Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:22:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Official Thread] - The SolarWind Mining Company  (Read 54644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rdyoung
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 02:15:46 AM

Is the site down for anyone else?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BRADLEYPLOOF

Activity: 520
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 02:48:35 AM

Tried contacting James...going to wait until Monday in case he's in a coma or some stupid shit...then I'll post his info I have on him right here so everyone can attempt to make contact...the website was working not that long ago, then I saw an "account suspended" announcement on the site which is when I attempted contact.  Now the site says it no longer exists...

he has not responded to any attempts I have made to contact him so like I said...Monday at noon, eastern time...his info that I have will be made public...I only get burned once, then shit goes down...
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:07:50 AM

Hey guys, I want to just state that he got a hold of me today. He said he's been busy with a lot of things. I don't really know how that plays into whatever you're going after (I'm too lazy to read the thread right now) but I do want to say that he's still around and is working towards the project, for what that's worth.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:27:14 AM

Tried contacting James...going to wait until Monday in case he's in a coma or some stupid shit...then I'll post his info I have on him right here so everyone can attempt to make contact...the website was working not that long ago, then I saw an "account suspended" announcement on the site which is when I attempted contact.  Now the site says it no longer exists...

he has not responded to any attempts I have made to contact him so like I said...Monday at noon, eastern time...his info that I have will be made public...I only get burned once, then shit goes down...

that escalated quickly

he posted to his group buy thread

BRADLEYPLOOF

Activity: 520

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:49:03 PM

Okay, so he can post to a group buy thread, but not to the "Official Thread"? 

I'm out! I quit.  Details for solarwindminingcom.wordpress.com (as the only FUNCTIONAL) website can be found via James.  I'm PM'ing him the login name and PW.  Please do not contact me, I can't deal with a lack of communication, no matter what the circumstances (less jail time).  It takes 5 seconds to come on and post something to let users and business partners know that you're still alive and willing to work on this project and having not done that for weeks on end, nor replying to direct messages to a cell phone which has been called, requires me to find some project that will work out for me.

The idea behind this was fun...the initial startup was fun...the brainstorming was fun...but the last few months have been more of a weight on my shoulders that I'm not willing to bear because I don't have all the info, nor can I get all the info because I cannot stay in contact with the "President" of this company.

If was fun...it was real...but it hasn't been real fun...

Thanks!

Brad
xTachibana

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:31:29 AM

who wants to explain whats going on right now

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:11:47 PM

What are you guys gonna do about it? I'll tell you what, nothing.

Come on down to Wichita and let's see what you got. My wife is a lawyer and she said I've done nothing wrong, so it looks like I get to keep the neptune. Thanks for the funding Wink

You misspelled company name... I guess you are a fake
SolarWindMiningCompany (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 08:08:50 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2014, 08:25:37 PM by SolarWindMiningCompany

Sorry guy's for the lack of information. I'm still here.

I have a serious issue with the website hosting service and I am looking for an alternative (I can't even access the website email!) Meanwhile, I am working on getting a new and improved website going. On top of this, I am also trying to sort out errors involved with the openCart ordering system, a corrupted website backup image and database (the data, including all user data and posts, may have been lost, although I do have the most important information stored in a separate format in another location), resolving a payment issue with bips.me involving a couple of GB payments that have not been credited correctly (never using them again!), getting a refund from a hardware vendor that has failed to deliver on some custom miningware that I contracted, the failure of one company to pay contracted funds to the company on a daily bases (I may be filing a law suite against the company) and a few other problems that all seemed to come at once.

It's rather frustrating since things were just starting to pick up. I kinda feel like I have a disaster magnet strapped on my back.

Everyone's investments are still valid and accounted for and you all have a share in the Neptune's hashing power (reserved 300 GH/s for non-GB investors.) That being said, because of the openCart errors the number of Neptune shares have been oversold but it is expected that KnC will provide a great deal more GH/s than the advertised 3 TH/s. Even a small increase in GH/s of 15% or more from the KnC team should be enough to cover the oversold shares and provide the minimum promised in the GB and 300 GH/s reserve for regular investors. If the GH/s increase is not sufficient, then the regular investors 300 GH/s has priority over GB'ers and I will refund or compensate the GH/s deficiency with the appropriate compensation.

Posts from SolarWindsPresident are fake and have been deleted. There is nothing amiss about me or the company, it has just hit a major snag(s) that is(are) going to take some time to resolve.

Embarrassed I understand the importance of remaining in contact with you and giving regular updates, so...

To Bradley, as well as to all of you....

I apologize for not keeping my part of the bargain and keeping you up to date on a more regular base's and failing to post regularly. I take full responsibility for this failure and will do better while I continue to resolve the above mentioned problems and make planned improvements in spite of funding issues caused by 3rd party contract failures.

~James

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:01:02 AM

Hello everybody,

I have come to a decision about how to handle the company income loss due to 3rd party contract failures. The income (currently about $4000+ and growing) was intended to cover a minimal amount of investor payouts, purchase additional miningware and help cover the monetary costs involved in setting up the new website and a few various other small necessities. The 3rd party that is supposed to pay the funds to the company is still promising to pay, but we can't wait forever.

To address this problem I will be taking on the task of learning the necessary skills to build the website myself. This will be a daunting task which will include learning a heap of information about bitcoin-d, PHP, HTML, C++ and a host of other programming related data. I would rather hire others who know more than I do about these disciplines to do the work, but because of 3rd party failures I will have to do it myself.

If anyone would like to act as an advisor (I don't expect anyone else to do the work,) I would appreciate the assistance. The work to be done isn't in itself so difficult, its just the scope of it all.

What is planned for the website:

Here is a list of the various things that will be part of the new website,

I nice and attractive website that will have its own unique style.

A simple format with a responsive design that will be easy to navigate and will not tax your browser.

A Portfolio style layout that will present investor/customer data that is easily understood and easy to find the desired information.

-The portfolio will include an assets page so that investor/customers can see all their holdings on a single page
-Certificates that represent each type of asset that will clearly show exactly what the asset is for and its values
-BitShare account information that will include balances/transaction/credits, funds pending, orders and any other relevant information concerning deposited funds or current earnings
-Automatic payments to Personal Wallets that hold investor/customer earnings so the investor/customer can decide when and where to send their available funds at anytime they wish

A customized marketplace where investors/customers can purchase Contracts, BitShares, miningware and other merchandise that is being planned.

A shares trading platform where investors/customers can buy or sell any company assets that they own to other members or registered guests.

Blog and News section

Investor/Customer only forum

Public forum

Company mining data

Company mining pool

A company transparency section listing all company holdings and their status

EVERYTHING AUTOMATED ~ EVERYTHING AUTOMATED ~ EVERYTHING AUTOMATED!! (That one is for me  Wink)

There are a few other additions that are planned but those will have to wait until the above is finished. Because of a major issue with the hosting service I was using the old website is down and, to save on costs, will remain so until I have something more substantial to present to you. When I have a working model of the site I will post a link to it so you can check up on its progress.

If you would like to help fund the website you can purchase a raffle ticket for 0.01 BTC, the prize will be your choice between an XBOX ONE or PS4. This will be an open raffle, so whenever enough funds have been collected to equal twice the cost of the a gaming system a winner will be chosen and the next system will be available to win as soon as that amount is reached again. All entries, except previously winning entries, will be valid throughout the entire raffle. There is no limitation on the number of entries you can purchase and each entry will have an equal chance of winning. You can send your raffle fee to this BTC address: 1LgGV9zqXia9jp9tgnbxuKGe9gN3nX5JuF , you can post your entry in this thread for credit (include the transaction #). As an added bonus, you will receive one BitShare worth 0.01 BTC for each entry.

Thanks,
James

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]
EduardoDeCastro

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:33:53 PM

If you would like to help fund the website you can purchase a raffle ticket for 0.01 BTC, the prize will be your choice between an XBOX ONE or PS4. ...

Srsly?
kakobrekla

Activity: 714

Psi laju, karavani prolaze.

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:31:53 AM

If you would like to help fund the website you can purchase a raffle ticket for 0.01 BTC, the prize will be your choice between an XBOX ONE or PS4. ...

Srsly?

I think "my own two hands" means that, no?

With the bitcoin mining landscape being characterized by runway increases in difficulty for the near future do you really need to throw a MLM type structure onto the shares with all of the negative connotations that brings to this already questionably valued asset?

What sort of contingency plan do you have for an event in which you can't meet the promised returns? Given the history of most attempts at mining investments, are there plans for a potential failure beyond taking the money and walking briskly into the sunset?

Thanks for asking a specific question instead of just making a broad statement that is thinly veiled as a question (like some have done,)

My contingency plan, if The SolarWind Mining Company fails to deliver on its commitments (unlikely considering the amazing crew that this venture has attracted,) is simply not to fail. Unfortunately, even the best laid plans can fail to be realized, even with Herculean efforts to succeed. So practically speaking, if such failure seems eminent, SolarWind will begin the process of perusing other options to fulfill its obligations. If necessary, all assets will be liquidated and the proceeds distributed to the Partners (that means all shareholders except the company itself.)  If all else fails I'll work it off with mine own two hands.

Assuming that The SolarWind Mining Company reaches a stage where it is realizing a profit for both its Partners and the company, SolarWind will use a portion of the company profits to diversify its operations in order to further increase Partner profits, and to meet several additional goals. Here are some of the plans for the expansion of The SolarWind Mining Company: Development, both in the areas of software and hardware - Financial and business services - The promotion of the Bitcoin Ideology - scientific research in the areas of computer engineering, physics, artificial intelligence and a host of other scientific disciplines  - there is also a vast litany of various altruistic and humanitarian projects that I would like to be included in future of SolarWind.

I may not be the most 'sophisticated' individual and I have trouble with using the standard approaches and business models (thank (insert your own deity) for Bradley,) but what I am is a very good problem solver. I have the mental flexibility to adjust to most any situation and I have very specific goals. My goals as a man are focused towards helping others, being as kind as I can, improve their lives when possible, encourage and inspire the downtrodden and lowly of spirit, in other words I care a great deal about the well being of people in general. My goals with SolarWind are based on my personal and intellectual goals. I am practical enough to know the limits that are applied to the given situation. The primary goal of SolarWind is to help the least of us to aspire to the greatest heights. In the earliest stages of the development of this project, I believed that the companies greatest supporters would be the little guys or gals that just recently became involved in the bitcoin world. Many of these individuals have come in too late to use their GPUs to mine bitcoin, yet they still have given it a valiant effort. Otherwise, why do you think there is so much interest in altcoins? Its because these individuals are really passionate about the Bitcoin Ideology but feel as though they have been locked out by the big miners. To many of them have been gulled into purchasing hardware that came too late and had insufficient hashing power by the time they received their miners to be of much use. The only way to compensate for this disadvantage is to increase our power by working as a collective. Offering BitShares that are, once invested in, consistently doubled is a great way to help concentrate each others efforts for the benefit of all involved. That is the main reason that I have structured the company shares the way I have. Anyone can invest any amount no matter how small and it will double many fold until they actually have enough bitcoin to work with. The BitShare concept will allow individuals who don't even have mining gear to invest and make a profit, even 0,00001 BTC will grow pretty quickly when it is consistently doubled, so just going to a few free bitcoin faucets will yield a nice return with the way I have structured the shares. To be honest, I would be more satisfied if the majority of the funds from share purchases where from free faucets, a host of BitShare Miners using crappy nvidia GPUs and the few hopefuls that are willing to give it a go, than if a large number of bitcoin pros who have had it good for the majority of the life of bitcoin started throwing a bunch of BTC at SolarWind. The pros don't need my help, those who are less fortunate and have little resources do! These are MY TRUE PARTNERS, and they are not "sockpuppets!"

But I digress,

If you want more details, Bradley, SolarWinds right hand man, is working on a solid business plan and as quickly as he gets things done, I expect to have it out soon.

Check back later for more details...

Thanks again for asking a question with real substance!

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 01:14:31 AM

"My own two hands." So what do you think it means when I say that I will be taking on the task of learning all the programming I have mentioned?

You seem to have ignored the fact that my statement addresses what I will do "if all else fails." You also missed the part where all the raffle tickets are also BitShare investments, which is what we do anyway. So where is the logic in your discontent?

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]
EduardoDeCastro

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 02:38:52 AM

"My own two hands." So what do you think it means when I say that I will be taking on the task of learning all the programming I have mentioned?

You seem to have ignored the fact that my statement addresses what I will do "if all else fails." You also missed the part where all the raffle tickets are also BitShare investments, which is what we do anyway. So where is the logic in your discontent?

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

i have xBox.  raffle bikes!

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:58:08 PM

Hello everybody,

I have some good news to share. I visited with my friend/business partner today and we had a conversation about the issues we are having, this is the same person that owns the location where the Neptune will be hosted. We worked out an arrangement where I will be helping him out at his shop (doing MANUAL LABOR -> as promised using "my own two hands") and in exchange he will have his web developer build our website. This means that we won't have to wait anywhere near as long to get it back up and with all the improvements to boot!

This is a great time to suggest features that you would like to see in an investment website. So let's post some comments about what you would like to see and what features are important to you and I will try to get any practical suggestions incorporated.

Later,
James

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:44:23 AM

Todays meeting with the above mentioned was also fruitful in other areas. I also meet with one of my friends business partners while I was there and we are arranging a joint project to build custom miningware. We will be using The Wasp Project Collective's open source design to commission the manufacture of mining boards for the company. This is also a great development because it means that we will be able to obtain miningware at the lowest possible cost, at the earliest possible time frame and provide the fastest implementation. From assembly bench straight to hashing, will be able to plug in a wasp and have it mining away just moments after it has had its last ASIC chip installed! That means MORE MINED BITCOIN for the dollar! In time we will also be offering this miningware for sale in the new company marketplace, and at a VERY attractive price. The markup for the miningware will be small for non-GB investors. In this regard, we are less interested in making a profit by selling miningware, most of the company's profits will be from its own mining and other ventures. It is important to me that we keep the costs low because it will allow more people to own their own miningware and that helps preserve Bitcoin's Decentralized Network, which is an alter that is more than worthy of the sacrifice of profits. (<-- get it! Profits, not prophets Grin)

We also plan to introduce something similar to CEX.io, the main difference will be that you will be able to point your purchased hashing power to any mining pool you want, again, this is to help preserve Bitcoin's Decentralized Network.

Will try to continue to keep you updated.

Thanks,
James

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]
xTachibana

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:23:25 AM

Hello everybody,

I have some good news to share. I visited with my friend/business partner today and we had a conversation about the issues we are having, this is the same person that owns the location where the Neptune will be hosted. We worked out an arrangement where I will be helping him out at his shop (doing MANUAL LABOR -> as promised using "my own two hands") and in exchange he will have his web developer build our website. This means that we won't have to wait anywhere near as long to get it back up and with all the improvements to boot!

This is a great time to suggest features that you would like to see in an investment website. So let's post some comments about what you would like to see and what features are important to you and I will try to get any practical suggestions incorporated.

Later,
James

i would like to keep track of my own shares and what not, rather than being able to see everyone who is part of the company, although both is nice (this would require a registration system for the site most likely)

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:32:32 AM

Hello everybody,

Later,
James

i would like to keep track of my own shares and what not, rather than being able to see everyone who is part of the company, although both is nice (this would require a registration system for the site most likely)

Your in luck, that one is already in the works!

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]
Atruk

Activity: 700

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:21:19 AM

Hello everybody,

Later,
James

Your in luck, that one is already in the works!

How many percent of the original board to you rep?

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:56:40 AM

Sorry Atruk, I don't understand your question. Could you explain?

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]
Atruk

Activity: 700

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:07:47 AM

Sorry Atruk, I don't understand your question. Could you explain?

What I mean to ask is how many of your bitches quit.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: