Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:08:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think about airdrop that required apps install?  (Read 672 times)
tomsoier

Activity: 784
Merit: 115

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:52:51 PM

I think it's too risky. It is very impractical to install a dubious application on your main computer for the sake of getting a few tens of dollars, which can cause damage to a more serious amount of money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alrez

Activity: 134
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:24:11 PM

What kind of application does the project want to install? I once used a wallet app for a coin. But there are some failures in sending the token. Moreover, if every coin expects us to install the app, I think our phone will not be enough for everything. So I think it's impractical to be like that, because the capacity of mobile phones is not like pc or laptop.
lunaelucemauram

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:47:34 PM

Peraonaly downloading a required app for an airdrop is not safe since it can have viruses or malicious data that can damage your computers data or even worse use the data for fraudulent activites not to mention to steal your crypto. Even clicking into links also takes risk of hacking.
oliviancool

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:52:42 PM

I do not think that they are good airdrops because personally they never asked to download the application and this is suspicious.
wudackprod

Activity: 1316
Merit: 121

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:06:54 PM

I think it's not risky, but Airdrops it's not good way to earn tokens. Try to participate in bounty campaigns by popular projects and managments team. AmaZix have good bounties.
Esterklu

Activity: 728
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:10:02 PM

Agree that risks are too high, i installed once, but after decided that it will be my first and last time. Even if i dont have any important information on that phone.
Jamboo30

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:12:44 PM

In my opinion, when join airdop, only filling form and make share, follow, like. Dowload the app is the risk way which include virus.

S t a r t F i     ▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄     SELL YOUR CONTENT, START YOUR LIFE     ▀▄  ▀▄▄▄▄▄     S t a r t F i
|    WEBSITE   | WHITEPAPER |   TL GROUP   | TL CHANNEL |    TWITTER    |    MEDIUM    |
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
koloNikolo

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 02:40:55 PM

you have to work carefully with apps because if you install something on your phone you can loose everything not only crypto. The best way to be safe is to follow the biggest ICO and airdrops with big projects because in that case you will have good amount of tokens/coins with nice price in the end and your data will stay safe.

IMatveeva

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:13:13 AM

I was involved in airdrops that needed to download the app. This app was like a wallet on your phone. There you could buy and sell Bitcoin Ethereum and Bitcoin cash. A lot of downloading it. There are bad airdrops and there are good ones. Maybe in a year it will be the best app on your phone for selling cryptocurrency.
bitduy

Activity: 44

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 02:02:12 PM

Just download Nox or some other Android emulator for your PC to use the apps. You can easily download and import/install .apk files in it (apps from play store). If anything goes wrong you can can delete or make a new emulator instance in a minute.
Bento98

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 10:17:17 PM

if in my opinion it is not so risky, because aridrops this type of free coin that the price is low. you should follow a bounty campaye you can look for in the marketplaes (altcoin), because there are many good projects and managed by a great manager.
ForHorde666

Activity: 95
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:50:32 PM

I found a project offering an airdrop but required participants to download and install their mobile app. The app is newly made with only few hundreds download and I don't think I'll ever use it.

Is it too risky?

I almost always pass by such Airdrops. Too small reward for potential risk. Only reason to install 3-rd party applications is, only if the Airdrop is launched by the project with which you already deal, as a bounty hunter and\or investor.
Camirdouty123

Activity: 51

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 07:25:52 PM

Yesn't you shouldn't install some weird and suspicious apps on your mobile. If you have a spare phone, sure you can install and test it
Retolin

Activity: 146

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:35:13 PM

Oчeнь oпacнo, oчeнь pиcкoвaннo, чтoбы зaпycтить пpилoжeния!!B тaкoм пpилoжeнии мoгyт быть виpycы или пpoгpaммы, кpaдyщиe личнyю инфopмaцию.я,бы нe cтaл pиcкoвaть тaк
GarryTonw56

Activity: 272

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:52:07 PM
Merited by Stalin645 (3)

I do not know about exactly this one app but think about your trust to this airdrop, but sometimes it is okey to use them and I unfortunatelly do not know how to know which one is okey

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
anti-scam

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

COINECT

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:05:28 PM

If the application is suspicious, I do not do it.
lots of viruses and malware coming in from such apps.
the biggest problem computer data will be threatened, may be lost and stolen.

▄▄▓▓▄▄   ▄▓▓▓▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀    ▀▓▓▓▀   ▀▓▓▓▄
         ▄▓▓▀▀        ▐▓         ▀▓▓▓
         ▓▓   ░▓▓▒    ▐▓     ▓▓░   ▐▓
         ▓▓    ░▀▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▀▀    ▐▓
      ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▓▓▀     ▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▄   ▀▀    ▀▓▓░
    ▓▓        ▓▓▓░    ▐▓     ▀▓▓▄        ▓░
    ▓▓▄▄▄    ▐▓░   ▄▓▄▓▓▒▄▓▄   ▓▓░   ▄▄▄▄▓░
    ▓▓▀▀▀    ▐▓░   ▀▀▀▓▓▒▀▀    ▓▓░   ▀▀▀▒▓░
    ▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄   ▐▓    ▄▓▓▓▀       ░▓░
    ▀▓▓▄▄  ▄▓▄   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓▒   ▓▄   ▄▓▓▓░
        ▀▓▓▓▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓░   ▀▀▓▓▓▀░
         ▓▓    ▄▓▓▓   ▐▓    ▓▓▄░   ▐▓░░
         ▀▓▄   ▀▓     ▐▓     ▀▀   ▄▓▓░
           ▀▓▓▓▄      ▓▓░      ▄▓▓▀░
               ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▀░▓▓▓▄▓▓▓░
COINECT
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
AI-based decentralized
arbitrage trading system
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄
                        ▄▄█████▀▀███
                    ▄▄████▀▀     ███
              ▄▄▄████▀▀    ▄▄   ▐██
          ▄▄█████▀       ▄█▀    ██▌
     ▄▄████▀▀▀       ▄███▀      ██▌
    ████▀        ▄▄████▀       ▐██
     ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀         ██▌
          ▀████████           ▐██
            ▀████▌            ███
             ▀███  ▄██▄▄     ▐██▀
              ███▄███▀███▄   ███
              ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                          ▀▀█▀▀

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
█              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:24:36 PM

There are things that might trigger you to install a requested app. First, if the project is an outstanding one that haven't been done before, then I don't mind installing the app. Though, you have to make sure that the app is free from virus, malicious attack or password stealer. If I happen to  make all this evaluation and it didn't rhythm, then I will  never install such..
palermofc

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:24:05 PM

I found a project offering an airdrop but required participants to download and install their mobile app. The app is newly made with only few hundreds download and I don't think I'll ever use it.

Is it too risky?
There are lots of airdrops that do not require any app downloading. It's risky to download from unknown publisher, so let's participate more safer airdrops imo.
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:46:04 PM

Is it too risky?
If that airdrop is worthy enough i might consider installing any apps but using only a different phone or emulator as what blackmagical said. But if that apps ask you something after you installed it before you will get your airdrop i think you know what it is. Be curious all the time and think wisely, in times like these only few are real left.

OnnoTunes

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 11:55:02 PM

Don't install the apps/executables if you don't trust the publisher/source. It's not worth the airdrop token if your system is hacked or damaged.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: