Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:47:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to check if ICO is scam or not?  (Read 17428 times)
Pithaxz

Activity: 452
Merit: 2

EPSILOAN.xyz

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 07:39:41 PM

in some cases ico scam has happened a lot and is none other than the project developer itself. many of them have good goals but are not in accordance with their work map and also a team that is not transparent. my advice before joining the ico project was to be more observant in tracking project clarity and transparent teams.

Jr Member

Join EpsiLoan's Seed Sale!
((((     EPSILOAN.xyz     ))))
Fair launch, No VCs or Insiders
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spike420211

Activity: 1610
Merit: 372

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 03:30:07 PM

Check the project from head to toe, start from the site, whether it is well made, then read the white paper, check it for uniqueness, check the composition of the team and their profiles in social networks. If you find any mismatches, write about them on the forum, they will help you.
cewekimut

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 03:37:10 PM

Investing in ICO does have a big profit. But it also has risks and for that, we must be careful. To find out about fraud projects, we must check the appearance of the website and then check the Team. If after checking the results, it is very doubtful that it is better not to invest.

█████
                    ██████
                    ██████
                    ██████
  ████████████                    ████████████                █████████████████                      ███████████
█████████████████            █████████████████          ███████████████████            ████████████████
██████████████████        ████████████████████        █████████████████████    ███████████████████
  █████████████████▀      ██████████████████████      █████████████████████  █████████████████████
████████            ▀▀▀      ██████████            ████████      ████████              ███████████████              ██████
███████                      ██████████                  ████████    ███████                ██████████████                   █████
██████                    ██████████                      ████████    ███████                  ███████████                       █████
███████                ██████████                        ███████      ███████                ██████████                        ██████
  ███████            █████████      ▄██▄             ████████      ████████            █████████      ▄██▄            ███████
  █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████          █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████
  ██████████████████          █████████████████              ██████████████████          █████████████████
  ██████████████                  ▀████████████                      ██████████████                  ▀████████████
Cobo Digital Wallet
|
  First Leading Wallet Offering PoS and Masternode Rewards Worldwide 
SECURITY ● RELIABILITY ● CONVENIENCE
|
Download
for Android & iOS
● TELEGRAM
● FACEBOOK
● TWITTER

████
██████
█████████
█████████████
████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████g█████████
██████████g███████
████████g██████
██████g██████
██████████
██████
███

████
                ████
                ▀▀
     ,▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄
   o████████▄██▄████████
  ████████████████████
 d███████████████████
,███████████████████
`███████████████████
 ████████████████████
 █████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████
    ████████████████████
     `████▀▀  ▀▀██████
[t
Elon Payduh

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 03:38:52 PM

This one is very simple.

No project should ever promise you a profit if you invest in their ICO, STO or whatever kind of investment oppertunity.

Invest in projects that display good plans for the future with useful products.
HELLOFF

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 04:44:55 PM

This one is very simple.

No project should ever promise you a profit if you invest in their ICO, STO or whatever kind of investment oppertunity.

Invest in projects that display good plans for the future with useful products.

in any case, if you make a choice among all ico companies, then this choice will be very difficult. A lot of projects do not initially have any product and you need to correctly analyze the information in order to get at least some confidence in future prospects.
malphite534

Activity: 319
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 05:02:28 PM

Simple check the team and its background check also the bounty project and its team of there are issues about the bounty team then review the ICO well if there are problems or any untrusted matters.we cam also do reviews on opinions and we can have a study about the project before investing.
kincit88

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 05:08:40 PM

Check everything about that project like whitepaper, ico ratting in trusted site or maybe you can ask to your friend who is smarter than you in this cryptocurrency field. If you see something weird in that ico project, just leave it and find another one.
H1N1

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 01:58:31 AM

Hey guys, I'm new to the whole ICO world, and BTCtalk as well. I've been reading about a lot of scammy ICOs that take people's money and run away. I'm looking to invest in a couple of ICOs but have no way of knowing if they are good or not. Can anyone tell me how I can go about doing this without losing any money? 

You can do your own research about their team, their location, or their partners.
Usually few users in this forum will make accusation thread if the ICO is scam, here is the thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0
My suggestion is, never be lazy to read the forum, it helps you to avoid scammer.

viananda2525

Activity: 1022
Merit: 120

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 02:05:44 AM

Hey guys, I'm new to the whole ICO world, and BTCtalk as well. I've been reading about a lot of scammy ICOs that take people's money and run away. I'm looking to invest in a couple of ICOs but have no way of knowing if they are good or not. Can anyone tell me how I can go about doing this without losing any money? 

You can do your own research about their team, their location, or their partners.
Usually few users in this forum will make accusation thread if the ICO is scam, here is the thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0
My suggestion is, never be lazy to read the forum, it helps you to avoid scammer.
find update on that thread really help us to avoid scam.some people concerning on scam projects, they always analize and research about it.update from accusation thread and some site really help us.

Sellman

Activity: 406
Merit: 112

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 05:16:34 AM

If you have enough knowledge then you can save yourself form scam projects.
Scammers are so smart and they also have good ability to adapt and change their scam approaches.
So, it's too hard to find all scam projects, from time to time if you simply based on your own knownledge and assessments.
To do that, you should visit other good topics or communities that tend to find scam projects and give away warning alerts.
Personally, I don't invest in ICOs, and it is better to invest into those projects when they actually lively run more than one year.
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 10:50:52 AM

A lot of people here are fond of saying whitepaper, like that’s the only thing that really matters. This time around scammers can create a really good whitepaper that is unique and will make you think the project is genuine. I’m not trying to say we shouldn’t go through the whitepaper, but you should take your time to go through everything, including the team, so that you don’t waste months investing and working hard and at the end it ends up as nothing.
Peruvyn

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2019, 11:01:44 AM

First thing to do is to scrutinize the entire team of the project to know if they are real or not, to know if they truly have the capacity to run the project or not and to know the level of tueir excitement towards the project. Also weigh the potential application of the project and see if it can be effectively adopted by the masses

BLOCKMASON LINK
Create Web APIs From Any Smart Contract
e@symode

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 12:37:00 PM

As far as I know, there were projects on the market that promised to solve this situation. If I’m not mistaken this is the W12 project and the DESICO project, I don’t know in what condition and in what status these projects are today. Therefore, it is still unknown.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 07:09:51 PM

If the site is bad, I refuse. if the idea is bad, I refuse. If it is exchanged with a bad site, I refuse. Now it is difficult to find a good project but you need to know the managers from whom you take them. Mean what the project think. Invest in others or not.
Their site says a lot about them. I do consider, if I visit the site and it looks bad, I just start losing interest immediately. Some of them are even worst to the extent you don’t really have to move on, just quit from there immediately. Their idea is another thing, if it’s a stupid idea, whether scam or not, I’m not going to invest in it cause I already know it’s not going to work out.
mukabokep

Activity: 490
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 07:20:05 PM

The first, in my opinion, is that you have to be positive. Second, you must see the ICO rating. Third, you must visit the website and fourth, you must read white paper. I think that is a good way for you to apply before starting your wishes.
restuibu

Activity: 994

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 07:56:07 PM

so you are a newbie here who doesn't have any experience but wants to invest? Come on, don't waste your money on scam projects, you should read a lot and start doing research

nikola22

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 08:07:44 PM

The first, in my opinion, is that you have to be positive. Second, you must see the ICO rating. Third, you must visit the website and fourth, you must read white paper. I think that is a good way for you to apply before starting your wishes.

ICO ratings maybe false and they don't guarantee you anything. project may have 4.8 out of 5 but become a scam or just don't give a result.

BetFury                                                    
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Instagram  🕹
                                                    Free BTC Satoshi every day                                                   
Leo

Activity: 620
Merit: 10

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 08:26:52 PM

As for me what I normally do is to go to icodrops.com and search about the ico that I wanna invest in and also I searched on ico bench they also do review about ico project both site give good reviews about ico if it's a scam or not

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████
Runbitup

Activity: 700

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 08:34:10 PM

besides what you have mentioned in my opinion we also do not need to make a decision too quickly.
It is better to observe the ICO's development first, if we think that the ICO is indeed feasible, then we can decide to invest in the ICO because at the moment there are many ICOs that stop in the middle of the road so we have to wait at least half the ICO period.
ivankozloviz

Activity: 30

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2019, 08:50:59 PM

ICO has become obsolete. Now another trend, called IEO, is starting to gain momentum, the primary placement of tokens on the exchange, where the project management is almost completely deceptive, since the exchange acts as a kind of guarantor between the project team and the investor
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: