Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:47:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to check if ICO is scam or not?  (Read 17428 times)
farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 05:27:55 PM

It is easy, because a lot of ICOs making the same errors and if you analyzed some of them you can find out another ICO and detect scam.
From my point of view it is quite easy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Beccaman

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 05:44:43 PM

Normal analysis of ICO project will help to identify a fraudulent project or not, personally I look at the team, the idea of the project, people's feedback and perspective project

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform | $1M Raised
▸ Public Sale starts on May 03 2019◂
Anc92

Activity: 259
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 11:24:55 AM

Hey guys, I'm new to the whole ICO world, and BTCtalk as well. I've been reading about a lot of scammy ICOs that take people's money and run away. I'm looking to invest in a couple of ICOs but have no way of knowing if they are good or not. Can anyone tell me how I can go about doing this without losing any money? 

Firstly, I check out the whitepaper and ask relevant questions in their community. Unfortunately, some badass whitepapers have been put together by money grabbers.
Next, I always pay attention to the team that claims they will bring these ideas to fruition - are they capable? I always look out for teams like that of ECOMI, with a licencing giant such as Alfred Khan.
Again, I try as much as possible to assess how possible bringing their idea is.. I don't like unnecessarily complex projects.
Finally, how useful is the utility they possess and can it be appealing enough for the masses to adopt?

If all these are checked in my books, I go in and HODl long term.
swivel1983@gmail.com

Activity: 645
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 11:38:38 AM

Investment is a risk and no one can give you guarantees. But if you invest in IEO from top exchanges, these risks will be reduced and you will be able to earn. But I believe that this is not the way out and it is best for you to learn how to analyze projects in order to understand what you are investing in.
jjjfff
Copper Member

Activity: 182
Merit: 18

Crypto.BI

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 11:41:44 AM

An ICO is simply a crowdfunding event which uses crypto instead of fiat money.

The same rules that apply to startup funding apply to ICO's.

Is the project good? Is the team good? Do you know the team? Why should you trust the project? Does the product have a market? Is there demand? Can the team really build the product/service?

When you invest in ICO you're simply becoming a partner in a startup. If the startup wouldn't work using fiat money funding, it won't work with crypto ICO either.

Gabmot

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 11:50:01 AM

There are many things to check actually.. And i know so many people here have dropped many already. But I will like to add this; watch also the reviews of some crypto enthusiasts who you now are kind of updated with cryto dealings now and then..
lyks15

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 12:25:14 PM

Before investing make sure that you have some research to the project that you are joining or younare investing. Make sure that you check all the details specially the profit or the exchange make sure you analized it well if it is possible or there is an possibilty that project will have a chance to be successful by asking by the member on this site.

▼                          NΛTURΛL8       MAKING POKER FUN AGAIN                        ▼
►          $500k Rush & Cash Monthly   |   200% First Deposit   |   $150k Short Deck Hold'em          ◄
▲          [   ● FACEBOOK   ]     Download The App Here     [     ● TWITTER     ]          ▲
goaldigger

Activity: 2338
Merit: 356

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 01:12:14 PM

Hey guys, I'm new to the whole ICO world, and BTCtalk as well. I've been reading about a lot of scammy ICOs that take people's money and run away. I'm looking to invest in a couple of ICOs but have no way of knowing if they are good or not. Can anyone tell me how I can go about doing this without losing any money? 

Newly evolved ICO or newly launched projects are now difficult to differentiate whether its a scam or not given the fact that they already know what people are looking for in a project. Investing in it also has an assurance that you will end up getting scammed at any times. Just dig and read and if you feel its safe then engage.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Nickz46

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 01:25:26 PM

It is very easy to look for Ico and check it if its a scam or legit you will only do research and check the team that runs a ICO'S, and i have a good ICO to recommend and this ico is legit and you can check the Dencoin tokens that has started a pre-sale and the main sale will starts at june 1st so check this project.
lavoncoin88
Copper Member

Activity: 109

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 01:30:23 PM

My advise is understand first what crypto all about and it work in the market. I hardly recomment to study also the specific project you want to invest. Those scammed people here maybe they lack of review. Mostly review have a good project is through there white paper, project objective, social media's and the people behind if they are legit. that the basic you also comparw others advise.

anderson007

Activity: 392

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2019, 04:33:41 PM
Merited by elyas772 (1)

Hello, friend, these are my thinks.

Find out the team.

1. The most important achievement factor for any ICO or cryptocurrency is probably the developers and the administrative team behind the project.

2. The cryptocurrency space is dominated by major names, with superstar developers like Ethereum founder Vitalik Buterin capable of making or breaking new projects simply by having their names listed on a development team.

3. For this reason, false creations and biographies are more numerous than pretexts for their projects.

4. The best protection against this counterfeit strategy is to diligently study a project team member before investing.

5.check the whitepaper. Whitepaper says a lot about an ICO.

6. See the accounts of the group members so that you can gain some respect for them.

this is not a financial advice

✦ ZOPTAX ✦
❝ Disrupting VOIP with Blockchain ❞
novy

Activity: 728
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2019, 04:40:00 PM

The simplest way is to search in Google by photos of the team members. Usually they take pictures from stocks of these people are from the industry you can contact them and ask.

suryapro

Activity: 854
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 06:07:40 PM

if you want to invest / want to buy an altcoin, it's better to buy altcoins that have been registered as an exchange only. so you just wait when it's time to sell the altcoin that you bought again, this is a risk that isn't too big in my opinion than participating in ICO which turns out to be a scam. But if you want to participate in the ICO, please check first, the basic concepts of the project, such as whitepaper, team,and the products offered.

stobox 
DIGITAL ASSETS ECOSYSTEM
◉ ───────  Website ⬝  WhitepaperTwitterFacebookTelegramLinkedin  ─────── ◉
PedroCrypto

Activity: 93

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 01:34:38 AM

As history showed there are great ICOs that not only give X amount returns but also continue to develop the project after the ICO is finished. However, the problem is that now a lot of companies do an ICO for the sake of getting an investment. Without a clear explanation and accountability to the promises of were the money will be spent or if they will be spent.

However with a deep inhouse research you can unearth some truly interesting and with huge potential projects.  Tho I am leaning now towards projects that do not have any premine, instamine or founder taxes.

However, the question was what are the best ICOs to invest in. I will share the projects that are still in the early stage that  I think are currently at the top of my list (Some are IEO):

BitTorrent
Marconi Protocol
Historia
StarkWare
Oasis Labs
PedroCrypto

Activity: 93

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 01:41:06 AM

As history showed there are great ICOs that not only give X amount returns but also continue to develop the project after the ICO is finished. However, the problem is that now a lot of companies do an ICO for the sake of getting an investment. Without a clear explanation and accountability to the promises of were the money will be spent or if they will be spent.

However with a deep inhouse research you can unearth some truly interesting and with huge potential projects.  Tho I am leaning now towards projects that do not have any premine, instamine or founder taxes.

However, the question was what are the best ICOs to invest in. I will share the projects that are still in the early stage that  I think are currently at the top of my list (Some are IEO):

BitTorrent
Marconi Protocol
Historia
StarkWare
Oasis Labs
For me I think there is no enough space for ICO now, I joined some events and met a lot of investors and project teams, none of them are intested in ICO, more like STO (Even less IEO now i think)
be_TOK

Activity: 39

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 01:48:50 AM

BitTorrent
Marconi Protocol
Historia
StarkWare
Oasis Labs
For me I think there is no enough space for ICO now, I joined some events and met a lot of investors and project teams, none of them are intested in ICO, more like STO (Even less IEO now i think)
Yes I agree, I just answer the topic actually. Smiley Always new ways out per the changes of regulations. Like the HTA mode they did the project last year and they aim to do IEO as well. Seems a popular trend for now.
princeyeboah

Activity: 714
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 01:52:03 AM

Well, there is not strait jacket rule to follow in order to detect whether a project is scam or not, however, there are some few checks and tips to include in the research to ascertain a good level of confidence about the authenticity of the project. Firstly, during the research, the investor must look out for the actual profile of the team behind the project. Here, the investor must follow the social media outlets of the team members and come out with accurate information about their data. The data must be coherent and valid as this will help determine the expertise level of the team. Secondly, the investor must look out for the product and its demand level on the market. This part helps the investor to know how serious the project is especially if the project has an already functioning product on the market.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
Litzki1990

Activity: 1190
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2019, 01:57:12 AM

Finding the good ICO is very hard but for me i have my strategy how to know if that ICO is not a scam but sometimes i also victim of scam ICO because it looks like the real ICO by the way you must look at their website, whitepaper, roadmap, the team should have long experience to handle the project.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
DainSLane

Activity: 784
Merit: 112

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 04:09:29 AM

Honestly it is hard to find out what is the real ICO or scam many of some investors are resting of investing on ICO because lots of scam ICO are scattered here in crypto space, for me i always look at the team background if they have bad reputation and their documents should be complete.
Al-e_x

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 04:28:39 AM

Many things must be checked to ensure that the ICO is an ICO scam or not, first look at the project details through a roadmap, after you read it whether the project is reasonable or not, then look at the team behind it, whether trusted or not
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: