Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:02:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Need a PayPal refund for your BFL purchase?  (Read 33988 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 03:29:34 AM

Sounds like Phinnaeus has a relapse. Someone call 911
He's doing fine, I have him on eyeball drips full of truth.

He is dazed and confused at times, but he will snap out of it given enough drips of truth. (powerful stuff!)

I think Reagan should win a second term with no problem and Muhammad Ali will win by a KO before the 4th round come Friday. What do you guys think of that new song by Men Without Hats? Pretty groovy, eh?

BRB, cause dad wants me to do something for him.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 05:21:02 AM

Doesn't seem like we're receiving many refunds over the past couple days.  I'm gonna give it a couple more days then may initiate a new plan, but this will not be done before we can confirm PP has stopped responding.

Again, I need a good writer.  If you've got skillz hit me up.

Yeah I got a hold of someone at paypal like 5min ago...disputes..they said because it was not a cc order and over 45 days only option was to contact my bank and see if I can get the bank xfer reversed that way....he said that there are a "crapload" of people trying to get $$$ back from BFL non credit card ie 'bank xfer" looks like paypal is gonna pass the buck to your bank......(not much luck there i'd imagine) ...so ....I also told him about the executive email option that we sent the email too as stated in the bfl refund thread....he said good luck they seem to be swamped with people trying to get around 45 days...so it looks like either my bank will come thru (unlikely they will probably punt me back to paypal imho...at which paypal says it is a dead end) or the email we sent to the addresses given are high enough up on the paypal chain of command they continue to do something about this.....just because it ticks off the higher  ups at paypal...so hopefully paypal comes thru and does the right thing ...but I can hear josh on the phone saying to paypal it is "unnecessary" 2 more weeks..

nice to know they got all this nice pre-order cash....so they could build their nice shiny monarch for there newly created "mining farm" (ie see main page on orders)...if I was paypal i'd feel played as well but we will see..

anyway....email route here looks likely to be the last hope....anyone you phone via voice at paypal don't seem to have the clout....but they did confirm that a lot of p/o'd people saying they have gotten played by BFL ....we just need the higher ups a paypal to also be p'o'd and slap BFL down as an example....

anyway not sure what the above means except no one contacted directly via voice at paypal seemed to have a clue on how to fix this ..ie not enough clout....so we will see.....

not looking too good imho thou

Searing.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
lajz99 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 05:37:31 AM

we just need the higher ups a paypal to also be p'o'd and slap BFL down as an example....

Phase 2, coming soon to a bitcointalk thread near you.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 05:38:53 AM

we just need the higher ups a paypal to also be p'o'd and slap BFL down as an example....

Lol, great minds think alike, I was about to say just that....
androsyn

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 12:23:45 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2013, 10:42:25 AM by androsyn

ANYWAY, you will want to contact the Johnson County District Attorney in Johnson County Kansas. They are handling the case
Lot of complaints. Please fill the form on da.jocogov.org
Better than nothing, they've been investigating BFL bad policy since the beginning.
americandesi

Activity: 518

BTC < > INR & USD

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:15:22 PM

Guys.. Go the legal route. File a complaint with the county consumer court.

Fill out the form here http://da.jocogov.org/sites/da.jocogov.org/files/CONSUMER%20COMPLAINT%20FORM.pdf

Always buying and selling btc in bulk.!
Have I helped you out?  Send a donation! : 1ADesitf6McNmFw5wAN1y86bvyHLB5gR6P
My Reputation Thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252042.0
donch

Activity: 84

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 07:24:06 PM

Just received this reassurance from Paypal that BFL cannot reverse my refund, despite shipping the item:

The refund that you received is final and will not be reversed back to the merchant. The only way the merchant would get funds again would be if you initiated another payment. As you have already received a refund for the transaction, it is our recommendation that you refuse the package when it arrives at your address.

It's tempting to pay the UK import tax, sell the item on eBay and walk away with the profit. But I'm not like BFL. I don't shaft people.

"How are you justifying these as fair use?  They are clearly and unequivocally a copyright violation."
"I really want to know how you justify that under the fair use doctrine?  It does not conform to a single point of fair use."
Josh whining about people reusing his studio portrait shot on this forum. Can you copyright a copyright complaint? All Paypal refunds are final.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 07:41:50 PM

Doesn't seem like we're receiving many refunds over the past couple days.  I'm gonna give it a couple more days then may initiate a new plan, but this will not be done before we can confirm PP has stopped responding.

Again, I need a good writer.  If you've got skillz hit me up.

Yeah I got a hold of someone at paypal like 5min ago...disputes..they said because it was not a cc order and over 45 days only option was to contact my bank and see if I can get the bank xfer reversed that way....he said that there are a "crapload" of people trying to get $$$ back from BFL non credit card ie 'bank xfer" looks like paypal is gonna pass the buck to your bank......(not much luck there i'd imagine) ...so ....I also told him about the executive email option that we sent the email too as stated in the bfl refund thread....he said good luck they seem to be swamped with people trying to get around 45 days...so it looks like either my bank will come thru (unlikely they will probably punt me back to paypal imho...at which paypal says it is a dead end) or the email we sent to the addresses given are high enough up on the paypal chain of command they continue to do something about this.....just because it ticks off the higher  ups at paypal...so hopefully paypal comes thru and does the right thing ...but I can hear josh on the phone saying to paypal it is "unnecessary" 2 more weeks..

nice to know they got all this nice pre-order cash....so they could build their nice shiny monarch for there newly created "mining farm" (ie see main page on orders)...if I was paypal i'd feel played as well but we will see..

anyway....email route here looks likely to be the last hope....anyone you phone via voice at paypal don't seem to have the clout....but they did confirm that a lot of p/o'd people saying they have gotten played by BFL ....we just need the higher ups a paypal to also be p'o'd and slap BFL down as an example....

anyway not sure what the above means except no one contacted directly via voice at paypal seemed to have a clue on how to fix this ..ie not enough clout....so we will see.....

not looking too good imho thou

Searing.

Hey Searing!!!  Welcome to the Bitcointalk forum & the best of luck on your refunds!!!!!!!!  Wink

DO NOT give up!!!!!!!! Keep hounding your bank or Paypal!!!!!!!!!  Cool

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
btcxchg

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 01:48:07 AM

I send the emails Sept 22 and still I didn't receive response.

Do you will post the new thread?

Thanks for your effort!
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 02:01:49 AM

Just received this reassurance from Paypal that BFL cannot reverse my refund, despite shipping the item:

The refund that you received is final and will not be reversed back to the merchant. The only way the merchant would get funds again would be if you initiated another payment. As you have already received a refund for the transaction, it is our recommendation that you refuse the package when it arrives at your address.

It's tempting to pay the UK import tax, sell the item on eBay and walk away with the profit. But I'm not like BFL. I don't shaft people.

I love the law (at least here in the US)!

http://about.usps.com/publications/pub300a/pub300a_tech_021.htm

Essentially what you got was an unsolicited package, which means it's yours to keep if you want. You will be recommended to return it, but in all actuality it's yours to do as you please.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Ridicuss

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 02:11:40 AM

I love the law (at least here in the US)!

http://about.usps.com/publications/pub300a/pub300a_tech_021.htm

Essentially what you got was an unsolicited package, which means it's yours to keep if you want. You will be recommended to return it, but in all actuality it's yours to do as you please.

At the absolute fastest, I'm sure it will take about 2 weeks to get shipping in order so you can send it back. Smiley We all know how long 2 weeks is...

Man, I wish I could change my avatar!
lajz99 (OP)

Activity: 756

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 02:20:57 AM

Still thinking about how to proceed...with BFL not doing business with PayPal anymore I'm not sure what more there is that can be done besides going the legal route...

It sounds like a lot of people are no longer receiving responses, unfortunately there's not much I can do about that.  Let's wait another day or so and see what happens.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 02:36:05 AM

Still thinking about how to proceed...with BFL not doing business with PayPal anymore I'm not sure what more there is that can be done besides going the legal route...

It sounds like a lot of people are no longer receiving responses, unfortunately there's not much I can do about that.  Let's wait another day or so and see what happens.
I think one the following might have happened.

A) The rep's at the office have a refund quota per a specific period of time. (A week? A month?) It was probably exceeded by funneling too many refunds at once.

B) The Paypal account that was frozen had limited funds and they have been exhausted plus whatever PayPal quota they have for issuing refunds on a specific merchant account.

C) Paypal has probably begun legal actions against BFL and is trying to recover a large sum of money.

D) You overworked the rep to death, and he just quit responding.

E) The rep is answering emails, just too damn many to get through in such a short period of time. (More time is required)

F) BFL figured out a way to screw PayPal?
donch

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 07:02:06 AM

A) The rep's at the office have a refund quota per a specific period of time. (A week? A month?) It was probably exceeded by funneling too many refunds at once.

B) The Paypal account that was frozen had limited funds and they have been exhausted plus whatever PayPal quota they have for issuing refunds on a specific merchant account.

C) Paypal has probably begun legal actions against BFL and is trying to recover a large sum of money.

D) You overworked the rep to death, and he just quit responding.

E) The rep is answering emails, just too damn many to get through in such a short period of time. (More time is required)

F) BFL figured out a way to screw PayPal?

G) BFL stopped answering the phone.

Ranio, many thanks for that link. The phrase "unsolicited merchandise" is a gem. This sentence deserves its own quote:

If you open the package and like what you find, keep it — free. This is a rare instance where “finders, keepers” applies unconditionally.

"How are you justifying these as fair use?  They are clearly and unequivocally a copyright violation."
"I really want to know how you justify that under the fair use doctrine?  It does not conform to a single point of fair use."
Josh whining about people reusing his studio portrait shot on this forum. Can you copyright a copyright complaint? All Paypal refunds are final.
donch

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 07:34:30 AM

It actually gets better. Given that Brandon at BFL knew, and has admitted, that I had been refunded via Paypal in advance of dispatching the item, BFL are liable for a £400 fine in the UK:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1971/30

Brandon really shouldn't have sent that email... Feel like I'm giving BFL legal advice here.

Hello Donovan,

No, this isn't a freebie. We submitted the shipping and tracking information to PayPal. You can ask PayPal to reverse the refund.

Kind regards,

Brandon

BTCscraper

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 08:47:39 AM

That guy on reddit probably broke it with his greed (and love of beer).  He even got his own website listing down everything except the email address.

Butterfly Labs has a different interpretation of the FTC Mail Order Rule.  You do not have a refund option with the BFL Monarch no matter how late they ship.
"... In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." -- Albert Einstein
"Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat, the luckier you get." -- Ray Kroc
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 08:53:40 AM

“unsolicited” means, in relation to goods sent to any person, that they are sent without any prior request made by him or on his behalf.

donch, thats a quote from the legislation you linked. Clearly these shipments are not "unsolicited".
donch

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 09:35:41 AM

"Unsolicited" is a word open to interpretation. Brandon knew that I did not want the product and had been refunded, in advance of dispatch, and I have proof of this fact. By sending me the product I am liable for an import duty of 20%, which is approximately £160. The courier in the UK (Parcelforce) pays this, in advance, upon arrival in the UK. This is a deliberate inconvenience they have chosen to cause me.

The legal advice I have just received is that I should pay the tax, accept delivery and then inform BFL that they have 28 days to reimburse me the import duty and arrange for collection. This seems fair to me.

There's tons of UK legislation that is meant to protect customers from tactics like this:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2008/1277/contents/made
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2008/1277/schedule/1/made (especially paragraph 5 - bait advertising)

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/consumer_e/consumer_common_problems_with_products_e/consumer_problems_with_delivery_e/consumer_unsolicited_goods_e/youve_received_goods_or_services_you_didnt_ask_for_distance_sales.htm

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 09:44:31 AM

"Unsolicited" is a word open to interpretation. Brandon knew that I did not want the product and had been refunded, in advance of dispatch, and I have proof of this fact. By sending me the product I am liable for an import duty of 20%, which is approximately £160. The courier in the UK (Parcelforce) pays this, in advance, upon arrival in the UK. This is a deliberate inconvenience they have chosen to cause me.

The legal advice I have just received is that I should pay the tax, accept delivery and then inform BFL that they have 28 days to reimburse me the import duty and arrange for collection. This seems fair to me.

There's tons of UK legislation that is meant to protect customers from tactics like this:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2008/1277/contents/made
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2008/1277/schedule/1/made (especially paragraph 5 - bait advertising)

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/consumer_e/consumer_common_problems_with_products_e/consumer_problems_with_delivery_e/consumer_unsolicited_goods_e/youve_received_goods_or_services_you_didnt_ask_for_distance_sales.htm

Basically, what this guy said. I've canceled orders in the past with companies that failed to deliver, and they have shipped days/weeks after the chargeback. My CC company has always said the same thing: "we recommend" returning it but that it's ultimately up to me because it's mine to do with as I wish.

Once an order is canceled, it's no longer requested. If someone sends you an order after that point, it's yours.

IE. you have a magazine subscription. It ends and you don't renew. They send you a 13th issue and then try to charge you for it. You don't owe anything because it was unsolicited. The fact that you had a subscription prior means nothing.

In the case of BFL, they had been contacted to be let know he had done a chargeback. This was effectively locking in his canceled order. When they shipped after this, it legally became unsolicited mail as he no longer had any desired business with them.

It *would* be different if they shipped *prior* to the chargeback. But once they have that notice, it's done.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
jayeeyee

Activity: 191
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 09:52:12 AM

I've sent a request to PayPal two days ago.  So far, I don't see any funds being reimbursed back into my account.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: