Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:29:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to check if ICO is scam or not?  (Read 17428 times)
Redemption59

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 11:41:29 PM

Scam is real, to be able to determine which that, read and learn thoroughly on the team behind the projects, their whitepaper and social media handles. How the team respond on their social media handles. This for sure will give you a gist into the project. Its takes hard work to do this or else, you will always be scammed.

HYDAX EXCHANGE ⎈ BOUNTY ⎈ ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
ExchangeFutures & OptionsIEOAPPCommunity
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2019, 12:05:07 AM

nowadays it's very difficult to find out. because ico runs as usual, the fixed total stake is calculated at the end of the period and then distribution is also carried out. but it has not yet been launched into the market exchange and also the team sometimes still provides information. this is very difficult to predict ...
jcarlo

Activity: 798
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 12:59:13 AM

Scam is real, to be able to determine which that, read and learn thoroughly on the team behind the projects, their whitepaper and social media handles. How the team respond on their social media handles. This for sure will give you a gist into the project. Its takes hard work to do this or else, you will always be scammed.

Its good to research on the project, social media, or whitepaper but its not enough. Its hard to determine a good ICOs or scam ICOs because the whipaper must be very excellent but i think its depend on the developers team. Right now, ICO have competitor like IEO and to survive, ICOs should offering transparancy and good project with working product
Aldrinx00

Activity: 882
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 03:34:50 AM

Honestly for now all the fundamentals before investing on ICIS are useless because most of them are scam or fake and other legit ones will get dump hard when listed on exchanges. Better try your luck on binance launchpad because ICOS that are launching there will give you easy profit.

Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 04:00:10 AM

nowadays it's very difficult to find out. because ico runs as usual, the fixed total stake is calculated at the end of the period and then distribution is also carried out. but it has not yet been launched into the market exchange and also the team sometimes still provides information. this is very difficult to predict ...
well, being careful when choosing ICO will certainly be a good thing. sometimes some ICOs make existing projects, moreover a weak team. avoid projects like that. although difficult, I think a project scam will leave a trail that makes people think that is a strange thing.
pinkman12345
Legendary

Activity: 1070
Merit: 1021

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 04:03:23 AM

Check for these key factors:

Technology: The technology that the project is pitching is real or some rocket science.
Team: Is the team real or fake, get along chats and hangout to verify it.
Experience: Do they have enough experience in the current sector to make the project a success in a long run?
Fundraising: Often projects with real team and great ideas fail due to no fundraising, so check if they are backed with good wealthy people to fuel up the fundraising?

Gontxi

Activity: 966
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 04:13:52 AM

Hey guys, I'm new to the whole ICO world, and BTCtalk as well. I've been reading about a lot of scammy ICOs that take people's money and run away. I'm looking to invest in a couple of ICOs but have no way of knowing if they are good or not. Can anyone tell me how I can go about doing this without losing any money? 

You must have knowledge about ico first.
if not, you should try to learn and find lots of comparisons of various ico. remember, not all ico will succeed and get success
especially for now, most ico don't have a good idea and potentially the next scam or shitcoin
cuo

Activity: 560
Merit: 185

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 04:21:27 AM

I looked at various aspects before joining a project or investing.
1. Read whitepaper
2. serach about the project team information
3. find out the project rating
that's a simple things I did before joining a project, but for more details we have to dig more.
zulfi125

Activity: 1382
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 10:16:17 AM

Bitcointalk forum is best place to judge any ICO's , here you can check the comments of seniors members and other community and also can check the ratting of member who posted thread for ICO's

zolfa

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 10:22:21 AM

we don't know whether ICO is scam or not, but in my opinion the way to avoid ICO scam is to try to check their website pages carefully, such as facebook, twitter, team, documents, whitepaper etc.
forexandcryptoauditor
Copper Member

Activity: 1162
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2019, 10:31:57 AM

This is the most challenging part of any project for investors to find out if any project is scam or legit.
Most of the times we get attracted and inspired by the project idea, it's website, and very large number of community members in telegram.
Now a days every system, idea, concept can be transformed into blockchain technology ecosystem. It's very much possible to design a very good looking website with lot of graphics in it. I have seen there are thousands of boots possible in telegram community.
So if we feel the project is good, we have to get ourselves engaged daily in community discussions. This will keep us updated about project specifically the development part. We also consider at what stage product development is.
If we have technical knowledge (I don't have), GitHub code also can give better idea about project.
One of the thing I have observed that if any product is already existing and through a project they are transitioning to blockchain technology, it's most likely genuine project. For example, Bankera.
There are many other factors which  can be checked to know if any project is good by or not.
Regulations to cryptocurrency and ICOs is permanent solution to it.

Yemolou

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 11:54:50 AM

I am just reading the whitepaper of a new project and if you have read enough whitepapers, you can determinate a scam project within 5 minutes of reading. In the most cases, team members are just copy pasting things from others.
deodivine1
Copper Member

Activity: 657
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 12:24:27 PM

I've been telling people that it's very difficult to know which ICO is actually scam. Reason being that some projects present very good whitepaper and MVP, yet they have no intention of developing a working product and just do away with funds from token sale. But that is not the case always. The very first thing you should research on is the team, how legitimate and real is the team? Can they achieve the project aim? Do they have project backings? What's the vesting period for their own allocation of coins?
okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 12:57:13 PM

Hey guys, I'm new to the whole ICO world, and BTCtalk as well. I've been reading about a lot of scammy ICOs that take people's money and run away. I'm looking to invest in a couple of ICOs but have no way of knowing if they are good or not. Can anyone tell me how I can go about doing this without losing any money? 

The key is reading in the whitepaper background of the team and the project plans. Read about every detail. You can tell whether it is a scam. Invest in ICOs like NTOK the one i'm campaigning for.
Even the White paper is not a guarantee way to know scam projects some scam projects have a very good White and after the found raising will stop following the road map in the white paper. But intensive research about the team behind the token is what matters and if they really have an ecosystem that will support the coin.
bellaayu

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 12:58:39 PM

Check out various aspects. Like the Website display, Whitepaper, and Roadmap project. After that you have to check through the social media accounts they have such as Telegram, Facebook and Twitter. If the project is real of course the social media account is still very active.

o.ogurlu

Activity: 910
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2019, 01:52:33 PM

Unfortunately, there is no way to figure out whether an ICO is definitely a scam. But you should do your own research. At least you can reduce your chances of joining a scam ICO thanks to these investigations. Especially the ones I recommend your research are as follows;

1- Investigate the team members of the project. And I would recommend that you check the old projects which that team members worked.

2- Read the project's whitepaper and check the roadmap.

3- Check the project's ICO raitings on ICO evaluation sites.

4- Read the comments of other investors on the social media about the project. Check the answers by  the project team members which especially to the criticized parts.

5- And my last advice is that, check the other platforms wich the same vision and purpose as the project. In this way, you can get the average value that the token can reach. And in this way, you can calculate your profits in a more logical way. You shouldn't forget that, you should make the comparison with the total market cap of the platform, not the unit price of the token.
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2019, 04:03:12 PM

Indeed no one can find if a ICO is scam or no, and will be hard to know where to invest, better to not invest on ICO and now i think no one will invest on ICO now if IEO appear.
Brainnin

Activity: 170
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2019, 07:07:15 PM

There is no specific ways to detect ICO scam, the only thing that can serve as hints to know scam Project is to research well on the projects like checking the team, following the project on social media's and checking if the project really have something reasonable to offer.

✦ ✕     stableDEX.io     |||[  IEO is live on ExMarkets    ]    ✕ ✦
━ ━━ ━━━  100% Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective  ━━━ ━━ ━
bonker

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 07:58:56 PM

basic and the promotion only we can trust sum investment if it was new also so I need to check the promoters firstly then only the idea will came to my mind if it was true or fake otherwise we don't have any options to find them it was original or scam.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
Iyanu14

Activity: 795

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 08:03:08 PM

To know scam ico you have to do proper research, some team can be deceiving with thier sweet mouth, in this space scammers are too many, i think base on feasibility of white paper whether it's achievable also experience of the team, with that you can at least detect if it's scam or not.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: