all other dependencies on our Github account (as seen in this image), Will be published on Github publicly for the community to audit before released in downloadable form."

They would not be smart to not have the project open-sourced and backed by their claims.

Why are you busy criticizing MoneroV when they have a community and showing genuine effort, and you aren't you all over the new last minute fork attempts?
mattcode
Copper Member

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 01:31:19 PM

I'm taking their word and examples giving on this announcement -
https://monerov.org/announcement-monerov-fork-date-postponed/

"– MoneroV codebase is currently fully functional and tested (as can be seen in this image) on macOS Sierra, Windows, 64-bit and on Linux, 64-bit. We will use the additional time to add more supported machines."
"– MoneroV’s source code, including the MoneroV GUI wallet, the MoneroV daemon and all other dependencies on our Github account (as seen in this image), Will be published on Github publicly for the community to audit before released in downloadable form."

They would not be smart to not have the project open-sourced and backed by their claims.

Why are you busy criticizing MoneroV when they have a community and showing genuine effort, and you aren't you all over the new last minute fork attempts?

You still haven't said what the MoneroV team have actually done, aside from change the name from Monero to MoneroV in the GUI.

Why are you busy criticizing MoneroV when they have a community and showing genuine effort

I don't see any effort.

and you aren't you all over the new last minute fork attempts?

Not sure what you're trying to say here, but I am not a fan of Monero Classic/Monero Original/Monero0 either.
alex832

Activity: 97

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 02:19:51 PM

having a gui with some number of coins is synchronized with the remote node metadata demon, can I claim the xmv?
asonganyi

Activity: 464

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:26:37 AM

having a gui with some number of coins is synchronized with the remote node metadata demon, can I claim the xmv?

Ya absolutely. you would be able to claim your XMV after the fork
asonganyi

Activity: 464

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:29:37 AM

Which other pools will support the fork?

Many requests with regards to mining #MoneroV - You will have the ability to mine $XMV on the official public pool announced soon after the fork.

Other independent mining pools will enable #XMV mining such as @MinerGate and @MoriaXmr, with many others to be announced pre-fork.
Crypto_C12

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 07:27:53 AM

Monero (XMR) Hard Fork MoneroV (XMV) Explained
https://cryptocurrencyfacts.com/2018/03/09/monero-xmr-hard-fork-monerov-xmv-explained/
itsokornot

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:55:32 PM

Coinex.com just announced they're supporting the fork: https://www.coinex.com/announcement/detail?id=29
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: