Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:26:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: this guy sells ICO picks with merits!  (Read 1984 times)
talatk

Activity: 700
Merit: 550

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:28:28 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2018, 05:34:31 PM by talatk

Betfair, alas:  Sarcasm and satire do not work with fools on the Internet.

I will now start spamming, scamming, punching old people on the street at random, and selling merit in exchange for BCH.  Just for fun!  Hahah.  So very funny, I am laughing myself to death.

Oh god...

Yeah, I didn't understand that sarcasm, sure...

Just relax and put your tongue back in your mouth. You guys are just talking trash.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 05:52:53 PM

Having already characterized this case upthread as the the single worst case of merit abuse anywhere on the forum, I want to emphasize this:

Thank you, Betfair, for reporting this—and most of all (+5), for translating the Turkish for a sufficient proof.  I’ve had my eye on pitiprawn for awhile.  It was obvious that he was doing something questionable, at best; just the post titles alone show(ed) that he was openly soliciting merit in some fashion, even without being able to read Turkish.  But it would have been difficult to get the evidence, or even understand what his ploy was, whereas Turkish is not one of the languages in which I have sufficient facility to at least do what I call “human-guided machine translation”.

Surely, I am far from alone in having noticed that something was amiss.  I myself noticed pitiprawn sometime before 11 February; but due to the language barrier, I was then only able to adduce that pitiprawn was “running Turkish threads soliciting merit in some fashion”:

Before reading this post, I was already thinking I would like a "Merit-subscription" to your posts. Basically, (almost) anything that you write is worth reading.
You're the second Top-merited Member, only second to deeperx (who has red trust and got all his Merit for DeepOnion posts in his self-moderated (censored) ANN-thread). I really appreciate how well the Merit system works for good posters (and I ignore deeperx in my list of good posters).

Thanks.  In the time since you wrote that, I handily blew past “deeperx”.  Also past “RichDaniel”, the “Hero” Member so incredibly meritorious that he got +283 in the span of an hour (then got red-tagged for his trouble).  Unfortunately, within the past 24 hours, I’ve fallen behind “pitipawn”, a Full Member who seems to be running Turkish threads soliciting merit in some fashion.  I’d better work harder!

pitiprawn’s outrageous, organized, wanton and willful abuse continued for weeks.  When a Turkish user stepped forward with translation, the abuse was stopped cold.

This is an instructive example for those who want to clean up some of the abuse which is effectually protected by language barriers.  Most of all, it is an admirable precedent for users who frequent the “local” forums.  If you see something awful, don’t just ignore it!

Nothing will give Lauda a right to put that negative trust to my profile. So don't push further and stop wasting my time.

Just relax and put your tongue back in your mouth. You guys are just talking trash.

Lauda is not here for now so, go find someone else's ass to lick. I can pm you when he answers to this bs.

(Note that that last line was deleted by talatk while I was writing this post; I noticed this just before posting.  I have added the red emphasis.)

BREAKING NEWS:  #476302 “talatk” has become king of the world and emperor of the universe.  He now issues peremptory edicts defining Lauda’s rights, and calling Lauda to answer.  Also, telling me what to do.

I’ll grab popcorn.

NOTICE:  talatk, please be advised that based on your behaviour here, any PMs, e-mails, or other communications you send to me may be published at my sole discretion.  This is a special new policy.

Edit, P.S.

Quote from: nullius
#476302 “talatk” was caught participating in the single worst case of merit abuse yet seen (#1076869 “pitipawn”).  Having received negative trust feedback, he publicly declared for his own part that he “sent those merits to support pitipawn on the race”.  Assuming the veracity of this statement *arguendo*, this amounts to professing oneself to have committed a crime—by way of defending oneself on charges of a slightly different version of the same crime.  It is a distinction without a difference.

Aggravating the matter, “talatk” then proceeded to evince not only a self-entitled attitude, but a self-righteous conceit (!) and the presumptuousness of dictating limitations on Lauda’s “right” of action (!!).  Not only is it outrageous for one caught red-handed in wrongdoing to behave in such manner:  It also demonstrates the polar opposite of remorse.

As things stand, “talatk” was last seen hurling some vapid vulgarity at me and Lauda both (then deleting it).

Based on such publicly demonstrated *wanton and willful self-righteousness about wrongdoing*, plus other bad behaviour, I would not trust this user to scoop a cat litter box.

goodsson

Activity: 350
Merit: 25

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:45:07 PM
Merited by Betfair (4), nullius (1)

So as a turkish guy you say that troll represents your community?

Yeah I was thinking this man could be a perfect fit to represent our community while I was giving merits to his post. LOL.

It's more fun to see how you guys react to these little stupid shits.

Nothing will give Lauda a right to put that negative trust to my profile. So don't push further and stop wasting my time.

You are more fun, trying to pretend you do not know him. Other guy pretend he was drunk, excuse after excuse.

Did you know pitipawn has sent death threats to some people? He is lucky that he is not perma banned yet. It is also possible that he is alt-account of an already perma banned member. People do not change you know.

Enjoy your -trust for supporting a disgraced member of our community.
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 12:17:36 PM

At 11:05:49 today, 23 February 2018, I permanently surpassed #1076869 “pitipawn” on the list of Top-merited users, all-time.  pitiprawn had been #4.  He was ahead of me for all of about twelve days.  And I did it the honest way.

Now, the “pitiprawn” account is forever stuck at 478 merit.  That’s not even the threshold for Hero Membership.  In time, others will also surpass him.  He will drift down the all-time top-merited list, until he drops off the bottom.  Eventually, every new account who reaches Hero Member will exceed him; at that, going from zero to Hero is now every new user’s chance to beat pitiprawn.

In time, pitiprawn will sink down to the level of a footnote in the annals of forum abuse handling.  Lauda will be remembered not for stopping pitiprawn, but for squashing him together with so very many worms just like him; pitiprawn himself is no more significant in that story than dirt swept into a dustpan.  pitiprawn himself shall be all but forgotten, fallen to the implicit damnatio memoriae of the utterly worthless.

Infamous last words (translated by Betfair):

do not underestimate my power anymore...

Crime doesn’t pay.

Did you know pitipawn has sent death threats to some people? He is lucky that he is not perma banned yet. It is also possible that he is alt-account of an already perma banned member. People do not change you know.

Criminal scum.  There is a reason why I said, “crime doesn’t pay.”  Someone who dovetailed the “pump” part of pump-and-dump with a merit abuse racket is of criminal character.  I would never be surprised to find such a character doing de jure crimes, such as escalating to death threats when he doesn’t get his way.  People do not change, I know.

qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:38:50 PM

I can see merits being used as a currency in the future.
I mean, they behave almost the same as a coin. They are created in a limited fashion, are trade-able and people want them.
The minute that we allow this, is the minute that the merit system has completely failed its purpose and this forum is on a spiraling to a free-for-all shithole filled with *whatever-world spamming idiots*.
Well, M-Pesa started out that way, it was not intended as a currency or payment system in the first place Wink

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
December 17, 2019, 10:25:50 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2019, 10:58:43 PM by marlboroza

Merited by mich (50), fullypak (33), ap3311 (25), PrintMule (20), saulzaents (12)...
I actually have two accounts belong to me.but it is not one of the above.
If I had only checked trust feedback before this it would probably spare me some time. Lies, lies and lies everywhere.

Actually, I have found this thread because of reference link on account talatk's trust page, as usual, looking at something completely not related and I have found this old thread.

~

Account talatk:

Pretty much here(Bob's repair bounty) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zKiPhH2hBRwS5bFEvRwI-0mLq7bQ-1eSKzMBGB6XAHk/edit#gid=1008672769 (#19, #22)

Translated thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2812796

Account HarryKPeters(apparently hacked) :

Can be found in Tass's translation bounty https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XKlY9xEGkX4RdRmAS3nCkLtvFK9aSUVrVvB7L22uihk/edit#gid=0

Translated thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1851419.msg18420566#msg18420566

Account aTriz (yep, this one):

Authentication Post.

Bounty I join: Signature
Bitcointalk Username aTriz
Eth Addresss: 0xed0d7294a767D0EbfF0cC46f365193f2C80D2D49

I am not yet sure what conclusion to make out of this.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2019, 08:08:14 AM

I am not yet sure what conclusion to make out of this.
Well, either they are working through aTriz and are forced to use an address designated by him or they are alts.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: